The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

35 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> i am gonna miss 'em....(the so and so just died thread)
anna k
post Dec 21 2009, 09:05 PM
Post #41

Hardcore BUSTie

Also - I loved her voice. Faster Kill Pussycat is amazing. And I loved that Carly Simon song she sang in Little Black Book. I have it on my iPod.

Me too! I have both of those songs on my mixes. She had a really sweet, childlike, unique quality to her singing voice when singing the Carly Simon song, and a raspy, sexy voice on that club song. I don't know anyone else who was into her as a singer, but I really liked her voice, it was all hers.

I always liked her, even if she wasn't popular in recent years. She seemed so sweet, funny, quirky, genuine, and had a cool quality about her. I was so sad yesterday, and I don't get sad much about celebrity deaths, but I am about this one.

On Alaina Reed-Hall, I loved watching Sesame Street as a kid, but never paid attention to the human actors, the puppets dominated everything. I liked 227 a lot as a kid, even if I didn't follow the plotline (or was too young to get the jokes). It had a nice atmosphere of women being friends and laughing with each other and hanging out on the stoop just chilling and talking shit.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Dec 21 2009, 07:42 PM
Post #42

brown delicious

RIP Alaina Reed-Hall

I wonder who the third will be...

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
rogue
post Dec 21 2009, 06:07 AM
Post #43

Hardcore BUSTie

=( I really liked Britanny Murphy. Have you ever been asked that weird question, "Who would you want to play you if your life was made into a movie?" Well, she was always who I chose. I don't know. I just think that I'm a little odd and she could do odd really well (eg: Girl, Interrupted and Don't Say A Word). It's pretty sad that she's gone.

I also don't follow Ashton Kutcher on my Twitter but I saw that he wrote something really nice about her. So did John Stamos (who I do follow and would also love to marry/fuck/whatever).

Thirty-two really is too young to die. I don't even know what could have happened but I think she might have had an ED too. She was just so skinny - and seemed to get skinnier as time went on.

Also - I loved her voice. Faster Kill Pussycat is amazing. And I loved that Carly Simon song she sang in Little Black Book. I have it on my iPod.

Sigh. R.I.P.

--------------------
Vixi liber et moriar.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Dec 20 2009, 10:48 PM
Post #44

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Yeah, it's too bad. I've heard rumors of an eating disorder and rumors that she had a known heart problem.

I guess SNL had a skit a couple weeks ago making fun of her? Because she got let go from a role in a movie. Niiiice.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Dec 20 2009, 08:43 PM
Post #45

sassygrrl

Damn. sad.gif

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Dec 20 2009, 08:07 PM
Post #46

brown delicious

RIP Brittnay Murphy sad.gif

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Dec 20 2009, 02:06 PM
Post #47

(o)(o)

Crap, she did Faster Kill PussyCat with Paul Oakenfold and I really liked her in Sin City.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
thepointybird
post Dec 20 2009, 01:40 PM
Post #48

Hardcore BUSTie

32 is far too young, RIP Brittany.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Dec 20 2009, 01:33 PM
Post #49

Big Fat Bitch

I found this quote when I was looking to see if the rumor is legit:

"I am also way too high-strung," she continues. "I can't even take a Sudafed. Can you imagine? My God. I think my heart would explode. I mean, literally something terrible. That's awful.''

Yikes.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Dec 20 2009, 01:20 PM
Post #50

PANTIES! ew.

Wow, really? That's fucked. Was she on drugs? I only ever saw her in Clueless. Wasn't impressed when she got her lips injected full of shit and married some dude old enough to be her dad. I guess we'll find out in another day if it's just a rumor or real. TMZ is a gossip site, isn't it?

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Dec 20 2009, 01:07 PM
Post #51

Big Fat Bitch

So they're saying Brittany Murphy died of cardiac arrest this morning. TMZ & HuffPo.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Nov 5 2009, 07:56 AM
Post #52

it's cards on the table time

laugh.gif I know what you mean CH, I had exactly the same reaction!

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Nov 4 2009, 10:26 AM
Post #53

(o)(o)

I was actually surprised to learn that he was still alive. After he died, that is. Well, you know where I'm going with this.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Nov 4 2009, 10:15 AM
Post #54

it's cards on the table time

Wow. RIP Levi-Strauss, you kicked off a lot of interesting intellectual investigations...

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Nov 4 2009, 08:45 AM
Post #55

(o)(o)

Claude Levi-Strauss, the anthropologist who made the move away from societies being "primitive" died at the age of 100.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 23 2009, 01:46 PM
Post #56

Big Fat Bitch

Goodbye, Soupy Sales.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Oct 20 2009, 07:57 AM
Post #57

sassygrrl

I think I read one or two. She seemed really cute.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Oct 19 2009, 11:37 AM
Post #58

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

YA author Norma Fox Mazer died.

I could have sworn I read some of her books when I was a kid, but looking through her titles and their summaries, nothing seemed familiar. sad.gif

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 14 2009, 11:05 AM
Post #59

Big Fat Bitch

Friend of the divine Cyndi Lauper, Captain Lou Albano has died.

--------------------

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Sep 27 2009, 07:40 AM
Post #60

PANTIES! ew.

RIP, pianist Alicia de Larrocha, proving that small hands can indeed overcome their supposed limitations.

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 28, 2014 - 11:21 PM