Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 225 226 227 228 229 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
pianogirl
post Dec 6 2006, 09:52 AM
Post #4521

Hardcore BUSTie

Thank you so much for all the information.

Right now I am still doing what my holistic doctor recommended and dont have any smell. However I just gotr off the boric and am now just doing the vaginal probiotic suppositories in addition to some hormone pills and flax oil. I am hoping that this works, I will give myself a week if all fails i will do the folic...you girls are amazing and smart. Thank you for all your help and advice...hopefully we will soon all be back to normal and can advise other sufferers on treatment alternatives for this horrible, sad issue.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Dec 6 2006, 09:29 AM
Post #4522

BUSTie

Pianogirl - I take two pills to get my folic, one thats just 400mcg I got to suppliment the B-complex vitamin I also take since it only has 400 mcg and someone was saying to take 800 mcg a day. The second pill also has a varitety of b-vitamins plus C and A or E or something.

I finished all my metrogel and I bought some kiefer at whole foods the other day to hopefully counteract the antibiotics. I'm thinking I should also use a vaginal probiotic too (?). It's been about a week on the folic but I got my period on sunday so we'll see how this all plays out in the end. I hope the folic works as well for me as it has for so many others. fingers crossed!

I'm happy for you sassy, hope it keeps up. The boric after sex sounds like a good idea, i've been trying to think of a good way to maintain once i get rid of this...

+Quote Post
sassy
post Dec 5 2006, 09:50 PM
Post #4523

Hardcore BUSTie

The smell is almost gone now...barely there. I haven't had any discharge all day so apparently the folic acid has started to kick in after only using it for one week. I'm so excited! I hope things stay this way. Wouldn't it be really stupid if all this BV nonsense was caused by something as fixable as a deficiency of folic acid in our bodies? I know some of you have tried it without any help but it obviously has something to do with this because it's helped several girls on here. I don't really understand it myself. I'm still going to use the boric acid after sex for a little while to hopefully keep things okay. I'm being hopeful, though.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Dec 5 2006, 05:38 PM
Post #4524

Hardcore BUSTie

I have a doc's appt Tuesday.I'm going to tell him that I can't deal with this trying to come back.I'm about to lose it! There are sooooo many things I want to do and this keeps me from doing them.G-d please HELP!

+Quote Post
sassy
post Dec 5 2006, 05:59 AM
Post #4525

Hardcore BUSTie

I've been taking the folic acid for about a week and I hadn't noticed any differences until this morning. My smell was definately getting a lot less noticeable and my discharge is white and sticky instead of my usual yellow, thin discharge I have with BV. I hope this means that the folic acid is going to continue to work!! I just take one folic acid pill a day when I eat breakfast. It said on my bottle to take it with food. I bought it at Walmart for less than $3.

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Dec 4 2006, 04:57 PM
Post #4526

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(mesquitetree @ Dec 4 2006, 10:16 AM) *

Ladies! I came across this Lounge when my bv acted up again two weeks ago, desperately searching for answers. Thank you, you were helpful and it was great to know I wasn't alone.

What's working right now for me: I think the folic acid. I've been taking it for probably a week now and my bv seems gone. And of course, since I never try new routine in a controlled sort of way to exactly pinpoint what works, I am also eating more yogurt and did a few yogurt inserts, so it could be a combination. But I've done yogurt before and the folic acid is new.

Also for those who mention smoking, I have found that smoking totally affect my bv. When I quit for a few months earlier this year, it was so much better (but not gone). Now I smoke on occasion with smoking friendly, and whenever I do, I can smell it, and not just smoke in my hair. Someone mentioned coffee too which I am comtemplating cutting down on.

Good luck everyone. I'll keep you posted if there are any changes.

Could you ladies tell me how do you take the folic acid? How many per day etc?

+Quote Post
mesquitetree
post Dec 4 2006, 08:59 AM
Post #4527

Ladies! I came across this Lounge when my bv acted up again two weeks ago, desperately searching for answers. Thank you, you were helpful and it was great to know I wasn't alone.

What's working right now for me: I think the folic acid. I've been taking it for probably a week now and my bv seems gone. And of course, since I never try new routine in a controlled sort of way to exactly pinpoint what works, I am also eating more yogurt and did a few yogurt inserts, so it could be a combination. But I've done yogurt before and the folic acid is new.

Also for those who mention smoking, I have found that smoking totally affect my bv. When I quit for a few months earlier this year, it was so much better (but not gone). Now I smoke on occasion with smoking friendly, and whenever I do, I can smell it, and not just smoke in my hair. Someone mentioned coffee too which I am comtemplating cutting down on.

Good luck everyone. I'll keep you posted if there are any changes.

+Quote Post
alwaysonmymind
post Dec 3 2006, 09:49 PM
Post #4528

BUSTie

I apologize If I offended anybody. I really didn't mean it like that. I was just trying to explain "my" situation and why I have not tried the product. I totally understand how all of us feel on this thread. It's horrible and really does have an effect on our lives. I wish us all the best and hopefully we can all find a cure:)

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Dec 3 2006, 03:07 PM
Post #4529

BUSTie

So I kinda have to eat my words, turns out the cancer in rats thing is in the metrogel insert. Must of missed that one... wink.gif But either way WTF!? it's still scary weird and they list the success rate at between 50-60% mad.gif

fedup - sex is dicouraged during all forms of treatment i think. I was always told that I couldn't have ANYTHING in the vag during treatment periods. I guess my last doc took pity on me when he said I could use tampons and have sex when he perscribed the 6 week thing. So i guess it's up to you. If you can hold out it can't hurt, might help.

Neverending - isn't the hormone thing supposed to take a long time to work? or maybe I'm thinking probiotics... eitherway I agree with jewels. when it come to hormones I'd rely on the doc for advice.

Speaking of probiotics, I want to use them again when the metrogel is gone (like 2 days). How many of you have problems with probiotics making symptoms worse? A few have mentioned it but it still just doesn't make sense to me

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Dec 3 2006, 02:44 PM
Post #4530

Hardcore BUSTie

Neverending. Make an appt and talk with your Doctor. I'm 38, and when I asked my doctor this, she said mine was not hormone related. But, if you are sure your's is, I would get it checked. I don't know how they check that, cause my doctor said it's hard to test. But yeah, definately, do what works for you!!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Dec 3 2006, 12:04 PM
Post #4531

Hardcore BUSTie

Update:
I stopped using the Estroil and it seems as though the Bv is trying to come back.I know mine is a hormonal imbalance and I was wondering if you guys felt maybe I should try a prescribed estrogen because I was thinking maybe the plant form of estrogen is not strong enough? Any suggestions?

+Quote Post
fedup
post Dec 3 2006, 02:03 AM
Post #4532

Hey guys- I havent been on in a while. Been working alot of hours. Anyway, I tried the boric and it didnt work. I only gave it a week though, which isnt long enough. I've started again on it this week and will take it for as long as I have to this time. Does sex interfere with the treatment?

I will also be going to the doctor AGAIN this month. I have a new one this time. Lets see what she says. I want to be tested for every STD out there, even though I know I dont have one, just want to cover all my bases. I've also been online trying to find a doctor who has successfully treated this, but no luck.

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Dec 2 2006, 10:40 PM
Post #4533

BUSTie

Don't worry about it Klee, It's completely understandable if you're a bit defensive or on edge. Just don't alienate those that are trying to support you vs. those that are criticizing you. It's a bad situation you're in all around. We're all just trying to soften the blow.

+Quote Post
klee
post Dec 2 2006, 09:08 PM
Post #4534

BUSTie

Maybe I read that incorrectly - it's seems like it could be taken different ways. Perhaps bad timing? And you guys have been very supportive, thank you. I've unfortunately have had some rather uncomfortable conversations with friends that have been very difficult to deal with. So, I've been rather sensitive recently since I wasn't expecting so much antogonizing from my best friends.

Sorry if I jumped all over you alwaysonmymind.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Dec 2 2006, 07:48 PM
Post #4535

Hardcore BUSTie

Wait a minute here. I have to stand up for Alwaysonmymind. I don't think she meant anything by that. She was pointing out what happens to her. That wasn't fair, and I personally feel that was uncalled for. We are all in this together ladies. We all should feel free to discuss what works and doesn't work for us. This is how we find help for each other. We are on your side Klee...hence the number of good lucks you've had. Anyways, just expressing my opinion. Doesn't make it right, doesn't make it wrong, just an opinion.

+Quote Post
klee
post Dec 2 2006, 06:00 PM
Post #4536

BUSTie

QUOTE(alwaysonmymind @ Dec 2 2006, 01:18 AM) *

Again, I only get BV when I have unprotected sex. So, I don't have unprotected sex! It's not worth..it...Only if I really fall in love with someone and I believe that they will understand.

What an interesting time to "reiterate" this alwaysonmymind. As I'm sure most of us do have protected sex for a myriad of reasons besides bv. Thanks for your input though, and if you need help patting yourself on the back, let me know.

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Dec 2 2006, 10:24 AM
Post #4537

BUSTie

QUOTE(alwaysonmymind @ Dec 1 2006, 08:18 PM) *

It is a product called Acromona......

Acromona is just another name for metronidazol. I googled it, heres the site i found

http://www.egeneralmedical.com/rxlist00000247.html

And check out what it says at the top of the page in the big f-ing box! Turns out metronidazol is a carcinogen in rats and mice!! Excellent! Would have been nice to know that when the doctors perscribed it for me oh, only about 30 different times. Seriously. I've probably taken that much. I'm never using this shit again! Man this makes me so angry... I've never been told this and I'm sure it's not in product inserts either cause I ALWAYS read those. Way to pull the wool over our eyes FDA!

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Dec 2 2006, 01:50 AM
Post #4538

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, had birthday sex tonight, and no smell. None what so ever. Not even a hint. I did 2 days of 2 boric acid, and am taking 1 Folic Acid and 1 B-6 a night. Shit smell is even gone.

+Quote Post
alwaysonmymind
post Dec 1 2006, 07:01 PM
Post #4539

BUSTie

Again, I only get BV when I have unprotected sex. So, I don't have unprotected sex! It's not worth..it...Only if I really fall in love with someone and I believe that they will understand. So I haven't tried this but I got it from another website group. It is a product called Acromona......

Hi guys I am still using the acromona and its been a miracle for me i wish you guys would try it, i wish i could send you all some but since its prescription medication i cant, however i wish there was some where it can be ordered, this thing works well!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Dec 1 2006, 06:11 PM
Post #4540

Hardcore BUSTie

Good luck klee!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 225 226 227 228 229 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 29, 2014 - 02:26 AM