271 Pages V  « < 104 105 106 107 108 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
konphusion26
post Feb 8 2008, 03:35 AM
Post #2101

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(SpRiNkLeS @ Feb 8 2008, 02:09 AM) *
Konphusion! Sister girl!! Lol…………….so when you say “master-debate” are you actually talking about what I THINK you are talking about? Self love, hmm? OMG, so I totally wanted to talk about that with all the ladies here but wasn’t sure if anyone would reply………..except maybe QuietMadness because I know she doesn’t mind if I ask personal questions. OK so the question I have for everyone here...

DOES ANYONE’S BV GET WORSE AFTER A SELF EXPLORATION SESSION? And Konphusion if that is not at all what you were talking about then I totally feel like an ass.

SPRINKLES!! hey babe! YES thats exactly what I meant.. i just didnt wanna come out and say it!! LOL Mine seems to get worse too girl! So i've been trying to NOT go there, but I am losing my mind.. no sex in the last MONTH because of this crap. Its unreal. Gosh.... I thought I was the only one. And if this is thread- inappropriate I apologize. I just figured someone else might be goin thru the same thing and could relate. Yall are my therapy!!!!! Sprinkles, my smell has been buttermilk, turpentine (from the TTO) and fish lately... Yum LOL Not attractive. Plus i get the bubbles all the time down there. I still dont understand that crap. Poor hubby has to be thinkin what the hell!! But he's super supportive and tries to stay out of my way when I'm ranting and frustrated. Anyway its almost 5am and i havent been to sleep yet. Must force myself to lay down now.

SMOOCHES!

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chronicpanic
post Feb 8 2008, 01:57 AM
Post #2102

QUOTE(SpRiNkLeS @ Feb 8 2008, 02:09 AM) *
Ok so I took the time to read all the posts. Hmmm……..maybe next time I’ll do that BEFORE I post. YES good idea. There’s so many!! Oh and HI Virgin4Life, thanks but unfortunately it came back. It went away from using MetroGel ( the ONLY antibiotic that works for me) but comes back sometimes at the end of my period. Last time I was lucky enough to go through 3 periods before my BV came back. =( I just started BC last month so hopefully in another 2 months my hormones will start to become sane.

I also wanted to say hi to all the new girls Chronicpanic (doh! I shoulda thought of that name), Texie and Greeneyyes.

Konphusion! Sister girl!! Lol…………….so when you say “master-debate” are you actually talking about what I THINK you are talking about? Self love, hmm? OMG, so I totally wanted to talk about that with all the ladies here but wasn’t sure if anyone would reply………..except maybe QuietMadness because I know she doesn’t mind if I ask personal questions. OK so the question I have for everyone here...

DOES ANYONE’S BV GET WORSE AFTER A SELF EXPLORATION SESSION? Mine would totally get worse for a whole day. I mean it would be BAD FISH and it made me feel so dirty and guilty when in actuality I’m practicing celibacy so I should feel clean!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway that was actually before I used the MetroGel and my BV was bad back then anyway. So since I’ve used the MetroGel my BV has been awesome except for the cheese aroma the last couple days. Anyway I’m so traumatized I haven’t “master-debated” in a while. And Konphusion if that is not at all what you were talking about then I totally feel like an ass.

hello! biggrin.gif

i've been trying to smell myself like crazy these past few days (yes gross but im sure u girls understand the hell im going thru) and im still friggin undecided if it smells normal or if its a tad fishier than normal! grrrrrrrrr.

and what is metrogel? ive been on amoxicillin for a week but not much effect. sigh

+Quote Post
SpRiNkLeS
post Feb 8 2008, 12:52 AM
Post #2103

BUSTie

Ok so I took the time to read all the posts. Hmmm……..maybe next time I’ll do that BEFORE I post. YES good idea. There’s so many!! Oh and HI Virgin4Life, thanks but unfortunately it came back. It went away from using MetroGel ( the ONLY antibiotic that works for me) but comes back sometimes at the end of my period. Last time I was lucky enough to go through 3 periods before my BV came back. =( I just started BC last month so hopefully in another 2 months my hormones will start to become sane.

I also wanted to say hi to all the new girls Chronicpanic (doh! I shoulda thought of that name), Texie and Greeneyyes.

DOES ANYONE’S BV GET WORSE AFTER A SELF EXPLORATION SESSION? Mine would totally get worse for a whole day. I mean it would be BAD FISH and it made me feel so dirty and guilty when in actuality I’m practicing celibacy so I should feel clean!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway that was actually before I used the MetroGel and my BV was bad back then anyway. So since I’ve used the MetroGel my BV has been awesome except for the cheese aroma the last couple days. Anyway I’m so traumatized I haven’t “master-debated” in a while. And Konphusion if that is not at all what you were talking about then I totally feel like an ass.

+Quote Post
SpRiNkLeS
post Feb 8 2008, 12:14 AM
Post #2104

BUSTie

So I totally need to vent and rant and you ladies are the only people on the face of this earth who know EXACTLY what I am talking about. Ok so I am completely depressed right now. My BV ‘smells’ came back a few days ago and although they are very faint I am not happy. It was the damn friggin period ya’ll!!!! I just KNEW that the odors would come back once my period ended. No, No, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My life like sucks again. Thank goodness I have my son, he comes up to me all needing hugs and just to sit on my lap and he makes me feel wanted. Like how the HELL am I ever supposed to find a hot man who would want to put up with me? I mean with a vagina that randomly smells like a diaper and food. Like………$*%$** I’m all whiny and tantrum prone tonight. Arrgh!!! I need chocolate.

I have a totally new smell to announce. CHEESE!!!!! Yes you read correctly. My kitty smells all cheesy. Lol…………no it’s not funny!!!!!!!! I smell like cheese sticks. Three days ago I woke up and went to the bathroom and I’m like…………what the f**%? I smell like cheese?!!!!!! So I shower and it goes away but comes back at night. You can’t smell it through my clothes YET (who knows what the heck will happen in the next few days!) but whenever I go to the bathroom and check things out it’s like a total cheese party down there. Weird I know. And before the cheese happened guess what I smelled like? Chicken Caesar salad!!! I’m serious.

Like I have mentioned before, my vagina hates me and she is playing games.
------------------------------
On a totally separate note I had the most awesome dream that I have EVER remembered last night. It was all Matrix-like (as in the movie THE MATRIX) and it was all bizarre and awesome. Frickin hero over here!! Cheers and all that jazz.
I’m goin all crazy. It’s the BV!!!!

+Quote Post
mg86
post Feb 7 2008, 06:53 PM
Post #2105

BUSTie

QUOTE(texie @ Feb 6 2008, 05:01 PM) *
Need advice please- and I'm sorry, but this has probably come up in older threads-

Is there any link between HPV and BV? - I feel like my fiance has given me both- the HPV for sure. My gyno tested me for BV and I tested negative, but there is of course still a smell and itch that comes and goes.

I want to continue to use condoms because I think that he's irritating my vagina- I've been reading that this will aggrevate the BV- but I can't really stand to have sex with him without condoms knowing of what's lurking down below- Is condom use a no-no for BV?

So, can he be "sanitized?" I just had my first biopsies, which were very painful and made the BV flare up- I'm going to start taking F-dophilus-

I'm extremely pissed that I have to deal with his past- he had no idea of course, and still has no idea of what an aggrevation this is- between this and his family I'm ready to call it off

This isn't advice, really, but, I sort of feel there may be a link. In summer of '06 I had an abnormal pap smear that diagnosed me with HPV. supposedly there are many different strains and only a handful are cancerous, but lucky me, I had one of the pre-cancerous types, so they had to remove it. Basically I had to have my cervix frozen (cryotherapy) to kill off the pre-cancerous cells.

This was in June, and several months later, upon entering a new relationship (Aug/September), my BV fun began. I am wondering if something about the procedure left me more susceptible to infection?

However I was also on a lot of antibiotics around that time too, so its hard to say..Hope things get better for you smile.gif

+Quote Post
greeneyyes
post Feb 7 2008, 05:13 PM
Post #2106

BUSTie

Hello,
I have not posted in ages...just been kinda dealing with it all the best that I can. During one of my random googles I came across an add for a product called Vagiprin...google it, check it out and let me know if anyone has tried it!

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Feb 7 2008, 12:46 PM
Post #2107

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(texie @ Feb 6 2008, 05:01 PM) *
Need advice please- and I'm sorry, but this has probably come up in older threads-

Is there any link between HPV and BV? - I feel like my fiance has given me both- the HPV for sure. My gyno tested me for BV and I tested negative, but there is of course still a smell and itch that comes and goes.

I want to continue to use condoms because I think that he's irritating my vagina- I've been reading that this will aggrevate the BV- but I can't really stand to have sex with him without condoms knowing of what's lurking down below- Is condom use a no-no for BV?

So, can he be "sanitized?" I just had my first biopsies, which were very painful and made the BV flare up- I'm going to start taking F-dophilus-

I'm extremely pissed that I have to deal with his past- he had no idea of course, and still has no idea of what an aggrevation this is- between this and his family I'm ready to call it off-

Women with BV have a higher likelihood of catching STDs because their vaginas are no longer equipped with protective lactic acid and hydrogen peroxide producing bacteria. Maybe he did give you the HPV, but many men have it, so it is kind of hard to avoid. I was just reading about a cream called 'Imiquimod'. I don't know much about it, except that it somehow boosts the immunity of the cells on your skin. Perhaps you could ask your doctor about it, and do some research. Also research how to boost your immune system. They say that if you try to keep really healthy, the HPV may go away on its own. Keep positive, and hopefully it will! Good luck.

[ How common is HPV?
Approximately 20 million people are currently infected with HPV. At least 50 percent of sexually active men and women acquire genital HPV infection at some point in their lives. By age 50, at least 80 percent of women will have acquired genital HPV infection. About 6.2 million Americans get a new genital HPV infection each year. ]

[ http://www.cdc.gov/STD/HPV/STDFact-HPV.htm#common ]

+Quote Post
texie
post Feb 6 2008, 03:44 PM
Post #2108

I'm extremely pissed that I have to deal with his past- he had no idea of course, and still has no idea of what an aggrevation this is- between this and his family I'm ready to call it off-

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Feb 5 2008, 07:09 PM
Post #2109

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(CarrieBradshaw @ Feb 5 2008, 10:22 AM) *
question -- i'm going to be flying a lot this summer and am wondering how to travel with my must-be-refridgerated FemDophilus (which by the way, I LOVE!!!). What do you guys do/suggest????

I once traveled all the way to Asia from the states with a pie, and asked the flight attendants on the plane if they could please put it in the fridge. And they did! You could use a little insulated bag and try doing the same thing.

+Quote Post
Bella10
post Feb 5 2008, 04:58 PM
Post #2110

BUSTie

QUOTE(chronicpanic @ Feb 5 2008, 02:20 AM) *
hi girls! i'm new here =) been reading this thread with much interest!

22 year old here.. but unlike most of you here, i'm actually from singapore, where such problems are either seldom heard of or swept under the rug due to embarrasement. yeah, the average asian is a frightened tight-lipped one tongue.gif

first up.. i've recently had an odd watery yellowish discharge of late, coupled with a slight, but not empowering smell. not wanting to take the risk i headed to my gynae where he noticed that my vulva looked reddish and he took a culture and the results were that i have a heavy growth of strep b, and put me on amoxillin for 2 weeks.

the odd thing is, after much googling, i found out that strep b infection is one thats without symptoms.. i have already been on amox for a week and still not much results =( i'm wondering if its BV, since the culture also covered trich and other STDs and all were negative. i'm so paranoid that i have been trying to smell myself everytime i get the chance to, to the extent that i'd whiff my pantyliner (yeah gross i know). i've never had BV before, so im not sure how the smell is like but the current smell that i have is actually not very strong, and i have to put my nose really closely to the pantyliner before i can smell anything.

to be honest i kinda forgotten how my normal discharge smells like.. there's even a chance it might be my normal discharge just that my paranoia affects my perception.

sigh.

can anyone who's had strep b before kindly enlighten this lost soul here?! thanks!!! and oh, is it possible that BV discharge is yellowish and not an opaque white? and will eating yoghurt help restore the PH in anyway? thank you once again!

Hi Chronicpanic, I actually had Group B Strep last summer and was given amoxocillian. It does cause a discharge but I had white. It did cause irritation on me too. Be careful because Amoxo has been known to cause fungal yeast infections. I am sure that you do not have BV if your gyn cultured you because that would have showed up in the culture results.

+Quote Post
chronicpanic
post Feb 5 2008, 09:41 AM
Post #2111

QUOTE(mfc10 @ Feb 5 2008, 09:12 AM) *
Hi--Check out this discussion board [url="http://www.steadyhealth.com/due_to_boric_acid__my_yeast_infection_has_changed__t92154.html"]
where a couple women talked about vaginal Strep B. I believe that Dr. Elizabeth Stewart's "The V Book" also covers strep b. Will post again if I hear of anything helpful.
Take care,
Magggie

thanks! unfortunately there's not much info going around yet =( now my vulva's swelling up and feeling a tad raw, as always when i get the infection.

+Quote Post
CarrieBradshaw
post Feb 5 2008, 09:05 AM
Post #2112

BUSTie

question -- i'm going to be flying a lot this summer and am wondering how to travel with my must-be-refridgerated FemDophilus (which by the way, I LOVE!!!). What do you guys do/suggest????

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Feb 5 2008, 07:55 AM
Post #2113

BUSTie

QUOTE(chronicpanic @ Feb 5 2008, 03:20 AM) *
the odd thing is, after much googling, i found out that strep b infection is one thats without symptoms..

Hi--Check out this discussion board [url="http://www.steadyhealth.com/due_to_boric_acid__my_yeast_infection_has_changed__t92154.html"]
where a couple women talked about vaginal Strep B. I believe that Dr. Elizabeth Stewart's "The V Book" also covers strep b. Will post again if I hear of anything helpful.
Take care,
Magggie

+Quote Post
chronicpanic
post Feb 5 2008, 01:03 AM
Post #2114

hi girls! i'm new here =) been reading this thread with much interest!

22 year old here.. but unlike most of you here, i'm actually from singapore, where such problems are either seldom heard of or swept under the rug due to embarrasement. yeah, the average asian is a frightened tight-lipped one tongue.gif

first up.. i've recently had an odd watery yellowish discharge of late, coupled with a slight, but not empowering smell. not wanting to take the risk i headed to my gynae where he noticed that my vulva looked reddish and he took a culture and the results were that i have a heavy growth of strep b, and put me on amoxillin for 2 weeks.

the odd thing is, after much googling, i found out that strep b infection is one thats without symptoms.. i have already been on amox for a week and still not much results =( i'm wondering if its BV, since the culture also covered trich and other STDs and all were negative. i'm so paranoid that i have been trying to smell myself everytime i get the chance to, to the extent that i'd whiff my pantyliner (yeah gross i know). i've never had BV before, so im not sure how the smell is like but the current smell that i have is actually not very strong, and i have to put my nose really closely to the pantyliner before i can smell anything.

to be honest i kinda forgotten how my normal discharge smells like.. there's even a chance it might be my normal discharge just that my paranoia affects my perception.

sigh.

can anyone who's had strep b before kindly enlighten this lost soul here?! thanks!!! and oh, is it possible that BV discharge is yellowish and not an opaque white? and will eating yoghurt help restore the PH in anyway? thank you once again!

+Quote Post
kristen
post Feb 4 2008, 07:28 PM
Post #2115

BUSTie

QUOTE(chantelhugo @ Feb 4 2008, 05:28 PM) *
Does anyone know the best birth control pill that would be most compatible with helping rid of BV? Anyone have success with a certain pill that helped regulate their hormones?

I asked the same question not to long ago, but i didn't get a response. I'm pretty sure that bv does have something to do with hormones so you would think birth control would effect it in some way. I started to notice my first symptoms maybe a month or two before i started birth control and i had never been on it before. so anway i started taking the bc and saw no change at all. But here is my question does anyone recommend me trying something else since the bv was the same before and after the bc. i am on ortho tri cyclen lo.

+Quote Post
kassie
post Feb 4 2008, 06:54 PM
Post #2116

QUOTE(SpRiNkLeS @ Feb 2 2008, 04:25 AM) *
Kassie I know exactly what you are talking about!!! I had at one time diagnosed myself with this fish odor disease due to a segment I had seen on the Tyra Banks Show. According to the show it comes on suddenly anywhere from 18 to late twenties or early thirties and them BAM! It is incurable. All she (the woman on the show suffering from this disease) talked about was this “horrible foul fish odor that can smell up a room” and I thought…………damn. THIS IS IT! THIS IS WHAT I HAVE!! But then I stumbled upon this site and I almost cried in relief to know that I actually have BV and it IS curable or at least containable according to some girls. The greatest thing was finding out that I am not alone. I had at one time went on the same exact diet that you are talking about for 6 weeks………..and wow, let me tell you it was very hard to stick to at first but after a while it got easier for me. I eventually went back to eating meat,green veggies and select breads because not one thing changed while I was on this diet and I really missed meat and green veggies. I was very disappointed.

So the fact that flagyl had at one time actually helped you could mean that there might be some sort of link between BV and this fish odor disease, although I thought it was called fish odor syndrome? If this disease is a genetic problem then you had this odor even as a child? I am thinking the program I watched could have been a bit misleading or maybe even something different than what you have. When you say that following through with your diet has solved your problem do you mean you have no odor at all anymore? Exactly how long did it take for you to start seeing results once you started your diet? I might not have stayed on long enough. ALTHOUGH I firmly believe my BV is caused by one thing and one thing only………..my crazy hormones!!!! BUT it doesn’t hurt to try out new alternatives.

And yes I must agree that DOVE is the best soap out there. I won’t even touch those soaps they have in hotels. I always have an extra bar or two in my suitcase or purse.

It started with a vaginal odor in my late teen years, about the time I became close with boyfriends; heavy petting. So, this introduced bacteria, I guess. After I was married and went back to work I had a co-worker pull me aside because the odor from a fun honeymoon was obvious not only to me but to the people I worked with. I was given iodine-douches from a gyno. I don't think my period blood started smelling until I had a bad bout with the flu in Virginia Beach, VA, and I think I got giardia bacteria from their drinking water. The point is that other people do fine after these activities: sex, flu, their period, and don't stink. I think anything I can find to help is great and the food I avoid seems to help. I'm 50 and two years ago I asked a doctor about what might be causing this and he gave me a blank stare. No help there. Yes, the doctor who gave me flagyl had some insight but the effect didn't last. My bacteria is very sensitive and anaerobic bacteria I think flourishes when I sit too much. I call it a disease because it can be detected by looking at your chromosomes, the fish-odor disease. The woman you're talking about had a very bad case, I read, and some people can get good results from staying away from the food they can't break down all the way. Don't really know for sure, but I can honestly say I think it's working for me.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Feb 4 2008, 06:22 PM
Post #2117

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(chantelhugo @ Feb 5 2008, 12:28 AM) *
Does anyone know the best birth control pill that would be most compatible with helping rid of BV? Anyone have success with a certain pill that helped regulate their hormones?

I am currently using the Nuvaring and it's good. The only two things I see wrong with it is sometimes your breast will be sore and yes they will get bigger and lowered sex drive. Other than that, everything is all good with me excpet the dry vag. but that has nothing to do with th BC. HOPE THIS HELPS!

+Quote Post
chantelhugo
post Feb 4 2008, 05:11 PM
Post #2118

BUSTie

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Feb 4 2008, 02:23 PM
Post #2119

Hardcore BUSTie

Quick question.. and this is totally off topic LOL

does anyone else feel the uncontrollabe urge to "master-debate" when your BV is flaring up and Ya can't have portions so what do you do????? BAAAAAAHHHHH! LOL I'm so on edge I could crack walnuts with my teeth right now. Geez.

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
sassy
post Feb 4 2008, 05:44 AM
Post #2120

Hardcore BUSTie

mg86: You should just make your own...it costs almost nothing and no green ooze!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 104 105 106 107 108 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 1, 2014 - 08:07 AM