> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
ladylustlove
post Dec 23 2008, 10:39 AM
Post #981

BUSTie

See, i'm the opposite. i looove the man i love coming inside
of me. Always have.
And i've had 2 other guys come inside of me before,
both times i was on the pill. and never bv.

Now with this guy, i get the bv.
when we don't have sex for 2 months, it
disappears for the first time in over a year.
I still want him to come in me,
but i must admit i'm glad to get off the pill.
I just don't like condoms so much.

so whats the deal?
what do you guys think?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Dec 22 2008, 05:43 PM
Post #982

BUSTie

QUOTE(trbutts @ Dec 22 2008, 11:34 AM) *
I must admit, however,that I don't like for my boyfriend to ejaculate inside of me. Even though I'm on birth control, I just think that it's disgusting and sometimes the sperm takes a day or so to completely leak out of me and you can imagine how that smells when the last drop comes out. It doesn't have a fishy smell, but it smells like old nasty ass nut. I just think that I may let him do that once we honestly are trying to get pregnant. But until then, I just like the withdrawal method. I don't think that actual sperm is the reason that women get bv.

From Elizabeth Boskey, PhD on About.com: "Bacterial Vaginosis is an overgrowth of certain bacteria normally present at low levels in the vagina. No one is certain exactly what causes BV, or why some women are so susceptible to recurrent bacterial vaginosis, but one thing is for certain... BV stinks! Bacterial vaginosis isn't caused by sperm, but it's easy to understand why some women think it could be. BV symptoms get worse after unprotected sex, because the chemical compounds that cause the odor associated with BV are more noticeable at higher pH. Normally the vagina is mildly acidic, around pH 4. During bacterial vaginosis, the pH increases above 4.5. When semen is present, the vagina actually becomes neutral - pH 7 - and the amines, the chemical compounds that cause the "fishy smell," start to stink. What may be a barely noticeable infection when a woman is not having sex, all of a sudden becomes very obvious when she is, particularly if she doesn't use a condom. That's why many women think that bacterial vaginosis is caused by sex. However, although BV is certainly sexually associated, and made more obvious by sex, ongoing research is geared toward clarifying the role of sex and bacterial vaginosis."

(All About.com content focusing on diseases, conditions or containing health claims is reviewed by a team of board certified physicians and certified health professionals from leading institutions. The Medical Review Board was formed in October 2006 and all content created from that date forward has been closely reviewed for medical accuracy and consistency with source material. Meet the experts.)

Take care,
Maggie C.

+Quote Post
trbutts
post Dec 22 2008, 12:20 PM
Post #983

Hi ladies!

I posted up here a few months ago and just discussed how I had gotten bv/Trich a few years ago and how I dealt with it. Since taking Metronidazole last October, I have been bv free. I had an abnormal pap smear when I went to the doctor, but I believe that I had Trichomoniasis simply because the antibiotics cleared the infection out so easily and it never returned. I've been discharge free and had no odors whatsoever. However, since dealing with that, I have been extremely careful with caring for my vagina and have continued to do research on bacterial vaginosis and other vaginal infections. I believe that if I have a very delicate environment down there and it is easy to disrupt it if I am not careful.

After I got treated last October, I did not have unprotected sex at all just because that minor incident made me extremely nervous. However, early this year, I started dating a guy and for the first five months, we never went without a condom. After I felt comfortable, we got tested together, and started to have unprotected sex. It's been three months that we have been having unprotected sex and I haven't had any symptoms or signs of an infections. But for those of you who do have boyfriends, have unprotected sex regularly, and are trying to prevent any infections, here are some tips that you may like:

*After sex, it's okay to cuddle for a few minutes, but I suggest that you get up within an hour and wash your vulva out with a mild soap. Most guys should understand. Our parts work entirely different than theirs.

*If your man has a big penis, use K-Y Jelly during sex just to ease any friction or pain. Some BV occurs from the vaginal skin being torn on the inside from lack of lubrication. It gets infected because the cut has no air on it to help it breathe and heal.

* When sex is over, and you have washed up, use pure Aloe Vera gel on the vulva and/or up inside the vagina if it is still sore or burning. It is as safe as K-Y Jelly or any other water based lubricant and really does ease the pain of a big dick.

*Make sure his hands are clean before he starts sticking his fingers in you. Same thing with his penis.

*Remember to keep sticking to a GENTLE soap everyday to wash your vagina. I keep feminine wash at my boyfriend's house!

*Sleep without underwear (Let it breathe!)

*Take a supplement that supports vaginal health. You could take acidophilus, garlic, or a probiotic. I take a multivitamin that has Vitamin A, Vitamin C & E, and Selenium (all of which are also good for vaginal health).

*This is mainly opinion-based, but I would like to know if any of you agree or have had the same problem. Years ago, when I first started having sex and did not know what to agree to, I would let my boyfriend ejaculate inside of me (I was on birth control). I would notice every time that he got that stuff in me, it would take about two days to completely drain out, and the entire time, it smelled like his old sperm and my juices. It didn't smell like fish, but it was still completely disgusting. Since then, I have not let any man ejaculate inside of me and I will not until I intend to get pregnant. Many of you should try it. You will notice that it really reduces any type of uncomfortable smells. Try the withdrawal method and let me know what you think.

*If you have any toys, vibrators, dildos, etc., but a nice soap for them and make sure you clean them thoroughly when done. It's a pain, I know. I have my favorite dildo that I use all the time and have had to force myself to get in the habit of waking up in the morning and scrubbing it down so that I don't get anything crazy in me next time.

*If you've been dealing with bv or or afraid of getting a vaginal infection (I am super anal since I've gotten rid of it) please don't be afraid to talk to your partner about it. I think a lot of females do not like to ask their partners to wash their hands or clean up before sex, but get used to it. My boyfriend knew how I felt when I first met him, and was surprised (but liked the fact) that I was so serious about condoms and wanted to get tested. Even though we don't use condoms now, he knows that I expect him to help me keep my vaginal health up.

Please reply to this thread, ladies, and give me some tips also! I hope I have been helpful. And since I made this so long, I especially hope you will take the time to drop me a few lines. Thanks girls, and stay beautiful!

+Quote Post
trbutts
post Dec 22 2008, 11:34 AM
Post #984

QUOTE(lori @ Dec 21 2008, 06:48 PM) *
That isn't really true. unsure.gif

I must admit, however,that I don't like for my boyfriend to ejaculate inside of me. Even though I'm on birth control, I just think that it's disgusting and sometimes the sperm takes a day or so to completely leak out of me and you can imagine how that smells when the last drop comes out. It doesn't have a fishy smell, but it smells like old nasty ass nut. I just think that I may let him do that once we honestly are trying to get pregnant. But until then, I just like the withdrawal method. I don't think that actual sperm is the reason that women get bv.

+Quote Post
lori
post Dec 21 2008, 06:48 PM
Post #985

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Dec 21 2008, 02:25 AM) *
Since his sperm is alkaline it changes your delicate vaginal PH, which can cause an odor or lead to an infection.

That isn't really true. unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Dec 21 2008, 05:25 AM
Post #986

QUOTE(ladylustlove @ Dec 20 2008, 04:45 PM) *
Busties--
I have left out a big piece of info which also may
explain why i became bv free.
Me and my bf have not had sex in 2 months.
OK, the first month we were just having alot, alot of
anal. And then the 2nd month he was on vacation.

So perhaps I'm kinda allergic to his sperm??
He went on antibiotics with me b4, so i don't think he
has the bacteria, necessarily. Mebbe his
sperm just doesn't do well in my netherregion.

So we've decided to use condoms instead. Which
we are both not big fans of, but at least my pussy will
be healthy.

Weird. aren't pussies meant to have sperm in them?
wtf.

Since his sperm is alkaline it changes your delicate vaginal PH, which can cause an odor or lead to an infection.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Dec 20 2008, 05:31 PM
Post #987

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Dec 19 2008, 12:47 PM) *
Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I started it around the beginning of December. A majority of that information is about probiotics because I wanted to be sure whether they really could treat vaginal infections or not. And they do! ... depending on which variety. biggrin.gif How are things going for you?

Things are great hun! Thanks for asking.

+Quote Post
ladylustlove
post Dec 20 2008, 04:45 PM
Post #988

BUSTie

Busties--
I have left out a big piece of info which also may
explain why i became bv free.
Me and my bf have not had sex in 2 months.
OK, the first month we were just having alot, alot of
anal. And then the 2nd month he was on vacation.

So perhaps I'm kinda allergic to his sperm??
He went on antibiotics with me b4, so i don't think he
has the bacteria, necessarily. Mebbe his
sperm just doesn't do well in my netherregion.

So we've decided to use condoms instead. Which
we are both not big fans of, but at least my pussy will
be healthy.

Weird. aren't pussies meant to have sperm in them?
wtf.

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Dec 19 2008, 06:47 AM
Post #989

QUOTE(neverending @ Dec 17 2008, 08:56 AM) *
Good blog! When did you write it? I don't ever remember that being there. LOL

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I started it around the beginning of December. A majority of that information is about probiotics because I wanted to be sure whether they really could treat vaginal infections or not. And they do! ... depending on which variety. biggrin.gif How are things going for you?

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Dec 18 2008, 02:38 PM
Post #990

QUOTE(ladylustlove @ Dec 18 2008, 09:55 AM) *
That is kind of interesting. Did you get any vaccinations?
Even though going on a vacation is relaxing,
I don't think we realize the kind of stress it
puts on our body. New environment, new people, etc.
Mebbe it messed with our immune system a bit??
Can't say i was vacationing in the most
sanitary of places either...kinda rustic.

I'm up to date with all of my vaccinations. I didn't get any vaccinations before I traveled. I didn't think that would matter, it possibly could have. It's kind of interesting that mfc10 said that she was vacationing in a "semi-rustic cabin vacation", and you said that you were also vacationing in a rustic environment. The ship I was on traveled to several islands. Hmmm ... maybe I encountered something rustic. I think it was probably the environmental change that caused it. Because with certain skin conditions a change in the climate or environment can cause flare ups, maybe the same could be said for this.

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Dec 18 2008, 10:40 AM
Post #991

BUSTie

QUOTE(ladylustlove @ Dec 18 2008, 09:55 AM) *

My bout with BV started after returning home from a semi-rustic cabin vacation in Virginia! Could be the stress, though I thought I was relaxing! ohmy.gif

Hugs,
Maggie

+Quote Post
ladylustlove
post Dec 18 2008, 09:55 AM
Post #992

BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Dec 18 2008, 07:41 AM) *
Okay. I'm glad to hear stories like yours. It makes it seem like there is hope for others that have BV. You know what's odd, you got BV after vacationing in the tropics and I also got an infection after I came back from a cruise. Maybe it was the elements that triggered it, maybe it was just a coincidence.

That is kind of interesting. Did you get any vaccinations?
Even though going on a vacation is relaxing,
I don't think we realize the kind of stress it
puts on our body. New environment, new people, etc.
Mebbe it messed with our immune system a bit??

+Quote Post
neptune
post Dec 18 2008, 07:47 AM
Post #993

BUSTie

QUOTE(sooo sad @ Dec 17 2008, 04:36 AM) *
. sometimes i feel like commiting suicide because of this shit. i'm sooo sad and depressed right now. please help with any information, thanks in advance. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

sooo sad

I know what you mean sad.gif
Mine is back in full swing. It's gone from onions to fish overnight. It's in full, fishy, fucking swing.
Please don't give up on the thought that it could disappear just as quickly as it started. As bad as things are now, it's not necessarily going to be years and years.

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Dec 18 2008, 06:41 AM
Post #994

QUOTE(ladylustlove @ Dec 18 2008, 12:41 AM) *
Thanks everyone!
I can't really say how long it took the probiotics to work since
i can't even recognize my symptoms! I've been takin the fem
for about a year now, the fem and ultimate flora together
for o, about 4 months or so??

Also, forgot to mention, i stuck femD up the cooch for
about a week straight and O MY! I was so freakin
itchy and uncomfortable!! I think i may have stuck
a boric in to calm my little lady down. My bod was NOT likin
that at all, not sure what exactly provoked such a reaction.

On the other hand, i used some pros meant specifically
for the cooch....eh...i forgot the brand, but
the uncomfy reaction didn't happen.
i think its the HMF probiotics perhaps?

as for the alkaline...... mebbe i've been on it a month
or 2. can't say i notice any crazy differences in my bod,
but i do feel good eating the fruits n veggies and knowin
i'm doin good for my body.

Okay. I'm glad to hear stories like yours. It makes it seem like there is hope for others that have BV. You know what's odd, you got BV after vacationing in the tropics and I also got an infection after I came back from a cruise. Maybe it was the elements that triggered it, maybe it was just a coincidence.

+Quote Post
ladylustlove
post Dec 18 2008, 12:43 AM
Post #995

BUSTie

QUOTE(sooo sad @ Dec 17 2008, 12:36 AM) *
i feel so helpless and less of a women right now and i just shoved a boric acid up there cause i could feel it coming. sometimes i feel like commiting suicide because of this shit. i'm sooo sad and depressed right now. please help with any information, thanks in advance. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

sooo sad

aw mama i hope you feel better.

+Quote Post
ladylustlove
post Dec 18 2008, 12:41 AM
Post #996

BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Dec 17 2008, 12:39 AM) *
I'm really glad to here about your story! Because with all I've learned about probiotics, it seems like they would be a really good choice for self treating. How long were you doing this regimen before you noticed any results or were the results just gradual? Oh yeah, I've always wanted to know more about the effects of an alkaline diet. How long were you on it? I've been on an alkaline diet for about 3 weeks. I honestly feel different. Different in a good way.

Thanks everyone!
I can't really say how long it took the probiotics to work since
i can't even recognize my symptoms! I've been takin the fem
for about a year now, the fem and ultimate flora together
for o, about 4 months or so??

Also, forgot to mention, i stuck femD up the cooch for
about a week straight and O MY! I was so freakin
itchy and uncomfortable!! I think i may have stuck
a boric in to calm my little lady down. My bod was NOT likin
that at all, not sure what exactly provoked such a reaction.

On the other hand, i used some pros meant specifically
for the cooch....eh...i forgot the brand, but
the uncomfy reaction didn't happen.
i think its the HMF probiotics perhaps?

as for the alkaline...... mebbe i've been on it a month
or 2. can't say i notice any crazy differences in my bod,
but i do feel good eating the fruits n veggies and knowin
i'm doin good for my body.

+Quote Post
yme30
post Dec 17 2008, 11:04 PM
Post #997

BUSTie

QUOTE(sooo sad @ Dec 17 2008, 12:36 AM) *
sassy, hon!

i was wondering, how long have you used boric acid in all? i've talked to my doctor about it and she doesn't have any clue about side effects, etc. i don't have insurance so i can't really find another dr cause of financial situation. i read in a post that you only use it about once a month now. how much did you use it in the begining? like everyday or 3-5 times a week? it seems like this is the only thing that helps me too. i used it for about 1.5-2 months straight, then i used femd vaginally for about 2-3weeks and then i didn't use anything for 2 days to see if it has gone away and i could feel it coming back. i feel so helpless and less of a women right now and i just shoved a boric acid up there cause i could feel it coming. sometimes i feel like commiting suicide because of this shit. i'm sooo sad and depressed right now. please help with any information, thanks in advance. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

sooo sad

So Sad I know how you feel I just finish a 10 day course of the metro pills and it didn't do NOTHING!!!!!!! I get so depressed and angry at my body and what I am going through hurts so much I cry at night and I pray like crazy. I have had BV for years and years I just want my life back .........................so now I go to the doc AGAIN for another script. Pray for me everyone and stay positive so sad we will all get through this together.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Dec 17 2008, 08:56 AM
Post #998

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Dec 17 2008, 05:39 AM) *
I'm really glad to here about your story! Because with all I've learned about probiotics, it seems like they would be a really good choice for self treating. How long were you doing this regimen before you noticed any results or were the results just gradual? Oh yeah, I've always wanted to know more about the effects of an alkaline diet. How long were you on it? I've been on an alkaline diet for about 3 weeks. I honestly feel different. Different in a good way.

Good blog! When did you write it? I don't ever remember that being there. LOL

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Dec 16 2008, 11:39 PM
Post #999

QUOTE(ladylustlove @ Dec 15 2008, 03:34 PM) *
Hey ladies-
I've been lurking on this thread for a while, as so
many of us do.
I got tested for bv last week and for the first time in nearly a year
and a half it came up negative.
I am a very very happy woman right now, and
I wish to share my experience with you.

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Dec 16 2008, 11:36 PM
Post #1000

Hardcore BUSTie

sassy, hon!

i was wondering, how long have you used boric acid in all? i've talked to my doctor about it and she doesn't have any clue about side effects, etc. i don't have insurance so i can't really find another dr cause of financial situation. i read in a post that you only use it about once a month now. how much did you use it in the begining? like everyday or 3-5 times a week? it seems like this is the only thing that helps me too. i used it for about 1.5-2 months straight, then i used femd vaginally for about 2-3weeks and then i didn't use anything for 2 days to see if it has gone away and i could feel it coming back. i feel so helpless and less of a women right now and i just shoved a boric acid up there cause i could feel it coming. sometimes i feel like commiting suicide because of this shit. i'm sooo sad and depressed right now. please help with any information, thanks in advance. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

sooo sad

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 48 49 50 51 52 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 20, 2014 - 05:13 AM