The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 38 39 40 41 42 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
lost_1312
post Mar 18 2009, 09:37 PM
Post #781

Hello Ladies! I have spent the last 3 days reading all 230 pages and have learned more than I could've possibly imagine! I feel like I know you all and to see ladies like Sassy & Jewels & Neverending still on here to support those of us that haven't yet beaten this horrific battle brings tears to my eyes. I hope that one day I can say that I am NORMAL again and I will continue to do what I can to enlighten the ones that are still fighting for relief. Anyhoo.. I have been dealing with chronic vaginal infections including BV, yeast, & strep for almost a year now. I, like many on here, have been on every antibiotic and antifungal medicine known to man with NO cure. But, after reading all that I have I am starting the FemD and estrogen today! I am currently not taking any antibiotic because Im waiting for my culture to come back to see what I have this time!!!! Woo Hoo! But my dr read all that I have researched and agreed that the estrogen may help me because I have had a hysterectomy although I do still have an ovary. I will keep you all posted how it goes. But just a little about me... Im 29 years old, have 2 children, in a relationship for the last year and a half & live in Idaho.
Love to all~
Amber
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Mar 18 2009, 03:19 PM
Post #782

QUOTE(horror_movie @ Mar 18 2009, 03:30 PM) *
Having post in a while but i had to update you all with what's been going on with me.I JUST GOT OFF MY PERIOD AND DECIDED TO USE REPHRESH. I put the rephresh applicator far up inside hoping to get a better result and I think I hit something because when I pull the applicator out I started feeling abdominal pain AND A LIL BIT A BLOOD WAS ON THE APPLICATOR. The next day i started bleeding like i got my period again but this is the longest bleeding i ever have. I've been bleeding for over 20 days no lie!!!! I went to the doctor and told her what been happen they took blood from me to do a blood count to see if I'm anemia!!! SHE DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AS MUCH BECAUSE I WAS A WALK IN AND SHE HAD SO MUCH OTHER PATIENTS. I CAN BLEED TO DEATH AND AS I WRITE THIS RIGHT NOW I'M STILL BLEEDING. OH YEAH SHE GAVE ME 500 MG 4 PILL TAKE ALL AT ONCE FLAGYL AGAIN THAT SHIT TASTE SO SO DISGUSTING I WANTED TO VOMIT AND FAINT.
WHY IS DOCTOR SO UNEDUCATED ON BV AND TRICH? WHY WHY WHY??????

I feel really concerned about your health. From what I know, you have a hemorrhoid, bacterial vaginosis, and now, persistent bleeding from your vagina. You need to go to an emergency room. I'm afraid you may have something more serious like pelvic inflammatory disease. Three of the symptoms of PID are irregular menstrual bleeding, abdominal pain and a foul odorous discharge.

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Mar 18 2009, 02:30 PM
Post #783

BUSTie

Having post in a while but i had to update you all with what's been going on with me.I JUST GOT OFF MY PERIOD AND DECIDED TO USE REPHRESH. I put the rephresh applicator far up inside hoping to get a better result and I think I hit something because when I pull the applicator out I started feeling abdominal pain AND A LIL BIT A BLOOD WAS ON THE APPLICATOR. The next day i started bleeding like i got my period again but this is the longest bleeding i ever have. I've been bleeding for over 20 days no lie!!!! I went to the doctor and told her what been happen they took blood from me to do a blood count to see if I'm anemia!!! SHE DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AS MUCH BECAUSE I WAS A WALK IN AND SHE HAD SO MUCH OTHER PATIENTS. I CAN BLEED TO DEATH AND AS I WRITE THIS RIGHT NOW I'M STILL BLEEDING. OH YEAH SHE GAVE ME 500 MG 4 PILL TAKE ALL AT ONCE FLAGYL AGAIN THAT SHIT TASTE SO SO DISGUSTING I WANTED TO VOMIT AND FAINT.

WHY IS DOCTOR SO UNEDUCATED ON BV AND TRICH? WHY WHY WHY??????

+Quote Post
dani1983
post Mar 17 2009, 10:48 PM
Post #784

BUSTie

QUOTE(ebony @ Mar 17 2009, 12:50 PM) *
ome say it reacts differently to NEW people

I think this is true. I think my BV started when I started hooking up with my ex. I think my hoohah was taking care of me! by getting BV it wanted to tell me that that boy was a bad one wink.gif
It stopped after I left him (I also took some flagyl, but weirdly enough it def stopped when I stopped having sex with him). Havent had it since then, not even with my new bf.
As a side note, my ex used to smoke a LOT, LOT of weed. I wonder if that's what triggered it..hmmm.

+Quote Post
antonia
post Mar 17 2009, 03:30 PM
Post #785

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Mar 5 2009, 03:36 PM) *
Hey Antonia,
I'm curious, have you been taking the yogurt or any probiotic supplements vaginally?

No, just eating it.

In the past I have taken it vaginally, but the probiotic supplements worked better and less messy, but also more expensive.

+Quote Post
ebony
post Mar 17 2009, 12:50 PM
Post #786

QUOTE(candycane_girl @ Mar 15 2009, 01:46 PM) *
If you have BV, is the smell constant? Or is it just on certain days? Because some days I don't smell so bad. I'm still going to have to ask a doctor though.

no depends on the person however for most people the smell is always there, especially when your having intercourse.

Ive had BV for 4 years and as people have said it doesnt go away. it contiuously comes back. sometimes not as often but hey its still there. Doctors like what has been mentioned are not really educated about B.V. and tend to turn a blind eye to it because they consider it like your commen cold or sickness nothing life threatning or of any interest unless they find a break through product that will cure it for good and help them make millions. THIS BV SHIT has no frikkin sense of time it always comes when you go to have sex or your smell it after. I make a joke and call it a cock blocker. but i find my boyfriend of 3 years i never experience it with yet if i find a new partner (Post break up) it comes about. some say it reacts differently to NEW people. yet im back with my Ex and havent had it in months. THAN again i dont know if its that or the fact that even if i dont have it i take the pill for 2 days in a month. just in case. THANK GOD for CANADA and free health care and presciptions because i could imagine how much it costs those who have to pay or that tries to find another solution. Anywhoo. i been doing some internet research and i found a book that "Claims it can cure it for good" now im a cynic and very skeptical so i will be digging into this but it doesnt hurt to try and the woman had the same problems as us and has done alot of research and she has it spot on. havent got the book but i will be doing so today. just wanted yto leave this link her for others to look because i know how much of a pain in the ass this shit is and how embarassing so im gonna try to find ways to help others too. and after i try any methods and they work unlike other successful ppl who forget to share it with other sufferrers i most definitely will share my success story with others IF IT WORKS

CHECK THIS WEBSITE www.bvcures.com and see what u think. doesnt hurt to try

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Mar 15 2009, 12:46 PM
Post #787

Hardcore BUSTie

If you have BV, is the smell constant? Or is it just on certain days? Because some days I don't smell so bad. I'm still going to have to ask a doctor though.

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Mar 9 2009, 04:25 PM
Post #788

QUOTE(Mydaywillcome @ Mar 9 2009, 01:11 PM) *
Hello everyone, I have been reading the posts for months and I can relate to many of the stories that i have heard, I believe My BV started with the use of Birth Control, I have not found a cure yet, but I am still trying, the last thing that I have tried was the estroil supp., which hasn't worked completely for me, I was thinking about getting on a different type of BC to get my hormones back on track b/c i too believe that my issue is related to hormons. I am 22 and sometimes it feels like i'm have hot flashes (LOL), but my main reason for the post is b/c i read some post when people were saying that they usually smelled like fish when they ate fish or other foods and I just wanted to let them know that they should really look into something called TMAU(just google it).Thanks everyone...I hope we all find our cures

Hey-o,
Your theory about birth control causing your bacterial vaginosis is likely true. After I've read some health articles on birth control and it's effects, it's safe to say taking birth control could possibly cause bacterial vaginosis or other forms of vaginitis. Apparently, the birth control that is placed into the vagina is more likely to cause a vaginal infection of some sort. The articles I read are listed below:
    1. eMedicine - Vaginal Infections
    2. Women's Health - Bacterial Vaginosis - Frequently Ask Questions
    3. FDA - Birth Control Guide
    4. MayoClinic - Birth Control Guide (Very good source, great information)

I noticed that you mentioned something like your having "hot flashes," a woman told me that she felt as if she had hot air coming out of her vagina, it's totally normal. It's just a compression of air and moisture. This can be bad if you have a vaginal infection, after all, yeast and bacteria thrive in warm moist conditions. This is also why I suggest that women let the vagina "breathe," by going without panties/undergarments when ever possible, it seems to help those experiencing discomfort.

Toodles,
Sweaty in Social Studies

+Quote Post
Mydaywillcome
post Mar 9 2009, 12:11 PM
Post #789

Hello everyone, I have been reading the posts for months and I can relate to many of the stories that i have heard, I believe My BV started with the use of Birth Control, I have not found a cure yet, but I am still trying, the last thing that I have tried was the estroil supp., which hasn't worked completely for me, I was thinking about getting on a different type of BC to get my hormones back on track b/c i too believe that my issue is related to hormons. I am 22 and sometimes it feels like i'm have hot flashes (LOL), but my main reason for the post is b/c i read some post when people were saying that they usually smelled like fish when they ate fish or other foods and I just wanted to let them know that they should really look into something called TMAU(just google it).Thanks everyone...I hope we all find our cures

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Mar 8 2009, 02:11 AM
Post #790

BUSTie

QUOTE(candycane_girl @ Mar 6 2009, 06:36 PM) *
Hello ladies, I've never been in here and I don't even know if I have BV but I do have an embarrassing bad smell! It's gotten to the point where I don't even want my boyfriend to go near my cunt. Will a doctor definitely be able to diagnose this properly?

definitely go to the doctor. If you have smell coming from down there. Do Not Wait you can be giving
the bacteria time to get comfortable. Get treated ASAP!!

+Quote Post
whateverfitsyou
post Mar 7 2009, 11:28 AM
Post #791

BUSTie

hello,
I haven't been on this website in a while because my BV(or whatever it was) has stopped. I used one of the members advice and tried the 1/2 water,1/2 peroxide douche. However, lately I've been having a slight odor,it's not horrible but as the discharge absorbs in my panties it smells,on a scale from one to ten(one being the least,ten being the worst)...i'll give it a 3 1/2. Furthermore, the discharge isn't discolored. The discharge is a normal color but when it starts to set in my panties it turns to this blackish color. It takes about five to eight hours for the discharge to change to the blackish color. Does anyone know what this could possibly be? and what's the cause? Thank u in advance!!

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Mar 6 2009, 06:36 PM
Post #792

Hardcore BUSTie

Hello ladies, I've never been in here and I don't even know if I have BV but I do have an embarrassing bad smell! It's gotten to the point where I don't even want my boyfriend to go near my cunt. Will a doctor definitely be able to diagnose this properly?

+Quote Post
CarrieBradshaw
post Mar 6 2009, 09:36 AM
Post #793

BUSTie

Hey all!!

I'm happy to say I haven't posted here in almost a year!! I am BV free and think it's permanent!

My BV problems ONLY started when I went on low dose birth control pills - literally the same week. I was on Yaz and Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for about a year with BV problems. I switched to Ortho Tri Cyclen regular and feel very NORMAL.

I know some people don't think it has anything to do with hormones, but for me, it did. It started and stopped when I started and stopped low dose birth controls pills.

I also used FemD during my low dose BC pills days and DO think that helped.

However, regular BC pills are the permanent fix for me.

Thanks! Good Luck!

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Mar 5 2009, 03:36 PM
Post #794

QUOTE(antonia @ Mar 4 2009, 12:54 PM) *
Thanks Sweat ... You're right and I had seen that before, but forgotten ... No wonder it works for GI stuff, but not so helpful for vag flora. I still take supplements when needed, i.e. during antibiotic treatment ...

Hey Antonia,
I'm curious, have you been taking the yogurt or any probiotic supplements vaginally?

+Quote Post
antonia
post Mar 4 2009, 12:54 PM
Post #795

Thanks Sweat ... You're right and I had seen that before, but forgotten ... No wonder it works for GI stuff, but not so helpful for vag flora. I still take supplements when needed, i.e. during antibiotic treatment ...

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Mar 3 2009, 04:06 PM
Post #796

QUOTE(antonia @ Mar 3 2009, 01:25 PM) *
LOL Lori's bionic vagina : )

oops, I forgot to mention that I eat Nancy's plain yogurt almost daily. I'll edit my post to show that important detail.

I completely agree(d) with you. For years all I did was probiotics, in the form of supplements as well as eating yogurt, because I prefer a completely natural approach.

Unfortunately, it wasn't enough for me.

I haven't given up on it, in the yogurt form, because I know it helps my vag as well as digestive system.

So, you can disagree that anyone needs to do ph treatments, but for me, it works. Maybe not as a true prevention method, but it stops the imbalance before BV starts.

I will report back on the long-term. As I said before, my hopes are that stopping BV and therefore the Boric Acid, will help my body balance on it's own, my hopes are that I will have to do the ph treatment less and less ... Eventually just eating yogurt everyday and that being enough.

Hi Antonia,

I used to believe regular yogurt containing lactobacillius acidophilus was good for preventing and maintaining vaginal health, until I further researched it, and realized that regular lactobacillius acidophilus only colonizes the intestinal tract and doesn't normally colonize the vaginal/urogenital tract. Below is a quote from WebMD pertaining to my statement.

"For decades, some women have used Lactobacillus acidophilus in yogurt or supplements to treat bacterial vaginosis. But experts now know that dairy lactobacillus is not the kind that normally lives in the vagina. This is why dairy lactobacillus does not work for bacterial vaginosis. But researchers have found that two different types of lactobacillus-L. crispatus and L. jensenii-are most commonly found in a healthy vaginal environment. Research is now focusing on using these types of lactobacilli in capsules."
(source)

Sweaty in Social Studies

+Quote Post
antonia
post Mar 3 2009, 01:25 PM
Post #797

QUOTE(lori @ Mar 2 2009, 07:16 PM) *
So it's not that I have some bionic vagina that "self-balances" so well. I just finally figured out how to replace the good bacteria, and focused on that.

I really think it's a good idea to focus on that, and not on anything else, like topical gels and stuff. Because if you do that, it's hard to tell what's working. And you're throwing off your body's natural healing process.

LOL Lori's bionic vagina : )

oops, I forgot to mention that I eat Nancy's plain yogurt almost daily. I'll edit my post to show that important detail.

I completely agree(d) with you. For years all I did was probiotics, in the form of supplements as well as eating yogurt, because I prefer a completely natural approach.

Unfortunately, it wasn't enough for me.

I haven't given up on it, in the yogurt form, because I know it helps my vag as well as digestive system.

So, you can disagree that anyone needs to do ph treatments, but for me, it works. Maybe not as a true prevention method, but it stops the imbalance before BV starts.

I will report back on the long-term. As I said before, my hopes are that stopping BV and therefore the Boric Acid, will help my body balance on it's own, my hopes are that I will have to do the ph treatment less and less ... Eventually just eating yogurt everyday and that being enough.

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Mar 3 2009, 03:16 AM
Post #798

BUSTie

Lori I totally understand where you coming from with putting too much stuff up there. It can throw off our vagina natural healing. I agree with antonia also not all vagina's work the same way!! three different people told me how they got cure and it was all diffrent procedures to lead to their victory no recurrence. BV DON'T ONLY AFFECT YOU PHYSICALLY BUT MORE MENTALLY. I WOULDN'T MIND HAVING BV WITHOUT A SMELL SO I CAN TAKE CARE OF IT ON THE LOW LOW INSTEAD OF EVERYONE ELSE KNOWING I HAVE A VAGINALLY PROBLEM THAT HURT. IT'S HARD TO EXPLAIN TO INGORANT PEOPLE NOWDAYS THAT YOU HAVE BV WITHOUT HAVING YOUR BUSINESS SPREAD LIKE HOT CAKES. I LIVE IN NY AND SOME PEOPLE OUT HERE IS COLD HEARTED B****S. ANOTHER THING THAT SCARES US THE MOST IS WHEN YOU HEAR THAT SOME OF THE LADIES ON HERE HAD IT OVER 15 YEARS. I DON'T WANT THAT AT ALL IT BEEN 6 MONTHS FOR ME. SO WHEN YOU TELL OTHERS THAT YOUR BV FREE WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT/HOW DID YOU GET TO THAT POINT? I'M SURE YOU WASN'T JUST DOING NOTHING BEFORE YOU HAVE GOTTEN CURE.

1)DID YOU CHANGE YOUR DIET?

2)DO YOU STILL USE FEMDO ?

3)DO YOU SHOWER WITH REGULAR SOAP?

4)DID YOU USE ANTIBOTICS FROM THE DOCTOR AND GOTTEN CURE?(WHAT KIND OF ANTIBOTICS)

5)BEFORE YOU GOTTEN CURE DID YOU EVER HAVE HOTFLASHES?

EXPLAIN TO ME BREAK IT DOWN ON YOUR STEPS TO VICTORY!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
lori
post Mar 2 2009, 07:16 PM
Post #799

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(antonia @ Mar 2 2009, 02:11 PM) *
If I do nothing, then I have my period, then the day after my period I start to notice more wetness than normal, then after a few days the smell starts. The smell will get stronger and stronger. If I continue to do nothing, it seems to clear itself, the smell subsides usually right before my period, repeat - repeat - repeat. If I do nothing, get BV, treat with Boric, then the next month I get it again, repeat - repeat - repeat.

I only do the ph treatment if my ph is off - yes, my vagina flora should self-balance, but has not for a long time. It is my hope that doing this prevention will keep me from getting and treating bv, which in turn will help repair my self-balance. I think that over time I will have to do less and less of these ph treatments.

First of all, I disagree that anyone needs to do "pH treatments." It took me a while to figure this out, but - high pH is a symptom, not a cause of BV. Apparently, this is a very difficult principle to get people to understand.

It's the good bacteria that keeps your pH low. Lowering the pH by "acidifying" your vagina with solutions, creams, gels, etc.? Doesn't work. That's why everyone keeps needing to re-apply it, over and over again.

And if you keep needing to do "treatments" every month? That means your vagina is out of balance, you've just managed to temporarily quell the symptoms.

Here's the thing - if my vagina smells bad? I welcome it. I don't want to stick things in there just to kill the smell off. That's my body's way of telling me that it's out of balance, and I want to pay attention to that. And it's been proven over and over again that topical products just don't work on a long-term basis.

Bacteria are living organisms. If the good bacteria are living inside you in dominant numbers, it should stay that way until external forces disturb it. (Infection, antibiotics, etc.)

QUOTE(antonia @ Mar 2 2009, 02:11 PM) *
All vaginas are different, some people can self-balance so well that they don't even get yeast infections after taking antibiotics. My vaginal flora is very sensitive, and I am happy to find a method to help it stay balanced.

I've had BV for a long time, for many years. And that's exactly how I felt - that I was just "sensitive." I got BV so easily, and yeast infections so easily, too. (like clockwork, everytime I took antibiotics, which was a lot, due to the BV. VICIOUS CYCLE. I've been through it, believe me.)

So it's not that I have some bionic vagina that "self-balances" so well. I just finally figured out how to replace the good bacteria, and focused on that.

I really think it's a good idea to focus on that, and not on anything else, like topical gels and stuff. Because if you do that, it's hard to tell what's working. And you're throwing off your body's natural healing process.

--------------------

+Quote Post
antonia
post Mar 2 2009, 05:11 PM
Post #800

QUOTE(lori @ Mar 1 2009, 05:08 AM) *
I don't want to get into a "my vagina is healthier than yours" contest. Really. But I've been BV-free, according to my OB/GYN doctor and my nose, since 2/2007. (2 year anniversary! Woo hoo!)

And I do nothing. NOTHING. ...

The only daily maintenance that I do is my folic acid supplement, which is a great healthy thing to do anyway, I don't do anything on a daily basis, really, other than cleaning with a gentle cleanser, being aware of subtle changes and maybe ph test strip.

Doing nothing is great IF you don't have BV and haven't had it for two years. BUT if you are like those of us who have ongoing or chronic BV, then we get BV, clear it (if we're lucky) and then it comes back, usually in a few days/weeks.

If I do nothing, then I have my period, then the day after my period I start to notice more wetness than normal, then after a few days the smell starts. The smell will get stronger and stronger. If I continue to do nothing, it seems to clear itself, the smell subsides usually right before my period, repeat - repeat - repeat. If I do nothing, get BV, treat with Boric, then the next month I get it again, repeat - repeat - repeat.

I only do the ph treatment if my ph is off - yes, my vagina flora should self-balance, but has not for a long time. It is my hope that doing this prevention will keep me from getting and treating bv, which in turn will help repair my self-balance. I think that over time I will have to do less and less of these ph treatments.

All vaginas are different, some people can self-balance so well that they don't even get yeast infections after taking antibiotics. My vaginal flora is very sensitive, and I am happy to find a method to help it stay balanced.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 38 39 40 41 42 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 31, 2014 - 02:28 AM