271 Pages V  « < 148 149 150 151 152 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
neverending
post Jul 26 2007, 11:43 AM
Post #2981

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jul 26 2007, 02:32 AM) *
For those of you that are trying to fight off depression, or anxiety from this bv battle....

The B-complex vitamins..not only are they destroyed by alcohol, nicotine, birth control, anti-depressants, and stress..but also caffeine? and refined sugars?....but you don't have to take my word for it.....

http://depression.about.com/cs/diet/a/vitamin.htm
This article also stated vitamin B5 (pathothenic acid) is needed for hormone formation.

Good Article smile.gif
How is everything going for you arj75?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jul 25 2007, 07:15 PM
Post #2982

Hardcore BUSTie

For those of you that are trying to fight off depression, or anxiety from this bv battle....

The B-complex vitamins..not only are they destroyed by alcohol, nicotine, birth control, anti-depressants, and stress..but also caffeine? and refined sugars?....but you don't have to take my word for it.....

http://depression.about.com/cs/diet/a/vitamin.htm

This article also stated vitamin B5 (pathothenic acid) is needed for hormone formation.

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Jul 24 2007, 02:10 PM
Post #2983

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jul 22 2007, 08:53 AM) *
I think, that for some women...100 mg..might not be enough..depending on your stress level. I take 800 mgs daily. I decided to go to sublingual because i have digestive problems as well, and I thought I would benefit more from sublingual because it's liquid or can be in found in louzenes (sp lol) too. And I thought it would easier for my body to absorb. I switched from tabs to sublingual ONE WEEK ago.

I just bought some B-6 sublinguals today. But I could only find something called Coenzymated B-6, 17 mg (from 25 mg pyridoxal-5-phosphate). That's what's written on the bottle. So is that 17 mg or 25 mg? And has anyone found a higher mg pill? Or should I just pop four of them at a time to get the 100mg?

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Jul 23 2007, 08:27 PM
Post #2984

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jul 21 2007, 08:56 PM) *
Since I have been taking sublingual B-complex....I have been able to sleep (lack of B = insomnia)
Since I have taking sublingual B - my chest pains and heart palpitations have almost disappeared
Since I have been taking sublingual B- I have not had an asthma attack
Since I have been taking sublingual B- my anxiety has been lifted GREATLY

I am going to take extra B Vitamins and see what happens. I really hope it helps with my heart palpitations. They keep me up at night, which is not a good feeling.

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Jul 23 2007, 08:23 PM
Post #2985

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(j4sonl33 @ Jul 20 2007, 04:32 AM) *
One 100mg tablet of B6 daily with a full glass of water = No more BV.

I have been taking one B-Complex Vitamin everyday for the past 4 months. So looking at the label that would be only 50mg per day. I will buy the extra B6 and see what happens... Thanks!

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jul 23 2007, 05:21 AM
Post #2986

Hardcore BUSTie

I don't know if any of you had read the article that neverending had found...but when the women that were hospitalized to treat their BV (what country was that I don't remember Sweden?)....vitamin B1 and vitamin B6 were administered into their IV's. Also, in one of those articles...I don't remember which one, it was stated that some women with BV did have higher yeast counts than their controls. And they did claim that no testing was done in regards to yeast found in their biofilm.

From a lot of case studies I have read, it said women with BV, or vaginal problems period...were always low in vitamins B1 and B6. But I don't understand this....how can you test for water soluble vitamin defiencies...when they are excreted on a daily basis.....it would vary from day to day....... I have been told by countless doctors that you cannot test for water soluble. (I'm not saying that they were right) we already know most are dumbass's anyways.
B12 (considered water soluble..but actually the body can store this one (in liver?)..) it is the only one that I was aware of you could test for........

+Quote Post
lori
post Jul 23 2007, 02:15 AM
Post #2987

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ Jul 23 2007, 01:09 AM) *
Joanna--I'm glad it worked for you, but I know several girls on here used it with no results whatsoever. Someone also found out that the company itself has been in trouble (I don't remember why...it was a million pages ago in this thread) and that they are a bit shady. I personaly think boric acid would work just as well and it's super cheap.

This is from the Rip-off Report about the makers of Enzara:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/137/ripoff0137787.htm

They have an unsatisfactory record at BBB:

http://search.bbb.org/Results.aspx?n=Selme...&st=&z=

(I'll update my blog with this info. later.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jul 23 2007, 01:52 AM
Post #2988

Hardcore BUSTie

Joanna--I'm glad it worked for you, but I know several girls on here used it with no results whatsoever. Someone also found out that the company itself has been in trouble (I don't remember why...it was a million pages ago in this thread) and that they are a bit shady. I personaly think boric acid would work just as well and it's super cheap.

+Quote Post
Joanna
post Jul 23 2007, 12:44 AM
Post #2989

QUOTE(i @ Jul 21 2007, 02:24 PM) *
I also went out and bought the b6 yesterday. I am going to try taking that once a day along with the BA for 14 days. I am still curious about Enzara. Has anyone tried it? I bought it off of ebay but have not received it yet.

I bought it. it works great for me. It has changed my life. I hate to sound like a drama queen but it's true. But if I stop taking it I smell again.

+Quote Post
Joanna
post Jul 23 2007, 12:37 AM
Post #2990

QUOTE(i @ Jul 21 2007, 02:24 PM) *
I also went out and bought the b6 yesterday. I am going to try taking that once a day along with the BA for 14 days. I am still curious about Enzara. Has anyone tried it? I bought it off of ebay but have not received it yet.

I bought Enzara about 3 months ago, i started suffering from bv about 5 years ago. It has truly helped me out. I have to swallow 4 pills a day but it's worth it. Sometimes i smell but nothing compared to before. I can come home from work and have sex and not have to worry because I don't smell anymore. I have eliminated sugar from my diet cause as you know bacteria feeds of of sugar. I notice that when I eat alot of sweets I smell. Another reason for the smell is cause of yeast. It grows in your body and is very hard to kill. it also makes you smell. I have tried my best not to eat anything with alot of sugar and combined with Enzara it's almost unreal. You do not have to have a yeast infection to have yeast in you. Normally when you suffer from bv you also suffer from a yeast overgrowth. I also take probiotics on a regular basis. I believe that Enzara is just to treat bv not to cure bv.

+Quote Post
Morphia
post Jul 22 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #2991

Hardcore BUSTie

UPDATE:

I've done 12 nights of the 14 nights of Cleocin and my symptoms are still the EXACT SAME. It has done jack shit. I'm just has burny and red and inflamed as I was in the beginning. Its as if I never used the shit. It looks like I need to rule out herpes next...

+Quote Post
j4sonl33
post Jul 22 2007, 11:47 AM
Post #2992

Here's the piece of that article that has me convinced that B6 is the answer:

"Vitamin B6 must be obtained from the diet because humans cannot synthesize it. PLP plays a vital role in the function of approximately 100 enzymes that catalyze essential chemical reactions in the human body."

Enlightening, isn't it?

+Quote Post
j4sonl33
post Jul 22 2007, 11:43 AM
Post #2993

Hey girls, here's some more great info on B6:

http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/vitamins/vitaminB6/

Looks like the FDA has set a tolerable upper limit of 100mg per day and further research shows that going beyond that amount has no added benefit, either. I would just stick to 100mg a day (with water and a multivitamin). Bear in mind that my case study consists of exactly ONE person, but she had chronic BV for 7 years straight and now it's gone (it looks like arj75 may be a success story also).

Sure beats yogurt and rat poison ;-)

Best wishes,
Jason

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jul 22 2007, 06:36 AM
Post #2994

Hardcore BUSTie

[quote name='6efox' date='Jul 22 2007, 06:35 AM' post='162623']
I am now convinced that the anti-depressants has been the culprit.... I do want to go off it but probably not a good idea to do it right now. I need to take them for at least 6 months for it to be effective or something...? It's now been 6 months.. maybe I need it for a month or two.. my mum thinks they'll do me more damage than good but I think they are helping... I get nasty side effects when I forget to take them for a day or two though.....

Anyway.. I'm definitely going to have trouble with "A"....

arj75 - how long have you been taking the B-complex tablets for...? And is it absorbed better if you take them that way...?? (I've always wondered why and how that worked..)

6efox

I have been taking B-complex since the day I joined this forum...I don't remember when that was though. lol But, in the very beginning..I was only taking 1 tab a day...which wasn't doing jack-shit. Furthermore, when I did decide to increase my supplements....I still wasn't taking them with a full glass of water. However, I do drink a whole hell alot of water. I think, that for some women...100 mg..might not be enough..depending on your stress level. I take 800 mgs daily. I decided to go to sublingual because i have digestive problems as well, and I thought I would benefit more from sublingual because it's liquid or can be in found in louzenes (sp lol) too. And I thought it would easier for my body to absorb. I switched from tabs to sublingual ONE WEEK ago.

+Quote Post
6efox
post Jul 22 2007, 04:18 AM
Post #2995

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jul 22 2007, 10:56 AM) *
If Jason is correct, and I believe he is!
Do you all think that if we really want to get better we need to
A. quit drinking (it stops vitamin B absorbtion)
B. Quit taking birth control (it effects B absorbtion)
C. Quit smoking (loss of vitamin B"s)
D Maybe quit taking the anti-depressants (they effect vitamin absorbtion, and alter our chemistry...(the only reason I was on antidepressants was BECAUSE of BV..if that is not the reason any were taking them in the first place..then obviously, not a good choice to stop.
Everything he has said..adds up..for me, I know.
Since I have been taking sublingual B-complex....I have been able to sleep (lack of B = insomnia)
Since I have taking sublingual B - my chest pains and heart palpitations have almost disappeared
Since I have been taking B Complex- I have not been stinking, nor any discharge.

I have the feeling the mini blog will need to be posted very shortly.

I am now convinced that the anti-depressants has been the culprit.... I do want to go off it but probably not a good idea to do it right now. I need to take them for at least 6 months for it to be effective or something...? It's now been 6 months.. maybe I need it for a month or two.. my mum thinks they'll do me more damage than good but I think they are helping... I get nasty side effects when I forget to take them for a day or two though.....

Anyway.. I'm definitely going to have trouble with "A"....

arj75 - how long have you been taking the B-complex tablets for...? And is it absorbed better if you take them that way...?? (I've always wondered why and how that worked..)

J4son - You are seriously a saviour to us all. Thanks for all your work and advice!!

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jul 21 2007, 06:39 PM
Post #2996

Hardcore BUSTie

If Jason is correct, and I believe he is!
Do you all think that if we really want to get better we need to
A. quit drinking (it stops vitamin B absorbtion)
B. Quit taking birth control (it effects B absorbtion)
C. Quit smoking (loss of vitamin B"s)
D Maybe quit taking the anti-depressants (they effect vitamin absorbtion, and alter our chemistry...(the only reason I was on antidepressants was BECAUSE of BV..if that is not the reason any were taking them in the first place..then obviously, not a good choice to stop.
Everything he has said..adds up..for me, I know.
Since I have been taking B Complex- I have not been stinking, nor any discharge.

I have the feeling the mini blog will need to be posted very shortly.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jul 21 2007, 05:25 PM
Post #2997

Hardcore BUSTie

Enzara doesn't work...sad.gif Several girls, including myself, have tried it. It is a scam.

+Quote Post
i'vehadenough
post Jul 21 2007, 12:07 PM
Post #2998

BUSTie

+Quote Post
j4sonl33
post Jul 21 2007, 12:56 AM
Post #2999

6efox,
To answer your question about taking b6 with a b vitamin complex....Truth is, I don't really know. What I DO know is that my wife just takes 100mg of b6 with a good multivitamin (and a FULL bottle of water, key thing) and it works great. The key is LOTS of b6 and since it is water soluable, you MUST drink the water. 100mg of b6 is about 5000% of the recommended daily dose. There is a risk of b6 overdose, but only when you get up around 2000mg, so it's perfectly safe at the 100mg level.

BTW, good shopping tip, all those expensive hormone balancers on the shelf at the store are nothing more than a multivitamin with anywhere between 50-100mg of b6. Nothing else. Yeah, it all makes sense now, doesn't it? B6 is the key to hormonal harmony. Check it out for yourself. So don't waste your money. Just get a good One-a-day, some bottled water, and load up on the B6.

Hope that helps.

Please let me know how things work out for you.

Your friend,
Jason

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jul 20 2007, 08:23 PM
Post #3000

Hardcore BUSTie

I'd be playing the banjo right now if i knew how....b vitamins..asthma? anxiety? heart problems? ezema? BV?

Guess I need some fiddle lessons..maybe my sugar daddy pay for it. lol

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 148 149 150 151 152 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 29, 2014 - 07:59 PM