271 Pages V  « < 52 53 54 55 56 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
lori
post Nov 30 2008, 05:14 PM
Post #1061

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ Nov 30 2008, 11:37 AM) *
I never said boric acid couldn't be dangerous.

Yes, you did. Quoting you:

QUOTE(sassy @ Nov 26 2008, 02:42 AM) *
SweatyinSocialStudies: That list of symptoms is primarily if you ingest boric acid or use it as a topical. Boric acid is safe for vaginal use and it is in many over-the-counter natural yeast products, such as Yeast Away (or something like that...some ladies were using it before. They're basically a pre-packaged boric acid capsule with some extra herbs added.)

Also, want to point out:

Quite a few doctors of the ladies on here have even prescribed boric acid as a treatment to help control chronic BV. That said, if anyone has adverse reactions to any drug/substance, you should stop using it immediately and go to the doctor.

Doctors have prescribed boric acid to patients who have concurrent non-albicans yeast as well as BV. I don't recall anyone who said a doctor prescribed boric acid just to treat BV.

Please don't make shit up to support your point.

That being said, there is a right way and a wrong way to contradict someone's opinion and you do it the wrong way.

Consider how in denial you are about the fact that boric acid is dangerous. Sweaty posted info. that it was dangerous - and you contradicted her, and you were wrong. (You said vaginal use is not topical use, and therefore safe. This is totally incorrect.)

Subsequently, all I did was point out that "Vaginal use IS topical use." And then I cited a source. I didn't say anything else.

How the fuck is this the "wrong way?"

You do not need to be rude and belittle other busties just because they have a different idea of how they want to treat their BV.

First of all, that is not why I'm being rude and belittling to Sweaty. I have no problem with the info. she shared. All I did was say one single sentence to her: "That WAS my point." And then she lost her fucking mind. So I needed to tell her to shut the fuck up because I don't have time for her bullshit.

Seriously, people! I said TWO SENTENCES!
1. "Vaginal use IS topical use."
2. "That WAS my point."

That's IT! How does that make me "hateful" and "negative?"

I just said that you're wrong. I said it in one neat sentence.

How petty are you?

Anyways ... I said this before, and it's always true. People have their own ideas about the right cure (e.g., you - boric acid, Jewels - TTO, neverending - mail-order hormones, etc.) But whenever someone contradicts them, they get very upset and get into some weird denial about it. And they always put up a fight.

Look how you reacted to Sweaty's information. Her research is solid and important. But you actually have to step in and say "boric acid is safe for vaginal use" when it's obviously not. That's just plain wrong.

Basically, you don't want to be wrong about what you've been saying for years. I understand that no one likes being wrong, but think about the consequences of your actions.

Everyone has their own body and can decide for themselves what they want to put into it.

That is true. I'm just making sure that the right information is out there.

I'm not gonna say, "That's right Sassy! Boric acid is safe because you say so!"

You were wrong. I was polite about it, and you still throw a fit. Well, get the hell over it.

I am not a confrontational person and I am not on here to start some petty drama.

What? You confront people all the time!

I have been a part of this forum since 2005 and I am here to help support others and share what I know. If you cannot communicate to others without being hateful and negative, maybe you should just be quiet.

Think about what you've done, Sassy.

Because you didn't like being wrong, you say things like "vaginal use is not topical use," and "vaginal use is safe ..." and other things that are clearly wrong.

And when I correct you in the simplest way possible: "Vaginal use IS topical use. THE END!" - you accuse me of being "hateful and negative."

I think maybe you're the one who needs to shut up. You've been here for 3+ years, and you still insist on spreading bad information because you don't like being wrong. That's fucked up.

--

SO, TO SUM UP:

- Sassy said that "Boric acid is safe for vaginal use." To support this point, she also said,"Quite a few doctors of the ladies on here have even prescribed boric acid as a treatment to help control chronic BV." BOTH STATEMENTS ARE 100% FALSE.

- Sassy doesn't like the fact that she's wrong, so she's going to be in denial about it, and say bullshit like "To each her own." In my opinion, if something is fucking POISON, "to each her own" no longer fucking applies. That's just what I think. Draw your own conclusions!

- Why am I so fucking long-winded that I have to type these long answers that require summaries? Because when I type one-sentence answers, people obviously have reading comprehension problems and need to ask me the same questions over and over again asking me what the hell I meant and why I said that and blah-fucking-blah! And I'm pretty fed up!

- That's right, I'm fed up! When I'm polite, people fight me every step of the way, and no one fucking listens. Every fucking time, people! I'm sick of the tiresome bullshit.

Stop being so offended when someone disagrees with you. Sometimes, you're just wrong. (Sometimes, I'm just wrong.) It doesn't mean you're stupid. But if you're going to be in denial about the facts and make shit up, and keep insisting that you're right, then you are a stupid bitch who needs to shut the fuck up for a while. I think doing that is much worse than any of my "hateful" and "negative" comments.

- According to the National Institute of Health and the U.S. National Library of Medicine, "Boric acid is a dangerous poison" that can put you in a fucking coma and give you convulsions. Do not keep sticking it up your vagina just because Sassy says it's safe.

Yes, "Everyone has their own body and can decide for themselves what they want to put into it." (per Sassy) - this is true. If you guys decide to stick bleach into your vaginas, I can't show up in your bathroom and make you stop. But I can say that I think that is retarded thing to do. I'm not going to not say that just because it might hurt someone's little feelings.

And I don't contradict people because it's fun. I only speak up if I think it's harmful - e.g., I never said shit about folic acid or vitamins (until someone wanted to mail-order liquid vitamins to inject themselves with it).

Look. I really do try to be polite and reasonable at first. But when I say, "Hey, maybe that's not such a good idea," no one fucking listens! Seriously, I have said that nicely like 10 times, and it's still like, "Hey, where do I buy syringes online?" So I have to say - "WHAT THE FUCK, PEOPLE!" And then the stupidity finally stops.

If you think that makes me "hateful" and "negative," then you really need to do the world a favor and shut the fuck up.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sassy
post Nov 30 2008, 02:37 PM
Post #1062

Hardcore BUSTie

Lori: Your post is the "negativity" I am talking about. For your information, I have talked to my doctor about boric acid and I am having her monitor my use so you can shut up about it. I never said boric acid couldn't be dangerous. It can. Therefore it is important for every woman on this forum to have a relationship with a doctor when trying unconventional cures/treatments. I only use it about once every couple of months at this point as my BV is almost a non-issue now, due to diet and exercise changes. When it does flare up, I use boric acid and I do talk to my doctor. That being said, there is a right way and a wrong way to contradict someone's opinion and you do it the wrong way. You do not need to be rude and belittle other busties just because they have a different idea of how they want to treat their BV. Everyone has their own body and can decide for themselves what they want to put into it. I am not a confrontational person and I am not on here to start some petty drama. I have been a part of this forum since 2005 and I am here to help support others and share what I know. If you cannot communicate to others without being hateful and negative, maybe you should just be quiet.

+Quote Post
ariz0nasunset
post Nov 30 2008, 11:10 AM
Post #1063

Hi Everyone! I'm new here. My name is Sarah Miller, I'm 30 Years old, and I've been having problems with BV for a REALLY long time. First I want to say that I am SO happy I have found a forum where I can talk about this, and look for solutions. Here's my story,

I started having these problems 10 years ago. I was constantly going to the Dr. office thinking i had yeast and/or UTI's. I was continuasly given meds for both of those problems, and somtimes it would help, sometimes it wouldn't. Recently, about 2 years ago, I was told I had BV, the doctor explained to me that it looks like a yeast infection sometimes. I was given something to insert for a week, and it was gone, for a few months. Well, a couple years went by, and I was ok. Then in July of 2007 I found out my husband and I were pregnant! YAY! So, a few months into the pregnancy, I begin to have the BV symptoms, but it came with ALOT of pain. Being pregnant, I couldn't take the medice required to get rid of it, so I began doing research for natural options. I found some vitmain A and E inserts that helped with the pain. I also started taking probiotcs. Well, it's been 8 months sice I had my baby boy, and I now can't take antibiotics for the BV because I am now seriously allergic to them. OH BOY! Soooo, I'm now once again taking the probiotcss, and inserts. I don't think this will ever go away! I haven't had sex with my husband since JULY 2007 because of the pain!

Now, I was reading on here about Trich. I have been tested, and came out neg. but I've never asked for a trich specific. test. What are they called so I can ask for one? I want so bad to be able to have sex again! I know my hubby would appriciate it!

Ok, soooo, thats my story, sorry so long!

~Sarah

+Quote Post
dani1983
post Nov 30 2008, 09:39 AM
Post #1064

BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ Nov 29 2008, 02:22 PM) *
Way too much negativity in here. unsure.gif This should be a place of support. If something works for you, share it. Not everyone has to go that route. I know some people don't like boric acid, but I do. Jewels used TTO, but other people may not get any results with it. Neverending found a hormonal way to treat her BV. To each her own.

I agree with you 100% smile.gif

+Quote Post
lori
post Nov 30 2008, 06:21 AM
Post #1065

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ Nov 29 2008, 11:22 AM) *
Way too much negativity in here. unsure.gif This should be a place of support. If something works for you, share it. Not everyone has to go that route.

What do you mean by "negativity?"

QUOTE(sassy @ Nov 29 2008, 11:22 AM) *
I know some people don't like boric acid, but I do. Jewels used TTO, but other people may not get any results with it. Neverending found a hormonal way to treat her BV. To each her own.

So, by "negativity," do you mean pointing out potential problems with these suggestions?

Let's face facts. Apparently, these are all bad suggestions.

1. BORIC ACID - According to the site Sweaty linked (National Inst. of Health, not a crackpot site), long-term topical (which incl. vaginal) use of boric acid can cause convulsions, coma, twitchy muscles, and all sorts of other symptoms.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002485.htm

That is some scary shit. People need to know this. You shouldn't take this personally.

2. TEA TREE OIL - This isn't a really bad suggestion, because as far as we know, it won't make you fall into a coma. But I do have research that says it doesn't work.

And Jewels did dump her cheating boyfriend. Let's face it - cheating boyfriend means the "test sample" is tainted with germs from sluts. As a result, we can't conclude anything.

I never said TTO doesn't work. I just don't have any research that it does. It doesn't seem to hurt anyone, so people should try it if they want. But they should have realistic expectations.

3. HORMONES - This is another bad suggestion, because messing with your hormones without doctor supervision is just really stupid and you can permanently fuck up your body. As a result - people should see an endocrinologist if they suspect that hormones are the cause. I think this is a better suggestion than telling people to mail-order hormone products. (Wow, how many fucking times have I said this?)

--

SO, IN MY OPINION:

- I think it's good to share research that says that some of the suggestions in here can lead to comas, convulsions, and other permanent fuck-ups. Is that "negativity?"

- I don't know what you mean by "support." But I think sharing all this knowledge is the best "support" there is. I think it's better for people to know all the facts, instead of high-fiving each other and sticking with potentially harmful suggestions because someone's feelings might be hurt.

- I understand that you might be upset because boric acid was the only thing that worked for you, and you thought it was safe. Apparently, it's not safe. It's probably better to acknowledge that than be in denial about it.

--

SO, TO SUM UP, FOR ALL Y'ALL:

BORIC ACID - This is poison. It turns out it's probably not good for you to stick poison up your peesh for a long time.
MY SUGGESTION - If you use it, ask your doctor to prescribe this, and have him/her monitor your use.

TTO - It probably doesn't hurt. But the bustie who this worked for, did also dump her cheating boyfriend, and therefore eliminated her exposure to skank juice. And a Harvard doctor says it doesn't work.
MY SUGGESTION - Try it if you want. But dumping your cheating boyfriend probably works better.

HORMONES - If you think hormones are the problem, go see an endocrinologist.
MY SUGGESTION - If you order hormones off the internet instead, then ... you're pretty stupid. BV is the least of your problems.

Does this sound rude and bitchy? Good. I hope that means you were listening. I've been in this group for over a year, and nice and polite doesn't seem to get through. So bitchy bitchy bitchy! La la la ...

Once again:

BORIC ACID = COMA
TTO = ALTOID FOR YOUR VAGINA
HORMONES = STUPID

Alrighty then. Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!

--------------------

+Quote Post
lori
post Nov 30 2008, 02:50 AM
Post #1066

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Nov 29 2008, 01:11 PM) *
The V Book, that seems to be your only source to anything. Your so narrow minded, you only take the opinion of a gynecologist that nobody has heard of.

I thought you said Dr. Stewart (author of The V Book) was your gynecologist?

I happen to think it's a good book. If we all read it, it wouldn't solve every problem, but it would answer more than 1/2 the questions that are asked in here. I think it provides a good foundation of knowledge.

For the record, I've cited many other sources in my blog, not just The V Book.

If you question anything I've written, or any other posts in this thread, please feel free to perform, and rely on, your own research.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Itanium
post Nov 29 2008, 11:32 PM
Post #1067

Hi Juliaks2007,

It's all possible. I'm not sure that there is one cause for us all. But I do know that all of the things that you mentioned, even if they didn't cause the BV, can make BV worse. All physical and psychosocial stressors can always operate to either trigger a pathology or make a pre-existing condition worse.

Itanium

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Nov 29 2008, 04:11 PM
Post #1068

QUOTE(lori @ Nov 28 2008, 10:26 PM) *
#1 - You didn't address my point - why are you confronting me when all I did was point out that vaginal use = topical use, which doesn't contradict anything you said? Please learn to read more carefully.

#2 - Your question is already answered, right in my blog. I cited my source, and the info. about TTO is from The V Book. Once again, basic reading comprehension would have saved both of us a lot of time.

#3 - There is only one bustie who claims to have been cured by TTO. But she also got rid of her cheating boyfriend at the same time.

I never said TTO doesn't work. I just don't have any reliable info. that it does work. If anyone wants to know more, they can research it on their own or try it themselves.

I think you're so eager to try and pick a fight with me and confront me in whatever way you can, that you can't even tell that I'm agreeing with you this time. And when I respond by pointing out your poor reading comprehension, you respond with pointless nitpicking about my blog. I CITED MY SOURCE, SO YOU CAN VERIFY IT YOURSELF.

You need to get a life, and stop harassing people in this thread. (You don't even have BV. I mean, what the hell?)

I had no idea that you would perceive my question the wrong way. You know what's weird, you always seem to know the right time to throw the most snide comments at me when you feel backed into a corner. But of course, I have to apologize though. I'm sorry that I don't spend all of my time reading everyone's posts and taking the time to type long absurd replies to people that question me. Hmmm ... between you and me, it looks like your the one that needs to get a life. The V Book, that seems to be your only source to anything. Your so narrow minded, you only take the opinion of a gynecologist that nobody has heard of. And the fact that I've never had Bacterial Vaginosis doesn't mean I can't contribute to this forum.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Nov 29 2008, 02:22 PM
Post #1069

Hardcore BUSTie

Way too much negativity in here. unsure.gif This should be a place of support. If something works for you, share it. Not everyone has to go that route. I know some people don't like boric acid, but I do. Jewels used TTO, but other people may not get any results with it. Neverending found a hormonal way to treat her BV. To each her own.

+Quote Post
Itanium
post Nov 29 2008, 01:52 PM
Post #1070

Hi Neverending,

Thank you for the welcome. It's lovely to find a place like this.

Alas, zinc did zilch for me. (Non-sequitor: I forgot to put in my original - for me, probiotics actually make things much much much worse - but that could be due to allergies).

For me, the ginger removed all odor altogether. It also reduced sweating to practically nothing, prevented the stickiness under my arms (I would need to twitch every now and then to unstick my cloths throughout the day), and prevented the brown staining. The last is a bit iffy, because I did have a faint yellow staining. But I suspected that that staining was from the ginger juice rather than the BV, per se. But I could be wrong.

Itanium

+Quote Post
neverending
post Nov 29 2008, 08:41 AM
Post #1071

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Itanium @ Nov 29 2008, 04:40 AM) *
Hello All,

I'm new, and I thought I'd share some things that I've found helpful for managing the sx (no cure, I'm afraid).

But first, some background. I've had BV for about 20 years. Even though I'd been complaining to my gyn, I only figured out what my problem was about 4 years ago (and then got a new gyn). It got so bad 4 years ago that I could put on clean underwear, and it would be soaked and stained black within an hour from the discharge (not to mention the stench). In addition, I started sweating smelly, sticky, clothing-staining stuff everywhere (particularly between my breasts and under my arms). I've tried every antibiotic, garlic, voodoo spell, suppository known to humanity - no luck. The only thing to help has been allergy reduction (see below).

I also have a lifelong hx of UTIs, have had a sinus infection (more on than off) for about 15 years, and just figured out 3 years ago that I have some pervasive and severe allergies. I add these last bits in because everything works together to make the BV worse. For example, if I eat a bad food, within 20 minutes it's a BV discharge fiesta. Or if I am hit with a UTI/sinus worsening, same thing. So some of the things below that I've found helpful may not have been helpful for the BV, per se, but rather reduced allergies or something else to free up the immune system to go after the BV.

But here they are, and I hope they help someone:

1) To deodorize: Take a couple of thumbs of fresh ginger and peel them. Put them in cheese cloth, smash them with a hammer to get the juice out and soaking through the cloth. Then swab affected areas (pubic area, under arms, etc).

2) The homeopathic remedy arsenicum album 30C. Although the problem with homeopathic remedies is you have to get the right dose and there are many remedies for the same thing (and you need to find the right one for your particularly body type).

3) Fertility drugs. They did a wonderful job. So, going with the assumption that I am either deficient in hormones (actually, testing revealed that I am estrogen dominant) or unstable in hormone levels, progesterone cream has helped enormously. I use Bio-Entopic.

4) Coconut oil, about 1.5 Tlb/day, taken internally (I use it instead of butter when I make rice). If you search on the net, you'll find that cocount oil confers many benefits (thyroid, cholesterol, systemic infections, etc.), so I'm not exactly sure how this is helping. I use Herbs of Light - organic, cold pressed, etc.

5) A product called Herbal-C is a naturopathic, anti-inflammatory, vaginal suppository. It's messy, but it can relieve sx for awhile.

6) Lastly, Quantum's Anti-Fungal tincture.

Hey,

Welcome to the board! 20yrs. is a long time hun to have or have had this. Ouch! I think hormones plays a very important role in all of this and yes, progesterone is great and it makes you feel great too. I love the stuff but you have to be very careful with it because it makes you fertile. Have you tried Zinc for your sweating? Zinc is very good also if you have not tried it. Also, what does the ginger do if you don't mind me asking? Does it keep you from sweating? Anyway, I hope things go well for you.

+Quote Post
juliaks2007
post Nov 28 2008, 11:23 PM
Post #1072

HI All
I am also new, have had a problem w/ bv for years n years, ive also tried every antiboitic an magic genie go away trick possible w no results.....9 mo preggers so insurance runs out in a mo.....i also have group strep b and am lactose intolerant.......could these problems be from some kind of fungal infection, my basement is very very moist and i used to smoke mary j and am wondering if mayb some kind of fungus got in it......got those over the counter strips that supposidly check to see if u have the bv and they alwys come up negative, idk y, the symtoms r def there...all the bv signs r there but dr said its so reoccuring cus of some other factor,....also i dealt w bullemia for awhile so mayb some correlation, idk

+Quote Post
Itanium
post Nov 28 2008, 10:40 PM
Post #1073

Hello All,

I'm new, and I thought I'd share some things that I've found helpful for managing the sx (no cure, I'm afraid).

But first, some background. I've had BV for about 20 years. Even though I'd been complaining to my gyn, I only figured out what my problem was about 4 years ago (and then got a new gyn). It got so bad 4 years ago that I could put on clean underwear, and it would be soaked and stained black within an hour from the discharge (not to mention the stench). In addition, I started sweating smelly, sticky, clothing-staining stuff everywhere (particularly between my breasts and under my arms). I've tried every antibiotic, garlic, voodoo spell, suppository known to humanity - no luck. The only thing to help has been allergy reduction (see below).

I also have a lifelong hx of UTIs, have had a sinus infection (more on than off) for about 15 years, and just figured out 3 years ago that I have some pervasive and severe allergies. I add these last bits in because everything works together to make the BV worse. For example, if I eat a bad food, within 20 minutes it's a BV discharge fiesta. Or if I am hit with a UTI/sinus worsening, same thing. So some of the things below that I've found helpful may not have been helpful for the BV, per se, but rather reduced allergies or something else to free up the immune system to go after the BV.

But here they are, and I hope they help someone:

1) To deodorize: Take a couple of thumbs of fresh ginger and peel them. Put them in cheese cloth, smash them with a hammer to get the juice out and soaking through the cloth. Then swab affected areas (pubic area, under arms, etc).

2) The homeopathic remedy arsenicum album 30C. Although the problem with homeopathic remedies is you have to get the right dose and there are many remedies for the same thing (and you need to find the right one for your particularly body type).

3) Fertility drugs. They did a wonderful job. So, going with the assumption that I am either deficient in hormones (actually, testing revealed that I am estrogen dominant) or unstable in hormone levels, progesterone cream has helped enormously. I use Bio-Entopic.

4) Coconut oil, about 1.5 Tlb/day, taken internally (I use it instead of butter when I make rice). If you search on the net, you'll find that cocount oil confers many benefits (thyroid, cholesterol, systemic infections, etc.), so I'm not exactly sure how this is helping. I use Herbs of Light - organic, cold pressed, etc.

5) A product called Herbal-C is a naturopathic, anti-inflammatory, vaginal suppository. It's messy, but it can relieve sx for awhile.

6) Lastly, Quantum's Anti-Fungal tincture.

+Quote Post
lori
post Nov 28 2008, 10:26 PM
Post #1074

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Nov 28 2008, 02:05 PM) *
I was visiting your blog when I noticed that you said something like Tea Tree Oil suppositories don't have any activity against B.V or Yeast. I find that to be very interesting, especially since a lot of people on this forum have been saying that T.T.O suppositories have rid them of B.V. Not only that, but many homeopathic links say T.T.O suppositories are a quick & natural way of healing vaginal infections. Why do you say Tea Tree Oil suppositories don't work against B.V?

#1 - You didn't address my point - why are you confronting me when all I did was point out that vaginal use = topical use, which doesn't contradict anything you said? Please learn to read more carefully.

#2 - Your question is already answered, right in my blog. I cited my source, and the info. about TTO is from The V Book. Once again, basic reading comprehension would have saved both of us a lot of time.

#3 - There is only one bustie who claims to have been cured by TTO. But she also got rid of her cheating boyfriend at the same time.

I never said TTO doesn't work. I just don't have any reliable info. that it does work. If anyone wants to know more, they can research it on their own or try it themselves.

I think you're so eager to try and pick a fight with me and confront me in whatever way you can, that you can't even tell that I'm agreeing with you this time. And when I respond by pointing out your poor reading comprehension, you respond with pointless nitpicking about my blog. I CITED MY SOURCE, SO YOU CAN VERIFY IT YOURSELF.

You need to get a life, and stop harassing people in this thread. (You don't even have BV. I mean, what the hell?)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Nov 28 2008, 05:05 PM
Post #1075

QUOTE(lori @ Nov 28 2008, 02:11 AM) *
That WAS my point. blink.gif

I was visiting your blog when I noticed that you said something like Tea Tree Oil suppositories don't have any activity against B.V or Yeast. I find that to be very interesting, especially since a lot of people on this forum have been saying that T.T.O suppositories have rid them of B.V. Not only that, but many homeopathic links say T.T.O suppositories are a quick & natural way of healing vaginal infections. Why do you say Tea Tree Oil suppositories don't work against B.V?

+Quote Post
lori
post Nov 28 2008, 02:11 AM
Post #1076

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Nov 27 2008, 06:53 PM) *
But, keep in mind, anything that you apply to your skin gets absorbed into your body. I'm sure long-term use of Boric Acid may come with side effects. For example, lets say you get a rash, you'll probably use something along the lines of calamine lotion to ease the rash. The lotion will absorb into the skin and it's anti-inflammatory properties will work against the rash. I'm sure the same can be said for Boric Acid.

That WAS my point. blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Nov 27 2008, 09:53 PM
Post #1077

QUOTE(lori @ Nov 26 2008, 01:39 PM) *
Vaginal use IS topical use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topical

But, keep in mind, anything that you apply to your skin gets absorbed into your body. I'm sure long-term use of Boric Acid may come with side effects. For example, lets say you get a rash, you'll probably use something along the lines of calamine lotion to ease the rash. The lotion will absorb into the skin and it's anti-inflammatory properties will work against the rash. I'm sure the same can be said for Boric Acid.

+Quote Post
lori
post Nov 26 2008, 01:39 PM
Post #1078

Hardcore BUSTie

SweatyinSocialStudies: That list of symptoms is primarily if you ingest boric acid or use it as a topical. Boric acid is safe for vaginal use ...

Vaginal use IS topical use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topical

In medicine, a topical medication is applied to body surfaces such as the skin or mucous membranes, for example the vagina, anus, throat, eyes and ears.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kegom
post Nov 26 2008, 09:08 AM
Post #1079

BUSTie

Hi everyone

I have not been posting in a while. I guess I have developed less of an interest as I have managed my BV. I am not cured but I have maanged to maintain it. Guys please try to take lots of probiotics in your diet. reduce sugars and for me I found out I am lactose intolerant. So I dont do milk anyomore but i take vitamin C supplements. I have a very very faint smell when my immune is low-lack of sleep and not eating well that has happened twice (only lasted a day each) in the past 5 months. But for me, taking enough flora supplements has done the trick after 9 whole years!

+Quote Post
tryn2benormal
post Nov 26 2008, 08:11 AM
Post #1080

Hello all!

I also struggle with re-occuring bv. Scouring the websites to help find a cure I came across a board were a member tried something that I hope will help all of us. She found that if she used cheese whey; with 75% or more lactose sugars..it cuts down on both smell and itching. No word on wether it does anything for discharge. She does this by putting some powder in her hand...adding water to it and making dough balls and sticking it up her vag as far as it will go; especially after sex. She keeps the other balls in a container with loose powder. Since not from the U.S....another member tried this and had similar results. I think she found it under the brand name NOW. If you do a google search for it; a lot of results come up for using to bodybuild...i think? But these have most of the lactose sugar removed so make sure you read the label.

ON a persona note: Wether you've had one partner or a zillion; it doesn't need to be boasted about or judged. This isn't something ANY of us chose...so we shouldn't dwell on when and who we think it happened with , right?

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 52 53 54 55 56 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 18, 2014 - 11:45 PM