Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

294 Pages V  « < 197 198 199 200 201 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BustSecret: Ordinary Confessions from Extraordinary Busties
llamas
post May 18 2007, 01:55 PM
Post #3961

Hardcore BUSTie

I have a problem with a lot of Christians who are even slightly fundamentalist too, as so much nastiness (racism, sexism, homophobia, war, etc.) is based upon their version of "faith." Love one another, my ass.

Also, I got way too much joy out of imagining flinging my stapler over the cube wall to make the annoying woman on the other side shut up.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ginger_kitty
post May 18 2007, 01:39 PM
Post #3962

Hardcore BUSTie

I laughed when I heard a lady I don't like at work fell and hurt herself. She tried to get me fired before, so I just dislike her as a person.

I often have trouble with Christians, as well. I just can't wrap my hand around the beliefs or the blind faith.

--------------------
-We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.

-What we think, we become.

+Quote Post
Arcadia
post May 18 2007, 12:00 PM
Post #3963

Hardcore BUSTie

Anytime, misslady!
I also agree with you about Christians. I'm not too good when dealing with them, either.

I must sound like some horrible girl, but really, I do like a lot of people.
Not just *specific* types.

--------------------
"Humans are the only animals that have children on purpose - with the exception of guppies, who like to eat theirs."
- P.J. O'Rourke

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post May 18 2007, 11:36 AM
Post #3964

(o)(o)

I just glot flipped over at work, but I'm not too excited about it.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
missladyj
post May 18 2007, 10:20 AM
Post #3965

Hardcore BUSTie

thanks arcadia

I have always since I was a kid thought that Christians were just not real bright. I mean actually believing that a virgin could have a kid. Didn't these people know how children were made? Every once in awhile I see a post and it reminds me why I thought these people were just not too bright.

I also thought nuns were lesbians because once, while driving past a convent, my sister turned to me and said
" They do things to each other with crosses".

+Quote Post
Arcadia
post May 17 2007, 04:59 PM
Post #3966

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(missladyj @ May 13 2007, 09:45 AM) *
I despise my sister.

I know I should have more empathy but I am just so sick of her bullshit, everyones bullshit. I would be fine if my family just left me alone.

I understand wholeheartedly, misslady.

People think it's weird that I'm not very family oriented, but I can't help it. I've never really cared about my family, except for my mother and the mister. The rest . . . . meh.

Is that weird? blink.gif

--------------------
"Humans are the only animals that have children on purpose - with the exception of guppies, who like to eat theirs."
- P.J. O'Rourke

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post May 15 2007, 09:47 AM
Post #3967

(o)(o)

I love what extreme makeover does, but I also cannot stand the people.

Mcmansions *snorts* the urban sprawl where I live reminds me too much of the houses in Edward Scissor Hands, all the same, but in different colours. Scary.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
knorl05
post May 15 2007, 09:25 AM
Post #3968

Hardcore BUSTie

love it, "Yeah, like we need to encourage the urban sprawl of McMansions in America's suburbs"... fucking classic.

--------------------
We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
missladyj
post May 14 2007, 04:23 PM
Post #3969

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks CH, I really needed to hear that!

Rose, I am totally gonna try watching without the volume. All those people annoy the shit out of me but they do really help people out plus I prefer home makeover to the human makeover.

+Quote Post
skinwithoutscars
post May 13 2007, 09:35 PM
Post #3970

BUSTie

i could be at a party right now, and with a bit of effort, probably hook up with a cute boy who's totally socially awkward and generally adorable. but part of me is like, meh. i'm worried i'd be dissecting things while doing it and just generally not into it and that's a crappy way to be. it's odd to me that only now as i'm older am i worried about being self-conscious, or maybe just conscious. conscious of my actions. i suppose that's a good sign - being in the moment and actually paying attention, with my eyes open, as opposed to the whole teenagerhood after-we-make-out-we'll-fall-in-love-and-have-babies kind of thing. getting swept up in that whole romance illusion isn't particularly effective anymore. a casual hookup is just that. but begin disilluseioned makes me worry that i'll never have a casual hookup again. i'm also worried i'll never again get to be attracted to someone, really attracted to them, and actually get to then sleep with that person. it's a really unappetizing future to contemplate.

--------------------
I've stepped off the plane. Half of me is panicked that I've forgotten my parachute,
but no small part of me is thrilled to be flying.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post May 13 2007, 08:48 PM
Post #3971

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

QUOTE(roseviolet @ May 13 2007, 07:15 PM) *
I really love the concept of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" but I HATEHATEHATE the hosts on the show. They are so loud! And overly excited & emotional. They annoy the crap out of me. Sometimes I still like to watch the show, but I only keep the sound on for the beginning part when they tell the recipient family's background. After that, my TV goes on mute. ohmy.gif

Ha, ha, you're so right, Rose. You know what the nickname for that show, right? Tears for Sears. They're just so fucking self-congratulatory- "Oh, this family needed us sooo much, thank god we're here to save them!" And they do pick completely deserving families. No argument on that. They do make huge impacts on people's lives. They're just so damn obnoxious about it. Like you, I watch the introduction to the family and the reveal. I don't care about all of the process. Plus, it's all so product-placement-y. I know that's how they make their $$, but could they be any more obvious about it?

There's a similar show out there, called Home Team. It doesn't look like it's even on anymore, but I caught a couple episodes in re-runs. They pick a deserving family who wants to buy their first home, but for whatever reason can't. They find an existing house that maybe needs some work and enlist the families of the recipient to do all the work (with the help of professionals)...they make it very comfortable, with good quality stuff, just not so over-the-top as Extreme Makeover. It was so much more enjoyable to watch. Plus, I liked that they used existing, modest houses. Yeah, like we need to encourage the urban sprawl of McMansions in America's suburbs.

Whenever my mom and I watch Extreme Makeover, we joke that either she or my dad would have to die or come down with some horrible disease to get on the show (their house needs a lot of work!). Terrible. But true.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post May 13 2007, 05:58 PM
Post #3972

Pacifism kicks ass!

I really love the concept of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" but I HATEHATEHATE the hosts on the show. They are so loud! And overly excited & emotional. They annoy the crap out of me. Sometimes I still like to watch the show, but I only keep the sound on for the beginning part when they tell the recipient family's background. After that, my TV goes on mute. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post May 13 2007, 03:36 PM
Post #3973

(o)(o)

Missladyj, my mother doesn't speak to her sister, and I am firm believer that the whole family is blood and blood is thicker than water is a big load of bullshit. If a person is an asshole, they are an asshole, and it shouldn't matter if they are family are not.

Dasiy, I think it is wonderful what you are doing. Your ex boss deserves to be thrown in a cage.

I tell the BUSTies more than what I tell some of my IRL friends. I know you won't judge me.

I have been guilty of drinking and driving. On a few occasions. I have since stopped.

I love spending money.

I love watching tv shows on DVD. Like The Simpsons, Futurama, Roseanne, and SpongeBob Square pants.

I like being pretentious sometimes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
missladyj
post May 13 2007, 06:28 AM
Post #3974

Hardcore BUSTie

I despise my sister.

I know I should have more empathy but I am just so sick of her bullshit, everyones bullshit. I would be fine if my family just left me alone.

+Quote Post
zoya
post May 12 2007, 04:35 PM
Post #3975

uh huh.

one more....

I am starting to question whether I want kids. I mean, I love kids, and I think it would be fun to have one - but having or not having kids has never been a dealbreaker for me in a relationship. Now that I'm getting to be in the age where it's becoming less realistic physically, I'm starting to think I might be swinging in the direction of just not doing it, on purpose. I mean, I'm pretty set in my life, and honestly at this point if I had to pick having a great relationship with no kids over waiting to find the right guy to have kids with, I'd take the great relationship and no kids.

+Quote Post
zoya
post May 12 2007, 02:07 PM
Post #3976

uh huh.

I hate my job. And I notice that I'm slipping because I'm just coasting every day, because I want to be doing something else.

My job is hindering my personal life. I never used to think so, but now I see it.

I want to move to the UK. more and more each day. I'm going to make it happen.

I want to stop needing to define things with guys so early (too early) in the game and just relax, enjoy, and get to know the person so I can see if they are someone I'd like to be with, rather than jumping so quick it spooks them.

I want to stop creating self fulfilling prophecies - I get so afraid of something I don't want to happen happening that I end up creating it.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post May 11 2007, 04:21 PM
Post #3977

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Oh, please go after him, DaisyJane- that's awful. The feds do not mess around with that shit, either.

LeBoy's mom has a cousin who has a buffalo ranch in Colorado. He owns a bunch of land and people pay to come hunt the buffalo, then he processes the meat (I know that this all pretty ethical- they do actually hunt the buffalo, they're not in a pen or anything and they use all the meat, even if the client doesn't want it, it still gets processed and sold.)

Last fall, he had a customer who came for a hunt, and afterwards, the guy's check bounced. The guy was an asshole and still wanted his meat, and the cousin refused to give it to him since the guy didn't pay for anything.

Well, about a month later, the feds descended upon him, in the middle of the night, busted his door down, confiscated all of his stuff- records, computers, everything. Turns out that this a-hole had reported that they had 10-foot fences on the property and there were dead elk all over. Basically, a buffalo farm owns their land, they own their buffalo, and if an elk wanders onto the property, the hunters can shoot it. But, the elk are not considered the property of the owner and they're not supposed to be hindered in any way from leaving the property (which is what a 10-foot high fence would do) so if he did in fact have these fences that were hindering the elk that would be illegal. After a couple months of legal hassles, they started to believe that the cousin was legit, and they had someone come inspect the facility. They were so impressed with how by-the-book it was run that he exceeded the federal regulations, everything was perfect. Even after that, 5 months later (and tens of thousands of $$ in legal fees) he still doesn't have all of his stuff back, but at least he can proudly say they are surpassing regulations. I don't know if the government is going to go after the guy for filing a false report (oo, and on a federal level? That was d-u-m-b!), but I hope so.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
DaisyJane
post May 11 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #3978

BUSTie

Thanks Culture. Yea, I was an exotic animal trainer in training kind of thing. Certain things would go down like once we got a baby Bengal Tiger (illegal to possess at all) and it was about 3 weeks old. We bottle fed it for weeks. My boss told me that if anyone asks, the tiger was 10 weeks old.
They now have a baby bear that I know is also under the legal age limit to have an endangered animal. They are all felonies hes playing with in regards to the Endangered Species Act. They do jobs (commercials and movies) and filter the money in through other companies they made up to not pay taxes. Its such a load of bullshit. Hes been sued and re sued before. He was in jail for awhile but he changes his name so hes less catch-able when he gets out.

It didnt help that he called my black lesbian friend a 'n****r dyke carpet muncher" in front of her face. Or called another friend of mine a 'faggot towel head' and then when my grandmother was in the hospital, saying "well havent you ever watched your grandma die? They twitch like this"

So I COULD be nice and not report them but I dont really feel like being nice anymore. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post May 11 2007, 09:18 AM
Post #3979

(o)(o)

Daisy good for you on reporting your boss!

I am a very liberal person, but I am sick and tired of peole expecting the country to support them and not working or even looking for work.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DaisyJane
post May 10 2007, 03:50 PM
Post #3980

BUSTie

I secretly am trying to get my old boss to go to prison, so I have called the ASPCA, PeTA, and World Wildlife Fund on him. I also told my dad that I heard he does alot of tax evasion so my dad will contact the IRS (dad is a cop and I worked at an exotic animal 'shelter') and they will bust him.

Im also debating on telling my best friend whos brothers are part of the Mexican Mafia as well.

+Quote Post

294 Pages V  « < 197 198 199 200 201 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 17, 2014 - 05:43 AM