Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

294 Pages V  « < 219 220 221 222 223 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BustSecret: Ordinary Confessions from Extraordinary Busties
maddy29
post Dec 13 2006, 03:05 PM
Post #4401

Hardcore BUSTie

i'm afraid of walking over grates, too. i'm trying to be better about it, but i just feel that i'm going to fall right in. i feel stupid walking around it, but dang, i just hate walking over them!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
freckleface2727
post Dec 13 2006, 11:06 AM
Post #4402

Hardcore BUSTie

I confess

that I do not want to go next door momentarily and help my neighbor draft a Letter to the Courts regarding her child-custody issues.

it was One Thing to help her when her husband was abusing her, but another entirely to be drawn into the middle of a situation I do not begin to understand and her kids are running around all willy nilly loud and amuck and I am thinking "why not just let him have them?"

--------------------
I am a *spark* in this world; get lit.

+Quote Post
wombat
post Dec 13 2006, 10:47 AM
Post #4403

Dragon Velocity

bunny_b! Me, too!

I'm actually forgetting how to spell! Or I'll forget an item. Hate that.

But -- I'm learning new things and doing things with hugely complicated rules to them

And I suspect that the conscious, concentrating part of our minds is like the "screen memory" on a computer.

It can only hold so much, and so when you shove more into the front end, some falls out the back!

It's really the only way I'm keeping my faith and self-confidence and patience with myself.

You have just finished a major educational intitiative, and you are either continuing a level of arduous, inventive thought, or you are trying to readjust to life and use what you have learned and who you have become.

It will get better ~*~*~*!

--------------------
Lion-hearted

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Dec 13 2006, 10:36 AM
Post #4404

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

I'm beginning to worry about the fact I'm forgetting things and making careless errors when writing.

I've always had a really good memory and my spelling is particularly good (well as far as Cranium goes!) I'm also mixing up my wheres and weres and too and to and even two and I NEVER do things like that sad.gif. Sometimes I can't find the right word when I'm speaking, either. At first this was infrequent and I put it down to tiredness but now I'm concerned.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
mouse
post Dec 12 2006, 05:48 PM
Post #4405

Most Likely Procrastinating

anna k! i can't walk on subway grates! everyone thinks i'm crazy! i will go out of my way to walk around them, even if it means bumping into people on the sidewalk.

i'm also vaguely emetophobic. it's kind of nice in a way because i think it keeps me from being as big a lush as most of my friends are--i have a very clear point of when i need to stop drinking. the only time i can ever get over it is if someone is really having trouble and no one else is helping. then i think my indignancy and nobility take over, HA.

--------------------
jam out with your clam out

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Dec 12 2006, 05:40 PM
Post #4406

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

Confession: I am secretly smug that the exasshat is taking minipixie on a trip that she made with me and Mr. Pixie just a few months ago. Knowing her, he'll be hearing, "when I was here with my mommy..." the WHOLE trip!

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Dec 12 2006, 04:41 PM
Post #4407

Pacifism kicks ass!

Freckle, if I remember correctly, I live just a couple hours west of you and I, too, am reeeeeeeally missing the wintery weather this year. My family has already had a nice snow storm this year, while I rarely have to wear a jacket when I leave the house. How am I supposed to get into the holiday spirit in this stuff?

I am also super jealous that Girlbomb got to go to Disney World. I really enjoy Disney World & have gone there 4 times, but most people (including my husband) do not understand my love for WDW.

+Quote Post
freckleface2727
post Dec 12 2006, 03:03 PM
Post #4408

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Dec 12 2006, 04:54 PM) *

Freckle, I'd ship you some of my snow if I could. Now it's half-melted and it's gray muddy mush, though.

I hate snow, but I think I'd miss it if I no longer had it.

thankyou polly, and that's exactly how I feel about it too.
I grew up w/ oodles of it when Winter was WINTER, and now live where it feels perpetually springlike, except when it is smothering hot sad.gif .

I just want to be able to go outside w/ my girl and my dog and build snow people and spin around and catch snowflakes on our tounges- is that too much toask for?

I confess to using my good antique fostoria glasswear champagne glass to drink tap water in my upstairs bathroom. it makes me feel a little glamourous and I find myself drinking more water that way too.
(but, why does it also seem to taste better as well?)

--------------------

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Dec 12 2006, 02:28 PM
Post #4409

(o)(o)

I hate the name Curtis.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Dec 12 2006, 01:37 PM
Post #4410

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Freckle, I'd ship you some of my snow if I could. Now it's half-melted and it's gray muddy mush, though.

I hate snow, but I think I'd miss it if I no longer had it.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
girlbomb
post Dec 12 2006, 11:50 AM
Post #4411

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(doodlebug @ Dec 4 2006, 02:18 AM) *
confession: I get through mundane tasks by imagining that the CSI team and/or the Without a Trace team is/are investigating my last movements before I disappeared/died under mysterious circumstances.

I get through my morning exercise regimen by pretending it's part of an immunity challenge I have to win on Survivor. Or a particularly demanding leg of The Amazing Race.

(Congrats on your layoff, too.)

I used to have a fear of scaffolding. I still don't like it. There's always bits of wood and metal all crumbling off it, and guys walking around on a platform over my head squicks me out.

And I've heard that sympathetic nausea/vomiting is an evolutionary thing from our cave days -- if one person in a tribe vomited, the others would know that they probably should vomit, too, since they might have ingested the same contaminant that affected the first person. Sadly, I have no source for this nugget of pseudo-science.

+Quote Post
freckleface2727
post Dec 12 2006, 06:28 AM
Post #4412

Hardcore BUSTie

I confess that I really miss *s*n*o*w and am having a hard time feeling holiday-y when it is up in the high '60's.

--------------------

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Dec 11 2006, 02:08 PM
Post #4413

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

confession: I got my (expected) notice of layoff on Friday, and I haven't been able to stop singing ever since. Loudly, proudly, and joyously.

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
erinjane
post Dec 8 2006, 09:13 AM
Post #4414

Hardcore BUSTie

ratgirl, I have a friend who has that fear as well. tongue.gif

Confession: I have never used nail clippers on my finger nails. I just let them grow until they catch on something and break off. Most people find this disgusting, especially when my pinky nails become "cocaine nails".

--------------------
I Could Tell You Stories That Would Make Your Ears Curl

+Quote Post
anna k
post Dec 7 2006, 11:42 PM
Post #4415

Hardcore BUSTie

The eye scene in May is the last scene, and it is squicky. It's a fantastic movie though, and never got much notice, not even the revisionist "this was way cool and nobody saw it" that Slither and The Exorcism of Emily Rose has received. Hostel I thought was stupid and trying too hard to be shocking and gory, too much for the aintitcoolnews fanboys.

+Quote Post
ratgrl
post Dec 7 2006, 10:11 PM
Post #4416

Hardcore BUSTie

Flanker--it's nice to know I'm not alone in having this fear, as I don't personally know anyone else who has it! blink.gif Your similarly-afflicted friends may or may not be aware that there's an actual term for the condition: Emetophobia.

So, yeah...my name is ratgrl, and I'm a card-carrying emetophobic. (BTW, I've never discussed this particular aspect of my personality with my shrink, but I'm pretty sure that he'd agree that it's an apt diagnosis! ) huh.gif

--------------------
I never try anything...I just do it. Like I don't beat clocks...just people. Wanna try me?

+Quote Post
flanker_ji
post Dec 7 2006, 09:49 PM
Post #4417

Hardcore BUSTie

Ratgrl - I have a couple friends with that same fear, you are not alone smile.gif Seems so strange to me, as I'm relieved once I vomit.

--------------------
"Patience is a virtue, but I don't have the time..."

+Quote Post
ratgrl
post Dec 7 2006, 06:43 PM
Post #4418

Hardcore BUSTie

Doodlebug: Even if you're a fan of horror films, do NOT see either "Hostel" or "May!" Both have gruesome eye-related scenes; the one in "Hostel" is especially long and drawn-out, and disgusting beyond belief. I saw that movie only once--over 6 months ago--and just remembering that part of it still skeeves me out. Unlike you, I've never had any invasive medical procedure done on my eyes, nor have I experienced any kind of trauma to them, so I'm not sure where my squeamishness comes from. There's just something about eyes...I can't explain it. ohmy.gif

I have a weird phobia: vomit. Now, of course nobody likes it, but ever since I was a very small child, I've not been able to stand to even see someone else do that--not even cartoon or human characters on TV or in movies! When I was little and my parents or sister got sick, I would beg all of them, "Please don't tell me if [whoever] threw up; I don't want to know!" And so it was with anyone else I knew. If someone in my elementary school classroom puked, I quickly averted my eyes and even left the room if I could get away with it.

I hardly ever throw up, and when I do, it's only because I literally have no choice in the matter, like with food poisoning or something. Luckily, it's a pretty rare occurrence for me.

--------------------
I never try anything...I just do it. Like I don't beat clocks...just people. Wanna try me?

+Quote Post
anna k
post Dec 7 2006, 06:38 PM
Post #4419

Hardcore BUSTie

When I was depressed at 12, I would have dreams about wars and battle scenes, it felt like bombs were going off in my head. My therapist also told me when I was older that I thought about sex in scary, rape-like, violent terms, which I don't remember telling her.

I avoid walking on subway grates, I'm afraid of falling through them. I also hate crowded elevators and people crowding the escalators where there are empty staircases right next to them.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Dec 7 2006, 05:45 PM
Post #4420

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

I don't know if this belongs in this thread or not, but with everyone talking about fears and nightmares, I remembered it.

For my entire childhood, I had this bizarre recurring nightmare about my eyeball falling out or popping out of the socket and hanging there by various pinky-reddish-purpley stringy muscles or veins or whatever holds your eyeball in. In the dream could see the entire thing, the stringy bits, the back of the eyeball, the way it dangled, etc. Often in the nightmare, I wound up holding the eyeball in my hand.

I knew I had undergone eye surgery when I was 18 months old, but I was never told anything about it, beyond the fact that they cut a muscle somewhere near my good eye to force the bad eye to correct itself. I always assumed they did this via incision, though now that I think about it, I don't know why a child would assume anything about surgery, unless it was suggested or implied.

(I also had to wear an eyepatch on and off, and have daily eyedrops - which I resisted every morning - till I was about six or seven....yes, I was the kid who showed up for the first day of school in an eyepatch, and NOT the cool pirate kind.)

I never made any connection till I was 16, after relating the nightmare to my stepmother. My mom and dad both knew about the nightmares, but never said anything...in fact, I think they usually changed the subject. But after I disclosed this to my stepmother, she - against my father's wishes (and my own) - told me the details of my surgery: the surgeons pulled the eyeball out of the socket to cut the muscle, then repositioned the eyeball back in the socket.

I was angry at her for telling me, b/c it freaked me out, but weirdly, I never, ever had the nightmare again. If for nothing else, I am grateful to my stepmother for that. It was like ripping off a bandage really quickly, I guess.

But I am still totally freaked out by any discussion or picture of eye injury, eye surgery, or anything of the kind. I cannot even stomach THINKING about further corrective surgery, ergo I will always wear glasses or contacts. I don't know what I will do if I have something like cataracts when I'm old....probably kill myself...I mean, I would seriously consider it as an option. I am still so traumatized that I cannot even fathom having eye surgery.

Who knew that an 18-month old could remember something like that and be psychologically traumatized by it forever??? Apparently not any of the people who thought it was in my best interests to keep me ignorant. But I'm pretty sure that if I'd been able to normalize what happened when I was still a kid, I wouldn't be this way now.

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post

294 Pages V  « < 219 220 221 222 223 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 2, 2014 - 06:42 PM