The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 257 258 259 260 261 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
shorty
post Jun 18 2006, 12:42 PM
Post #5161

hi ladies, could you re-post boric acid instructions amd where to get it from, still no bv, but since using that jamu stick something aint right down there, watery discharge and no odour yet but im so paranoid now takin acidophilus just in case, just want boric acid instruction as a quick fix, much appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jun 18 2006, 12:32 PM
Post #5162

Hardcore BUSTie

Pepper, I understand. I was just joking with that statement. However, I'm really not worried about it!! Thank you though!!

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jun 18 2006, 11:52 AM
Post #5163

the zapper is for parasites, no? never heard of using it for bv but it can't hurt to try it out. it's relatively easy to make one yourself and then, if it works, you'll have it on hand all the time. do an online search for building instructions. and good luck! imagine if you could end this all with some copper pipe and a couple of double a batteries.

jewels, it wasn't about us not being able to "handle" it, more that this site is suddenly full of really awful tr*lls. best to watch yer back 'round here these days. it's the same reason that it's recommended to hide your email address and your full real name in your profile (yours is visible) to keep anyone from googling it and finding out all about the private things you've written here. having an ex or a vicious co-worker privy to your emotional and health issues is really awful.
:o)

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jun 18 2006, 07:24 AM
Post #5164

Hardcore BUSTie

So the boric acid is working amazingly for me! You guys definately should try it...it's easy and cheap! I've been doing it for like 7 days and the odor has been gone since day 2 or 3. I haven't had sex yet and I'm worried that when I do, BV will return. BUT...this is such an easy way to get rid of it again that I feel really positive I will be able to control this now. :-) :-) :-)

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jun 17 2006, 11:09 AM
Post #5165

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, had sex last night and the smell was so bad, my boyfriend starting choking. NO SHIT. He claims he got something caught in his throat, but, I'm not stupid. It was bad. So, since the fricken meds I ordered online never showed, I guess I'll make an appointment with the doctor and pay the damn price. I need to get back on meds, then try to find a way to maintain. My boyfriend agreed to start using Condoms after I get off the meds, just to see if that helps. I'm also going to try the boric acid. Oh, and the BATTERY ACID SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!! THINK IT WILL WORK?? ;)

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jun 17 2006, 10:56 AM
Post #5166

Hardcore BUSTie

quietmadness:I know how you feel!I am so feed up with this that I went to the herbal store to talk to herbalist.He asked me if I ever heard of zapping?I said yeah but I did'nt know TOO much about it.So now I guess I'm going to go to him so he can help me with this crap.Has anybody else heard of the Zapper?I know you guys think I'm crazy for trying everything but i'm feed up with this.Next i'm trying battery acid!(just joking)

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Jun 17 2006, 09:44 AM
Post #5167

Hardcore BUSTie

I broke down.

I just took out my spare script of Metrogel and started using that two nights ago. The odor has disappeared, along with the extra discharge.

It's just AMAZING to me that a few days worth of the "right" antibiotic makes such a HUGE difference! Freakin' shit.

So, now that I know about the boric acid capsules, I guess I'll try that for maintenance.

WORDS OF WISDOM TO ALL MY BV-BUSTIES: After spending a good amount of $$ on both Jamu Stick AND Enzara---they are worthless. Don't even waste your money OR time on those two things!

I plan on completing the Metrogel treatment, and using the boric acid gel caps for maintenance.

Thanks, Y'all for your support and kindness!

--Quietmadness--

+Quote Post
mela
post Jun 16 2006, 10:14 AM
Post #5168

BUSTie

Hi Bincha2

I also had a colposcopy and was diagnosed with cervical dyplasia/ HPV. I asked my doctor if this is why I was having reoccurent bv and she said "no". However I was a vigin when I met my bf 2 years ago and I never had any odor issues before we started having unportected sex / I started using seasonale.

I was treated numerous times (with flayl, metrogel)/ tried to heal myself by using a whole bunch of methods. So far I'm on month 2 without BV (after battling with it for a year) and the only thing that helped was a 2 day high dose of flagyl (2000 ml)along with the same dosage that was given to my bf. We didnt have much sex within the first month we were treated I was expecting it to come back and was scared. However now sex is more frequent so far everything is alright but again it might not work for everyone. I am extremely paranoid that it will return and I ask my bf to smell me because I dont now what is a normal smell. When I had BV sometimes the smell was really nasty like sea water other times it was mild but my bf was able to tell the difference of how I smelled when we first started sleeping together to when I began having BV.

Good Luck.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jun 16 2006, 07:53 AM
Post #5169

Hardcore BUSTie

Dolores: I've been using two boric acid inserts each night. I know you said to use one in the morning and one at night but I find it more convenient to use them at the same time. The symptoms are gone but I am continuing using them until next week just to be sure. I'm thinking of buying the Primal Defense as well or maybe the vaginal acidophilus because that is supposed to put good bacteria back in the vagina.

+Quote Post
dolores
post Jun 15 2006, 11:52 PM
Post #5170

BUSTie

sassy:

I am sending you lots of good vibes in hopes that the boric acid works for you. If the smell comes back, try another round of it twice instead of once per day for 7 days, or once a day for 14 days, which is what I originally had to do to completely wipe out all symptoms.

I too got the clear odorless discharge while on boric acid. it is normal and will clear up when you finish your treatment.

so far I am still doing pretty good in my post-period phase despite a minor scare. last saturday I had sex as soon as my cycle finished. yay me. But unfortunately in the middle of it, the condom broke!! Needless to say, I was really pissed because I've been working so hard and expending so much energy to keep my kitty pristine. Luckily the guy did not ejaculate inside, but I was still worried about pre-cum seeping in and started to get really paranoid that my BV was going to come back from the skin to skin "contamination." What a mood-killer that was!

To combat this, as soon as I got home I immediately inserted a boric acid caplet, and waited to see what smell there was. At first there was none, but then after one more day went by, I could swear I smelled just the very faintest tinge of amine (not even fishy really, more like the pre-fish smell, if you know what I mean) so I went back on the boric acid for one more night and now its been another 48 hours and things seem ok so far. i guess this is an example of how you can use boric acid as 'maintenance' (minus the freaking out part). Especially handy for accidents like condoms breaking or leaking.

which reminds me now that I am done with the boric acid its time to get back on the Primal Defense for a spell to balance everything out. I meant to mention that it's probably better to abstain from taking PD while using the boric acid, because the boric acid will kill all bacteria, bad or good. I think it's better to wait til you are done and can start the good bacteria "repopulation" process in a neutral environment. i could be wrong on that... maybe Doctor Christian will have an opinion?

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jun 15 2006, 07:24 PM
Post #5171

Hardcore BUSTie

To Everyone, I know I used my last name, but to be honest, I don't care. You're all my sisters in pain, and if you can't handle knowing my last name, then, oh well!! ;) Besides, I can guarantee that my name is probably the most common on this board!!

+Quote Post
bincha2
post Jun 15 2006, 06:09 PM
Post #5172

BUSTie

well i'm back on metro gel....and i recently has an abnormal pap smear wich lead to a colposcopy and a very painful biopsy....i'm getting ym results at the end of the week but is has to do w/ my constant bv.....

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jun 15 2006, 04:30 PM
Post #5173

Hardcore BUSTie

precious83:Thanks! :-)
jewelscando:Girl you are on it.Keep up the good work!

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jun 15 2006, 01:52 PM
Post #5174

Hardcore BUSTie

Yay! That's so exciting! I can't wait to hear from him after he looks over our extensive pages.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jun 15 2006, 01:48 PM
Post #5175

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey Everyone!! The Doctor emailed me. Here's his email along with my response!! We might be on to something here!! (PLEASE GOD!!!!)

Ms. Lopez:
Thank you very much for your email. I will definitely try to visit
your
link within the week. And you might inform your group that I do care
and I
am in the process of updating my web site with new treatment
information
every few days. I guess that I am an optimist because I feel very
confidantly that a breakthrough in our understanding and towards a more
lasting cure is just around the corner. I am also hoping to soon start
selling pH dipsticks (small quantities-- reasonably priced) from my web
site
so that women can have a scientific way on monitoring the vaginosis
fluctuations in their bodies. I am also thinking of beginning my own
Internet blog sheet on BV.
By the way, have anyone in your group circulated a way of
administering 3%
hydrogen peroxide rinses or douches in not too excessive a quantity.
I've
heard of women soaking tampons. Have you? Is there a certain brand
that
for some reason is better, more adbsorbent-- whatever? I would
definitely
appreciate it if you could get back to me with anything that you can
find
out.

Dr. Christian

My Response:

Dr. Christian,

THANK YOU so much for responding!! I have read a few of the girls on the board have tried the Hydrogyn Peroxide treatments, more so in Douches then on a Tampon. Just a quick heads up, we have all tried almost everything under the sun. A few examples are, Primal Defense, Tea Tree Oil, All prescription medications including Tindazole, Boric Acid, Achidiphilus pills (orally and vaginally), Apple Cidar Vinegar, Tetrasil, garlic vaginally, Vitamin C vaginally, and probably more then I can think of right now.

The girls on the board are very excited to talk with you, and you may receive more emails from others too.

We vary from all ages, young to older, and at least one of the girls was a virgin when she came down with B.V. Me personally, mine came on approx. 6 months after a Hysterectomy. I still have my ovaries, but nothing else. B.V. seems to go away after Prescription meds, but returns within a few weeks, or after having sex a few times. Condoms have been used but B.V. still seems to return. Using Tea Tree Oil mouthwash befor oral has also been tried, and cutting back on sugars and things as well.

We all are at our witts ends, and are excited to find a Doctor who "Cares".

Thank you again for your timely response!! I look forward to hearing what you discover!!

Thank you,

Julie
Arizona

+Quote Post
precious83
post Jun 15 2006, 12:12 PM
Post #5176

BUSTie

Hey neverending: Use vinegar in your rinsing cycle. It will get the scent out.

+Quote Post
precious83
post Jun 15 2006, 12:12 PM
Post #5177

BUSTie

Hey neverending: Use vinegar in your rinsing cycle. It will get the scent out.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jun 15 2006, 09:40 AM
Post #5178

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey everyone!I just wanted to give everyone an update on me.Well,I got my acidophilus suppositories and I used them for one week.After that week I got a lot of blood down below.Where that came from I do not know.I started taking acidophilus orally and it seems to be helping a little bit.I am so sick of this I don't know what to do.I haven't had BV for a while but i'm having problems with yeast.Eventhough I have'nt had the bv for a while now I still smell it in my clothes.I know it sounds weird but i'm telling the truth.I have to wash my undies and pants many times in order to get the smell out.Has anybody else noticed that the scent lingers in your clothes?

P.S. I emailed that guy this forum

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jun 14 2006, 06:55 PM
Post #5179

Hardcore BUSTie

Sassy, HOW AWESOME!! I'm very happy for you!! Happy Anniversary!! Hey, EVERYONE should email this guy, his email is email@drchristian.com.
Great idea Sassy!!

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jun 14 2006, 05:26 PM
Post #5180

Hardcore BUSTie

jewels: I saw that site before but I've never e-mailed him. Maybe someone should e-mail him this forum's link and tell him that all these women are suffering and all of us have already tried prescribed methods. I know it's a long shot, but maybe if doctors began to see what a big problem this is, they would take it more seriously!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 257 258 259 260 261 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 20, 2014 - 03:46 AM