The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> We Are Athletic Supporters!, The thread for those that follow sports!
Divala
post Mar 2 2010, 11:59 AM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

AP, part of the reaon for the hullabaloo over the women's hockey celebration was that at least one of the girls was underage. The drinking age in that area is 19, I believe that girl was 18. But I still say who gives a crap. They won a gold on their own soil, that's worth a beer and a cigar. Nobody died. Nobody got their eye poked out. Time to move on.

--------------------
"After all those hours of concentrated effort, I come home pure as the driven snow." -Gidget
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
angie_21
post Feb 28 2010, 11:36 PM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(culturehandy @ Feb 28 2010, 03:45 PM) *
It's time for the IOC to get with the times.

well, let's not forget that one of the VANOC commmittee members (and former IOC member) stated that 400 years ago, canada "was a land of savages" and threatened to make women wait even longer for the olympic ski jump event if they kept maving waves. I can't believe people like this get to represent Canada to the rest of the world.

+Quote Post
sageykins
post Feb 28 2010, 06:37 PM
Post #3

Hardcore BUSTie

Completely unrelated to any Olympics convos-
Syracuse won yesterday!!!!! Happy Dance! Go Orange! smile.gif
Ok. Continue with the convo.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Feb 28 2010, 05:45 PM
Post #4

(o)(o)

It's time for the IOC to get with the times.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Feb 28 2010, 01:40 PM
Post #5

Big Fat Bitch

Seriously. The fuck is up with the uptightness of the IOC? Now they've got their knickers in a twist because the Canadian women's hockey champs drank a few Molson's/champagne & smoked cigars on the ice. Was it politically correct? No, but if they are all of age, I don't give a fuck: let them celebrate!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Feb 23 2010, 06:53 PM
Post #6

brown delicious

QUOTE(Divala @ Feb 23 2010, 02:59 PM) *
Is anyone else as enraged as me over that Russian ice dancing team who wore the "aboriginal" costumes for the folk dance, then put those ropes around themselves to do holds with?

Um, yeah. I'm still speechless about that costume. I watched their performance on youtube again. The costumes and whole performance were terrible and unoriginal. blink.gif

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
Divala
post Feb 23 2010, 01:59 PM
Post #7

Hardcore BUSTie

I didn't really find Johnny Weir's outfits to be that over the top, especially next to the Edward Scissorhands/Crow/Vader outfit the winner wore. I guess I was expecting something more parade float worthy, like that Russian couple with the really tasteless "aboriginal" dance.

Is anyone else as enraged as me over that Russian ice dancing team who wore the "aboriginal" costumes for the folk dance, then put those ropes around themselves to do holds with? That's just lazy choreography. If you can't do a hold in the proper way, then figure out something else to do. I know the rules didn't say anything about it, but this was over the line. I wish they'd been shut out of the medals, period.

--------------------
"After all those hours of concentrated effort, I come home pure as the driven snow." -Gidget

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Feb 21 2010, 01:05 PM
Post #8

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(stargazer @ Feb 21 2010, 08:39 AM) *
[url=http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/snowboard/news?slug=jp-lago022010&prov=yhoo&type=lgns]
AP, I didn't see his performance, but, I did see Johnny Weir's outfit. My first thought is, "Wow. He outgayed himself." I do wonder if his costumes were a distraction for the judges from his actual skills as an ice skater. It seems like ice skating can be terribly traditional in some way. Although, I'm well aware of the irony of tradition and men on skates (hello brian boitano!).

Actually, I thought Johnny actually toned it down a bit. The black & white sparkly number he wore for "Fallen Angel" was pretty subdued. The one with the man cleavage & the pink ruffle was only a tiny bit over the top. The white sparkly number & rose crown & the white J in his bouquet? Yeah, outgayed.

As far as the rest of it goes. . . jebus christ these people are still KIDS! Kids that have busted their asses for years to be the best of the best in their chosen sports & now they want to let off a little steam. I'm LUCKY that there are no photos of me doing dumb shit at parties when I was twenty-three, let alone twenty-eight or thirty-four.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Feb 21 2010, 08:39 AM
Post #9

brown delicious

Olympic star Scotty Lago was kicked out of Olympics due to a photo of him with his gold medal at a party.

You know, I do not know what to make out of the need for the sports world to suddenly become concerned about values and the reflection of an athlete's behavior. I know some associations have different rules about sportsman conduct. I do not know if the sports world is finally getting tired of selfish behavior and/or just watching their finances in the corporate world. I'm sure it is a little of both.

Any thoughts about this topic?

AP, I didn't see his performance, but, I did see Johnny Weir's outfit. My first thought is, "Wow. He outgayed himself." I do wonder if his costumes were a distraction for the judges from his actual skills as an ice skater. It seems like ice skating can be terribly traditional in some way. Although, I'm well aware of the irony of tradition and men on skates (hello brian boitano!).

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Feb 19 2010, 05:31 AM
Post #10

Big Fat Bitch

I am sad Johnny Weir got screwed. I watched Weir's "Fallen Angel" & was for the first time in my life actually moved by figure skating. He was so fluid, so beautiful. There was a minor error in the beginning, but his passion for what he does really shined through. I don't think he deserved the gold or even the silver, but fucking sixth place? Bite me, judges. I fuck you in the ear!

I am gonna try VERY hard not to mock figure skating ever again. Promise. A'cos Johnny's grace made me a wee bit teary. Shine on you crazy diamond!

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Aug 20 2009, 12:13 PM
Post #11

brown delicious

In other football news, why is Brett Favre being such a dick lately? He is really tarnishing his career and fans are probably turning on him as we speak.

--------------------

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Aug 18 2009, 09:02 AM
Post #12

Hardcore BUSTie

star,
I heard he was terrible. Heh. The bears definately got the better end of that deal. Can't wait to see what Matt Forte does this season.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Aug 17 2009, 09:51 AM
Post #13

brown delicious

Missladyj, yeah, I think Vick should be given another chance with football. I'm actually looking forward to football season this year. Did you see how much Kyle Orton sucked in his last game with the Broncos? Oh lordy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Aug 17 2009, 08:02 AM
Post #14

Hardcore BUSTie

watched the hall of fame game. I was shocked to learn that John Madden has finally retired. Sunday night football will not be the same without him.

Happy that the bears have Jake Cutler.

What do people think about Micheal Vick? He served his time and seems to understand that what he did was wrong. There are other players in the NF L who have done shit ( Ray Lewis) and not suffered the consequences. I hope it works out for Vick. I really do.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jul 20 2009, 09:05 PM
Post #15

brown delicious

I found this article interesting about the treatment of female sports journalists.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jezebel
post Jul 17 2009, 09:37 PM
Post #16

BUSTie

Favre is a major attention whore.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Divala
post Jun 24 2009, 02:54 PM
Post #17

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm pretty sick of Favre, too. First, he makes a big deal about retiring, then takes it back and has a lackluster season, and now is being courted by the Vikings. I live in Minnesota, and I doubt many hardcore Vikings fans will be happy seeing him on our team.

Did anyone see the men's final at the French Open? My boy won, even after being nearly accosted by a (clothed) streaker. Now they're doing Wimbledon, so I'll probably spend the next couple weekends watching that. I'm glad Nadal is out, so it won't be a replay of the same match as in the last couple years.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 24 2009, 10:35 AM
Post #18

Big Fat Bitch

Dear Brett Favre,

Go out gracefully, dude! You are OLD in NFL years. Become a sportcaster, Madden is about dead! Take over his slot! You KNOW YOU HAVE NOTHING LEFT.

AP

--------------------

+Quote Post
tommynomad
post Jun 2 2009, 04:51 PM
Post #19

Hardcore BUSTie

I have a crush on Stanley....LORD Stanley.

--------------------
"If I help women to have babies when they can give them love and affection, [those babies] will not grow up to be rapists or murderers.
They will not build concentration camps."
--Dr. Henry Morgentaler

+Quote Post
Divala
post Jun 1 2009, 03:15 PM
Post #20

Hardcore BUSTie

Is anyone watching the French Open? My boyfriend is a tennis snob, so we watch all the tourneys. I was very, very pleased to see Rafael Nadal get kicked out early on. I just hope Federer takes full advantage and finally wins this tournament, since I think it's the only one he's never won.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 31, 2014 - 08:38 AM