271 Pages V  « < 123 124 125 126 127 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
knorl05
post Dec 11 2007, 04:56 PM
Post #2481

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Dec 11 2007, 04:57 PM) *
forgot to add that while you're taking it you're not supposed to have any alcohol whatsoever.

oops. yeah me too. what does it do anyway? i had two drinks last night. that should be cool eh? i mean, i'm fine, just real drained today. but that could also be due to long night we had .. and that i havent really been drinking much water lately. just wondering, is flagyl hard on the liver or kidneys maybe? or do you think the alcohol counteracts the effects of the drug?

--------------------
We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
- M.C. Escher
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Dec 11 2007, 02:02 PM
Post #2482

BUSTie

QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Dec 11 2007, 02:12 PM) *
Hey!! I made my own, got my products on Amazon.com Bought the capsules and the powder, and it took about 5 days for it to get to me. I got the 12 oz bottle of powder, but they have a 4 oz bottle available too. I think the 4 oz was like $2.50?? or something like that.

one more thing...do you have pain and irritation with your infection? does the boric acid help with that? I hear alot about how it helps with the smell but to be honest the pain is bothering me alot more than the smell. Gross, I know (sorry ladies) unsure.gif

--------------------
"Insanity is the only sane reaction to an insane society. -Thomas Szas

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Dec 11 2007, 02:01 PM
Post #2483

BUSTie

QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Dec 11 2007, 02:12 PM) *
Hey!! I made my own, got my products on Amazon.com Bought the capsules and the powder, and it took about 5 days for it to get to me. I got the 12 oz bottle of powder, but they have a 4 oz bottle available too. I think the 4 oz was like $2.50?? or something like that.

I am going to try it tonight. This is becoming more and more unbearable. I hope the Flagyl works but I need some immediate relief. Are you doing it twice a day or once at night only?

--------------------

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Dec 11 2007, 12:55 PM
Post #2484

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 11 2007, 02:07 PM) *
Thats great news! Did you buy the yeast arrest or make your own? I have the Yeast Arrest here and am thinking of trying it with the Flagyl to see if I can 'attack from both sides' wink.gif

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Dec 11 2007, 12:50 PM
Post #2485

BUSTie

QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Dec 11 2007, 02:03 PM) *
OMG!!! I just started my boric acid regimen last night.. and today, THANK GOD!! THERE IS NO SMELL. Barely any discharge at all. I am thoroughly amazed and pleased. My hubby asked me last night what the heck i was putting in there, LOL And he freaked out when I said boric acid. But, hey if it works.... i'll keep using it! I'll keep yall updated.

Thats great news! Did you buy the yeast arrest or make your own? I have the Yeast Arrest here and am thinking of trying it with the Flagyl to see if I can 'attack from both sides' wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Dec 11 2007, 12:46 PM
Post #2486

Hardcore BUSTie

OMG!!! I just started my boric acid regimen last night.. and today, THANK GOD!! THERE IS NO SMELL. Barely any discharge at all. I am thoroughly amazed and pleased. My hubby asked me last night what the heck i was putting in there, LOL And he freaked out when I said boric acid. But, hey if it works.... i'll keep using it! I'll keep yall updated.

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Dec 11 2007, 12:40 PM
Post #2487

BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Dec 11 2007, 11:57 AM) *
the generic flagyl works very well for easing BV symptoms, however the recurrence rate of BV returning after finishing the medication is pretty high. i'm actually taking the generic right now and so far things are going very well for me. the only thing i don't like about the flagyl is that it leaves a metallic taste in my mouth and turns my urine super dark....but other than that it's pretty good. forgot to add that while you're taking it you're not supposed to have any alcohol whatsoever.

Hi Jularee,
Thanks for the reply. Have you done anything else WITH the Flagyl? Or are you just on that right now? Today is day two on it for me and I havent yet had any side effects (knock on wood). I am praying I DON'T get a yeast infection with it....which is how this whole cycle started. dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jularee
post Dec 11 2007, 10:40 AM
Post #2488

BUSTie

QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 11 2007, 09:07 AM) *
Hey jularee,
I am thinking about trying the med by mouth and the boric acid...simply to ease the discomfort. I dont know though....still kinda afraid to make matters worse down there. The dr put me on the generic for Flagyl. Have you tried it? Any luck with it?

the generic flagyl works very well for easing BV symptoms, however the recurrence rate of BV returning after finishing the medication is pretty high. i'm actually taking the generic right now and so far things are going very well for me. the only thing i don't like about the flagyl is that it leaves a metallic taste in my mouth and turns my urine super dark....but other than that it's pretty good. forgot to add that while you're taking it you're not supposed to have any alcohol whatsoever.

+Quote Post
jularee
post Dec 11 2007, 10:35 AM
Post #2489

BUSTie

QUOTE(optomistic1 @ Dec 10 2007, 09:48 PM) *
So i've been reading this forum for a couple of days now. I also think I suffer from BV, this may be a dumb question, but for those of you that have been tested, how does the doctor usually test you for BV?

yeah it's pretty much like fbgirl said. the docs will use a speculum and a couple of q-tip type swabs to get a sample of your discharge. Usually there in the office while you're waiting they will look at the samples under a microscope to see if it has any clue cells, bacteria, lactobacillus, trich, yeast, etc. it's usually a quick procedure.

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post Dec 11 2007, 09:02 AM
Post #2490

BUSTie

Just checking in to see how things are going for everyone....I am still doing well with the yeast arrest..I continue to take it for 5 days total in a month just for maintaining during and after my period.. No smell still but I monitor it on a daily basis.. I dont believe that I found an actual cure for bv but I do believe that yeast arrest has worked very well for me and serves as a wonderful source of continuing to maintain my bv free status...
I will be around...
Stay in the fight ladies....

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Dec 11 2007, 06:50 AM
Post #2491

BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Dec 10 2007, 12:22 PM) *
Have you tried using the boric acid yet? I hear it's good for treating yeast and BV, so i you do have concurrent yeast/BV the boric acid may provide some relief. Good luck with your decision! smile.gif

Hey jularee,
I am thinking about trying the med by mouth and the boric acid...simply to ease the discomfort. I dont know though....still kinda afraid to make matters worse down there. The dr put me on the generic for Flagyl. Have you tried it? Any luck with it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Dec 11 2007, 06:48 AM
Post #2492

BUSTie

QUOTE(optomistic1 @ Dec 10 2007, 08:48 PM) *
So i've been reading this forum for a couple of days now. I also think I suffer from BV, this may be a dumb question, but for those of you that have been tested, how does the doctor usually test you for BV?

They generally do a pap-smear like procedure. They take a sample of the fluid and look under the microscope and also do a 'whiff' test (add a chemical to see if it gives off a strong odor indicating BV). I think they also culture it to be sure it isnt anything else.
From experience, I can say out of the three doctors I have seen over the past three months (one being my GYN I was with for 10 years)...only the last doctor I saw was THAT thorough. The other two seemed to think they could look at the discharge and tell me what it was. This resulted in treatment which didnt work and seemed to make things worse (I treated for yeast when in fact it was BV).
Just my experience though....Good luck to you and let us know what works!

--------------------

+Quote Post
optomistic1
post Dec 10 2007, 07:31 PM
Post #2493

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Dec 10 2007, 03:10 PM
Post #2494

BUSTie

I went to the Dr and it is BV. At least I know it ISN'T yeast (right now). She gave me a med to take by mouth- twice a day. Something with an "M"....not sure the name and dropped the script off at the pharmacy already....
I know she said NO ALCOHOL with it. She said it should clear it right up. Anyone tried this?

--------------------

+Quote Post
jularee
post Dec 10 2007, 11:05 AM
Post #2495

BUSTie

QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 10 2007, 09:26 AM) *
HELP!!! GOD i hate this. mad.gif
So I thought my mysterious yeast/bv infection was cleared up by my period. Or so, I was praying. Then yesterday I had discomfort there again...and checked it out....only to confirm that gross watery whitish discharge.
I have the boric acid and a script for Terazol.
I am also inclined to see ANOTHER GYN. But not sure why....they are divided it seems on BV and yeast.

Should I just go for the boric Acid? Dont know what the hell to do anymore. its been 3 frickin months. sad.gif

Have you tried using the boric acid yet? I hear it's good for treating yeast and BV, so i you do have concurrent yeast/BV the boric acid may provide some relief. Good luck with your decision! smile.gif

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Dec 10 2007, 07:09 AM
Post #2496

BUSTie

HELP!!! GOD i hate this. mad.gif
So I thought my mysterious yeast/bv infection was cleared up by my period. Or so, I was praying. Then yesterday I had discomfort there again...and checked it out....only to confirm that gross watery whitish discharge.
I have the boric acid and a script for Terazol.
I am also inclined to see ANOTHER GYN. But not sure why....they are divided it seems on BV and yeast.

Should I just go for the boric Acid? Dont know what the hell to do anymore. its been 3 frickin months. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Dec 10 2007, 12:07 AM
Post #2497

Hardcore BUSTie

nice. thanks ladies.. wink.gif

--------------------
We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
jularee
post Dec 10 2007, 12:00 AM
Post #2498

BUSTie

Here's an awesome link from the vaginapagina page that taught me a lot about boric acid usage. Hope this helps!

http://community.livejournal.com/vaginapagina/4554521.html

+Quote Post
jularee
post Dec 9 2007, 11:49 PM
Post #2499

BUSTie

prvtpuss -- i'm sorry to hear about your situation. i've honestly never heard of the vagina smelling like pus, so I agree with knorl -- try not to stress yourself out and see a doc as soon as possible. how much longer til you reach the states and are able to get treatment?

+Quote Post
glitzz
post Dec 9 2007, 11:45 PM
Post #2500

QUOTE(prvtpuss @ Dec 7 2007, 07:03 PM) *
so, i took 2g of flagyl yesterday and had sex last night (stupid, i know). no semen was involved, but this morning i woke up to greenish yellow discharge on my toilet paper when i urinated. it smelled like pus, no trace of BV smell. i know at this point, i just need to see a doctor, but i'm in a developing country and i go home to the states in a week and a half, so i'm just holding off. no fever, which is good.

anyone ever have this experience?

hi just reading your post and i don't think you should worry about grossing anyone out since we didn't call any of these horrible symptoms on our selves anywho i never had any colored discharge with my bv just grayish our kinda white, but i read on line that green or yellow discharge is a symptom on trichomoniasis not sure if thats the right spelling which is an std

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 123 124 125 126 127 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 2, 2014 - 12:47 PM