24 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Don't hate me because I'm beautiful
epinephrine
post Jul 30 2010, 01:19 AM
Post #21

Hardcore BUSTie

Which shades did you get, Aural?

I finally got a chance to paint my nails today. Went for my old fave, Valentine by Revlon. Probably the best, bloodiest red ever. Glossy red nails make me feel so damn fierce.

--------------------
To be free one must give up a little part of oneself.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 28 2010, 05:33 PM
Post #22

Big Fat Bitch

Okay. So the Revlon stains have a nice color saturation. I'm not sure about the wear yet, but the balm? Needs to be re-thought. It's just kinda stuck on the end of the marker. I can tell already that I'll have it broken off in no time & it's certainly not something I'm gonna stick in my pocket.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 24 2010, 06:39 PM
Post #23

Big Fat Bitch

This link from Drugstore.com has a pretty decent template for what the colors look like, better than the Revlon site anyways. Mine should arrive Monday, so I will know more then.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Jul 24 2010, 03:25 PM
Post #24

Hardcore BUSTie

Saw those Revlon lipstains at the store today, but there weren't any testers! Anyone tried them yet? There was one called Midnight that looked like a nice rich burgundy, but which looked like it could have been more brown than purple. Several reds and berries, too. I need to find one that matches my Revlon In The Red lipstick, which is a little on the orangey side. I like layering lipstick over a lipstain because you get such a nice smudgeproof foundation and it gives you such a nice, crisp lipline. I know that's what lipliners are for, but I've never gotten the hang of it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Jul 16 2010, 12:15 AM
Post #25

Hardcore BUSTie

Whoops.

--------------------

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Jul 16 2010, 12:14 AM
Post #26

Hardcore BUSTie

I heard about the Revlon lipstain! I'm totally going to try it out when it makes it into stores here. In the meantime, I just bought one of Revlon's matte lipsticks in In The Red and am really happy with it. It feels really clean and light and wears a lot better than my regular lipstick. I almost bought it in Wine Not, which is a brownish plum sort of color, but I'm glad I went for the red instead. May still try that one, though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 15 2010, 05:18 PM
Post #27

Big Fat Bitch

Revlon got on the stain train a while ago with a stain that had good staying power, but was a bitch & a half to use since it came as a rollerball applicator. They have now launched their new & improved version, Just Bitten Lipstain & Balm with stain at one end & balm at the other. We shall see.

--------------------

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Jun 23 2010, 10:58 PM
Post #28

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks for the update, AP. Glad to hear she's doing ok!

Just perusing the hair and makeup tutorials on YouTube again ('cause that's how I study for a linguistics final...) and I found this awesome chick: Vintageortacky. She's adorable, she's got over 200 videos, and she does lots of really fun, over-the-top looks as well as lots of cute, wearable ones. Enjoy!

--------------------

+Quote Post
toasterbottom
post Jun 19 2010, 10:52 AM
Post #29

BUSTie

Thanks for the tip Ap, I think the layering did it.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 18 2010, 06:45 PM
Post #30

Big Fat Bitch

Hey folks, I just wanted to say that Snow White posted today, I PM'd her & she's on the other side of her illness, she'd doing well, & "staying the course". She also said she'd give Mando a holler & I hope she does.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 7 2010, 05:19 PM
Post #31

Big Fat Bitch

My MAC pens got here today! Yea! Very natural color so far, wear seems to be okay.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mandolyn
post Jun 2 2010, 12:07 PM
Post #32

Hardcore BUSTie

(((snow white))) my best advice is, no matter how cute they look online or in a catalog, or how inexpensive they are, do NOT buy a wig without trying it on first. two days before i started chemo, i went to a salon that specializes in wigs and their fabulous stylist set me up with a wig that looked exactly like my real hair, only better. so i still felt like "me". luckily insurance covered it. of course, now that i look at photos from last year, i'm like, whoa, i SO look like i'm wearing a wig! i actually wound up ditching it much earlier than i had planned, because it was summer and humid and i just couldn't stand it anymore. but from march - july, it was my best friend.

i hope all is going ok for you. feel free to PM me with any questions. (i'm 49, though, lol!)

my new faves:
M.A.C. zoom lash. staying power (even on my oily lids), comfy for my super-sensitive eyes, curl, definiton and ooomph! worth every penny.

Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup SPF 15. decent coverage, soaks up oil well, feels very light.

ulta waterproof automatic eyeliners: good quality, great colors, not a lot of money. i layer with shadow for an low-maintenance smokey eye.

--------------------
"... what i want is what i've not got
and what i need is all around me."

+Quote Post
stargazer
post May 30 2010, 07:22 PM
Post #33

brown delicious

QUOTE(snow white @ Apr 21 2010, 10:21 AM) *
anyway, i originally wandered in here to see if any ladies in here had any experiences with wigs. i'm going through chemo right now and i just want some wig advice from women my own age, not old biddies.

(((Snow white)))

I apologize for responding so late to your post, Snow white. Keep posting in the Lounge and let us know how you are doing.

*~*~*healing vibes for snow white & fuck you cancer*~*~*

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post May 30 2010, 03:13 PM
Post #34

Big Fat Bitch

I was wondering if the MAC stains ($16) are limited edition, myself.

You'd be okay with Tarte stains ($24), Stila stains ($24). Truth be told, they aren't the best stains but they don't test.

They don't test & Josie Maran's stain ($19) is pretty intense color-wise, but didn't have much staying power. Urban Decay ($17) doesn't animal test, but I've not ever tried it. I have a Tokidoki pen ($15), but I do not know if they test.

Benetint is shady about it, they don't test "finished product" which means they use stuff/buy ingredients from other companies that do animal test. Givenchy is also a no go, so is Avon's Mark for the same reason. Target's Pixi brand doesn't seem to test some of their products on animals, but it's not listed as one of the stain's merits.

I thought I'd include a few resources for Busties:

Uncaged UK
My Make Up Mirror
Leaping Bunny
Caring Consumer
Skin Deep Cosmetic Database

--------------------

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post May 30 2010, 11:40 AM
Post #35

Hardcore BUSTie

Damn, damn damn. I should have done my research earlier - I just found out that Covergirl tests on animals. Now I need to find another brand that does a good lipstain. MAC does one, maybe when I'm not so poor I'll check that out. Although I think it's just limited edition. They may not even be around that long.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post May 30 2010, 02:51 AM
Post #36

Big Fat Bitch

I just wanted to say that MBA is running an eyeshadow BOGO through Monday. TWO fab mineral shadows packed with awesome pigment for $5! That is one helluva deal, bishes!

--------------------

+Quote Post
anarch
post May 28 2010, 03:23 PM
Post #37

Hardcore BUSTie

Nice links, everybody. The only mineral cosmetics I've tried are from aromaleigh, which I've been pretty happy with, but it's always helpful to have more options. Bare Escentuals was the first mineral makeup company I'd ever heard of, but I never bought anything from them.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post May 21 2010, 11:15 PM
Post #38

Big Fat Bitch

I just wanted to plug my fave Etsy-based mineral cosmetics co, My Beauty Addiction.

They also have some great face creams, bath & body, etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post May 21 2010, 02:43 PM
Post #39

Hardcore BUSTie

(((Snow_white)))

Those eyeshadows are awesome! I love that dramatic colour.

I'm really into watching the makeup tutorials on Youtube right now - they're great for inspiration, and it's also fun to watch the transformation. Here are a couple I like: Drag queen! Candy colours!

--------------------

+Quote Post
nakedmolerat
post May 14 2010, 02:16 PM
Post #40

BUSTie

Aww SnowWhite, I hope you get well soon! I'm sorry I don't have any help to offer as far as wigs are concerned, but I have to admit I've always wanted to experiment with them.

Well, since everyone is sharing their favorite new make-up, I wanted to share mine! It's a new line called Concrete Minerals, and it's so totally punk rock smile.gif I love the primer, because a little really goes a long way. The cool thing is that on their etsy shop, they have really affordable samples for sale, and their eyeshadow is true to the color and really goes a long way! Now, if only they started making lipstick wink.gif

http://concreteminerals.etsy.com

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 31, 2014 - 08:43 AM