The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

211 Pages V  « < 189 190 191 192 193 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
Muffy
post Dec 11 2007, 09:01 AM
Post #3801

Hardcore BUSTie

I was on the GAP body website this morning and discovered they sell training bras, out of curiosity I wondered if they came in my size, there are days when underwire and padding make me feel like I've reverted to the times of corsets and I just don't care if my breasts don't look like a B cup. I had so much waterweight gain last month I was just wearing tank tops under my clothes, one benefit of being A, it don't matter if your wearing a bra... but I digress, turns out GAP Body does sell every size in A as a training bra and no underwire and lightly padded!!!! I may have to go and try one on now : D

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Dec 10 2007, 03:28 PM
Post #3802

Hardcore BUSTie

wow. dj biz. you were so right on with all of that. being honest with ourselves is essential to our well being, i have found. very very well said, thank you for your insight.

--------------------
We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
dj-bizmonkey
post Dec 10 2007, 12:42 PM
Post #3803

Hardcore BUSTie

me four, karategrrl! i had my gyno put me on the highest estrogen dose that is legal under the law. i was on it for about three or four months. all it resulted in was marked mood swings and mild insanity. my boobies stayed exactly the same. waddyagonna do? for me, i'm dealing with genetics.

with all the fluctuations in my weight, i've never had an increase or decrease in my breast size. my fat goes straight to my ass, and lately it's been collecting around my stomach, which i HATE. i wouldn't mind having a little belly if i was more balanced out on top, but since my bottom half is so heavy (in a good way) i really like having a thin torso so i don't end up looking like a log. sigh.

i feel you on the cleavage thing though, sometimes i just want to know what it feels like. maybe i'll try a water bra or something. just the feeling of weight. i kinda get a kick out of how they bounce when i run. sometimes i'll just jiggle in front of the mirror to get a laugh. is that weird? probably.

i'm with you on staying positive, no one, not even so-called perfect looking actresses and models are totally happy with the way they look (except for maybe linda evangelista, but whatever). it's important to compliment yourself, outloud or in your head. it reminds me of that campy, physics movie called 'what the bleep do we know.' there is a whole section about perception being reality and if you change your perception, you can actually change the structure of the tiny particles of the universe. there's that one scene where the woman is looking in the mirror, thinking that she's fat and her thighs keep expanding. i know it sounds kind of silly, but i think if you keep affirming what is beautiful about you, those things will become more apparent. ok, so maybe it's a little over the top to think that by talking to your stomach it will magically be thinner, but seeing it as beautiful will help you psychologically, and hey, it can't hurt, it might help, right?!

as to what you posted knorl: in terms of widely accepted beliefs and norms influencing even the enlightened, more open thinkers, abso-fucking-lutely friend! all human beings have the desire to be accepted and loved by other human beings. it's very basic to our nature. we're a social species and no one enjoys being a total outcasts. even freaks and outliers get together with other freaks and outliers. the truly rejected, anti-social people are the kind that go shooting up schools and malls (case in point what just happened in Nebraska). so i think that no matter how much we know logically that these standards for our bodies are ridiculous and that they are set by some unknown force that wishes to make money off us by selling us make up, plastic surgery and expensive clothes, despite our knowledge and understanding of those mechanisms, deep down, we still want to be accepted by the general population. nobody likes rejection. i don't care how cool and counter-culture you are. underneath all of that tough, free-thinking exterior is still a human being hoping to be loved by the people around her/him. in order to combat this innate desire, you have to satiate it in a different way, i.e. by focusing on the positive aspects of your body and recognizing the people in your life that do love and accept you. that's why it is so validating when you have a significant other tell you that you're beautiful or that he/she loves your breasts. of course, we want to love and accept ourselves without the affirmations of others, and no one can truly love you until you can love yourself, but those kinds of affirmations are essential to our mental well-being. they satisfy the desire to be accepted. it's lonely out there on the fringe, that's no reason to adopt a cookie-cutter personality/lifestyle, but next time you are feeling tough and bold, thinking you've risen above all of this bullshit, it's important to mentally check yourself. 'I am still a human being. I am still yearning for love and acceptance. I will not achieve this love and acceptance by sacrificing my values or beliefs. I will find others that value the same thing. These people will form my community and provide me with the support I need.'

that's why BUST is so fantastic and why i love having all you ladies out there for me. we're on the same page, for the most part, and we've created a positive and accepting community outside the status quo.

whew. blah blah blah blah. i guess i had a lot to say on that subject.

small-breasted hotties, holla back!

--------------------
"To lose everything at the edge of such a glorious eternity is far sweeter than to win by plodding through a cautious, painless, and featureless life."

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Dec 8 2007, 12:19 PM
Post #3804

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(anonymoose96 @ Dec 8 2007, 04:23 AM) *
karategrrl, you can consider me the 2nd woman in the world to not experience breast size increase on birth control pills *waves hand in the air frantically*

laugh.gif Thanks, guys, for giving me a good laugh! Yah, like, somehwere during the 2nd week of my going on the pill, I swear my breasts grew--a LITTLE. I started getting all excited, trying on my lingerie that I never quite filled out, dreaming of my breasts to come, wondering why on Earth I didn't think of this sooner...then, just as quickly as they had swelled up, they deflated once again. DANG IT!

When my gyno asked me how the birth control was going, I told him it was great except for no breast growth, and he jokingly said, "Well, I could double your dosage!" Even if he wasn't kidding, no thanks--I don't want crazy mood swings or blood clots.

When I get down, I try and think of all my features I DO like. And, of course, I remember to be grateful to be healthy, to have my hearing, sight, all my limbs, no serious medical issues. I try to remember that there are tons of folks out there who would give anything to be a healthy 30-something with a small chest.

Love you guys!!

+Quote Post
edie52
post Dec 8 2007, 03:24 AM
Post #3805

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh, yeah, me three. I think they got a little bigger, but I gained more weight in my upper arms, stomach, and face, so it wasn't noticeable. I had my hopes beforehand, but no dice.

+Quote Post
anonymoose96
post Dec 7 2007, 10:06 PM
Post #3806

BUSTie

karategrrl, you can consider me the 2nd woman in the world to not experience breast size increase on birth control pills *waves hand in the air frantically*

+Quote Post
edie52
post Dec 7 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #3807

Hardcore BUSTie

Speaking of which, don't you just get the biggest laugh at those TV segments and magazine articles about how to put a bra on properly: "With the bra straps over your shoulders, bend over, letting your breasts dangle. Center your breasts in the bra cups, hook it in the back, stand up, and adjust your breasts again anywhere they might be spilling out." Yeah, right.

LOL! Yes. I'm so glad there are ladies out there who share my feelings and experiences when it comes to this stuff.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Dec 7 2007, 09:10 PM
Post #3808

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi everyone!

I had to check back in with you all and see what's up. I've been thinking of you ladies lately. I've been working out like a fiend, shedding a little weight I had gained. I've been really getting into it, hitting the weights too, feeling great, getting strong & muscular. Of course, though, I swear my tiny breasts have gotten even smaller. Couple that with the fact that there just aren't (to my knowledge) any lightly padded workout bras (like the lightly padded regular bras I wear to work to hide my highbeams). I am almost shocked looking at myself in the mirror at the gym--like, "Who is that flat-chested girl?"

So I was working out tonight, feeling great about the rest of my bod but annoyed about my chest. On the TV in there was one of those celebrity shows. Within like 5 minutes of each other were features about Keira Knightley's racy pictures in Interview mag, and Charlize Theron--both of whom looked gorgeous (and also both of whom have teeny chests like me). I have to say it's not like they reported, "Look at Keira Knightley...she'd look hot if only she had breasts!" They just commented that she's hot and moved on. It was shockingly refreshing.

So I'm having kinda mixed feelings tonight--liking my new bod, not liking my even smaller tits, liking the fact that there are implant-free, small-breasted hotties out there strutting their stuff shamelessly, yet I'm so totally PO'ed that I seem to be the only woman in all of creation who went on birth control pills and did NOT experience breast growth as a "side effect." (I did Internet research on my birth control and found comments from others who'd gone on it...several women mentioned the breast growth. One mentioned going from an A to C cup. God forbid that should happen to me...)

Oh, and last week I and the hubby were joking around about past lovers and how extremely large breasts are hard to deal with in sexual situations (Not to knock any large-busted ladies who may be reading.) But I was laughing about how I'd fooled around with this very large-breasted woman and, being used to very small breasts, I was totally preplexed at what to actually DO with them. Well, the hubby had to one-up me, of course, and said he's had large breasts in his hands, mouth, had his dick between them... and then said, "And now I have you, and that's all I need," but then of course I have this image of him in my head titty-fucking someone, knowing full well he could never do that with me. *Sniff*

I went to a holiday party last week. The hostess was wearing one of those little camisole tops with the shelf bra--the kind that makes me look so totally flat. She had this cleavage line between her breasts. Just once in my life, I think I'd like to know what that's like. *Sigh.* I wonder what it's like to feel some weight there, to actually have something to put into a bra...heck, to be able to FIND decent bras! Speaking of which, don't you just get the biggest laugh at those TV segments and magazine articles about how to put a bra on properly: "With the bra straps over your shoulders, bend over, letting your breasts dangle. Center your breasts in the bra cups, hook it in the back, stand up, and adjust your breasts again anywhere they might be spilling out." Yeah, right.

Sorry guys, guess I'm just rambling tonight. Send me some breast lovin' if you can. Trying to feel confident, but feeling a bit down. sad.gif

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Dec 7 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #3809

Hardcore BUSTie

dj biz: you are the absolute coolest. period.
i love what your mom said, about our subconscious mind vs our logical minds. because so much of who we are rests within our subconscious minds that we're not even aware of until we bring it to light. and then once we realize that 'hey this entirely negative thought i have about myself, simply isnt true'.. we're then able to replace it with a healthier, and more accurate belief. same is the case for our desirability (which can translate to our self worth) being dependent upon one aspect of our female bodies. thinking that we have to prove our attractiveness because we are built differently than those with a more idealized form, is, or can be, a waste of time and energy. something that i'm not ashamed to say i have done through the years. i just think it's unfortunate that all these less-thoughtful beliefs seem to influence and affect our own simply because they've been widely accepted. different value systems is all i would say.. what do you think?

--------------------
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
dj-bizmonkey
post Dec 6 2007, 12:24 PM
Post #3810

Hardcore BUSTie

awww, knorl!! *blushes* i'm just happy there's a like-minded soul (i.e. you darlink! wink.gif ) out there in the world. i want to revive this thread, but i don't know quite how. i guess we haven't had any new-comers lately and that tends to slow things down.

--------------------
"To lose everything at the edge of such a glorious eternity is far sweeter than to win by plodding through a cautious, painless, and featureless life."

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Dec 6 2007, 09:28 AM
Post #3811

Hardcore BUSTie

dj biz is my favoritest! just had to say that... will reply more laters. :-D

--------------------
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
dj-bizmonkey
post Dec 4 2007, 01:22 PM
Post #3812

Hardcore BUSTie

indeed knorl, easier said that done.....hmmm.....i've had to think about this for awhile for i could respond. unless you live in a cave, under a rock somewhere i think it is close to impossible to not be exposed to negative images, stereotypes, what have you that are out there. exposure in and of itself is going to influence you whether you like it or not. but like all other negative concepts that we are innundated with through this medium (say, casual racism, sexism, xenophobia etc) we have to make a concerted and conscious effort to change our cognitive pathways. my mom (the shrink) has always chastized me for saying negative things outloud or just in my head. she always said, 'yes, your logical mind understand that isn't true (e.g. i'm whore, i'm fat, i'm stupid, i'm undeserving, you name it) but your subconcious mind hears it and doesn't not how to discern what is a true perception and what is a distortion.' in that way i think we have control over how we feel about our bodies regardless of the media influence. and i completely agree, that power is what makes us amazing individuals.

--------------------

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Nov 28 2007, 03:22 PM
Post #3813

Hardcore BUSTie

so you know. i think there comes a time when we have to realize that these feelings we have about our bodies and whatnot are our feelings about our bodies. i mean yes we are entirely influenced by the media and society and all of that... but really there are a ton of misconceptions and inaccuracies in those arenas that we just have to be able to disregard. because if we dont, then we're not really liberated from it all. i mean shit easier said than done i realize. but i think that's what gives us our strength and individuality. and imo i think those are amazing things.

--------------------
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
starship
post Nov 4 2007, 03:35 PM
Post #3814

Hardcore BUSTie

not sure if anyones posted this yet, but you should all have a look around this site...
http://www.007b.com/breast_gallery.php

+Quote Post
crankyrobot
post Oct 22 2007, 02:12 AM
Post #3815

BUSTie

i love that someone made this thread.

i really wish we could somehow demolish the media's breast infatuation. the only place where small breasts fit (no pun intended) is in the same industry that perpetuates eating disorders in young women!!

+Quote Post
dj-bizmonkey
post Oct 19 2007, 11:19 AM
Post #3816

Hardcore BUSTie

aw shucks, *blushes* thanks karategrrl!

--------------------

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Oct 18 2007, 06:06 PM
Post #3817

Hardcore BUSTie

DJ, you have an amazing figure!

+Quote Post
dj-bizmonkey
post Oct 18 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #3818

Hardcore BUSTie

knorl, i totally agree!

lotus, i finally got around to looking at that page and i found it really interesting. i also enjoyed reading the other stories about breasts, they really spanned the whole spectrum.

karategrrl, yeah, i feel like yoga is one of those types of settings where you have to be comfortable with your body and there isn't alot of judgement. strangely enough, i got the same feeling from my ballet classes in undergrad. ballet is often associated with alot of body image issues, but my teacher was
so fantastic and the class had women of all shapes and sizes. on the first day she told us to go home, look good and long at our bodies in the mirror and get used to them, because there was no use trying to cover up in a class about movement and shape. my avatar photo is from a 'celebrity' themed party and i dressed up as j-lo. i'm wearing a one piece denim pant suit that buttoned up the front. utterly fantastic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Oct 17 2007, 06:57 PM
Post #3819

Hardcore BUSTie

Knorl, great points you made!

DJ, can't wait to hear about the avatar. Looks like someone is swatting yer heiny.

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Oct 16 2007, 03:00 PM
Post #3820

Hardcore BUSTie

karategrrl: i think the reason women are so judgemental of other women's bodies is the whole comparison thing... "i'm ok, you're not ok". if all women are seen as beautiful to the general public then the shallow, less sensitive and intellectually impaired women would have nothing to make them feel superior. they would have nothing to give them confidence. it could just simply be, that we are conditioned to be this way and that most women dont have the insight to realize it's counterproductive and a waste of time. even those of us who do have the insight, still struggle with the way we allow our bodies to influence our self worth. it's a difficult battle, one that i hope most women find a way to break free of to really know their true potential.

--------------------
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post

211 Pages V  « < 189 190 191 192 193 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 24, 2014 - 01:55 PM