Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 128 129 130 131 132 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
neverending
post Nov 19 2007, 06:22 PM
Post #2581

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey all! I am doing well and having no problems whatsoever. The Nuvaring (birth control) is the best. I can actually enjoy sex and I also wear thongs now too. So, I am happy with everything (down there) right now. I haven't done anymore research on this but you all know me, I'm still pushing for you all to try the estroil.

HEY JEWELS!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Nov 19 2007, 04:31 PM
Post #2582

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Lindsey @ Nov 15 2007, 11:14 PM) *
I am on the metronidizole cream right now. Did you deliever early and was the birth weight low if you did? Thanks!

I don't know if the metronidizole cream would have helped me or not - because I never got the chance to use it, I miscarried.

QUOTE(bvg @ Nov 16 2007, 09:23 AM) *
okay, i was thinking about what someone said that possibly each person is missing different strains of probiotics. so right now i am taking the rheuteri at night and the bifidus in the morning. i was going to start inserting and i don't know which one to do. can i do both? in the morning and night with the same one i am taking orally. what do you guys think. also i will be doing this while i am on my period so the day factor does not bother me as i'll be on a pad anyway.

thanks!

My opinion is that you would do the reteuri at different times you would do the bifidus. And same with it being inserted.. I would do one at night for a few days and give it a chance to work, and then see how you feel. Then you could try the other. I only inserted them at night though, because they fall out during the day. And I inserted the capsule during my period too. Because why not, menses makes your vagina less acidic, and this is when a lot of us get flare-ups. So I insert a bit of boric acid at the same time.

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Nov 17 2007, 05:39 PM) *
Had the choking feeling up until last night. It seems to be subsiding today. I went off everything, inlcuding the Primadophilus. Because I'm not sure if it was from upping that, or the B6.

SMELL IS BACK WITH A VENGEANCE

I was reading about B6 over-dose, and it says that you can get 'glossitis' which is inflammation or swelling of the tongue. That would explain the choking feeling. I hope you feel better! Kind of scary.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Nov 17 2007, 04:22 PM
Post #2583

Hardcore BUSTie

Had the choking feeling up until last night. It seems to be subsiding today. I went off everything, inlcuding the Primadophilus. Because I'm not sure if it was from upping that, or the B6.

SMELL IS BACK WITH A VENGEANCE

+Quote Post
jularee
post Nov 17 2007, 12:18 PM
Post #2584

BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Nov 16 2007, 02:44 AM) *
Ok, so I took your advice and now take 2 of the Primadophilus Bifidus that contains 5 Billion CFC in the morning and 2 at night. And also starting inserting 1 vaginally. Smell is still there, but vary faint. I also still take 2 Folic Acid, and Upt the dose of B6 to 200 mg. I think that was a big mistake. I might be having an alergic reaction to the B6. I have a "Choking feeling" or, a "Strangling" Feeling. So, I won't be taking the B6 tonight. Going to see if it's gone tomorrow. Went to a website about B6 and it says, you should not take more then 100 mg of B6 unless under the supervision of a doctor. So.....yeah...I won't do that again! hahaha.

Anyways, smell is still there. Flagyl should arrive at the end of this month. My troubles will be over once that get's here. But, it's the waiting til then that's DRVING ME CRAZY!!

I hope the increased probiotics work for you! Just wanted to let you know that I read somewhere that daily doses of B6 more than 100mg can cause serious nerve damage. The upper limit "safe dose" is no more than 100mg daily. Are you still having the choking feeling? Please let us know how everything is going.

+Quote Post
gonnaloseit
post Nov 16 2007, 04:49 PM
Post #2585

I just looked and my flagyl is estimated to arrive on 12/8. I had to wait 2 months from order time, yikes!! I ordered on 10/7. I was thinking it might be a joke too sad.gif for future reference, do you know what site your flagyl was ordered from since yours only took 3 weeks to come??

QUOTE(NotCatEyed @ Nov 8 2007, 01:39 AM) *
It took 3 weeks for my flagyl order to arrive. The site I used didn't even say the order was pending, so I had almost given up when it finally arrived. When it arrived the package was so small, I thought it was a joke, but it definitely was real flagyl, they just didn't waste any money on fancy packaging.
To Cancan and others, I will definitely let you know how the tumeric goes. I just got my period, so if I get BV symptoms after I stop bleeding I am going to try the tumeric. I also have found this website with recomendations about chinese herbs. Granted I'm in china, so I can maybe get these herbs easier, but I'm sure you could find a chinese herbalist in your local china town too. So here's the url:
http://www.tcmpage.com/hpinfectrepro.html

+Quote Post
bvg
post Nov 16 2007, 08:06 AM
Post #2586

BUSTie

okay, i was thinking about what someone said that possibly each person is missing different strains of probiotics. so right now i am taking the rheuteri at night and the bifidus in the morning. i was going to start inserting and i don't know which one to do. can i do both? in the morning and night with the same one i am taking orally. what do you guys think. also i will be doing this while i am on my period so the day factor does not bother me as i'll be on a pad anyway.

thanks!

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Nov 16 2007, 12:27 AM
Post #2587

Hardcore BUSTie

Ok, so I took your advice and now take 2 of the Primadophilus Bifidus that contains 5 Billion CFC in the morning and 2 at night. And also starting inserting 1 vaginally. Smell is still there, but vary faint. I also still take 2 Folic Acid, and Upt the dose of B6 to 200 mg. I think that was a big mistake. I might be having an alergic reaction to the B6. I have a "Choking feeling" or, a "Strangling" Feeling. So, I won't be taking the B6 tonight. Going to see if it's gone tomorrow. Went to a website about B6 and it says, you should not take more then 100 mg of B6 unless under the supervision of a doctor. So.....yeah...I won't do that again! hahaha.

Anyways, smell is still there. Flagyl should arrive at the end of this month. My troubles will be over once that get's here. But, it's the waiting til then that's DRVING ME CRAZY!!

+Quote Post
Lindsey
post Nov 15 2007, 09:57 PM
Post #2588

BUSTie

QUOTE(CanCan @ Nov 15 2007, 02:39 PM) *
You can get pregnant while having BV, but ya, it causes low birth weight and premature delievery. And if you get pregnant, your OBGYN will give you metronidizole cream or something. That's what I was prescribed.

I am on the metronidizole cream right now. Did you deliever early and was the birth weight low if you did? Thanks!

--------------------
Leafy!

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Nov 15 2007, 03:22 PM
Post #2589

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Lindsey @ Nov 15 2007, 12:12 AM) *
I am writing down all of these things. I have read that BV will always come back within 3 months of treating it? I hope that the your formula works for you. Keep me posted on it. With the metrogel I have a different discharge now that I have started it then i did before. It is very weird... somewhat like clumped up toliet paper... but really little peices, and I feel like I am drenched. But I really am not as wet as I feel. I have also read that BV causes low birth weight and premature delievery. We have been trying to become pregnant. Do you know anything about that? Thanks!

You can get pregnant while having BV, but ya, it causes low birth weight and premature delievery. And if you get pregnant, your OBGYN will give you metronidizole cream or something. That's what I was prescribed.

+Quote Post
Lindsey
post Nov 15 2007, 01:57 PM
Post #2590

BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Nov 15 2007, 07:35 AM) *
If left untreated during the pregnancy, BV can indeed cause low birth weight babies and premature delivery. I delivered my son at 35 wks and he only weighed 4lbs 12oz. The docs had no idea what caused me to deliver so early. They figured it was because my uterus had reached it limits and couldn't stretch anymore to accomodate the baby. At first I accepted this answer, but later began to research the cause of low birth weight. I had no idea I had BV at the time because I had no symptoms...no odor, discharge was normal. It was weird. I figured the ob-gyn would have detected it during the routine exams and treat me for it but no one ever mentioned anything to me and I was never treated during my pregnancy. So based on my own research, I concluded that it was probably due to BV. I had a C section so I had to stay in the hospital for a few days after delivery. My son left the hospital with me with no complications, other than being tiny! 4 years later, my son is a healthy, bouncy little boy. No health issues whatsoever. smile.gif
So if you're trying to become pregnant, be sure to have your BV completely under control. If you get it while you're pregnant, make sure to have it treated promptly.

Wow. I am glad to hear that everything went well considering the BV. I will ask to be checked for bv through out the pregnancy. Thank you!

--------------------
Leafy!

+Quote Post
jularee
post Nov 15 2007, 08:18 AM
Post #2591

BUSTie

QUOTE(Lindsey @ Nov 15 2007, 01:12 AM) *
I am writing down all of these things. I have read that BV will always come back within 3 months of treating it? I hope that the your formula works for you. Keep me posted on it. With the metrogel I have a different discharge now that I have started it then i did before. It is very weird... somewhat like clumped up toliet paper... but really little peices, and I feel like I am drenched. But I really am not as wet as I feel. I have also read that BV causes low birth weight and premature delievery. We have been trying to become pregnant. Do you know anything about that? Thanks!

If left untreated during the pregnancy, BV can indeed cause low birth weight babies and premature delivery. I delivered my son at 35 wks and he only weighed 4lbs 12oz. The docs had no idea what caused me to deliver so early. They figured it was because my uterus had reached it limits and couldn't stretch anymore to accomodate the baby. At first I accepted this answer, but later began to research the cause of low birth weight. I had no idea I had BV at the time because I had no symptoms...no odor, discharge was normal. It was weird. I figured the ob-gyn would have detected it during the routine exams and treat me for it but no one ever mentioned anything to me and I was never treated during my pregnancy. So based on my own research, I concluded that it was probably due to BV. I had a C section so I had to stay in the hospital for a few days after delivery. My son left the hospital with me with no complications, other than being tiny! 4 years later, my son is a healthy, bouncy little boy. No health issues whatsoever. smile.gif
So if you're trying to become pregnant, be sure to have your BV completely under control. If you get it while you're pregnant, make sure to have it treated promptly.

+Quote Post
Lindsey
post Nov 14 2007, 10:55 PM
Post #2592

BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Nov 14 2007, 08:20 PM) *
I started with femanol. Took that for a month but had to discontinue it due to cost, however it worked pretty well. Now I've been taking Primadophilus Reuteri (2 caps in the morning on an empty stomach and 2 before bed), B Vitamin Complex, Folic Acid, and Garlique. It's only been a few days but I have no odor, discharge or anything. Hopefully the Metrogel will work for you. I used it a couple of months ago and 2 wks after I finished treatment my BV came back. With the Metrogel, I also had a huge amount of discharge that kinda looked like clumped toilet paper or something. Good luck with your treatment!

--------------------
Leafy!

+Quote Post
jularee
post Nov 14 2007, 09:03 PM
Post #2593

BUSTie

QUOTE(Lindsey @ Nov 14 2007, 09:54 PM) *
Luck girl with your periods. What regimen are you currently trying right now. This is my first time with BV. I am on metrogel. It seems to be helping. I will be on my 3rd night of treament tonight. I haven't had any smell... Just massive amounts of discharge. It has been so much that I have to change my pantie liner five or six times a day. It has been driving me nutty!

I started with femanol. Took that for a month but had to discontinue it due to cost, however it worked pretty well. Now I've been taking Primadophilus Reuteri (2 caps in the morning on an empty stomach and 2 before bed), B Vitamin Complex, Folic Acid, and Garlique. It's only been a few days but I have no odor, discharge or anything. Hopefully the Metrogel will work for you. I used it a couple of months ago and 2 wks after I finished treatment my BV came back. With the Metrogel, I also had a huge amount of discharge that kinda looked like clumped toilet paper or something. Good luck with your treatment!

+Quote Post
Lindsey
post Nov 14 2007, 07:37 PM
Post #2594

BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Nov 14 2007, 10:41 AM) *
Yikes! Sorry to hear that. I've had my IUD for about 6 months now and I've only had one super light and short period since having it inserted. I thought the IUD might be triggering my BV reoccurences so I was considering having it removed. Hopefully if my current regimen continues to work, I won't have to remove it.

Luck girl with your periods. What regimen are you currently trying right now. This is my first time with BV. I am on metrogel. It seems to be helping. I will be on my 3rd night of treament tonight. I haven't had any smell... Just massive amounts of discharge. It has been so much that I have to change my pantie liner five or six times a day. It has been driving me nutty!

--------------------
Leafy!

+Quote Post
autumnbreeze
post Nov 14 2007, 04:17 PM
Post #2595

BUSTie

QUOTE(bvg @ Nov 14 2007, 09:23 AM) *
if i insert primo. vaginally while i am on my period will it be senseless? also, has anyone done the povidone iodine douches?

thanks

I am currently using the p-i douche. This is my first time trying it. Umm, it's hard to say if it's working by itself. I used 2 of these douches this week, on Monday & Wednesday. The discharge & funk has decreased significantly but I also started taking those Oregano Oil Capsules on Monday so it could be the combination.
I brought some FemDophilus also but I'm wondering when I should start taking them?? I don't want the Oregano Oil & the medicated douche to kill off the probiotics (they cost too much $$ to waste them). Any suggestions anyone? Just to add..I don't plan on doing the povidone douche extensively. Only once more this week and that's it.

+Quote Post
jularee
post Nov 14 2007, 11:24 AM
Post #2596

BUSTie

QUOTE(Lindsey @ Nov 14 2007, 02:45 AM) *
I know everyones bodies are different, but i tried the nuvaring and I bleed for 5 weeks straight. I took the ring out and spotted for a week and then started bleeding again for a week and a half. I hated it. It was horrible. I felt bloated all the time, had awful headaches, and cramping... I bleed really heavly as well.

Yikes! Sorry to hear that. I've had my IUD for about 6 months now and I've only had one super light and short period since having it inserted. I thought the IUD might be triggering my BV reoccurences so I was considering having it removed. Hopefully if my current regimen continues to work, I won't have to remove it.

+Quote Post
jularee
post Nov 14 2007, 11:20 AM
Post #2597

BUSTie

QUOTE(bvg @ Nov 14 2007, 10:23 AM) *
if i insert primo. vaginally while i am on my period will it be senseless? also, has anyone done the povidone iodine douches?

thanks

I tried the iodine/peroxide douches. It was a very temporary fix. I had to do it every night and even then the symptoms returned by the next evening. As for the vaginal primo, I would definitely insert them. The probiotic bacteria will help balance out everything while you're on your period. Since blood has a higher pH than the vagina is normally, the probiotics will kinda help to keep the bad bacteria away.

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Nov 14 2007, 09:41 AM
Post #2598

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(autumnbreeze @ Nov 13 2007, 07:32 PM) *
Remember a while back many of us were inserting the probiotics vaginally and taking them orally together. Maybe that will help until you get your flagyl. Keep us posted.

This is what I am doing. I am putting some Nature's Way Primadophilus Reuteri up there at night every night. But not using the little enterically coated capsule that it comes in; breaking that open, and putting the contents into a regular plant gelatin capsule. But only putting in 1/4 of the contents. And I am also taking one pill of the reuteri every night with a glass of water, at least an hour after eating food. So far it seems to be working. I've been doing this for a month.

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Nov 14 2007, 09:32 AM
Post #2599

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Nov 12 2007, 10:22 PM) *
Well all....it seemed like everything was going so well, and BAMMMMM.... here it is again. I didn't even do anything. No sex at all this weeked. And woke up this morning, went to the bathroom, and had air bubbles coming out. That's the first sign for me that it's back. And the smell, is horrid. I don't know why I never just get small cases of B.V. anymore. When I get it now, it's FULL BLOWN.

I'm so frustrated.

I don't get it, I really don't.

Hi, you are taking the Primadophilus Bifidus right? Have you tried the Fem-dophilus yet? Or have you taken the Primadophilus Reuteri? Sorry I am asking - I just can't remember what each one of us is taking. I noticed that the Primadophilus Reuteri, and the Femdophilus are the two for me that seem to be helping. So maybe you could try one of those ones. The bacteria in each of these bottles is different.

+Quote Post
bvg
post Nov 14 2007, 08:06 AM
Post #2600

BUSTie

thanks

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 128 129 130 131 132 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 23, 2014 - 10:48 AM