The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 89 90 91 92 93 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
hellotampon
post Aug 14 2006, 04:57 PM
Post #1801

Hardcore BUSTie

Today I saw this lady with a huge wrinkled Nascar shirt, grey sweatpants rolled up, white sneakers, and her hair was in that half-up/half-down style only instead of one ponytail she had 2 right on top of her head. With blue scrunchies. And mall bangs.

She stood at the counter whining about how tired she was and how she was so busy all day. I was like, "Okaaay, then why don't you go home instead of scratching tickets for a half hour?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Aug 14 2006, 04:39 PM
Post #1802

Hardcore BUSTie

I am totally okay with being a big snob!

a note about crocs, at the shoe department in Nordstroms they were selling little I don't know how to describe them but these little ladybugs and letters and such to put through the holes in the crocs to "individualize" them with your name words etc. Still hideous to me!

+Quote Post
wombat
post Aug 14 2006, 04:12 PM
Post #1803

Dragon Velocity

I will offer you the REBUTTAL of peeps who wear white socks pulled up, white sneakers, both WITH SHORTS and esp. with shorts that are floppy and posessesed of multiple storage compartments:

1) It's COMFORTABLE!!
2) You're just a BIG SNOB!!

--------------------
Lion-hearted

+Quote Post
sukouyant
post Aug 14 2006, 04:00 PM
Post #1804

Hardcore BUSTie

who teaches men that white socks pulled all the way up look good with knee length shorts and golf shirts? i really am curious to know.

+Quote Post
ginger_kitty
post Aug 14 2006, 03:32 PM
Post #1805

Hardcore BUSTie

I saw the WORST!!!!! Comeover I have ever seen in my life!!!!! It was beautifully horrific!!! I wanted to snap a pic on my camera phone, but he passed to quickly....the comeover started at the back of his head and spiraled all the way around over the forehead and back to the other side! It was incredible!!

--------------------
-We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.

-What we think, we become.

+Quote Post
lucizoe
post Aug 14 2006, 01:08 PM
Post #1806

Mr. Flibble's very cross.

doodle! you were in the middle of tourist central! of course people are going to be dressed like that...did you go to the east 60s-70s-80s? around park and madison and the all-important Fifth Avenue? that's where the polished folk hang and live and exploit the working class. Very posh and stupid.

People make a different sort of effort in my neighborhood...everything is very - um - artfully disheveled. They spend a lot of time and money to look really really bad...

wink.gif

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Aug 14 2006, 12:55 PM
Post #1807

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

QUOTE(wombat @ Aug 14 2006, 12:03 PM) *
On the other hand -- we went to Paris and instead of seeing legendary individual style, quality and proportion, we saw just about everyone dressed in jeans and "american college" sweatshirts, with their blonded and straightened hair up in a bun with a few pieces hanging out -- herds and herds of them trying to look like they were in small-town america.

I felt that way when I went to NYC. We hardly left Manhattan (our hostel was 1/2 block off Times Square), so I can't say it's just the 'burbs....I had been expecting this fantastic super-polished black and white New York City style, and everywhere, people were in baggy sweats and scruffy hair and women with no makeup....

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
wombat
post Aug 14 2006, 12:46 PM
Post #1808

Dragon Velocity

I get ya, sybarite. There certainly are enough of um ....."us" .... who look like that. It got a little embarrassing to be traveling with a school group with their giant shiny backpacks, stupid Nike logos all over their bodies, and loud, pushy, rude, know-nothing attitude.

On the other hand - my friend and I went to europe by ourselves and didn't dress like that -- and don't generally speaking.

On the other hand -- we went to Paris and instead of seeing legendary individual style, quality and proportion, we saw just about everyone dressed in jeans and "american college" sweatshirts, with their blonded and straightened hair up in a bun with a few pieces hanging out -- herds and herds of them trying to look like they were in small-town america.

On the other hand -- American men were wearing big beige trenchcoats to try to show they were upper-class businessmen -- when we went to London we saw men in navy trenchcoats that were fitted, with little cravats. Much better looking.

(I have four hands!)

--------------------
Lion-hearted

+Quote Post
punkerplus
post Aug 14 2006, 05:42 AM
Post #1809

Hardcore BUSTie

Crocs.

I understand they are very comfortable and they look amazing for activities such as gardening or washing the car and for kids seem a great idea too. I saw a really cute pair of boys wearing red ones.

But I still think they are ugly as sin

Apologies to busties who own them.

To redeem myself for my crocs hating ways - The Scarlett Vs. GFY Link

+Quote Post
pepper
post Aug 13 2006, 11:43 AM
Post #1810

where the hell is the picture already?!? i just suffered through three months of fug archives searching, ugh, my EyeBallz!!! dang, that was painful.

here's one for ya

fashion statement, sweeping the nation....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/ripesugarplum/ugh.jpg

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Aug 13 2006, 10:48 AM
Post #1811

Hardcore BUSTie

Ew! That outfit is ugly. Enough said.

+Quote Post
thingsarenice
post Aug 13 2006, 09:36 AM
Post #1812

BUSTie

I personally liked the outfit pictured in Bust, with the exception of the white bra showing through the black tank top. The heels are cute and I love high waisted pants. I'd say fashion.

+Quote Post
gogosgirl
post Aug 12 2006, 03:23 PM
Post #1813

Hardcore BUSTie

only because I don't know where else to post this --

the feature article in bust this issue has a photo of scarlett johanson wearing imitation of christ at a fashion show. the same shot (but from the front) was used on gofugyourself.com to call out ms. jo...now, who am I supposed to back here? the fab bitches at gofug, or the brilliant minds of bust? fashion or fugly? help

+Quote Post
Owl_Gang_Girl
post Aug 12 2006, 12:32 PM
Post #1814

BUSTie

OHHH MY EYES!
Sludy military green coloured dress made of clingy t-shirt material with pointed, frayed "atomic blast chic" hem, black footless tights and extremo pointed toe silleto ankle boots. Simply vile!

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Aug 12 2006, 09:41 AM
Post #1815

it's cards on the table time

There is a perception in Europe that all Americans look the same: same shiny straightened teeth, same mom jeans and white trainers, based on tourists they see.

I saw orange crocs at a German airport yesterday. Seems the trend is spreading...

+Quote Post
mornington
post Aug 12 2006, 09:28 AM
Post #1816

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

*puts collar of polo shirt down*

I think they're making the sleeves shorter and tighter... I'm seeing waaaay to much of that for it to be entirely by design.

cof: clothing from paul's boutique. all of it. you do not need "paul's boutique" plastered across the arse of your stupid denim pre-frayed-edge miniskirt. in neon pink. no. especially not with those leopard-print leggings. you just look daft and confused as to which particular scene you wish to be dressing for.

cof II: to all the minigoths and minimoshers. stop it. now. get a fucking haircut, you look like the robert smith joined panic at the fucking disco, you moron. And it's bad. Stupid bloody teenagers. You are not being individuals, you are doing what everybody else does.

*exits thread, having vented spleen*

+Quote Post
pepper
post Aug 11 2006, 07:46 PM
Post #1817

UGH! just icky that. the mom shorts and the too small polo collar turned up. yak!

+Quote Post
ginger_kitty
post Aug 11 2006, 03:36 PM
Post #1818

Hardcore BUSTie

Has anybody noticed a trend w/ guys wearing shirts one or two sizes to small to make thier chests and arms look bigger? I am officially declaring that a COF. Especially is the shirt is a polo w/ the color flipped up.

--------------------
-We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.

-What we think, we become.

+Quote Post
wombat
post Aug 11 2006, 11:04 AM
Post #1819

Dragon Velocity

Oof! On train last night, too many to count, but:

Two women, bleach fried hair, sun fried skin, mom shorts -- think, the world's most unflattering length, thin fabric in bad colors and tons of pockets -- extemely cheap, utilitarian jewelry, crappy t-shirts in matching screaming salmon with some kind of pointless extra seams, and, on their feet, both were wearing white ankle socks with white sneakers.

Yack!

--------------------
Lion-hearted

+Quote Post
wombat
post Aug 10 2006, 07:49 AM
Post #1820

Dragon Velocity

Thanks you guys, I was getting something off my chest, not trying to be a jerk.

All europeans don't have bad teeth or try to imitate americans, however, the particular ones that shopped at Diesel ten or so years ago would have fit in that description. but I'm not trying to be all "arrogant american"

I just think it's interesting and a little irritating that Americans will pay more for something "from EUROPE!" whether or NOT it's actually better, and it seems that goes in reverse too!!

Plus, it's okay to say, well, I buy this or that expensive thing, but, some folks seem to really thing that the more money you spend the more hip you are, when hipness has a long history of "don't give them your money, don't' follow their rules, don't kill yourself to be okay with them, do it your DAMN self!"

I wouldn't call myself a punk these days, and it's kind of annoying to see the "Look what Daddy bought me, aren't I so outrageous" type that seems so prevalent. If you're going to copy something from 25 years ago, could you at least get it right and understand the concept? And copying someone else is not creative or brave.
/end rant.

I mean, seriously, the same thing happened with glam rock -- there were left over lace vintage clothes for really cheap at second-hand stores and church sales, same with like, leopard skin stuff, and you might pay serious money for spandex pants (when they first came out, they were actually kind of attractive) or for platform boots, but , beyonod that, it was all about being TACKY and wearing bright red lipstick that hadn't been seen since your momma's day and gobbing on makeup and jewelry from woolworth's just to try to be FUN instead of all hippie dippie drab and sloppy and serious. And then Velvet Goldmine comes out and this little dude who didn't even discover any of it until the early 80s, and then at BROWN UNIVERSITY, implies that everybody just wanted to be rich and dressed up in Louis XIV outfits. It's like ()###U%Y(&*(&(@^$!!

It was still a fun movie, but GAWD.

/end rant for real.

Back to regular scheduled snarking....

--------------------
Lion-hearted

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 89 90 91 92 93 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 26, 2014 - 09:35 AM