As we usher in the new year, let’s look back and reflect upon the most meaningful moments of 2012. And, because I’m a millennial and apparently it’s all I’m good for, let’s define “most meaningful moments” as “awesome Youtube clips”. More specifically, Youtube clips featuring adorable children covering pop songs.
The Youtube cover song is a tricky landing to stick, but this year was chock full of youngsters who pulled it off, no problem. I’d say that their home video renditions are better than the original tracks in question, but then again I’m an unapologetic sucker for cute singing kids. Still, I hope these little musical nuggets offer you a lovely reprieve during the Great Holiday Dash-Around of 2012. Subscribe to them all—they are wonderful!
1. Lennon & Maisy Stella—"Call Your Girlfriend" by Robyn/Erato
2. Myles and Mylie—"We are Young" by Fun.
3. PS22 Chorus—"Somebody That I Used To Know" by Gotye (feat. Kimbra)
4. Jorge & Alexa Narvaez—"I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz
5. Maria Aragon—"Born This Way" by Lady Gaga
Photo via Twitter
Videos via Youtube
The opinions expressed on the BUST blog are those of the authors themselves and do not necessarily reflect the position of BUST Magazine or its staff.
blog comments powered by Disqus