Mother's Day is just around the corner. Mark your calendars! Don't forget, it's Sunday, May 12!
Sure, you could get your mama some flowers, or pull that good ol' breakfast in bed trick...but you're totally better than that. After all, this woman deserves the best from you. She gave birth to you! So this year, show her how much she means to you by whipping up one of these quick and easy DIY Mother's Day gifts. Or make two and save one for yourself.
1. Chalkboard Tray. This is a great idea if you want to make something extra special AND do breakfast in bed. You overachiever, you!
2. Homemade Cat Treats or Dog Treats. You know your mom almost loves that ball of fur as much as you. Make sure she knows you're still first place in her heart with these bad boys. Double points if Fluffy actually eats 'em!
3. Kitchen Planter Box Complete with Herbs. If you really want to impress, bust out some tools and make this! The harder you work on it, the more you love her, right? Personalize the gift even more by including herbs you know she loves.
4. Ancho Chili-Cinnamon Chocolate Bark. If your mom's more of the gourmet type, this will be perfect. Or she will hate it, but she'll love you for trying anyway!
5. Pine Nut Brittle with Rosemary. Something about brittle, peanut or otherwise, just screams gift. Make a real impact with this alt-brittle recipe.
6. Homemade Lemon Body Scrub. Your mama works hard! Let her unwind with this. Extra points if you substitute her favorite oil in the recipe. I'm thinking sesame or sweet almond...
7. Tub Teas. Moms love tea! It's a scientific fact. My vote goes for the lavender. But if your madre is more of a peppermint gal, go for it. Variety is the spice (or tub tea) of life.
8. Lotion Bar. If you can't get your butt over to LUSH, make one of these. They are simple and crazy lux. Customize them even more with her favorite essential oil. Think of the possible combos: lemon mint, vanilla lavender, and beyond! Add some fine glitter in the mix if your mom is the saucy type.
9. Mason Jar Pin-Cushion. Your mom has been fixing your shit since you were a wee babe. With jars like these, you could make her future fixing experiences a wee bit cuter.
10. Mom-osas. You know where you got your sense of humor. Now you can both drink over jokes only the two of you find funny. This recipe calls for champagne and orange liquor. My vote is for some cheap champagne and some Cointreau. Cue the nostalgic crying over baby pictures.
The opinions expressed on the BUST blog are those of the authors themselves and do not necessarily reflect the position of BUST Magazine or its staff.
blog comments powered by Disqus