> Pardon me (I'm Canadian)
snafooey
post Jun 29 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #801

I said a boom chicka rocka chicka rocka chicka boom

A friend hipped me to this link:

Canada should join the E.U.!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/story/0,,1808159,00.html

(couldn't do a fancy link b/c of the commas)

Btw, the author points out that our military spending is very low even compared to the European average. I'm not defending excessive military budgets by any means - I just think we still have a long way to go before becoming our neighbours to the south. Yeah, there's that slippery slope, but I thought it was more interesting that according to that article, our international aid efforts are also below the European average.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runningwestward
post Jun 29 2006, 10:38 AM
Post #802

Hardcore BUSTie

Not to defend Stupid Steve but we really could use some helicopters that don't crash. And having some planes, boats, and trucks that work would be kinda cool. Our forces' equipment is in pretty bad condition - it has been for a while (my dad was in the reserves for a long time and I remember helicopters always being fixed when I went to visit the base with him). And as much as we don't realy use it for "war" type missions (Afganistan is a BAD idea... lets stick to peacekeeping... we are pretty good at it and the world needs it) it would be nice if they had stuff that worked when they do need it. At least this was on practical equipment and not fighter jets and more troops.

I'm more pissed about the taxes... so what are you going to do with your extra cent on the dollar this weekend when the GST goes down... oh wait... you won't see it in most places. There are so many things that are priced to come out even with tax... they'll just readjust to make more money... parking meters, parking lots... And the income tax is gong back up... hmmmm nope sorry... have to take that penny back.

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jun 29 2006, 07:32 AM
Post #803

16 billion in military spending? 16 BILLION?!? wtf, who voted for this utter asshole?
can't afford childcare, education or medical care but we can throw 16 billion at the fucking army. omg stephen harper, bend us over for george w a little further eh? he isn't fucking us up the ass quite hard enough. seesh.

+Quote Post
dusty
post Jun 13 2006, 07:02 AM
Post #804

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks Doodle! I can't believe they put a publication ban on the whole thing...

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jun 12 2006, 03:38 PM
Post #805

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

Thanks for posting that statement, dusty! I'm going to forward it.

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
dusty
post Jun 12 2006, 01:03 PM
Post #806

Hardcore BUSTie

Toronto anti-terrorism arrests

+Quote Post
dusty
post May 29 2006, 09:43 PM
Post #807

Hardcore BUSTie

I would have thought it was a no brainer, but it seems his ratings are rising? At least, I saw a headline that said so, but I couldn't bring myself to read it.

+Quote Post
loli
post May 29 2006, 06:30 PM
Post #808

BUSTie

hey! i went to that craftfair and got the cutest painting! *high five*

+Quote Post
midgemcgrath
post May 27 2006, 01:05 PM
Post #809

Hardcore BUSTie

i dunno what happened to the vancouverites thread so i'll have to post here, but i just found out about a cool craft fair on today till 5pm! hope it's not too late for anyone who's interested!

it's called the "i heart crafts bazaar" and it's at 2205 commercial (i think it's the legion building)

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post May 26 2006, 06:34 AM
Post #810

(o)(o)

In time the government will fall. Stephen Harper is stepping on far too many toes, even Albertans.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
citrussss
post May 25 2006, 09:58 PM
Post #811

BUSTie

I dunno, I'm just getting eaten up by it...more so because this government has been in power for what, 6 months!? Urrrggg, I'm trying to hold it back, I don't want to turn the conversation into a Harper Rag, but really he's such an easy target.

+Quote Post
pepper
post May 25 2006, 07:09 PM
Post #812

grrr grrr grrr. i'm lucky he's not my next door neighbour or i would be arrested by now.

+Quote Post
dusty
post May 25 2006, 03:21 PM
Post #813

Hardcore BUSTie

Don't get me started...he is so into undemocratizing our country, it isn't funny.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post May 25 2006, 02:56 PM
Post #814

(o)(o)

he is turning things into how question time is at the white house. What I find amusing was on the cover of the globe and mail, he said that the media and press don't like him. I wonder why.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
tyger
post May 25 2006, 02:52 PM
Post #815

Hardcore BUSTie

yeah, citrussss, it kinda freaks me out. what's next, he gets to write the questions people are asking?

+Quote Post
citrussss
post May 25 2006, 02:28 PM
Post #816

BUSTie

is anyone else bothered by the fact that in press conferences Harpers' people choose which press are allowed to ask questions? Thus blocking from the press gallery any opposition or furthar investigation into motives and actions by the Prime Minister and his government. I was listening to CBC today and was shocked at Harper and how he claimed the "problems" came from the liberal supporting press. Seems a little too dictative to me.

+Quote Post
chani
post May 25 2006, 08:42 AM
Post #817

Hardcore BUSTie

Abortion access continues to be an issue out east:-(xposted to PPC)
http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/05/24/abortionnewbrunswick20060524. html

+Quote Post
sukouyant
post May 24 2006, 10:12 AM
Post #818

Hardcore BUSTie

Toronto busties interested in burlesque, i have an extra advance ticket to the yard dogs road show tonight at the Opera House. Thought I was getting it for another bustie, but she can't go after all :-( If you want to grab it, PM me ASAP.

link: http://www.eddyjoecotton.com/yarddogs.html

+Quote Post
venusindisguise
post May 23 2006, 08:08 PM
Post #819

BUSTie

*hoot* oilers!

+Quote Post
dusty
post May 22 2006, 10:00 AM
Post #820

Hardcore BUSTie

All the way.

+Quote Post

44 Pages V  « < 39 40 41 42 43 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 22, 2014 - 09:32 PM