The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Plus size girls are there any cool clothes out there for us ?
auralpoison
post Aug 20 2009, 09:49 AM
Post #61

Big Fat Bitch

Target definitely sucks quality-wise in their plus selections. Like, really bad sucks. I ordered some stuff last winter (February '09) & the only things that weren't shoddy were the Isaac Mizrahi cashmere sweaters I bought for practically nothing. The only stuff I've found worth buying there is the stuff from their designer lines. I suppose their basics, t shirts & the like are probably okay, but I'd still rather watch out for a deal at Old Navy or something.

I do like this navy square necked top & this cardigan. They've got a fun fall thing going on.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Aug 20 2009, 09:22 AM
Post #62

Hardcore BUSTie

Have any of you ladies shopped for plus size clothes at Target? I've heard that they have fashionable clothes in plus sizes but I'm worried about the quality because everything is so cheap. However, it would be nice not to have to shell out so much money at Torrid.

I'm going home in a few weeks so I'll finally have the chance to go to the states and get some clothes.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 30 2009, 04:16 AM
Post #63

Big Fat Bitch

Oh, jeezly crow, go peddle your BS elsewhere. This a thread for fat girls & trust me, we aren't wearing bikinis for the most part, you git.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
pkldrh
post Jul 30 2009, 03:50 AM
Post #64

QUOTE(lananans @ Jul 14 2009, 06:47 AM) *
That's a really nice jacket! I'm going to try to find a nice fall jacket before the summer is over. Every single fall I've said that I will get one, and I never have.

I was actually thinking about something along those lines... if only I could find it in Canada.... I will go on the hunt!

If you want to buy some stuff for summer purpose than online shopping is the best option for you. I am sending a link for your help where you can buy summer stuff according latest trend. http://www.verysexybikini.com/

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 15 2009, 12:35 PM
Post #65

Big Fat Bitch

OMG, I LOVE outerwear! There's nothing quite like making an entrance! When I moved it took me a couple HOURS & like, four HUGE boxes to pack up my coat closet. I think my favorites are a winter white herringbone greatcoat, a vintage black leather 3/4 length carcoat (Think Shaft.), & my black Mizrahi faux persian.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lananans
post Jul 14 2009, 06:47 AM
Post #66

Hardcore BUSTie

That's a really nice jacket! I'm going to try to find a nice fall jacket before the summer is over. Every single fall I've said that I will get one, and I never have.

I was actually thinking about something along those lines... if only I could find it in Canada.... I will go on the hunt!

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 13 2009, 08:51 PM
Post #67

Big Fat Bitch

The only two pieces I liked were that dress & the leather jacket, but neither garment would have been flattering on me. Oh well. I like this biker jacket from Dorothy Perkins much better.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lananans
post Jul 13 2009, 04:39 PM
Post #68

Hardcore BUSTie

I love this.

+Quote Post
prophecy_grrl
post Jul 9 2009, 02:06 PM
Post #69

Hardcore BUSTie

I <3 Beth Ditto, and she can certainly rock that look, but wow. I'll be diplomatic and say I can't see myself wearing any of it. um, how 'bout that cat shirt? I guess it's supposed to be ironic? The domino dress has a nice shape and the cropped jacket would look cute with it, just not the type of stuff I tend to wear. 80s fashion wasn't good for me the first time around.

ETA: I am loving the hot pink bathing suit from the standard collection.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jul 9 2009, 06:33 AM
Post #70

brown delicious

It is terribly 80s. But, her look does reflect that style. I wonder how it will sell.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 8 2009, 11:09 PM
Post #71

Big Fat Bitch

Wow. I wasn't paying attention & the Beth Ditto line online sold out in under twenty minutes. I only liked the jacket, the rest of it was too eighties for me, but DAMN. Big girls be shoppin' MAD fast!

ETA: OOOOOPS! It looks like the site just wasn't ready to go earlier. Everything is in stock, but it's all still really eighties.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 8 2009, 12:26 PM
Post #72

Big Fat Bitch

I am so excited for the beth Ditto line I can't stand it. I want the cropped leather jacket so bad I can taste it! GMT is six hours ahead, I swear I'm setting an alarm so I don't miss out!

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jul 8 2009, 12:04 PM
Post #73

brown delicious

AP, I've never ordered from Evans. It looks like they have some cute stuff. I did read that Beth Ditto is creating her own line too. I can't wait to see her clothing line.

I was reading my issue of Real Simple magazine and I was happy to see some acknowledgment of different body shapes for buying jeans. They had a small blurb for buying stylish plus size denim. I thought I would list the brand of jeans for those interested: Calvin Klein Jeans (16W-24W); James Jeans (14W-24W); Lane Bryant (14-32); Levi's (16-24); Little in the Middle by True Jeans (up to 20); Old Navy (16-30); and Svoboda (10-24).

Happy shopping!

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 18 2009, 02:37 PM
Post #74

Big Fat Bitch

UK Busties? What's up with Evans? I know Beth Ditto's line is going to be debuting there soon & I am curious about their product. I checked out their website & found a few cool things.

US Busties? Ever order from Evans?

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jun 17 2009, 11:55 AM
Post #75

brown delicious

Did anyone noticed the home page of Bust?? I saw this chick in Boston when I was out there. She is very cute. I will turn my eyes to the leggings she is sporting. Scroll down her site to wear she is wearing a big ass bow...that is what she was wearing when I saw her.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Jun 5 2009, 07:57 AM
Post #76

sassygrrl

Thanks for the sites!

I'm looking for a bathing suit for the weekend for a quick trip to up to North Georgia. I really like that suit on Mod, but don't know if it would hold the girls in well.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jun 4 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #77

brown delicious

lowredmoon, thanks for the site listings! The hips and curves one looks interesting. I'm a big fan of lingerie so this one looks very good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 3 2009, 04:08 PM
Post #78

Big Fat Bitch

I've shopped BGB & MM both with success. I'm hoping maybe I can find a good convertable bra from the other now that you've posted it. Thanks!

--------------------

+Quote Post
lowredmoon
post Jun 3 2009, 11:19 AM
Post #79

Hardcore BUSTie

I found a few interesting websites lately, so I thought I'd share. Has anyone tried these?

http://www.modemerr.com/index.html

http://www.hipsandcurves.com/

http://www.babygirlboutique.com/plus-size-clothing.html

--------------------
"Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise."
--Margaret Atwood

+Quote Post
thirtiesgirl
post May 31 2009, 08:09 PM
Post #80

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm sure most of you have heard the news by now that Forever21 has a 'plus size' line called Faith21, which started in May. It's not available in all Forever21 stores at this time, but in a few stores around the U.S. You can find out more about Faith21 and the stores that carry it by clicking here.

I'm a member of a couple of fat positive/fat fashion (fatshion) chat groups, and most of the recent reviews I've read of Faith21 items, both in store and online, are not completely positive. The sizes are what's known as "junior plus" sizes, meaning their 1X and 2X sizes are supposed to be smaller than a standard woman's plus size. In other words, anyone who wears larger than a size 28 in women's plus sizes will probably not find much to fit them in the Faith21 line.

The F21 store at my local mall is one of the few in the area to stock Faith21 items. So far, I'm disappointed by the flimsiness of most of the garments and didn't find anything I really *needed* to add to my wardrobe. (In other words, most items are very trendy and youthful, as can be expected from Forever21.) In an effort to be supportive of F21's attempt to support plus sizes, I did buy one dress from the store. And I do see a few cute items on their website that aren't yet in stores. Hopefully as time goes on, Faith21 will make some better clothing in a larger diversity of styles and sizes. I know there's a *few* under 21's out there who wear a size 28 or larger.

--------------------
I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing.
-Mae West

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 25, 2014 - 12:26 AM