> Kvetch Up
culturehandy
post Jun 3 2010, 09:52 AM
Post #41

(o)(o)

*delurks*

((((((Billy)))))))

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
billybonka
post Jun 3 2010, 08:51 AM
Post #42

Hardcore BUSTie

*Waves to Mando* Good to see you again!! And it's good to see some activity here. Maybe I can get back into the Bust habit again. I've missed it.

Things have been sucky here. Mom died three weeks ago. She had suffered with Alzheimers for a few years and her body just gave out. I should be very sad, but I'm not because her suffering and confusion are over. Dad went into cardiac arrest and came very close to dying 8 days later when things went horribly wrong during a urinary tract operation. He's out of ICU and the hospital (70 miles from home) and into a few days of hospital rehab (in his hometown) to get some strength back. He's got a great attitude about mom's death, his rehabilitation and the good days ahead. I think he'll be fine. The month of May was cruel; I'm looking forward to good things in June.

OMG, it's been so long that I almost forgot my color code.

+Quote Post
mandolyn
post Jun 2 2010, 11:39 AM
Post #43

Hardcore BUSTie

Sybarite, good to hear all is well. things seem calmer with the teen, too - yay! sending you lots of perfect-job vibes!

Star, sooo happy for you! What will you be doing, and where?

Sukouyant, of course I remember you! Gawd, I canít believe that party was 4 years ago! Good times! I only wish I couldíve spent more time socializing instead of hostessing. *pout*

Damona, how are your little ones? I hear you on hating the heat. Iíve already put the AC on much more than I did last year at this time. Itís only june 2, for chrissakes.

Kvetch: waiting to hear back from the doctor, for the results of my (routine) sonogram. I know itís a good thing, having access to scans Ö early detection, yada yada Ö but itís also sooooo nerve-wracking. Guess Iíd better get used to this.

So good to see you all! We should get more kvetchettes to come back.

--------------------
"... what i want is what i've not got
and what i need is all around me."

+Quote Post
damona
post May 30 2010, 11:29 PM
Post #44

can i go to bed now?

omg, it's mando!!!!!!!!!!! holy wow, lady, haven't seen you around in ages. and he's off to college? just... wow. so glad you decided to pop back around! ((((((((((mando)))))))))))

sukouyant, welcome back, too!

stargazer! you got the job? rock out with your bad self!

you know, i never got into the facebook thing. it's just not for me, i don't think. too many ppl out there that i don't want to deal with in a relatively public forum, y'know?

been the usual chaos around here. my computer decided to overheat, so i have a little system set up with fans lol. gah, i wish this place had central air. it's the one thing i'm really spoiled about. i must have 7 fans going. one in every room, and 2 in the living room. i have a kinda crappy window unit, but in order to plug it in, i have to unplug everything else in my room, even the lamp. otherwise it trips the breaker. kinda not worth it. but i'm sure at some point i'll give in so that at least upstairs won't be as hot.

been working on some music stuff with the boy. it's been a long time since i really sang. it feels good smile.gif

--------------------
"give me life, give me pain, give me myself again" - tori amos

+Quote Post
sukouyant
post May 30 2010, 07:41 AM
Post #45

Hardcore BUSTie

Congratulations Stargazer! You are UNSTOPPABLE, madam!

+Quote Post
stargazer
post May 28 2010, 09:39 PM
Post #46

brown delicious

Hey, sukouyant! It is great to have you stop by! Come back when you can. smile.gif

I GOT THE JOB I WANTED!!!!!!!!!

:does snoopy dance:

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
sukouyant
post May 28 2010, 01:35 PM
Post #47

Hardcore BUSTie

*peep* hello, I'm just stopping in again too although I left for the same reasons as so many others, but happy that folks are keeping the community's heart beat.

i'm glad your health and spirits are up Mando, and yes I'm still (very occasionally) on LJ. (not sure if you would remember me though - I was at that party you held a few years back. I decided to wear the summer/prom dress and my hair was really poufy because of the damned humidity)

+Quote Post
stargazer
post May 26 2010, 08:20 PM
Post #48

brown delicious

MANDOLYN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So good to see the blue again! smile.gif

Vent away, baby!

I had the interview on Monday for a position in the fall. It is a phenomenal program. I'm anxious about being rejected. Trying to stay positive. Vibes would be nice!

kvetch: Waiting to hear either yay or nay from the place I interviewed at this week.

antikvetch: I have another interview lined up.

How's everyone else?

((((Mando, Syb, Damona, and kittenb)))

--------------------

+Quote Post
sybarite
post May 26 2010, 04:02 PM
Post #49

it's cards on the table time

(((((((Mando))))))) So awesome to see you here! Glad to hear all continues well with you and your hair. I cannot believe himself is away to college, you must be so proud!

I hear you on FB... I totally compartmentalise everything there and refuse to add people who I know are just adding me for the numbers, who I don't really know anymore. Unfortunately enough people I care about are there, otherwise I'd quit--I may do that anyway if the privacy messing doesn't stop. It's a totally different environment without the safety net of relative anonymity and I am much more careful about posting there. I am still LJing, tho it's a little quieter there too.

I am good, finished my PhD and have been teaching in a good department in a university for the last year which has been awesome. Unfortunately my contract ends so I am on a (so far unrewarding) job hunt which has me a little anxious. Still domestically ensconced with the mister and the now very hip(but still lovely) Resident Teen.

Lovely to see you, you should stick around!

+Quote Post
mandolyn
post May 26 2010, 12:10 PM
Post #50

Hardcore BUSTie

hey, my account still works! yay!

so relieved to see this thread hasnít completely died. Iíve wanted to check in for ages, but I've been too afraid that no one will be here. And I know Iím one of the ones who jumped ship - thanks to the antics of TPTB - and contributed to others jumping ship. So, kudos to you guys for keeping the kvetch fires burning.

I so canít stand FB. mad.gif I get sucked in so I can stalk and keep tabs on people like my brother & sister and cousins-who-annoy-me. Which is ridiculous. I feel like such an old fuck Ö ďwhatever happened to writing emails?Ē instead of ďwhatever happened to picking up the goddamn phone?Ē FB is such a cursory method of keeping in touch, which I guess has itís good points. At least itís a form of touching base.

I deleted a bunch of people yesterday. testing to see who notices, if anyone, hee.

I miss the freedom of bust Ė not having to always watch what I say in case it gets back to one of my husbandís crap cousins or my kid's friends' mothers. *serious eye roll* even with all this computer time on my hands, I have zero patience for FBís privacy controls. I'm toying with the idea of deleting everyone except busties.

k. enough anti-FB ranting.

Iím doing really well. very much cancer-free, despite being MORE afraid of the cancer coming back now than I was when I was initially diagnosed, go figure. (my beloved breast surgeon told me yesterday, ďstop worrying, stop trying to control everything, and LIVE YOUR LIFE! Leave the worrying to me.Ē) finally losing last year's chemo weight, exercising & even working out with my brother, the personal trainer.

i'm back to having hair issues. (yes, the world is back to its correct tilt now, hee!) it's better than being bald, tho.

Getting ready to send the kidlet off to college. Heís graduating at the end of june. Ack. I still have a hard time wrapping my brain around this. Like every other parent in the universe, Iím torn between being really really happy for him, knowing heís going to have a fabulous time Ö and being really really sad about not having him home every day.

Would love to know how everyone else is doing, because, yes, I am FB-challenged and have a hard time equating bust names with real names. but also because this place was always about honest, heart-warming touching-bases. *heart*

i don't just miss the freedom of bust, i miss busties & bustlandia.

Is anyone still LJ-ing?

(((damona, syb, kitten, catlady, star, missjoy)))

--------------------
"... what i want is what i've not got
and what i need is all around me."

+Quote Post
damona
post May 22 2010, 02:58 PM
Post #51

can i go to bed now?

as it turned out, i was getting myself all het up for nothing. the wedding ended up getting called off (long story, she was in it for the extra $$), and we all hung out in a group that night.

stargazer, i think you are right, i really am past the staggering-drunkenly-around type of party. i like to chill out with a couple friends, smoke up a bit, have interesting discussions... that's my kind of party lol.

syb, the boy has some physical issues that result from his drinking too much (he used to be on dialysis), but he still chooses to overindulge on occasion. and then for the next 3 days he's hurting and pissing blood and just generally ill. i know i can't make his choices for him, but it hurts me to see him hurting himself.

i don't think i really explained this, so... the boy is my boyfriend of almost a year and a half, and was one of my closest friends for a year before that. mr damona and i have had a polyamorus relationship for a very long time. the boy is also 20, which makes him 10 years younger than i. we've never said we were monogamous, but it's been more than a year since either of us was with anyone else (except me being with the mr). it's not just a physical thing, there is real love on all sides, and they are both my best friends.

all that said, i sometimes get those awful "nobody really loves me" feelings, and get myself all freaked out. i also have had a long struggle with jealousy, but that is, i think, directly related to my insecurities, because once i get comfortable with the idea, i'm don't go nuts anymore.

sorry this was kind of mememe, but i figured, what the hell, lay it all out there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post May 21 2010, 06:33 PM
Post #52

brown delicious

damona, sounds like you are just past all of that partying type of stuff. Did you find anything to entertain you and get you out of your boredom?

kittenb, sorry to hear about the job interview. At least, you were able to get the practice in with the interviewing skills.

syb, so glad to hear you are a GA AND Lost fan! We will have lots to dish about in the threads. WE HAVE TO TALK ABOUT GREYS!

kvetch: As the result of said GA epi, I was up late working on a presentation. I've come to the realization that I cannot work at the last minute like I used when I was in my early/mid 20s. Me tired!

antikvetch: I have an interview on Monday for a position that sounds good on paper. I hope this site lives up to its expectations. If not, I have another interview coming up. I will need major vibeage on Monday. If anything else, I hope I can land a post doc by June. I would really hate for this thing to drag out all summer. sad.gif

Undie report: white bra and black underwear

(((kvetchies)))

--------------------

+Quote Post
sybarite
post May 21 2010, 07:42 AM
Post #53

Happy Friday all! It is warm and sunny here, for once, so I am using the weather as an excuse to go for a walk soon... before returning to correcting essays. I plan to have them all done by tonight. I am also avoiding Lost and now Grey's Anatomy spoilers... GA is usually my fluffy viewing but it seems something major has happened, so now I'm intrigued. Hopefully they killed off Shepherd's sychophantic PA and Avery got it on with Christina...

With you at the jobs drawing board kitten... but any interview experience is good, I think!

Damona, did your dude go to the party? My mister and I tend to give each very long leashes (within monogamy)and I always figure that people aren't there for me to try and change them... but then again it depends if you have to deal with any sort of aftermath to his attending parties like these, in which case it becomes your problem too. Hope everything is okay post-party!

Looking forward to a chilled weekend once these essays are done. Today's knicker report: black undies with a pink ribbon and no brar as I am working from home. (I must have typed that sentence so many times on kvetch: what can I say, when a bra is not necessary I don't tend to wear one.)

+Quote Post
kittenb
post May 19 2010, 03:57 PM
Post #54

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

Hello all.
My job interview went well but it was definitely for a job I did not want. Too much case management, no health insurance. Back to the drawing board for me.
Currently, I am at a conference for my internship. I've attended this event before with my old job & I alwaya learn something new. Today was a seminar on emotional & psychological trauma. Tonight, of course, it homework for school. Soooooo close to being done.

Reading about the various food items has made me hungry. Lunch was terrible! Dry chicken & unappealing veggies. So tonight will be good burgers and tasty fries. smile.gif

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
damona
post May 18 2010, 11:32 AM
Post #55

can i go to bed now?

blah. i am so... bored, i guess. tired, too. just generally dragging around. can't find anything interesting to do, or anyone i really want to talk to or even anything i want to read. it's one of those days where i'm annoying myself b/c i just don't know what to DO. *grumble*

syb, your brunch sounded delish smile.gif i have to go grocery shopping tonite, after little d's therapy. tomatoes sound tasty... i hope i can find some decent ones.

the boy's army buddy is getting married today. is it awful of me that i kind of hope he doesn't go to the party tonite? it's just that i know there will be drinking and drugs and debauchery, and, while i love him dearly, he doesn't always make the best choices. it scares me when he goes to parties like this. am i just being controlling or paranoid or whatever? sometimes i think i am, but then i think of some of the stories i've heard... *sigh* i dunno.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sybarite
post May 16 2010, 07:04 AM
Post #56

Hey all... I'm down at my dad's place in the countryside so have been more or less offline for a few days, and I have to say I like it. I didn't want to totally abandon kvetch though! smile.gif

Now that teaching has finished I am under far less pressure at the uni. I'm trying to gear up towards writing a new critical essay though so am trying to clear space (head and time) to do that, while continuing to apply for jobs.

Kitten, when will you hear from the place that interviewed you? I too am a public transport user and would have to seriously think about any job which required me to drive.

SG, I get stabby thoughts for no good reason... often when I am on the aforementioned public transport! Purge away.

Damona, your evenings sound like great fun, sleep deprivation hangover notwithstanding.

I just finished brunch which today included tomatoes and olive oil, toast with egg and mustard, a heated leftover slice of takeaway pizza and a punnet of raspberries. Awesome.

+Quote Post
damona
post May 14 2010, 06:04 PM
Post #57

can i go to bed now?

mmm... plain rice for dinner. actually not being sarcastic, i love plain white rice. just a touch of butter and salt.

nothing much of any excitement around here today. blah.

undie report: none! tongue.gif just totally not feelin the restrictions today lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post May 14 2010, 04:06 PM
Post #58

brown delicious

kittenb, yeah, how did the interview go?

Hi D! biggrin.gif

kvetch: When immaturity and insecurity hit the fan, I try to maintain cool, but, get all stabby thoughts.

antikvetch: Thank goodness for the Lounge so I can purge these vile thoughts in such a public forum. biggrin.gif

antikvetch: It is Friday!

And with Friday goes.......
undie report: brown bra and black underwear

--------------------

+Quote Post
damona
post May 13 2010, 01:44 PM
Post #59

can i go to bed now?

kitten, how did the interview go?

cocl, i sure hope you stick around!

~*~*~*~get better vibes for stargazer~*~*~*~*~

the laundry pile in my house is, i swear, taller than i am. of course, the washing machine has been broken for months, and i've been hauling all my laundry over to the boy's apartment. pain in the ass, even if he does just live around the corner. dragging 6 peoples laundry over to someone elses place is a huge undertaking, especially if you miss a couple days. ugh.

stayed up far too late last night, eating vegan brownies and too sweet coffee, discussing the political climate of the u.k., whether hydrogen cars really are in our near future, and the economic futures of france vs. germany. it was a very interesting evening. but it lasted til 5am, and now i'm all out of sorts.

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post May 11 2010, 03:30 PM
Post #60

brown delicious

*~*~*job vibes for kittenb*~*~*

kvetch: This sinus infection is still kicking my ass. Seriously, I want to feel back to somewhat normal.

kvetch2: I've been having heart palpitations and I think it might be related to caffeine in the coffee. sad.gif

(((busties)))

--------------------

+Quote Post

562 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 28, 2014 - 02:50 AM