The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
culturehandy
post Dec 1 2009, 11:31 AM
Post #41

(o)(o)

Tree, have you considered Blundstones?

Garmont also makes an amazing shoe. I have a pair of these winter boots, and they are amazing. They were a little pricey, but well worth it.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Dec 1 2009, 04:00 AM
Post #42

cryostat bitch

hehe, you said "uggs" and I thought "crocs" and was visualizing you in crocs for some reason. Yikes!

I am sad that I cannot find non-Uggy boots that are as flexible on the ankles as Uggs are. Working on freezers and having to get up and down off the floor and kneeling on the floor for a good portion of the day, regular boots are sucky because they don't let my ankles flex and are hard on my knees. And winter is coming. Yuck. If anybody knows of any boots that would work for me, give me a shout. Please??

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Nov 30 2009, 08:54 AM
Post #43

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

This might belong in the "Confessions" thread but...I finally had to sell out my Ugg hate. I bought some knock-off Uggs during Thanksgiving sales (& my mom's employee discount) to use as slipper/houseshoes. My feet are giving me so many problems and they are soft and my orthotics fit in them and they provide ankle support, which most slippers do not. Now the scary part is that they are comfy enough that I want to wear them everywhere. And that I just can't do.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Nov 30 2009, 05:58 AM
Post #44

it's cards on the table time

Spotted this morning (in 30sF temps): girl wearing jacket, beret, a man's striped shirt...and opaque tights. She must literally be freezing her ass off.

As the fug girls say: consider pants.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Nov 29 2009, 09:22 AM
Post #45

(o)(o)

I like wellies, they can be really cute, but add a heel?? All cuteness goes out the window.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
rogue
post Nov 29 2009, 07:57 AM
Post #46

Hardcore BUSTie

Wouldn't those just be dangerous in the rain? I mean, yes, all for the sake of "fashion", but I'm more into not getting myself killed than looking good. blink.gif

--------------------
Vixi liber et moriar.

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Nov 28 2009, 09:00 AM
Post #47

Hardcore BUSTie

Why, why, why?

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Nov 27 2009, 03:02 PM
Post #48

(o)(o)

Oh dear. Those are pretty ugly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pinkypunkee
post Nov 27 2009, 02:29 PM
Post #49

Sorry if these have already been mentioned...but I just had to add because I need to share the queasyness I feel when I look at these - 'High Heeled Wellies'!!! ohmy.gif Wrong

--------------------
Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity. (Khalil Gibran, 1926)

+Quote Post
ananke
post Nov 24 2009, 07:43 PM
Post #50

Hardcore BUSTie

Those skirt/shirt/dress combos are ridic popular at department stores here. It's so odd.

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Nov 24 2009, 11:09 AM
Post #51

Hardcore BUSTie

that's like stuff I was made to wear as a kid to fancy functions. All in one so as not to complicate kids lifestyles, why would adults wear this? Plus if I want to wear the skirt/blouse with something else I can't now cos they are stitched together. ODD

QUOTE(Persiflager @ Nov 24 2009, 03:52 AM) *
Shamefully presenting...the all-in-one skirt and blouse dress! For when wearing two items of clothing at once is just too complicated!

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Nov 24 2009, 08:23 AM
Post #52

(o)(o)

How.strange.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Nov 24 2009, 06:52 AM
Post #53

Hardcore BUSTie

Shamefully presenting...the all-in-one skirt and blouse dress! For when wearing two items of clothing at once is just too complicated!

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Nov 1 2009, 08:48 AM
Post #54

Hardcore BUSTie

I totally stuck my foot in my mouth and basically ended up insulting a friend but seriously, what she bought was so ugly! I met up with m friends at my school's pub on Friday and a lot of them were dressed up and one of them was wearing a kid's Batman costume. She kept talking about how cheap it was because she got it from a salvation army store or something.

Anyway, she also had this horrible looking bleach swirled jean jacket, which I assumed was also from the Salvation Army store. I wish I had a picture because it's one of those "comeback" things that you want to throw back into the 80s and never see again. When she said that she bought it from Urban Outfitters and spent quite a bit of money on it I accidentally blurted out, "You bought that on purpose?!"

Yep, I'm an asshole. But that jacket is fugly.

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Nov 1 2009, 04:28 AM
Post #55

cryostat bitch

this on an older lady sitting at the pub:

Corderouy shirt
Gray plaid men's lounge pants
Pink Crocs with socks underneath

--------------------

+Quote Post
rogue
post Oct 26 2009, 09:50 AM
Post #56

Hardcore BUSTie

I wear my FUGGS (Fake Uggs, hehe) tucked into my yoga pants but only when I'm running around on a weekend and don't care what I look like/I'm just too lazy to pull my pants out of them when I pull them on. Most times they remain on my feet with my pants over them. I guess I'm an eyesore but I don't care either way. laugh.gif

I totally get it though, which is why I don't do it all the time. I do think men in Uggs is kind of strange, though. It just looks...off. As for flip-flops, meh. Doesn't bother me who wears them, sometimes it's just too hot for anything else!

Crocs are just a no any day of the week. My mother has pink ones and I have second-hand embarrassment.

--------------------
Vixi liber et moriar.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Oct 26 2009, 09:40 AM
Post #57

(o)(o)

What is with the eye sore that is uggs tucked into sweat pants??

I don't know what's worse, a frat boy in uggs or flip flops. Both are vomitous.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 25 2009, 06:27 PM
Post #58

Big Fat Bitch

The flipflops are worse. Even with a pedi, man feet are not very attractive. Uggs just look ridiculous, not grotesque.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Oct 25 2009, 06:00 PM
Post #59

Hardcore BUSTie

I don't know what's worse. Douchey frat boys in flip flops without a pedicure or douchebag hipster boys WEARING UGGS. you be the judge.

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Sep 28 2009, 07:24 PM
Post #60

cryostat bitch

short, polka dotted crop top.

Fuschia Leggings.

Ugg boots.

--------------------

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 24, 2014 - 02:22 PM