The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 108 109 110 111 112 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
misspissed
post Jun 1 2006, 08:29 PM
Post #2181

Hardcore BUSTie

ot:
Now, spork. THAT'S a good word.

yes! i love sporks. best invention ever.

now, as for skorts- totally unnecessary, people. let's make a commitment to either a skirt or shorts. it isn't that hard.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jun 1 2006, 06:56 PM
Post #2182

oh. maimy. no... don't DO that to me, gah.

hey, i like fishnet kneehighs with that whole weird goth punk look. not that i would ever wear that myself, much too old, but on the right tender sweet young thing it's cute.

+Quote Post
lucizoe
post Jun 1 2006, 06:17 PM
Post #2183

Mr. Flibble's very cross.

Hee, bklynhermit: Just Say No to Fishnet (with miniskirts and disco shoes)...

I personally would like to deliver my own rules old commandment-style: "Thou Shalt Not Wear the Blousy-top micro-mini dress. Ever." (Maimy owes me new eyes)

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post Jun 1 2006, 06:04 PM
Post #2184

Hardcore BUSTie

what's with fishnet kneesocks?

i think they were invented so that you could have the fishnet look under pants, longer skirts, etc.

but no, they are NEVER to be worn with a miniskirt.

and they are ESPECIALLY never to be worn with a miniskirt and open toed shoes.

the biggest Crime of Fishnet is fishnet kneesocks worn with formal shorts AND open toed shoes, when said shoes were SILVER DISCO PLATFORMS. and blue tinted elvis sunglasses. i forgot about those. goddess forbid if you are already wearing formal shorts, fishnet platforms, and disco wedgies, do NOT accessorize with elvis sunglasses. just don't. ok?

yes, this is actually based on a real live person i saw on the subway. i wanted to walk up to her and say "No."

+Quote Post
maimy
post Jun 1 2006, 06:03 PM
Post #2185

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm so old I was around when they were skorts in the 90s and around when they were coulottes in the 70s. I wore a skort dress to King's Dominion once. It was funky-60s hip, and my mom had made it. It was also kinda handy because the wind wasn't keeping a SKIRT in any shape for protecting State Secrets. Other than that day, I can't remember ever desiring a skort/coulotte or finding them appealing ...

Luci, totally with you. Imagine the wringing I wish I could give to my eyeballs when I see the uber-tight spandex microminidress that has an enormously blousy, loose, off-the-shoulder top ... Think I am kidding? Think again:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TEAL-Eva-Low-Cut-Plunging-V-Neck-Mini-Dress-Sexy-New-L_W0QQi temZ9324895405QQihZ006QQcategoryZ63861QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

+Quote Post
ginger_kitty
post Jun 1 2006, 02:44 PM
Post #2186

Hardcore BUSTie

No, I hate skorts. I refused to ever wear one even when they were cool.

heehee, my mom wears culottes.

--------------------
-We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.

-What we think, we become.

+Quote Post
llamas
post Jun 1 2006, 02:04 PM
Post #2187

Hardcore BUSTie

Dude, culottes? Gah. All I can think of is that the fundie-xtian school cheerleaders were forced to wear culottes instead of proper cheerleading skirts when I was in high school, and we mercilessly made fun of them. Now people are apparently wearing them voluntarily.

Anyway, the CoF that almost made me trip over the sidewalk yesterday: 3 teenage boys walking together, two all hip-hopped out in their baggy jeans and tshirts and whatnot, and the third in a cowboy hat, tucked-in tshirt and tight jeans, and boots. More of a crime of context than anything, really; soooo confusing!

+Quote Post
lucizoe
post Jun 1 2006, 01:12 PM
Post #2188

Mr. Flibble's very cross.

God...are skorts back? it's like culottes falling from the sky or some shit. Now, spork. THAT'S a good word.

And can I just say: this big studded belts over blousy blouses and miniskirts trend can just go.the.fuck.away.now. Is it really the 80s again? Frankly, I'm not interested in dressing in some sort of Reagan-era-homage, and consider it an assault on my senses...

Doesn't it get really expensive to stay so misguidedly trendy?

+Quote Post
msgoofball
post Jun 1 2006, 11:11 AM
Post #2189

Hardcore BUSTie

you mean the skorts? theres a radio spot that has a girl in a valley girl voice saying " skort skort skort!!!(with much enthusiasm) i just love that word!!!"

ewwwwww.....

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post May 26 2006, 07:49 AM
Post #2190

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

Can someone tell me what is up with the new trend of wearing pajama pants under shorts and worse..short skirts? I have seen this twice in one week.

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
misspissed
post May 25 2006, 11:44 PM
Post #2191

Hardcore BUSTie

thanks for the tips on Paraboot and the other Dansko lines, Speedy & dayglo!!
there are some adorable shoes in both lines :-)

+Quote Post
tyger
post May 25 2006, 02:21 PM
Post #2192

Hardcore BUSTie

i second hercules, ambercherry. that's what i always wore (mostly 'cause it was them, dirty runners, or birks)

+Quote Post
herculesgirl
post May 25 2006, 11:29 AM
Post #2193

Hardcore BUSTie

Ambercherry, I think it would be appropriate to wear dressy sandals to an interview.

+Quote Post
ambercherry
post May 25 2006, 08:14 AM
Post #2194

Hardcore BUSTie

help! i need some advice - before i become a crime of fashion (not that i have a problem with being one, because i'm sure i am most of the time). anyway - wasn't sure where else to post this, so sorry if it shouldn't be here.
i have a job interview this afternoon, and the shoes that i would normally wear have given me blisters and i can't wear them. so, i have a nice pair of dressy black sandles - is it appropriate to wear them to an interview? (it's in a quaint little store). (i would be wearing them with either black or grey dress pants and a blouse) (and i would make sure my toes looked nice).
thanks!

+Quote Post
dayglowpink
post May 25 2006, 07:47 AM
Post #2195

Hardcore BUSTie

misspissed- have you looked at the different Dansko lines? The Golden Gate collection has a lot of different styles including some laceup oxfords. They are very comfortable and easier to walk in than the traditional clogs.

+Quote Post
curioushair
post May 24 2006, 04:14 PM
Post #2196

Hardcore BUSTie

Walgreen's smock (unavoidable, she's a cashier), bright--very bright--green pants and plastic clogs. The clogs were bad enough, granted she does stand on her feet all day, but I could not get past those pants. (I'm still seeing them when I close my eyes.)

She says to another cashier who asked about the pants, "I have them in yellow, too, but I really like green."

--------------------
Standing in the middle of life with my pants behind me.

+Quote Post
dusty
post May 24 2006, 02:43 PM
Post #2197

Hardcore BUSTie

I wear Birkenstock thongs or Blundstones most days, depending on the season. I walk about 8 km/day to and from work and I am up and down stairs all day when I get there. I find the Mephisto sandals less comfortable than the Birks.

Oh no. I forgot what thread I'm in.

I saw a woman today who looked like a middle-aged Stevie Nicks on crack. I know Stevie Nicks *is* middle-aged, and probably on crack, but you know what I mean.

+Quote Post
llamas
post May 24 2006, 09:21 AM
Post #2198

Hardcore BUSTie

Also going in the way-back machine..."stodgy bastard circa 1983"--bwahahaha! Perfect.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post May 23 2006, 04:10 PM
Post #2199

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Thank you for posting that info about Paraboot, speedy- I'd never heard of them before and they are just the cutest shoes! I'm waiting to hear back from them about where I can get them around Chicago!

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
plynn
post May 23 2006, 03:54 PM
Post #2200

BUSTie

I have CoF shoes - a pair of deck-shoeish, orthopedic, Mephisto walking shoes that are hideously ugly but comfy (I walk about 2K each way to work every day). I hate them, but I bought them because they were on sale for $150 - down from $375. I'm a CoF whore when a good deal is involved.

Also, I had a dream that I spotted the ultimate CoF - a woman dressed in a pant suit made out of caesar salad. The military-inspired jacket had epaulets which buttoned with croutons.

I have no idea what this might mean.

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 108 109 110 111 112 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 24, 2014 - 06:38 AM