Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

294 Pages V  « < 67 68 69 70 71 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BustSecret: Ordinary Confessions from Extraordinary Busties
girltrouble
post Jul 7 2009, 05:41 PM
Post #1361

new highs in personal lows daily!

i agree with culture, tree. get it now, and you can follow jenn's recipes all thru the summer-- which is when you should be making ice cream, after all! in between you can experiment on your own too. by fall you'll have a great little repertory of all manner of ice creams that will dazzle your friends....

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jul 7 2009, 05:23 PM
Post #1362

(o)(o)

Tree, I think you should do it. BUY IT!!!

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Jul 7 2009, 03:50 PM
Post #1363

cryostat bitch

confession: I almost bought an icecream maker today so I could make some of TurboJenn's ice cream recipes! I didn't though.

confession: I think this is something I may struggle with all summer.

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jul 7 2009, 03:06 PM
Post #1364

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

confession: sometimes, just once in awhile, I sit here at my desk and imagine what I will say, during the Rolling Stone interview, about this weird job I had - processing lottery subscriptions - right before I got the recording contract.....

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Jul 7 2009, 01:55 PM
Post #1365

Pacifism kicks ass!

Confession: Even though I've never been a big MJ fan, I watched most of the memorial service and cried my eyes out. I agree that the media coverage has been a bit crazy, but I think the memorial service was quite sweet and touching.

My FIL and his girlfriend will be here in 5 days. I need to do 10,000 things in preparation for their arrival, but I cannot scrape my ass off the couch! Where has my motivation gone?!?

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jul 7 2009, 12:48 PM
Post #1366

confession: as much as i love being back in contact with my sister, her little facebook/twitter/text message sermon/affirmations are really getting on my tits. i know she's aiming them at me, and she is a hair's breadth from having her posts hidden/blocked.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jul 7 2009, 12:09 PM
Post #1367

hey, i agree with you. news outlets are ridiculous. i am the first one in line when it comes to talking about what a shitty job they do. *shrugs* believe me. to call them attention whores, does a disservice to attention whores (i'm talking to you, david blane, spidey, et al.) as i said, i wish the family had done this memorial thing last week, because the extra 5 days were like putting salt in the wound. we had been subjected to too much coverage by thursday, and it was getting difficult to swallow anymore. i am right there with you. all the same, in talking about mj and not the media/news outlets, you are blaming the messenger.

--------------------

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jul 7 2009, 11:54 AM
Post #1368

(o)(o)

It's not just the MJ thing with the media, it's any huge event. Which i understand. Something big happens, naturally you have to report on it. but to report on it 24 hours a day, every day.

for example, the N1H1 stuff, when it first emerged, took.over.every.news.source. I didn't know what else was going on in the worls without seeking it out for myself.

When there is one huge event, the media turns into this big thing that just won't let go. This didn't happen when there was the polictical riots in Iran. I understand the news is there to report, but it just seems that every outlet forgets that there is other news and other issues going on in the world.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jul 7 2009, 11:45 AM
Post #1369

while i get the mourning fatigue, i have to admit to being irritated by people who are dismissive of mj's loss. i wish the family had had the tribute last week, because it's added a whole 5 days of nonsense to the media's need to pimp this for all it's worth.

that said, what that man contributed to this world, cannot be overstated. i say that, not as one of those people who is not a rabid mj fan, but someone who i think understands a little of the world before he did what he did. he didn't just sing or dance, but changed the way those things are done. indeed, there would not be pop music as we know it , had there not been a j5. in deed, our pop culture in general would be a very different place w/o him. when i grew up black faces were not shown on mtv before thriller. that was in the mid 80's. to say that he effected our perception of race in this and other countries-- that is a fact. as a former black man (god i love saying that, ha!), it is impossible not to acknowledge, even though how he effected black masculinity was extremely problematic. you can even make a case that the gangster strains of hip hop were a reaction to him and his music. with black people it is always the entertainers who are our vanguard. they are the ones who herald our hope for a new place in this world. the same was true of mj. we needed someone to go further, to plant seeds in that wake, and he did.

but this is all beside the point i am trying to make: i understand the mourning fatigue, but sometimes, demanding the morning stop is... selfish, and i'm guilty of it too. it is like the driver who complains that a protest blocks their way, even though a larger point needs to be made and they could have easily chosen a different route. they are inconvenienced, i see, but there are worse things in the world than that. why not instead, let those who were effected by his life mourn and feel their sorrow? afterall, how would it feel to have someone you cared deeply about dismissed, and belittled by those who did not know or feel the same as you? this world does not stop for anyone, but for those who have lost-- how does it hurt to pause and see that something is missing. i would not begrudge you that for a pet who was dear, a loved one who was close, or someone who simply inspired you. it is for those who sense that loss to mourn, not for those who do not to make it stop.

as i said, i get it. i've been just as annoyed by the constant barrage of mj too. but i see how he changed my life, and this country, and yes, this world and if you can't see that, don't begrudge me my sorrow. do me a small favor-- let me mourn.

sorry about my long windedness.

--------------------

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jul 7 2009, 09:22 AM
Post #1370

(o)(o)

I'll agree that the man was incredibly talented. But look at what being a child star did to him.

So much has been over shadowed by his death and that irks me. Two Canadian Soldiers were killed in Afghanistan, which is big news here, and the time alloted to them was minimal compared to MJ.

--------------------

+Quote Post
anna k
post Jul 7 2009, 09:10 AM
Post #1371

Hardcore BUSTie

CH, in the morning I listen to NPR because I like hearing about news around the world, and it's better to listen to than the MJ circus. I liked his music, but wasn't a big fan of him, and felt his music/celebrity was irrelevant for nearly 15 years. The news about the memorial service and how it's being treated makes me sick.

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Jul 7 2009, 08:15 AM
Post #1372

beachcomber

well said CH. I completely concur.

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jul 7 2009, 06:55 AM
Post #1373

(o)(o)

Confession: I don't give a flying fuck about Michael Jackson's funeral, i don't care that he is dead. was I shocked? yes. Do I care. FUCK NO. I am sick and tired of the media gong show this has turned into.

I want to know what is going on in the world and when some trauma happens, all other news gets pushed to the side and I get irritated with that.

I didn't care about MJ when he was alive and I certainly don't care about him now that he's dead.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post Jul 7 2009, 06:24 AM
Post #1374

Ambassador from the Republic of Cocktailland

There is a company that is going to be hiring people in the next month or so, which means I can quit my crappy job and do something I like for a while. However, I'm dragging my feet about sending them my resume because they might hire someone who is extremely annoying and I'd be happy never to see again, much less spend a couple months on the same crew.

--------------------
All I know is that I don't know nothing.--Op Ivy

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Jul 7 2009, 05:59 AM
Post #1375

beachcomber

confession: sometimes I just don't give a damn about saving the earth.
I mean usually I do and am semi ocd about bringing my own shopping bags to stores but last night at Wal Mart of all places, I didn't even drag out the 1 bag I had with me.
I am so ashamed. ph34r.gif

confession: when dealing w/ the mr's father aka: the donor,
as he was complimenting me on how good the fresh farm corn was, I said " I boiled it in butter."
knowing it'd make him freak out bc he's such a total hypochondriac.
......... BULLSEYE !!
the look on his face as he was first stunned into silence and then started sputtering was Pricele$$ !

confession: I think the in-laws think the mr & I are going to split up & I have a creepy feeling that wheels are turning behind my back right now.

confession: I love the term: rubbed one out. wink.gif

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jul 6 2009, 06:50 AM
Post #1376

(o)(o)

I had a truly raunchy sex dream on sunday morning, and I promptly rubbed one out when I woke up. Now, this is great news for me because I've had zero sex drive lately (thank you medication) and I haven't masturbated in a looooong time. So, it was good times.

I've had sex dreams about busties, too. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Jul 5 2009, 09:01 PM
Post #1377

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

I think reading this thread is sneaking into my subconcious b/c WOW did I have the raunchiest sex dream last night!

Confession: I did something last night. It was scandalous and frankly, illegal, and I loved it!

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Jul 5 2009, 06:18 PM
Post #1378

PANTIES! ew.

No, she doesn't have a blog. It was more of a newsletter type thing for her kid's afterschool activity. Part of me thinks that if she wanted our group of people to know about the cancer, either she would have sent out an email, or her BFF from that group (BFF at the time, but I've no idea if they drifted apart as well) would have sent out an email on her behalf. AND I'm on her Xmas list, and she didn't mention anything about it in the family letter (because, yes, they are that kind of family). Judging by the thing I read online, she would have already been in treatment then.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jul 5 2009, 06:00 PM
Post #1379

brown delicious

raisin, does she have a blog or something? i mean, if her chemo is out there, well, it must not be a secret or anything. i would just be discreet and say i came across the news about your health, etc. i mean, your heart is in the right place.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post Jul 5 2009, 05:18 PM
Post #1380

Ambassador from the Republic of Cocktailland

I seldom have sex dreams. sad.gif

--------------------
All I know is that I don't know nothing.--Op Ivy

+Quote Post

294 Pages V  « < 67 68 69 70 71 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 23, 2014 - 01:57 PM