Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 176 177 178 179 180 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
anitsirhc
post May 21 2007, 05:38 PM
Post #3541

Hardcore BUSTie

i had my gyno appointment today. it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. she didn't have use a bunch of different swabs. i did find out that i have UTI though. what the hell?! so now i have bv and a UTI, greatttttt. she wanted to give me flagyl but i told her no. i'm on antibiotics for the UTI. i'm just a little worried though because i had no idea i had it, i have no symptoms. how am i going to tell if it went away? well now i am going to be drinking lots and lots and loottttss of water and peeing a lot haha. anyway so i started yeast arrest today i will be doing that and i'm going to buy the fem-dophilus. i'll keep everyone updated. i wonder what i'll have next time i go to the doctor :\

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 21 2007, 06:49 PM) *
Hey, Jennifer. Welcome (although unfortunate ) to the board! You and I are probably the youngest ones here! I'm 21 and started on my bv trek about 2 or 3 months ago although I know I've had it for much longer.

i'm 21 too! smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 21 2007, 04:32 PM
Post #3542

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey, Jennifer. Welcome (although unfortunate ) to the board! You and I are probably the youngest ones here! I'm 21 and started on my bv trek about 2 or 3 months ago although I know I've had it for much longer. I believe I "contracted" it at the same time I got warts from my ex bf. We had sex once and that was enough to give me a raging outbreak from hell! The warts are gone but it seems the bv will stay with me as a lingering reminder of that awful mistake. I also have high risk hpv. I had to have a precancerous condition removed from my vulva via laser over a year ago and now I'm showing changes on my cervix. I do believe there is no doubt that HPV and BV are related.

I have found a little bit of hope today. A woman at the yahoo bv support group told me that she was able to clear her infection with a 14 day course of Flagyl and the infection hasn't come back yet. Although I don't know how long she has been free from infection at least I know that there is a chance I can get rid of this burden even for a short time. My symptoms have been relentless for the past 3 months. I want this stuff gone!

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 21 2007, 04:13 PM
Post #3543

Hardcore BUSTie

Have many of you ladies done much research on Candida yeast?? Quite quite interesting. I'm taking a nap. And with any self control that I have left...stay off the computer the rest of the night.

Genesis....Can we nominate you to call Ophra...you are so swift with your words...you even made me cry! ( a good cry though) because, I agree, with all of us here working together on this..we will figure it out!

God promised that he would never give us more than we can bare, and to seek and we will find. I was getting pretty close to the point of not wanting to bear anything much longer...but he reminded me of his promises...and he isn't gonna let us down....

I found a silver cross that I lost 15 years ago laying at my door step this morning....I have moved 8 times in my whole life, and havent seen it since the 15 years ago...I KNOW it's the same one I lost.

+Quote Post
jenniferg
post May 21 2007, 03:41 PM
Post #3544

BUSTie

Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum and just want to say THANK GOD that I found this website! I am 22 years old and have been suffering from chronic bv for over a year now. Doctors continue to act as if it is no big deal and give me repeated courses of Flagyl (YUCK!). BV has totally ruined my sex life with my boyfriend and it is so depressing. I have tried everything and nothing works. Unlike most women who experience discharge and odor, I only get the burning. It occurs every month right before my period and will not go away unless I take more Flagyl only to return again the next month. I have tried natural methods like yogurt, hydrogen peroxide, and tea tree oil but nothing works. I don't use tampons, only where cotton underwear, don't take bubble baths or use scented soap, and I don't even venture towards hot tubs. I also have tried the folic acid but so far nothing. I just recently started taking these herbal pills called "Botanical Advantage" so I will give it some time to see how it works. Anyways, thank you ladies for sharing your experiences. I really thought I was all alone. I do believe that my bv has something to do with hpv even though doctors say it doesn't. I was told I had hpv about a year ago and thats when I started getting bv all the time. I just want to find something that works so I can have my sex life back!!! Any input is greatly appreciated! Talk to you all soon.

Jennifer

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 21 2007, 03:20 PM
Post #3545

Hardcore BUSTie

OOPS, didn't need to double post that other comment. lol.

Ilovehim that is very strange that you had those as a child. My mom said that I did too...but I don't remember. I do remember getting catherders (sp) stuck in me time after time after time..and antibotic treatments again and again.

Did you ever find out if you or your mom were carriers of strep b?

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 21 2007, 03:11 PM
Post #3546

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(ilovehim @ May 21 2007, 04:07 PM) *
I just remember that as a child my mother said she took me to the doctor's office alot because I would get cheesy discharge. I had yeast infections as a baby what the hell? My vagina is extremly delicate and any little thing disturbs it's pH balance. I've had this problem as a child, and now after 16 years it hasn't got any better. It just keeps getting worse. When I got preg. is when everything FLARED up. & now i'm just desperate to find a cure, or atleast somethig to help with the symptoms.

If it's not BV it's yeast, and its become a vicious cycle. The yogurt didn't help me when I inserted inside, neither did the acidophillus capsles I've taken. I have a yogurt a day, but that doesn't seem to make a difference. I mentioned before on here the other day that I bought a product called FEMMESIL. Apparently that just made matters much worse. It has some type of silver mineral or ingredient that's supposed to kill off all bacteria, yeast, and viruses. But I think it's full of shit. =(

WE NEED ANSWERS!

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 21 2007, 03:01 PM
Post #3547

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(ilovehim @ May 21 2007, 04:07 PM) *
WE NEED ANSWERS!

I'll be the negative one (as usual wink.gif ) and say I don't see them coming anytime soon. sad.gif

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post May 21 2007, 02:50 PM
Post #3548

BUSTie

I just remember that as a child my mother said she took me to the doctor's office alot because I would get cheesy discharge. I had yeast infections as a baby what the hell? My vagina is extremly delicate and any little thing disturbs it's pH balance. I've had this problem as a child, and now after 16 years it hasn't got any better. It just keeps getting worse. When I got preg. is when everything FLARED up. & now i'm just desperate to find a cure, or atleast somethig to help with the symptoms.

If it's not BV it's yeast, and its become a vicious cycle. The yogurt didn't help me when I inserted inside, neither did the acidophillus capsles I've taken. I have a yogurt a day, but that doesn't seem to make a difference. I mentioned before on here the other day that I bought a product called FEMMESIL. Apparently that just made matters much worse. It has some type of silver mineral or ingredient that's supposed to kill off all bacteria, yeast, and viruses. But I think it's full of shit. =(

WE NEED ANSWERS!

--------------------
[font="Garamond"][/font][size="2"][/size]&hearts; Yours Truly...

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post May 21 2007, 02:41 PM
Post #3549

BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 21 2007, 12:19 PM) *
I FINALLY got my results back and it is, in fact, the bv again. So, it is the bv that's causing all of this burning. I may be a rare case, but I'm still a very real one. I hope this 14 days of Flagyl works...
I just noticed that ever since my colpo, my discharge has turned into WATER. I'm leaking brown stuff all in my underwear now. I know the brown is from the biopsies, but isn't this copious watery discharge something you ladies experience as a common symptom of the bv? I think the colpo has made my bv WORSE!

I don't know about the other ladies but I do get the burning. It's not an all the time thing, but it's definately there. I notice it more when i'm wearing tight jeans and things that don't let my area ventilate. When I went to my doc. and told her that I thought it was BV again because the burning is very discomforting she replied, "Burning is a symptom of BV." Everyones body is diffrent and we all have different symptoms. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
[font="Garamond"][/font][size="2"][/size]&hearts; Yours Truly...

+Quote Post
CanCan
post May 21 2007, 02:26 PM
Post #3550

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ May 21 2007, 12:23 PM) *
I hate mentioning to you all that I have a lot of nasty ass mucous in my bowel moments...is this a sign that your body doesnt have a good ability to absorb fats and nutrients? I had my cholesterol checked once...and the good kind that our body needs...it was very low......

You mention your cholesterol was low when tested? I would have this tested again if I were you. Cholesterol in your body is important because it is used for production of hormones. Progesterone, Pregnenolone, DHEA, Estradiol, etc. Cholesterol starts a cascade of all hormones. Not having enough cholesterol can cause a downward spiral in your body. Not having enough progesterone and or estrogen can cause thinning of the intestinal walls, and vaginal walls, etc. and thinning of all mucosa in your body. You need your mucosa in your intestines to prevent infection of bacteria, as with the vagina. In the vagina, you need the mucosa barrier so that the bacteria doesn't get pushed into the vagina itself. The mucosa basically keeps all microbes in check, and also flushes out a lot pathogens. At least this is what I understand so far from what I've read. If your mucose membranes are thin, the bacteria just gets pushed further and further into your body, which is what you don't want. Sex will also push the bacteria into your skin and aggrevate because you don't have a protective barrier there. Your hormones can be out of balance at any age. Numerous women here have mentioned that their BV could be caused by a hormonal imbalance? I am going to have mine tested to see if this is my problem. I found a website that sells saliva tests. I don't want to start taking hormone pills and creams unless I am tested first, and know that something is off. Once tested, I will at least have a baseline of information to work from.

+Quote Post
CanCan
post May 21 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #3551

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ May 21 2007, 12:23 PM) *
Thank you Cancan for your information! I looked up the list of the many different vegetables that supply our bodies with fructooligosaccharides and inulin. I'm going to the grocery store tonight. Getting our nutritional needs from supplements may boost up the body process much faster, but if I keep buying the many different supplements, probotics, and vitamins....I won't be able to afford to eat! lol Changes in our diets will be more than difficult, but since we are creatures of habit...let's make this a new habit to where anything else would seem strange!

Since I am a lousy chef, I think it should be mentioned that overcooking, improper storage, and overripeness harm the nutritional values of these foods.

Something else i can't help but to blab about....and I need investigate....how to improve our stomachs ability to absorb these nutrients and minerals.

I hate mentioning to you all that I have a lot of nasty ass mucous in my bowel moments...is this a sign that your body doesnt have a good ability to absorb fats and nutrients? I had my cholesterol checked once...and the good kind that our body needs...it was very low......

Tell me about it. I have spent so much money on suppliments lately. But, it is worth it if I get rid of this infection! And besides, I would like to get pregant soon, and if this infection has damaged anything on my insides, then it will be a hell of a lot more expensive going to doctors to try to become fertile again.

I am not always in the mood to cook either. So on lazy days, like today, I just throw it all together! I made an omelette, and just threw in the vegetables. Done. I didn't even concern myself about sauteeing the vegis first. And for the Wild Yam, I just take the tablets.

I went to a Naturopathic MD eight years ago, and she did all of this blood work on me, and then told me that I wasn't absorbing my foods properly. So she gave me hydrochloric acid tablets to take with my meals to help with digestion. But you have to test first: You have to take one tablet right before the last mouthful of your meal. If you feel uncomfortable, then you know you have enough HCL in your stomach. Stop. Don't take any more pills. If you feel nothing, then you take more with the next meal. And then the next. If you still don't feel the acid burning or indigestion, then you probably don't have enough HCL in your stomach, and aren't digesting food properly.

And you mention your cholesterol was low when tested? Hmmm. I would have this tested again if I were you. Good cholesterol in your body is key.

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 21 2007, 12:01 PM
Post #3552

Hardcore BUSTie

Morphia,
I just wanted to mention an idea to as well. After I had my baby..for 10 days I had to rinse off my vagina with water after I peed, and dry her with sterile guaze(I didn't have stiches with the second child). I really don't think that it is a bad idea for you to do. Also, don't use regular water, or if you do boil it.

People with HIV are told to boil water they use( if our water is so safe then why do they have to do that?)...I don't think it's a bad idea for your case. Just to be sure there are no bacteria in your water.. Boil a bunch let it cool and put it in your fridge for the day. Make sure you wash your hands before you go to bath room too.

I'm sorry if my advice sounds obsessive, but honestly, I think it might help you.

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 21 2007, 11:51 AM
Post #3553

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 21 2007, 01:03 PM) *
My doctor didn't tell me anything. Just cut 4 or 5 pieces of my cervix and sent me on my way, crying. I've been seeing him for YEARS and I can't believe it has taken me so long to finally realize what an insensitive, stupid piece of shit he is.

All I can say is thats BULLSHIT!!!

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 21 2007, 11:46 AM
Post #3554

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ May 21 2007, 12:56 PM) *
The watery fishy smelling discharge drips out of me sometimes, and has changed to several different colors with the different remendies I have tried.

Morphia, I haven't tried the Flagyl yet, just the metrogel. I have the prescription, but I'm not ready to use it yet. I want to fucking know what bacterias are in my snatch first..and I'm still in search of a good doctor. But since you just had that colpo..take the flagyl full speed ahead, and take really good care of yourself while on it. Make sure you stear clear of putting anything in your vagina. Did they tell you not to have sex 10 to 14 days afterward? They did me... I'd try and wait a month if you could. Certain people take longer to heal from such things. My guess is you are in that boat. They cut a piece of your cervix right? They did me. I'm not really sure if that was something they do standardly with a colpo or just an extra. All I know is they told me that they we not gonna cut a piece since I was pregnant...but yet they still did.

My doctor didn't tell me anything. Just cut 4 or 5 pieces of my cervix and sent me on my way, crying. I've been seeing him for YEARS and I can't believe it has taken me so long to finally realize what an insensitive, stupid piece of shit he is.

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 21 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #3555

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 21 2007, 12:19 PM) *
I FINALLY got my results back and it is, in fact, the bv again. So, it is the bv that's causing all of this burning. I may be a rare case, but I'm still a very real one. I hope this 14 days of Flagyl works...
I just noticed that ever since my colpo, my discharge has turned into WATER. I'm leaking brown stuff all in my underwear now. I know the brown is from the biopsies, but isn't this copious watery discharge something you ladies experience as a common symptom of the bv? I think the colpo has made my bv WORSE!

The watery fishy smelling discharge drips out of me sometimes, and has changed to several different colors with the different remendies I have tried.

Morphia, I haven't tried the Flagyl yet, just the metrogel. I have the prescription, but I'm not ready to use it yet. I want to fucking know what bacterias are in my snatch first..and I'm still in search of a good doctor. But since you just had that colpo..take the flagyl full speed ahead, and take really good care of yourself while on it. Make sure you stear clear of putting anything in your vagina. Did they tell you not to have sex 10 to 14 days afterward? They did me... I'd try and wait a month if you could. Certain people take longer to heal from such things. My guess is you are in that boat. They cut a piece of your cervix right? They did me. I'm not really sure if that was something they do standardly with a colpo or just an extra. All I know is they told me that they we not gonna cut a piece since I was pregnant...but yet they still did.

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 21 2007, 11:02 AM
Post #3556

Hardcore BUSTie

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 21 2007, 10:06 AM
Post #3557

Hardcore BUSTie

Thank you Cancan for your information! I looked up the list of the many different vegetables that supply our bodies with fructooligosaccharides and inulin. I'm going to the grocery store tonight. Getting our nutritional needs from supplements may boost up the body process much faster, but if I keep buying the many different supplements, probotics, and vitamins....I won't be able to afford to eat! lol Changes in our diets will be more than difficult, but since we are creatures of habit...let's make this a new habit to where anything else would seem strange!

Since I am a lousy chef, I think it should be mentioned that overcooking, improper storage, and overripeness harm the nutritional values of these foods.

Something else i can't help but to blab about....and I need investigate....how to improve our stomachs ability to absorb these nutrients and minerals.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 21 2007, 08:06 AM
Post #3558

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Genesis @ May 21 2007, 09:03 AM) *
First off I want to say how impressed I am with all of the efforts and hours of research that have gone into this blog. If you combined the hours of research that each woman here has contributed battling this very personal problem it would probably outnumber the years that any of us have been alive. That's saying a whole lot! I am especially impressed by the candor and honesty of each blogger. I am reminded of Einstein and several other inventors who after repeated failures discovered the answer to their most baffling questions and turned around and shared it with the world. Cures are the result of deliberate testing, evaluation, research and more testing. Success happens because people make it so. Finding a cure does take commitment in sharing and educating one another. And even when the medical world snubs such a plague and has their own theories, as women who understand from a personal standpoint that many of the answers don't fit or make sense, once and for all, women banded together is a force to be reckoned with. We have how many minds here in this forum? Now that's a whole lot of brain power, more than Einstein to be frank.
Very rare is it that such a collaborated effort has been made to single-handedly isolate the causes and cures for such a common female problem and not by scholars at Harvard or Yale or Princeton, but very average, hardworking, women who want an answer that they aren't getting because the medical world simply has not devoted the time or commitment in discovering WHY. If it were some radical new disease that threatened to annialate humankind they'd be on the bandwagon, but hence it's just the uncomfortable plague that all women are suseptible to and though it does cause sterility, it doesn't kill as far as the medical world is concerned, so why the rush? I plan to be around for awhile and see what transpires. This is definately a move in the making. Glad to be onboard!

Genesis
wink.gif

Genesis-thank you for your kind words. SOMEBODY MENTIONED THE OTHER DAY, Is anyone brave enough to call Oprah?? THIS MESSAGAE, should be sent to Ophrah!! Nice wording, and an excellent way to "Sum it all up"!! Thanks for the complimants. Glad to have you on board!!

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 21 2007, 07:45 AM
Post #3559

Hardcore BUSTie

I just wanted to mention something else, simply for discussion, and for a reminder to myself. I remember reading somewhere that Asian(?) women have the lowest rate of reoccuring vaginal infections for whatever reason. And while african american women have the highest rates of reocurring bv. I'm a hines 57 cacausion, but I really think it's interesting knowing that different cultures have different diets, preferences, and so forth.

I enjoyed reading another new members suggestions of eating food thats our good bacteria like. Too bad not one she had mentioned has ever went onto my tongue. I believe that I am, in fact the most picky eater on earth....

+Quote Post
lori
post May 21 2007, 07:15 AM
Post #3560

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ May 21 2007, 06:24 AM) *
hi ladies. today i have my gyno appointment. i am not looking forward to it at all. at planned parenthood for some reason they use a lot of different swabs when they go up there and have to go inside several different times. and some of them are very painful. so i'm kind of scared, i hate it. but anyway i am going to tell her about my pain (the cramping and pinching feelings) and that i am not taking antibiotics again if she prescribes it. i'm going to bring the yeast arrest with me and have her tell me what she thinks. i'm going to use it whether or not she tells me i should but whatever. and i will try to get a culture, if it doesn't cost too much extra. alright well my appointment is at 2 (in 4 1/2 hours) so i'll be back on here later to tell you how it went.

Best of luck to you anitsirhc.

--------------------

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 176 177 178 179 180 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 23, 2014 - 10:29 PM