The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

31 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> For The Newbies...., ...post here before anywhere else...
deschatsrouge
post Sep 10 2009, 02:22 PM
Post #281

A symphony of atrocities.

Hi all (passes around coconut punch and macaroons) Nice to meet all of you.

Hey Kofee, I belly dance too. What style do you focus on? Cabaret or Tribal?

--------------------
"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." -Exodus 22:18
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Sep 10 2009, 10:35 AM
Post #282

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey there new sisters (and you few brave brothers):

I'm a thirty-something crafty, lactivist, homeschooling mama from the armpit of Columbus, Ohio.

When coherent( when I've gotten atleast 3 hours of sleep), I read, knit, crochet, spin yarn, sew, dream, bake vegan goodies, seek out great films, and do a bit of bellydancing. I'm interested in all aspects of midwifery, herbal medicine and other lost arts of women. (and yeah, I live with way too many cats...sometimes there are stereotypes for a reason, I guess). rolleyes.gif

My current movie fetish: I love vietnamese director Tran Ahn Hung...Cyclo, Vertical Ray of the Sun, Scent of Green Papaya are some of his works.

I'm a friendly/approachable sort of grrl, so feel free and encouraged to hit me up with comments/questions about any shared interests, pursuits or (for Columbus-ites) our unfortunate mutual locale.

I also am peer counselor to new breastfeeding mamas. (Cause it's not just YOU, it really is kinda frustrating the first few weeks). I HATE to hear of mamas who really wanted to breastfeed, but gave up due to lack of information/support. So nursing moms, I always welcome you.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

--------------------
"The U.S. is the only nation on Earth to pass from barbarism into decadence without once passing through an era of civilization."

+Quote Post
zoey
post Sep 7 2009, 04:15 PM
Post #283

BUSTie

Hi everyone. I'm Zoe, 21, a senior majoring in Psychology and extremely new to Bust. I took a Women's studies class last semester that really made me interested in feminisim, so I've been taking everything I can find to learn more about it.

Hope to have some fun with this forum smile.gif

+Quote Post
echolalia
post Sep 5 2009, 01:59 AM
Post #284

Hello, all. Longtime lurker, first time caller.
Still trying to get my shit together after the demise of a hardcore Very Serious Relationship in December. Likes include: cheese, cats, drunkenly posting things on the internet, and suede fringe.

+Quote Post
Laura is Great
post Sep 3 2009, 04:37 PM
Post #285

Hey everyone. My name is Laura. I live in Ohio. I like bicycles, guitars, writing, cats, and making jewelry.

I've been reading Bust for a couple years now, and love it to bits.

I really can't think of anything else to say.

--------------------
I'll think of something better to put here later.

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Sep 1 2009, 06:37 AM
Post #286

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

Good morning new people! Nice to see you around these parts. biggrin.gif

bconga - thanks for the link to your project. If you are considering starting a new thread, please, please PLEASE ask in The Community Forum first. That will let you know if there is enough interest here to make it happen. Thanks.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
iheartjason
post Aug 31 2009, 10:31 AM
Post #287

Hi everyone! I didn't read the entire thread, but my name is Brianna. I've been reading Bust off and on for a couple of years now and just recently re-subscribed (something had to give while I was out of work and magazines were one of those somethings).

Anywho, I'm 27, work at the library, love to embroider and scrapbook and take pictures. I have a super fantastic new boyfriend who lives 9 hours away, but we're making it work. I love to read and learn about anything and everything.

+Quote Post
bconga
post Aug 30 2009, 11:57 PM
Post #288

Well Hello! I'm brand new to the lounge... my name is Brittny!! I'm a big red haired actor/activist/crafty kid from Kentucky... and I would love to chat with you fabulous ladies who lounge about a theatre project I started ... its all about FAKING IT and a) the reasons we do it b) sharing our stories, insecurities and taboos c) turning them into faulous, entertaining and relevant theatre ( I'm thinking the new Vagina Monologues!)!

I think it would definately be a fun new thread to start, and would, I have no doubt, spur some fabulous posting!!!

I can't wait to chat and hear about your fabulous feministing adventures!

Want to learn more about this intiguing and exciting FAKING IT project, check out this oh so accessible Facebook link... go on... you know you want to!

CHECK IT OUT: FAKING IT! And the search for the Female Orgasm!

Lovely chatting with you ladies... I tip my pink martini too you... MWHA!

Put something silly in the world!

+Quote Post
Angelina_Fantasy
post Aug 25 2009, 05:40 PM
Post #289

Hi I am Angelina, I am new and just wanted to say hello and introduce myself

: biggrin.gif

--------------------
Cinderella is proof that a good pair of shoes can change your life....

+Quote Post
deschatsrouge
post Aug 24 2009, 12:57 PM
Post #290

A symphony of atrocities.

Welcome all!

--------------------
"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." -Exodus 22:18

+Quote Post
BitchEatMyShoe
post Aug 21 2009, 09:41 AM
Post #291

First, I should probably start by apologizing incase my username might offend anyone. So, if I've offended you, I am truly sorry. biggrin.gif

So, I'm Melissa, I'm 24 and I'm from the grayest place on earth, Cleveland Ohio! I've actually have been reading Bust for years, and never realized there was a forum here. I'm really excited I stubbled on to this place. A little more about myself, I love music and movies and I'm a hugh art enthusiast! I love art in all different types of mediums. I also love to read, and to drink black coffee (preferably that combo at the same time). And one of my dreams for the future is to become a belly dancer.

Im really looking forward to getting to know the members here.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Aug 19 2009, 12:25 AM
Post #292

Big Fat Bitch

What Do You Call Your Vajayjay?

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
sevenseconds
post Aug 18 2009, 09:01 PM
Post #293

Hardcore BUSTie

Thank YOU Auralpoison!
Um, where is the place to ask about how I can find a thread I was reading on my first day which seems to have gotten buried under the pyramids?
It was something like, "what do you call your vagina"... I was loving that thing.

And. You girls make me feel like I've finally come home. Thank you.

ss

--------------------
Every story is a cup so empty it can be drunk from again and again. - MJH

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Aug 18 2009, 04:42 AM
Post #294

Big Fat Bitch

Well hellooooo newbies & welcome to the Lounge! As it is early, I am passing around plates of pastries, fruit, juice, tea, coffee, etc. Good morning & enjoy!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
littlefoot76
post Aug 17 2009, 05:24 PM
Post #295

Hello! My name is Stacy and I live in northern VA. Right now I'm working on getting into a DVM program (cross your fingers for me!) and enjoy jewelry making, photography, video gaming, knitting and working with animals.
Nice to meet all of you!

+Quote Post
dyke-o-rama
post Aug 14 2009, 12:29 PM
Post #296

Hello everyone!
I am Bella and I currently hail from Ga. I live in "HIcksville, Usa" so it's nice to connect with other women for lucid intelligent conversation. I am a coffee-drinking bibliophile who enjoys animals,baking and movies of all genres. I own a craft business and enjoy meeting new people.
Drop me a line sometime. smile.gif

+Quote Post
sevenseconds
post Aug 12 2009, 11:45 PM
Post #297

Hardcore BUSTie

Hello, ladies,
I am from Eastern Europe, have been living in the States for 5 years, all over the place. Interested in people and literature, why we do what we do, should we stop, neurochemistry. Just typed "Lettter that you'll never send" and found this lounge, didn't even know what I was doing;) But you guys are uber cool.
Hope you all are having a wonderful life!
ss

AuralPoison - thanx;p

--------------------
Every story is a cup so empty it can be drunk from again and again. - MJH

+Quote Post
BerkeleyFan
post Aug 10 2009, 04:56 PM
Post #298

My name is Bridget. I am from California. I now live in Arizona with my husband. I am 27 years old.

+Quote Post
Stank
post Aug 1 2009, 06:01 PM
Post #299

Hi, I'm Stank.

I'm a musician, part time chauffeur and gal of all trades who hates dishes, but loves to cook. I used to post here before but that was a long time ago. This place is still outrageous.

+Quote Post
daybrown
post Jul 31 2009, 03:11 AM
Post #300

I'm just a lech trying to find out what women think. Someone, maybe the Goddess, left a copy of the Atlantic in my bathroom with a rap on new genre's in women's literature. Along with the standard classic Romance, there were now the revenge novels where she gets back at him for being dumped, the book about picking the right college, getting the right degree, and then going out to find the perfect......job. Or, after finding the perfect man, discovering what a thankless job it was raising his kids from his airhead first wife.

Then, someone left a copy of Cosmopolitan, (I'll read anything) that had a report from a 30 something, disparing of ever meeting Mr. Wright, who went to a fertility clinic and now has the perfect... baby.

Every few years, I get a subscription to Playboy to see what young men are being told. Looking them over, I see it has become quaint. So, I got a subscription to Hustler, and if you actually read, rather than just look, its more cutting edge, socially active, like Playboy usta be. But I dont needa look at pictures to get horney.

Then, I got more recent copies of Cosmopolitan and Glamour, and sense the change; there's still raps on how to find and keep your man, but there's also some now on how to get more out of whatever life, or sex life, you are already having. Then, in the feb 09 Cosmo, "The Surprising Way to Feel Happier", on pg 139, which is, pure Zen. A remarkable contrast to all the upscale merchandise ads. Well, we all havta start somewheres.

But then, I saw the link to Bust, so thot I'd see if there was a more leading edge. And I'd get a subscription, but I got an upcoming test case on medical marijuana in Arkansas coming up in Oct, when they mite throw my ass in jail. So, I dont make any long term plans.

But looking for new social models, have you all seen or looked up the Mosuo?
http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/rough/20...on_tolinks.html
Look at the longer video. Whatever they are doing does not seem to fit into any of the genres of womens literature I know of.

--------------------
When the Goddess invented sex, She was beside Herself.

+Quote Post

31 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 20, 2014 - 04:31 PM