Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 87 88 89 90 91 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
CarrieBradshaw
post Apr 11 2008, 06:01 AM
Post #1761

BUSTie

I got my thyroid tested yesterday.....so we'll see what the results have to say. I just have this little glimmer of hope that my BV/yeast problem has been a side effect of my thyroid going bad and maybe that will fix EVERYTHING!!! I know it's a long shot, but oh well. I haven't had BV in 3 months....but I'm freaking TERRIFIED everyday that it will come back. I have been having a slight odor this week, but I just can't tell if it's BV because no discharge and no irritation. Usually my only symptom with BV is the nasty white gooey crap. I never usually smell. So, we'll see. sometimes I feel like I do have slightly different smells throughout my cycle. But they're never BAD, just ya know, girl smells.

ANYWAYS, Also! I saw an Ad for Clindesse in a doctor's mag at the doctor's office yesterday.....I seem to remember several of you trying this, but I can't remember? Did anyone like it? One dose sure sounds nice!! smile.gif

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!!!

Sprinkles -- your posts crack me up. Thanks smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
damselindistress
post Apr 11 2008, 05:39 AM
Post #1762

BUSTie

Hey, Busties. Thanks for the warm welcome. You all crack me up. I think this BV thing has made us all insane, so you just gotta laugh. All right, I'm gonna repeat myself here. Do any of the men in your lives have issues, prostatitis anything? Chronic prostatitis is the guy's version of our BV, no answers, no cure, just lots and lots of antibiotics. Come on, no one? I'm convinced we're passing this back and forth, even though the doctors say no. I don't want to believe that I have a defective coochie that cannot be saved.

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Apr 10 2008, 11:33 PM
Post #1763

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(SpRiNkLeS @ Apr 11 2008, 01:21 AM) *
Hey ladies!
Hmmm, so I haven’t checked in here in like a week. It’s been interesting reading what worked for some of you BV free gals, thanks for the tips. Anyway so last night I screwed up my life again. I kinda sorta ummmmmm, like you know……..made myself feel better. Ok so we’re all adults here. I masturbated. Well the point here is that now today I’m gettin ammonia whiffs. My body thinks I actually had sex!!! What the frick?!!!!! I didn’t even get to enjoy a live penis, what the hell!!!!!!!!!!

Hey TWIN! Girl you crack me UP!!! I totally feel you on this. I actually got a bit of a break from the red stuff (yuck) and got me a lil action from the hubby. LOL And wouldnt you know it, the NEXT day - tadaaaaaaah - Ammoniafish and the bleeding started again! I want to rip my hair out seriously. I finally got my femflora via UPS today and I took two of them. Wanted to take four but I'm taking so many other dang suppliments and vitamins and crap that I just get tired of swallowing pills. Oh by the way, I got evening primrose oil capsules (supposed to help with the insulin resistance thing and regulate the hormones or somethin to that effect). I really hope all this stuff works; its getting hot outside and i hate having to deal with bv during the summer. Seems like the smell gets worse when its hot.

I also want to agree with you on the mind problems, Sprinkles. Girl we have SO much in common its scary. I have the memory of a 95 year old and I'm very very impatient and easily irritated with everything. I too am easily distracted LOL The hubby jokingly says I have the attention span of a goldfish LOL Thats pretty bad.

Good luck every-bustie!

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
SpRiNkLeS
post Apr 10 2008, 11:12 PM
Post #1764

BUSTie

CarrieBradshaw: Yeah, my family has thyroid problems too. I agree with the ladies here, I’m pretty sure the thyroid hormones definitely affect our bodies’ other hormones and in turn the vitamins we take. I’ve been tested before for Hypothyroidism AND Hyperthyroidism (ok huh? I just confused myself) but my tests came back normaI. You know what I say to that? Bullcrap! I still feel I have a thyroid problem mainly because I have a very strong sweet tooth and damn milk chocolate! That crap gets to me every time! I actually am lucky enough to have an amazing metabolism (the main reason why someone would think they have a thyroid problem) so I don’t have that symptom BUT I seem to have all the other symptoms: Irregular periods (after I had my kid this changed to normal but now it’s back to irregular…also irregular periods are part of the regular imbalanced hormone problems but I was told it’s actually hypothyroidism?), lack of energy (everyone else calls it LAZY…like whatever! I do a lot everyday and no matter how much sleep I get I NEVER want to wake up in the morning, also I’m just damn TIRED all the time), depression, slow thinking process (my short term memory is a piece of crap! The thing retired on me or something). Also one of my old docs told me that an OVERactive thyroid could cause problems on the mind. Like impatience and irritability (that’s so me! He could tell I had that problem so he said it first), easily distracted (me again!), sensitivity to noise (totally me! I could write a page about this one. Everyone who knows me has fun with this), depression on and off (story of my life! Even though I can hide it well with my family), problems with sleep and of course with appetite. Heh, I seriously think I have both hypothyroidism AND Hyperthyroidism. I’m cleared of both so that just goes to show that sometimes tests aren’t all they’re cracked up to be. I mean for the first year I had BV I continually tested negative but finally at the end of last year the docs decided to throw me a bone (and some sanity!) and finally said my tests showed I do in fact have the BV bacteria.

Mg86: Hehe, so I’m the poop whiff girl around here, huh? Well it’s nice to know other girls with BV get that once in a while too! I haven’t had it since the TTO but I know it will come once the period starts.

Kristen: Haha, that first sentence was great. We should have a “Bored with BV” thread!

Morphia: Keep us updated with the possible Vitamin D link to BV! I realize I have different symptoms if I stop taking some vitamins, I actually stopped taking Vitamin D cuz I mean I had to cut the cost somewhere (along with other more costly vitamins, every penny counts) because I figured I get enough sun outdoors as it is cuz my little guy demands the outdoor life. Let me know what you find out!!!!!

My twinny twin: I will definitely check out FemFlora. Thanks for posting this! I am all for anything that will save me money!!!!

+Quote Post
SpRiNkLeS
post Apr 10 2008, 11:04 PM
Post #1765

BUSTie

Hey ladies!

Hmmm, so I haven’t checked in here in like a week. It’s been interesting reading what worked for some of you BV free gals, thanks for the tips. Anyway so last night I screwed up my life again. I kinda sorta ummmmmm, like you know……..made myself feel better. Ok so we’re all adults here. I masturbated. Well the point here is that now today I’m gettin ammonia whiffs. My body thinks I actually had sex!!! What the frick?!!!!! I didn’t even get to enjoy a live penis, what the hell!!!!!!!!!! I’m practicing celibacy, I have no time whatsoever for a boyfriend right now plus I want this shit gone completely before I get reacquainted with the penis. I’m getting all antsy now, I mean talk about wantin some man. I DREAM of a nice, throbbing penis. Seriously though a couple days ago I had floating penises throughout the dream!! It’s horrible I’m like all undressing guys with my eyes now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So they totally think I want it you know? Uugh. I so need some though, you know? I just don’t want the drama attached.

I guess it’s back to the old TTO again. When I woke up this morning I made an appointment with my new doctor because I want to switch up my BC again after getting some horror stories for the one I’m on. Also I need something better to take away my sex drive….celibacy ain’t easy. This time I’m asking for a metrogel prescription. I know, I know. I really shouldn’t but hey, I lasted as long as I could. It worked so well and long last time, the only reason why I feel my body didn’t get a chance to balance out the hormones is because I stopped taking BC AND also forgot to continue with the Acidophilus due to busy schedules. This time I want to give the Fem D another shot in addition to the Acidophilus, especially after all the success stories I just read. Only problem is the next available appointment is not for another month. WHAT! I want it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really liked this new doctor the last time, I got in way sooner too. Oh and he gives me whatever prescriptions I want. He’s hella coooooooooooool!!!!!

So anyway keep up the suggestions, I went a little under budget last month so whoop! Whoop! I think I’ll go on a vitamin spree!!!

Oh yeah. I want to welcome all the newbies that I haven’t personally said Hi to yet: Sooo sad, Tabby, Damselindistress, Ladylyn. Hi girls!!! Welcome and never feel embarrassed to share, you just might be helping someone else. We all need as much info as we can get.

+Quote Post
kristen
post Apr 10 2008, 08:49 PM
Post #1766

BUSTie

dont have to much to say, i'm just so freakin bored. been like sitting here doing nothin not even watching tv for hours. not really any updates with my stink puss. nothin is to bad but its never quite right either. i'm just finishing up my period, no major hang ups with that. still taking the warm fem d sometimes once a day and sometimes twice just seems like i can't ever remember. i did stop taking the birth control i think like right when i got to the last set of pills the placebo pills or whatever. i'm really looking forward to a sex drive again now that my vag isn't so nasty. but we will see what happens if i start having sex regularly again. would be nice to get my boyfriend off my back thats for sure. i deffinataly need to get some fem d that did not get warm and see what happens with that.

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Apr 10 2008, 08:18 PM
Post #1767

BUSTie

QUOTE(sooo sad @ Apr 10 2008, 07:06 PM) *
maggie,

when you say that you phased out boric acid...how long was that process?

thanks,
sooo sad

It was over a period of months--like about 3, I think. But it did the trick when NOTHING else worked for me.

Maggie

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Apr 10 2008, 05:49 PM
Post #1768

Hardcore BUSTie

maggie,

when you say that you phased out boric acid...how long was that process?

thanks,
sooo sad

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Apr 9 2008, 05:44 PM
Post #1769

BUSTie

QUOTE(tabby @ Apr 9 2008, 09:32 AM) *
I have two questions, if you all do not mind?

Does anyone else here have that horrible burning?

***thank you in advance***

This was my story for about a year. What FINALLY helped me was figuring out (in tandem with my late gyn) that the burning was caused by a yeast infection comprised of non-Albicans Candida. The species I was infected with are very resistant to most all yeast-infection medications, even Diflucan. What finally helped was stearing clear of Flagyl (which encourages yeast growth) and using boric acid vaginally, then re-populating the vagina with the correct strains of Lactobacilli. This was before Fem-Dophilus was available in the USA. It was called Ombe in Europe. I had to get friends who lived in Austria to buy it for me & mail it to me. But that one-two punch did the trick. My gyn had a compounding pharmacy make up 300-mg. capsules of boric acid to use once every night for two weeks, vaginally. (Most "recipes" say to use 600-mg. to fill a capsule, but my gyn agreed that the "European method" of just using 300-mg. should work fine.) A pantyliner is necessary when using boric acid, since it drips out over time.
I was afraid of putting something with the name ACID into my already burning-with-fire vagina, but it actually felt soothing as it dissolved/melted in there.

After things cleared up, I continued taking the Ombe (now called Fem-Dophilus), and used a boric acid capsule 2x per week and a 1/2 of a tea tree oil suppository on alternate days. As time went on, I phased out the boric acid completely, and used the 1/2 tea tree oil suppository 2x per week. Now, 18 months or more later, I still do maintenance by using Estrace estrogen cream vaginally every other day, and Sylk lubricant (pH=4.7) on alternate days.

I hear you about the too-burny-for-sex stuff too. We abstained at least 15 months from start to finish. Good thing I had an understanding husband!

Hope this helps! Hang in there!
Maggie

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Apr 9 2008, 05:37 PM
Post #1770

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(CarrieBradshaw @ Apr 9 2008, 12:37 PM) *
Quick Question -- do any of you have a thyroid problem? Hyperthyroidism runs in my family and I've heard it's linked to many hormonal problems. I'm going to get mine checked soon and I'm wondering if it has something to do with my BV. Let me know if any of you have thyroid conditions.

Thanks!

Yes, I'm sure many BV cases are linked to imbalanced hormones. I am slightly hypothyroid. I was on Synthroid last year, then stopped taking it, and am getting re tested next week so that the doctor knows which strength of pill to prescribe to me. In case my levels changed.

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Apr 9 2008, 05:26 PM
Post #1771

BUSTie

QUOTE(sooo sad @ Apr 9 2008, 02:15 PM) *
hey maggie,

i was wondering where do you order your sylk from? i looked on sylkonline.com but it's kinda expensive. i didn't know if i could trust the other websites...don't want to order a knock off...

thanks,
sooo sad

That's where I get mine--I buy two at a time--there is usually a discount if one does that. It's expensive, but there are no other lubricants of the correct pH out there! And the ingredients are natural & very mild. I LOVE it!!
Worth every penny.

Hugs,
Maggie wink.gif

+Quote Post
kinkaju
post Apr 9 2008, 05:12 PM
Post #1772

BUSTie

QUOTE(tabby @ Apr 9 2008, 10:32 AM) *
I'm seeing something new about Reuteri. I called every single HFS in town and no one seems to know what it is!

I was taking a probiotic called Reuteri a few years ago when I was having recurring yeast issues. I found it in the refrigerated section of Mrs. Green's Natural Market, near where I live. In fact, I saw the same exact kind just last week when I went into that store.

This is the one I took: http://www.potentherbs.com/shop/reuteri-naturesway.html

--------------------

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Apr 9 2008, 01:49 PM
Post #1773

Hardcore BUSTie

hi neverending...
i'm new and i was wondering how you got rid of this bv from hell? i'm trying to get ideas from ladies who have beaten this horrible condition. hopefully i can join you, lori, and the other ladies that have won this terrible battle. i started on fem d. and it's better and the discharge is less but was wondering what do you do for maintenance, if you do.
thanks in advance,
sooo sad

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Apr 9 2008, 12:58 PM
Post #1774

Hardcore BUSTie

hey maggie,

i was wondering where do you order your sylk from? i looked on sylkonline.com but it's kinda expensive. i didn't know if i could trust the other websites...don't want to order a knock off...

thanks,
sooo sad

+Quote Post
tabby
post Apr 9 2008, 10:48 AM
Post #1775

BUSTie

QUOTE(CarrieBradshaw @ Apr 9 2008, 04:37 PM) *
Quick Question -- do any of you have a thyroid problem? Hyperthyroidism runs in my family and I've heard it's linked to many hormonal problems. I'm going to get mine checked soon and I'm wondering if it has something to do with my BV. Let me know if any of you have thyroid conditions.

Thanks!

Hi Carrie, (Love your screen name) smile.gif

I just had a thyroid panel done back in February, plus some blood work for Diabetes. I'm getting up there in age so they run these tests every year.
Everything came back as normal. But you are correct that thyroid issues affects hormones.

I also wanted to include in this post that, after researching the past hour, I came across another post where a woman said she believed her BV to be linked to seasonal allergies. And that when she took her allergy medication, the BV went away.

I'm not certain of the rules around here but I'd be happy to link that post, in case it's of any help to any one.

+Quote Post
CarrieBradshaw
post Apr 9 2008, 10:20 AM
Post #1776

BUSTie

Thanks!

+Quote Post
tabby
post Apr 9 2008, 08:15 AM
Post #1777

BUSTie

Hello Ladies,

I return here after a lengthy absence with a heavy heart.

Last year I began a battle with chronic BV. Pelvic achiness, wretched smell, itching (mild), but the worst of all....the continual BURNING. Burning when I sit, walk, pee...and I literally lost my mind. The doctors I saw, gave up on me and suggested I start taking an antidepressant instead of worrying about my vagina.

I was on every pill and remedy listed throughout many posts on the thread. I don't know what happened. After three straight months of burning, I had a nervous breakdown one night, cried, threw things, and woke up the next day and it was gone. I have NO idea what made it go but it was just gone....until it came back in February this year. Same symptoms, same burning.

Took a worthless trip to the doctor to get flagyl. I knew that the infection was so far gone, I needed something because I felt some chills.

Well, this time the flagyl did nada, but take the chills away. In fact, the burning increased while on the medicine! And so did the yellowish to clear discharge. After being on 1000 mg a day of this, and feeling sick - you know that feeling flagyl gives you....I decided to try Pau d' arco tea, goldenseal, and oil of oregano. Still, no improvement.

I have two questions, if you all do not mind?

Does anyone else here have that horrible burning?

Does this candigen /genestra stuff work for anyone?

I am really short on cash, and I just can't plop down more money on something that's not going to work.

I'm seeing something new about Reuteri. I called every single HFS in town and no one seems to know what it is!

- sign me, desperate as hell, pissed off, and tired of not being able to be intimate with my husband

***thank you in advance***

+Quote Post
lisabon
post Apr 8 2008, 08:35 PM
Post #1778

Thanks CanCan and Lori for the quick reply.

Well, looks like I spoke too soon. My discharge returned, but it's just slightly. It's at least 90% better than what I had to endure 3 days ago so I'm not complaining much. I dunno, this may be a stupid question, but how do you know if the capsule has been disolved fully or even if it's stuck up there? I mean, I currently have no irritation, I don't feel funny up there or anything. I know when I took the Yeast Arrest, the discharge from the capsule itself was severe and noticable. There hasn't been a lot of discharge since I put the FemD cap up there Monday. Does that mean it hasn't disolved yet?

+Quote Post
mg86
post Apr 8 2008, 06:52 PM
Post #1779

BUSTie

well ladies wish me luck!! in reference to my post from earlier today - I called CVS about the Flagyl and as if by some miracle I still had a refill left!!! It has been almost a year since the last time I took it so I was very surprised. It was for 4 tablets as one dose. Well I just swallowed all 4 pills and it was AWFUL...the taste is seriously one of the most disgusting things I can imagine..it gives me chills just thinking about it! It is still lingering in my mouth but I'm crossing my fingers this will work for me. I'm going to begin taking the femdoph 2x a day tomorrow, probably for about 3 weeks. I haven't had sex in months, so I don't have to worry about a partner re-infecting me or anything right now. I HOPE THIS WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Apr 8 2008, 03:28 PM
Post #1780

Hardcore BUSTie

F.D.A. approval is a wonderful thing to have, yes. But my boyfriend's penis does not FDA approval, and I let it go inside my vagina every night! Just trying to crack a joke.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 87 88 89 90 91 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 25, 2014 - 01:48 AM