Last year was exciting for women and the news.Â BUST is proud to have brought you so many of those stories, and we thought the start of the new year would be a great time to recap the posts that got the most virtual hits on the BUST blog.Â So without further delay, here were the top 10 stories from us:
1. Â 10 Awesome Feminist Halloween Costume Ideas.
From dressing as a gay couple to show support for marriage equality, to dressing as members of the newsworthy Pussy Riot, BUST readers seemed eager to find cool, creative, feminist costumes for Halloween.
2. Â Bring the Pain: A Man Simulates Labor.
This controversial video featured a male Australian doctor who went under simulated later only to conclude that â€śMen of the world you have no idea. Leave it to the women.â€ťÂ Pretty interesting.
The Doctor Simulating Labor
3. Â What Fashion Poses Would Look Like in Real Life.
How ridiculous would it be if everyday real people posed as models do in fashion spreads?Â This post focuses on photographer Yolanda Dominguezâ€™ series about just that.
4. Â This Vintage Photo of Amy Poehler and Tina Fey is Just Too Good.
The staff at BUST is so in love with these two, but it looks like our readers are just as in love with them!Â This adorable photo is worth another look if youâ€™ve already seen it.
Amy Poehler and Tina Fey
5. Â A Racist Little Outfit: Victoriaâ€™s Secretâ€™s â€śSexy Little Geishaâ€ť Lingerie.
Victoriaâ€™s Secret was in the news a couple of times this year.Â Along with the fake Pink Loves Consent campaign, their new line promoted a racially and sexually demeaning fantasy version of Asian women.
6. Â Tavi Gevinson Dishes on Anna Wintour, Feminism, and her Plans for World Domination.
Taken right out of our August/September issue, this article about 16-year-old fashion blogger Tavi Gevinson was a top-read post at BUST.
7. The Legality of the Upskirt.
This detailed post discussed and explained the laws and controversy regarding photography and filming of private parts, without the individualâ€™s consent.Â Thereâ€™s a lot to learn from this piece.
8. Â Healthy is the New Skinny Launches the Love Campaign.
Both the Victoriaâ€™s Secret Love My Body Campaign and the Dove Real Beauty Campaign received negative feedback for portraying beauty as only being thin or for being curvy.Â But this post focused on a new campaign, with the goal that healthy is the best way to be.
9. Â The Sexy Body Bag Halloween Costume.Â Seriously.
Yeah, thatâ€™s all there really is to say about that one.Â Who came up with the terrible idea of making that offensive costume?
10. 8-year-old Stella Dresses Up as a Different Historical Woman Every Day.
On a cuter note that totally sticks it to the body-bag costume (above), this adorable eight-year-old dressed up as a different strong historical woman every day.Â How cool is that?
Stella as Helen Keller