The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

38 Pages V  « < 31 32 33 34 35 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> large breast support group (cuz we actually need it!)
kickitkickitkick...
post Jan 19 2007, 09:16 PM
Post #641

BUSTie

I saw both small and large breast support group threads and I'm not large chested or small chested, I believe I fall somewhere in between.. I'm not so sure about many resources for small breasts, however women who are more voluptuous should check out:

Cacique.

Many of my friends shop there and it seems like they make some good quality bras and lingerie.

--------------------
The most beautiful woman on this planet!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bustygirl
post Jan 12 2007, 10:30 AM
Post #642

Hardcore BUSTie

Ann's Bra Shop, which you can google, sells some of the best bras around, and they go all he way up to like, K or L. They're local here, but they are online. I don't know what their return policy is, so you might need to get fitted professionally (NOT at Victoria's Secret) before you shop.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jan 12 2007, 12:31 AM
Post #643

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

i need some advice when it comes to measuring my bra size. For the past 8 or so years, I've been wearing a VS 38C. I need a new round of bras and was going to try out Lands End. I thought maybe it was time to re-measure myself. I've always measured by measuring under the breast to get the band size, then around the fullest part and whatever the difference is, is the cup size. I went to Lands End's site and here's their directions:

STEP 1: Measure around your rib cage at the bottom of your current bra (keep the tape taut and level). Add 5" for your correct bra band size (32, 34, etc).

STEP 2: Measure around the fullest part of the bust. Keep the tape parallel to the ground and do not pull too tight.

STEP 3: To determine cup size, subtract the band measurement (Step 1) from the bust measurement (Step 2). Compare the difference to the table below.

1" 2" 3" 4"
A cup B cup C cup D cup

I've never heard of this adding 5" business....By that logic, I'm a 44A or B since I'm about 39" around the underside (plus 5 is 44) and the fullest part is 46.

Their bras look comfy (and they're on sale right now!) but the sizing seems weird.

What's the place you recommend, missladyj? I'm in the Chicago area.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
ericamamerica
post Jan 10 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #644

BUSTie

Thanks for the tips LoveMyPugs and bustygirl - I'll start expanding my bra horizons and search out new alternatives. I have heard of Bare Essentials, I've bought merchandise (panties, actually) though them through Amazon.com. I'll look for a store near where I am located.

My breasts grew from a 34B to a 34C when I first started birth control at age 18. They stayed that size, more or less, even when I was working out all the time. I stopped taking birth control from last March until August, and they were still a C but just not as full. I got into a comitted relationship and back on birth control in October, so perhaps that may account for the recent spurt. LoL, who knows. Guess none of us women are agonizing over implants, at least.

+Quote Post
p_176
post Jan 10 2007, 08:21 AM
Post #645

Hardcore BUSTie

i'm fully aware that i'm not wearing the greatest bra (something i bought at target), but i'm a 38D, and i want a reduction, but i'm going to drop 50lbs then see where i'm at. hopefully they'll go down by themselves. but it seems like no matter what size bra i wear, nothing supports them, they are so heavy. should i just be patient until i lose some more weight, or is there something else i can do in the meantime?

+Quote Post
bustygirl
post Jan 10 2007, 08:08 AM
Post #646

Hardcore BUSTie

erica - VS products are godawful. You will have to buy new bras that often if you buy from them because they're made poorly and cheaply. You'd be better off buying from bra manufacturers like Vanity Fair or Goddess or Bali, most of which can be found in the larger department stores like Macy's or Dillard's.

Victoria's Secret has a very lush look to their stores, which totally belies the slapdash construction of their merchandise.

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Jan 10 2007, 07:35 AM
Post #647

erica-

I went to a specialty lingerie store called Bare Essentials on Route 202 in Wilmington, DE years ago and I was wearing a 36D. The minute the lady saw me she said you are wearing a bra that is way to small for you. She took me into the changing room and sized me. She said I was more like a 40FF. She started bring bras in for me to try on and she showed me how to get the most of my boobs into the cup for maximum support by bending over when I put my bra on. Pulling my breasts from the side to the center. I bought five bras between $50 and $60 each and they lasted me almost a year and a half. However, I hand wash mine in room temperature water with Dawn Original dish soap. This is what they recommended because it’s gentle and cuts through the body oils and deodorant. I lay them out or hang them to dry. Usually I do this on Sunday night before I go to bed and they are dry Monday morning when I get up to start my day. I have friends who buy bras and they think they spend money on them until I tell them what I spend on mine. I know most people think that hand washing is time consuming and I guess it is a little but you will extend the life out of your bras if you hand wash. I used to own Victoria’s secret bras and they would fall apart in the dryer and I personally don’t think they are very good quality. They bras I buy now are not the most pretty but they look great under my clothes. My man thinks I look great and natural in my shirts. Even my mom, who is the hardest one to impress with something new, thinks they make me look great. I have all my friends going to the store now. We usually all go together. It’s fun. They place is really friendly and the ladies who work there are silly and make it a fun experience. They also make bras for smaller ladies. I sent my mom there once who is a 32A and she had a great time. She never wore under wire until she went to Bare Essentials. It’s a much more personal experience. To tell you the truth, now that I have found the bras I like and the sizes that fit the best I might buy them online at Her Room.com cause they are a little cheaper there. Or I might just continue to go to Bare Essentials for the atmosphere. Just my experience over the last few years with bras.

+Quote Post
laurenann
post Jan 10 2007, 06:00 AM
Post #648

Hardcore BUSTie

My boobs have been 34DD's for a few years - I'm 24 - I remember switching to DD early in college, but I think it was because I realized I was spilling out of D cups. Anyway, don't your boobs go up and down as your loose and gain weight, get pregnant and give birth, go through menopause, etc?

A while back someone here mentioned the Gillian O'Malley bras at Target. I bought a few the other day, and I am happy with them so far. I got unlined full coverage cotton. They look nice and the straps aren't too thick. They were only $12.99 each, but we will see how they hold up in the wash.

+Quote Post
ericamamerica
post Jan 9 2007, 11:38 PM
Post #649

BUSTie

Well, I don't have the largest boobs out there - there are millions of women with larger breasts than I have. BUT.

Today I went into Victorias Secret (because of the sale going on) and tried on a 34C, my usual size. I wasn't sure if the bra was fitting right (same with the bras I already own) so I asked an attendant to size me. She first measured me out to be a 34DD or 34D, I gawked at the mention of DD - there is no way I'm a DD. Even I know that. She then brought out the box of 34Ds to try on. And I saw how a bra is supposed to fit!

I'm a college student, so I can't afford to buy new bras "every six months" as the Victorias Secret store employees so cheerfully recommend - so it's been for-ev-er since I have even tried on bras. Now when I try on the 34D bra I purchased today, I can see the difference. In my 34C bras, I'm spilling out a bit on the sides and mostly on the inside - but I guess I really didn't realize since I've been wearing push-up bras and thought ALL THAT CLEVAGE was normal. 34Ds were much more comfortable. Looks like I'll have to invest in some new bras and stock up on my actual size. I'm a little weirded out considering that I turned 22 in September and figured my breasts were done growing. I guess not!

I know breasts are always changing size/shape ect, but when did some of your breasts stop growing? I'm 5'6'' and weigh 135, I have a small frame, so that makes them look larger on me. I was a "late bloomer" and was the last out of all of my girl friends to develop breasts - I used to pray for bigger breasts!

Looks like I prayed a little too hard! haha.

+Quote Post
angelle321
post Jan 6 2007, 12:26 PM
Post #650

Hardcore BUSTie

I had mostly given up on Frederick's since I started needing larger bras, as everything I order seems to fit weird and/or be lumpy or pointy. But I love this bra. I only wear it once in a while because I want it to last but I'm thinking of ordering one or two more.

+Quote Post
Mandy
post Jan 3 2007, 07:23 PM
Post #651

So recently Victoria's Secret has been getting better with sizes. In middle school (all of 8-ish years ago) I got my first great fitting bra there. At that point I was, according to their sizing a 34D. I've just about lived in that store since, trying on every new bra and hoping that as I grew they would too. I, in probably in the last two months or so, have purchased two new bras there and I'm very impressed. One is The Body and the other is the Very Sexy Convertible Pushup.

It just seems like they're starting to increase their sizes, since this time last year (the girls were just about the same size) I tried on every 34DD and 36DD bra in the store. I was dangerously spilling out of the 34s and had way too much extra band on from the 36s.

But now I've found 3 or 4 34DDs that fit! It's a miracle!!! And they even look nice. Like if I'm feeling like intentionally showing some cleavage my bra stays hidden. I know I'm on the cheaper side, but I do hate spending $50 on a bra. But now that those two are all I've been wearing lately I think I can justify the expense.

So I hope this might help some of you on the smaller end of the large end (does that make sense?!) find some sexy stuff tongue.gif

+Quote Post
ingenue
post Dec 30 2006, 03:11 PM
Post #652

hey there-
Yeah I had a coworker a few years back who shall remain nameless who was really vocal about my chest she would always tell me i need to look into a reduction and tell me what i should wear, I mean it would be different if I asked for advice but in this case I had not. It made me really uncomfortable that she took it upon herself to constantly talk about it..
Anyone have advice on how to be able to wear thin strapped clothing and be comfortable? probably not but a girl can dream.

+Quote Post
erinjane
post Dec 29 2006, 04:15 PM
Post #653

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(shinyx3 @ Dec 29 2006, 09:51 AM) *

(delurks) when someone in here actually does open a shop for clothing with room for boobs it must be an internet site so we can all have a place to shop. i end up wearing sweaters that are too big a great deal of the time. (returns to lurking but will continue to wach for any great sites and wish i had some to offer)

I agree. I'm really petite everywhere else and tons of shirts and sweaters that I love the look of never fit because they're way too short on me because of the rack. tongue.gif

--------------------
I Could Tell You Stories That Would Make Your Ears Curl

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Dec 29 2006, 12:03 PM
Post #654

Hardcore BUSTie

ingune,
I have always thought that victorias secret bras were for the itty bitty titty committee and they really don't make bras that fit us. Have you ever gone to a shop and been sized? If you are in chicago I can recommend a great shop that where the salseladies will work with you and find a bra that fits you perfectly which can take some time. That may help. A good bra can really improve your posture.

I am not a fan of the minimizer. People pay good money to get what we have naturally!

+Quote Post
shinyx3
post Dec 29 2006, 09:34 AM
Post #655

go ahead . . . push the button!

(delurks) when someone in here actually does open a shop for clothing with room for boobs it must be an internet site so we can all have a place to shop. i end up wearing sweaters that are too big a great deal of the time. (returns to lurking but will continue to wach for any great sites and wish i had some to offer)

--------------------
"Razors pain you; rivers are damp; acids stain you; and drugs cause cramp. Guns aren't lawful; nooses give; gas smells awful; you might as well live."

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Dec 21 2006, 02:30 PM
Post #656

Hardcore BUSTie

we love you too, luci, and your boobs! good luck shopping.

+Quote Post
lucizoe
post Dec 21 2006, 11:21 AM
Post #657

Mr. Flibble's very cross.

Gah. You know what sucks? Being called a tramp and a slut because one's breasts are large. Come ON people! Cuteoverload occasionally posts pics to a Cats n' Racks category, exactly what it sounds like. One woman was vilified, called a slut, tramp, hussy, etc., while a smaller-boobed counterpart was applauded for such a tasteful picture. What the hell? Sorry that some of us have cleavage which cannot be contained by even the best-fitted of tops. Clearly we are whores.

Man, I am pissed off today.

*minor teenage flashback*

So...I've gained some weight back, naturally, and now all my bras are too small. I hate clothes shopping with an all-consuming passion equal only to my hatred of shoe shopping, so I'm riding it out, but yargh is it uncomfy.

I'm just sick of the human race in general, I think. Except busties.

+Quote Post
JenJen511
post Dec 20 2006, 08:06 PM
Post #658

Hello Ladies... wasn't looking for this group, but I happen to run across you by accident... must have been fate. I'm a size 10 with 36DDs. I don't have any back pain or anything, but what little boobed people think are wonderful really aren't all they are cracked up to be. I too have broad shoulders, boobs that look like they could pop out at any moment, and trouble finding shirts all together. My female boss (probabably has a large B Cup) talks about my chest all the time... talk about irritating... sometimes I just want to punch her rolleyes.gif

I gained weight a few years ago, and they shot up to 38D, I lost 25 pounds, none of which was in my chest. I gained weight again, and they shot to 38DD ohmy.gif I just lost 30 pounds, which i plan to keep off, and I'm only at 36DD... Do they ever get smaller??????

Wow... that felt good blink.gif

Happy holidays smile.gif

+Quote Post
ingenue
post Dec 2 2006, 02:53 AM
Post #659

late night internet has brought me to you all... well that and my D cups... I am of small frame and just not built for them!
I get constant nagging back knots despite the fact that I wear a minimizer with a heavy duty sports bra over it.

Either that or the new victoria secret max. shock absorbing sports bra *It supports nicely but the straps tend to ride inward toward my neck and the racer back support makes it fairly impossible to wear anything delicate or open back.

I am writing to introduce myself as well as for advice.

question 1. Anyone else have to wear a sports bra to bed? I have since I was a preteen.
2. Please please I would love to know where to get a good selection of minimizers. *preferable in person online browsing is fun but this is the kind of thing I would like to try on first.
Ladies pleased to meet you & thank you in advance for any help <3

+Quote Post
anna k
post Nov 30 2006, 09:15 AM
Post #660

Hardcore BUSTie

I felt shitty reading Star magazine yesterday and seeing a rundown of what sizes stars are. A size 10 was attributed to Megan Mullally, Oprah, America Ferrara, Venus Williams, and Gabrielle Reece. The smaller sizes were for the more glamourous stars, and it surprised me that Jessica Alba was listed as a 0.

Having triple-Ds can make me feel like they add weight to me, that I look bigger in photographs because of them. I'm a size 10, and having big breasts added can make me feel bigger than I am.

+Quote Post

38 Pages V  « < 31 32 33 34 35 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 31, 2014 - 07:55 PM