The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oprah: She'll Cut A Bitch..., oprah and related shows get busted!
coffeebean
post Nov 16 2009, 08:31 AM
Post #21

Hardcore BUSTie

Agreed Koffeewitch and Allison-Shine!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Allison-Shine
post Nov 15 2009, 09:55 PM
Post #22

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(coffeebean @ Nov 13 2009, 08:42 AM) *
Okay so I saw a few clips of Oprah's interview with the woman who was attacked by her chimpanzee. When asked by Oprah 'do you remember anything about the attack?' the woman responded by saying something along the lines of 'no i don't remember any of it and the doctors don't want me to remember because they think if I do it will be too traumatizing and I may have to be medicated for it.' All of this is fine. However, in response to this woman, Oprah then goes on to ask specific questions that could POSSIBLY trigger this woman's memories....giving details about the 911 call, what the woman had said, the fact that the woman was in her car afterwards etc.

It was almost as if Oprah was trying to get her to remember. Like the wheels were spinning thinking - wouldn't it be great for my ratings if she remembered right on camera! Sometimes I really do get the feeling that Oprah does not care about these people - similar to the people who come on the show to share their weight loss stories and Oprah is resentful and not happy for them at all. Gah!

I saw clips of that interview too, I found it tasteless, exploitative and disturbing all at the same time. What sent me over the edge was when Oprah got up and pulled the woman's veil up herself, she just could not wait to show the whole effing world this poor woman's disfigurement. Like she was a greedy, spoiled child on Christmas morning that could not wait patiently to open up her gift. I can't believe all the sheep that still follow this woman and watch her show. I proud to say that I am always at work on weekdays and never stuck at home watching this garbage. Between all these talk shows and "judge" shows, I think after a few days of watching this crap would kill almost all my brain cells. It's beyond drivel.

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Nov 15 2009, 12:22 PM
Post #23

Hardcore BUSTie

Honestly, coffeebean, I even hate it when they play those traumatic 911 calls on talk shows. It strkes me as sensationalized exploitation of the victim and is generally just in extremely bad taste. Golly gee, let's all listen in to this person having the most desparate, horrible moment of their entire life. Did everyone hear all the details and the terror/pain/trauma in the caller's voice? Like too bad we couldn't get the chimp live on camera ripping the woman's hands and face off! There's a show for us all.

--------------------
"The U.S. is the only nation on Earth to pass from barbarism into decadence without once passing through an era of civilization."

+Quote Post
coffeebean
post Nov 13 2009, 08:42 AM
Post #24

Hardcore BUSTie

Okay so I saw a few clips of Oprah's interview with the woman who was attacked by her chimpanzee. When asked by Oprah 'do you remember anything about the attack?' the woman responded by saying something along the lines of 'no i don't remember any of it and the doctors don't want me to remember because they think if I do it will be too traumatizing and I may have to be medicated for it.' All of this is fine. However, in response to this woman, Oprah then goes on to ask specific questions that could POSSIBLY trigger this woman's memories....giving details about the 911 call, what the woman had said, the fact that the woman was in her car afterwards etc.

It was almost as if Oprah was trying to get her to remember. Like the wheels were spinning thinking - wouldn't it be great for my ratings if she remembered right on camera! Sometimes I really do get the feeling that Oprah does not care about these people - similar to the people who come on the show to share their weight loss stories and Oprah is resentful and not happy for them at all. Gah!

+Quote Post
coffeebean
post Nov 10 2009, 01:04 PM
Post #25

Hardcore BUSTie

To be honest - I never watch Oprah. However, I tuned in yesterday to see the Ellen interview. She and Portia just seem like 'real' people. It was very touching to see them together as a couple and to be so loving toward each other.

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Nov 10 2009, 12:20 PM
Post #26

PANTIES! ew.

It was pretty good to see Ellen on yesterday. Anyone else catch it?

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Nov 1 2009, 07:10 AM
Post #27

(o)(o)

I was more or less posting the article more about ratings than anything.

I could honestly care less about Oprah.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Nov 1 2009, 02:06 AM
Post #28

brown delicious

oops, i meant to direct this post to CH's link. Sorry cocl!

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Oct 31 2009, 04:47 PM
Post #29

the moistiest

cocl, did you read the article in O? I don't think the person who wrote this article has the right to judge a mother's right to write about her son. It wasn't like she was glorifying his act of violence. If we are to make sense or learn more about others, then we have to be willing to not judge their families. It has to do with compassion.

i think i missed a step...? blink.gif

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Oct 31 2009, 02:39 PM
Post #30

brown delicious

Did anyone watch the interview with Lisa Niemi (Patrick Swayze's wife) this past Friday? It was pretty touching and sad. I wasn't expecting that from the show. It seemed like a pretty real relationship which is nice to hear about with a celebrity.

cocl, did you read the article in O? I don't think the person who wrote this article has the right to judge a mother's right to write about her son. It wasn't like she was glorifying his act of violence. If we are to make sense or learn more about others, then we have to be willing to not judge their families. It has to do with compassion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Oct 27 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #31

the moistiest

i'm very. very. curious to see s. palin on oprah.

eta: and ch, long live judge judy!

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Oct 27 2009, 08:15 AM
Post #32

(o)(o)

Number 5, if Oprah should fall.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Sep 27 2009, 08:52 AM
Post #33

Pacifism kicks ass!

My favorite part of Friday's show was the bit with Harry Conncik Jr. - especially the interview. I think Oprah asked him how he maintains a happy relationship with his wife/family when he has to travel all the time. His response: hookers. Clearly he was trying to make a joke, but the audience's response was stunned silence! It was hilarious!

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Sep 27 2009, 07:51 AM
Post #34

PANTIES! ew.

I watched the Friday show, the followup to Mack's interview. It was just a little too voyeuristic even for me. Her sister "finding g0d"? ugh. Typical. But, you know, whatever works. I had a sneaking feeling that Valerie Bertinelli was going to be on. I found it very interesting that others knew she and her father were fucking (words fail me -- "having sex" seems lacking), but that they called her out on the details in the book, like how can you remember those things in detail when you were in a drug-induced haze for decades? Hm.

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Sep 24 2009, 02:16 PM
Post #35

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Sep 23 2009, 01:42 PM) *
And she always insists she wasn't high during the interviews she gave, then when she comes back around admits that she was. Now it's that she & her dad carried on a long-term incestuous relationship. I'm not saying it isn't true, but I wonder, can she even discern the lies from the truths anymore?

I caught the last 15 minutes of her interview channel surfing yesterday...I really don't follow celebrity gossip very closely so I'm completely ignorant of Mackenzie's other/past scandals.

But I don't think it much matters if she was using drugs or not. If I were going in front of millions of viewers to talk about my sexual relationship with my father I'd probably want to numb myself, too. And if I had a habit going I most certainly would not want to be dopesick. If she's exploiting herself and her traumas for dope money, it's sad. The facts of the matter are that if she admits to still having an active drug problem (and I have no idea if she does or doesn't) no one will take her seriously. YES, addicts do lie, especially about their drug use. I do know that active users rarely keep their shit together well enough to actually publish books or make public appearances. They (or I should say "WE" because I have been one of them) talk and make beautiful plans when we have enough heroin or whatever-our-favorite-drug-is flowing through our veins, but 4 hours later when we have to go score more shit all those plans get put onto the back burner. So if Mackenzie actually wrote the book herself and continues to make appearances I think this will indicate a possible authentic sobriety on her part. Do I believe her story? I do. Statistics (unreliable though they may be) indicate that some 90% or more of women heroin addicts were sexually molested or raped. I've never known a heroin user to falsely create ugly "memories" that never happened...heroin users are too hell bent on trying to forget, escape, deny, and generally just not deal with the facts of their past.

AuralPoison, I understand how you feel; and some celebrities really seem to almost gloat over their victimhood like they crave attention in any form at all now that they're not Big Stars anymore. All the same, I do understand why she would choose to lie about her drug use when her drug use is not the point, or atleast not the main or only point of her story. I suspect if people could focus on something besides the drugs she wouldn't feel like lying was her only option. Too often I have admitted to doctors, social workers, etc. that I was an IV drug user A DECADE AGO and they still fail to hear anything I say after such an admission. It's a rare person who doesn't treat me differently after I've made such a confession. I guess I'm championing Mackenzie because I can somewhat relate to her.

--------------------
"The U.S. is the only nation on Earth to pass from barbarism into decadence without once passing through an era of civilization."

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Sep 23 2009, 12:42 PM
Post #36

Big Fat Bitch

Y'know, I'm really kind of disturbed by Mackenzie Phillips. I'm not gonna say the woman doesn't have legit issues, but it seems like every few years she pops up with a new scandal. Like, she's run out of drug money from her last round & needs to get more. And she always insists she wasn't high during the interviews she gave, then when she comes back around admits that she was. Now it's that she & her dad carried on a long-term incestuous relationship. I'm not saying it isn't true, but I wonder, can she even discern the lies from the truths anymore?

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Sep 21 2009, 07:27 PM
Post #37

PANTIES! ew.

laughing about Babs and that photo! My gosh. That hair thing could be the next Snuggie. I need the anti-Bump-it for my hair. Shit, I might have to wait until Friday before I can see an episode! My VCR doesn't hook up to my TV now that the rabbit ears have to go through the digital converter box. Goddamn forced obsolescence can suck it.

Oh, and on a totally serious note, I've noticed that as well about Oprah and rape/abuse survivors, but I didn't know if it was me putting my shit on her. Good to know I'm not the only one who has picked up on that.

Dr Phil's voice makes mah ears bleed like a stuck pig. AOWW)(U)(U$)($#)$(#%)(#*$)($%#)$(%#$#$%_)#%

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Sep 20 2009, 06:26 PM
Post #38

brown delicious

Yes, Oprah had a gold mic. You don't think the O would let Barbra Streisand be the only diva to have a special mic. If you remember, Babs had the crew create a white mic for her appearance on Oprah. Oprah was quite surprised and had no clue about the mic.

So, I caught up on the first week of Oprah. The Whitney Houston interview was interesting. I agree with RV that her voice sounded terrible. But, I think the years of smoking both pot and cigarettes have not treated her voice well.

I was worried that Oprah's reflection on Michael Jackson would be implying more depth to his death than needed. They showed her interview with Michael from years ago with her comments about some of the segments. Oprah had me cracking up with some of her feedback. Plus, I was cracking up with her dog sleeping on her lap as she talked during the show.

The Dr. Phil show...ugh, I so do not like him. I found Oprah to be counterproductive to a rape victim telling her that she should not have gotten into a car with a stranger. Uh, like she doesn't know that now or hasn't thought about that after the event. Oprah can be mean with sexual/physical abuse survivors even with her own history.

RV, omg, that bump! Her hair did have some height, huh? laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Sep 20 2009, 09:34 AM
Post #39

Pacifism kicks ass!

Here's the best photo I could find (scroll down).

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Sep 20 2009, 06:21 AM
Post #40

the moistiest

dammit. i still can't find this online. i'm thisclose to hooking my VCR back up and taping shit the old way.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 19, 2014 - 09:52 AM