Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 83 84 85 86 87 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
CanCan
post Apr 21 2008, 07:11 AM
Post #1681

Hardcore BUSTie

Vaginal problems can arise because of numerous factors together. Dehydration not drinking enough water, hormones, poor diet, even lack of sex.. I was talking about other factors which can effect your vaginal hydration, and the thickness of your mucosa. If you have allergies and take an antihistamine for example, many women will have vaginal dryness. Therefore this would contribute to any other vaginal issues if you have them already. For example, I have allergies, and this time last year I was taking antihistamines. Did this contribute to my BV? I would venture to say yes, maybe it was a factor. Along with a few other things for me, like douching. Of course, I am only talking about my bv experience, and perhaps no one else here on this forum has hydration issues. I am only listing these things incase it may help someone else. Right off the Pfizer website they state antihistamine adverse reaction of dryness:

[ http://www.pfizer.com/files/products/uspi_benadryl.pdf ]

[ Diphenhydramine hydrochloride (trade name Benadryl as produced by Johnson & Johnson, or Dimedrol outside the U.S. & Canada. Nytol as a sleeping pill) is an over-the-counter (OTC) antihistamine.

Side effects:
▪ Dryness of the nose and throat, heartburn
Eye:
▪ Dryness of the eyes, redness of the eyes, yellowing of the eyes
Gastrointestinal:
▪ Constipation, nausea
Urogenital and reproductive:
▪ Urinary retention, sexual dysfunction, vaginal dryness, decreased libido

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diphenhydramine ]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sassy
post Apr 21 2008, 04:44 AM
Post #1682

Hardcore BUSTie

You guys are not helping anyone by fighting. Everyone's body is different, and therefore everyone will respond differently to different things. I think we need to all agree to respect the methods each individual woman is using. It's great that Lori has gotten rid of her BV with the Fem D, but some woman have tried it and it hasn't helped. This means it's not a cure or remedy for everyone and other treatments should be respected as well. We're all on the same side here... unsure.gif

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Apr 20 2008, 09:13 PM
Post #1683

Hardcore BUSTie

Dayum ladies, it got a lil ugly in here for a minute **slippin on my referee shirt and whistle** TIME OUT!! laugh.gif

Update: been taking the femflora (cheaper/comparable alternative to fem-D) religiously like 3 or 4 capsules per day. I have only done the boric acid once in the last 2 weeks. And lo and behold it seems to be working since i've doubled up on the femflora. I'm excited!!!! Im glad I bought two bottles cuz i've almost run through one in like 3 wks. LOL Oh well, if it works, i'll continue buying two at a time. I'm sick of this BV/Yeast merry-go-round I've been on the last 3 yrs. Hopefully this will work.

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
lori
post Apr 20 2008, 08:53 PM
Post #1684

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(quietmadness @ Apr 20 2008, 02:53 PM) *
I ordered the Femdophilus and got it the other day. The ice pack inside was completely melted and warm, but I threw it in the fridge immediately.

Been taking it now for four days. We'll see.... mellow.gif

Also---still a faithful user of the tto and boric acid. They work nicely for what they are. I'll keep y'all posted on the Fem-doph thing. I'm just so PISSED that I paid for the 2nd day shipping thing and STILL it was hot!!

Dammit!

--Quiet--

I'm beginning to wonder if maybe buying the Fem-doph online, even with cold-pack shipping, is such a good idea after all. It's cheaper, but is it worth it?

My opinion: don't throw away the bottle. My first couple bottles of Fem-doph were bought from vitacost.com - and were never refrigerated. (I called them to ask where they kept it - and they said it was in an air-conditioned warehouse, so it should be okay. Whatever.) It also wasn't shipped in a cold-pack, so it spent some time cooking in a hot UPS truck. But it still helped me feel better.

Maybe Whole Foods is the only way to go, for now. It costs more, but at least we know it's kept in the fridge.

--------------------

+Quote Post
neverending
post Apr 20 2008, 08:19 PM
Post #1685

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Apr 21 2008, 01:01 AM) *
Awww, the good old days!

Neverending, you and I both know that jewelscando and I have gotten far past our differences. We both recognize in each other that we want to help others. I, for one, never engaged in the name-calling, but Jewels has been cool enough to be the one to extend the olive branch first, and I appreciate that.

See, THAT'S being an adult. Putting our differences aside for the good of others. You, obviously, do not know anything about that.

Instead of dragging other people's drama into this, and "starting shit" (ironic!) between other people for your own selfish reasons, why don't you just think about what the best thing for this group is?

I don't know. Just a suggestion.

Like I said before, GROW UP! Nobody here will bow to you. If you treat people with respect, others will treat you with respect.

+Quote Post
Morphia
post Apr 20 2008, 08:14 PM
Post #1686

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, glad to let everyone know that the vitamin D has NOT worked. So, my deficiency is not the cause. Fuck it all. I now smell like old sour cream and curdled milk and sex is still painful. I've got chronic vulvitis now because of this shit. Now, whenever I have sex it either just hurts like hell or I rip open. That's right. I get tears down there b/c of the chronic vulvitis. I even got a gash from the bottom of my vagina to the top of my anus from sex. I just LOVE THIS SHIT! And, another ultimate "fuck you": The creams they give me to treat the vulvitis just make the BV worse. HAHAHA! I LOVE IT!

+Quote Post
lori
post Apr 20 2008, 05:44 PM
Post #1687

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Apr 20 2008, 03:52 PM) *
Ladies new to the board please pay Lori no mind. She is a shit starter here.

Want proof:

jewelscando:
Lori....

I was reading through the post today, and thought...wow...I can't believe they are fighting again...AND LOW AND BEHOLD...ITS FUCKING YOU AGAIN STARTING SHIT!!!

Fuck you Lori...YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY SHIT ABOUT ME, OR BRING UP MY NAME. I have stayed away, like I said I would...and you're still fucking bad mouthing me.

Awww, the good old days!

Neverending, you and I both know that jewelscando and I have gotten far past our differences. We both recognize in each other that we want to help others. I, for one, never engaged in the name-calling, but Jewels has been cool enough to be the one to extend the olive branch first, and I appreciate that.

See, THAT'S being an adult. Putting our differences aside for the good of others. You, obviously, do not know anything about that.

Instead of dragging other people's drama into this, and "starting shit" (ironic!) between other people for your own selfish reasons, why don't you just think about what the best thing for this group is?

I don't know. Just a suggestion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
neverending
post Apr 20 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #1688

Hardcore BUSTie

Ladies new to the board please pay Lori no mind. She is a shit starter here.

Want proof:

jewelscando:
Lori....

I was reading through the post today, and thought...wow...I can't believe they are fighting again...AND LOW AND BEHOLD...ITS FUCKING YOU AGAIN STARTING SHIT!!!

Fuck you Lori...YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY SHIT ABOUT ME, OR BRING UP MY NAME. I have stayed away, like I said I would...and you're still fucking bad mouthing me.

arj75:
I don't know what the hell happened in here today. Why is this forum no longer a support group? I'm really pissed. Lori, you really need to lose the know it all attitude it's fucking annoying as hell.

anitsirhc:
lori, you don't seem to like this board very much. you've said more than once that you thought people's ideas were "stupid" and you think everyone is wrong. so then WHY ARE YOU HERE?! if you hate it so much, then LEAVE! you never have anything good to say. all you do is bash everything everyone else says. you don't like the board, nobody here likes you so just go! stop writing and pissing everyone off, you're no help at all.

neverending:
Lori: Have you ever wondered why people jump on you? Because you are full of shit and people can see it. You have come here looking for PRAISE! You are a control freak and you have not come here to help but to tear people down and make them feel worse then they already feel.

lapis :
Hi. I am sorry Lori, but the assertions you make in your post are inaccurate and damaging for those who seek alternatives.

Just look back at how many people wanted her gone!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Apr 20 2008, 04:22 PM
Post #1689

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(damselindistress @ Apr 17 2008, 07:53 PM) *
Neverending:
Did you ever whip this BV thing with vitamin supplements? Please say yes, please say yes. I didn't feel like reading through 185 more pages to find the answer.

Sorry it took me sooo long to respond. I didn't see this post. I used estroil to rid myself of this crap. I still have vaginal dryness but no smell or discharge.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Apr 20 2008, 04:14 PM
Post #1690

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ Apr 20 2008, 09:31 PM) *
That's really nice of you to say. But oh my, you couldn't be more ... off.

Maybe I've been too civil and polite to get my point across.

I think CanCan is completely full of shit. I'm not sure if she just doesn't know what she's talking about, or if she's just pulling things out of her ass trying to cover up for the fact that she's said some ridiculous things.

- When I ask her to cite her sources, she randomly cites sources that have nothing to do with my question.
- She even says, "Loss of good bacteria causes thinning vaginal skin." I asked her to back this up, and she can't.
- She keeps talking about all the problems that thinning vaginal walls causes. When I realize that she doesn't know what "atrophic" means, I point out to her that "atrophic vaginitis" literally means "problems caused by thinning vaginal walls." She still insists that that's not what she's talking about.

CanCan just making stuff up, at this point.

Neverending is a known liar. IIRC, she made up a dictionary definition to try and save face.

I've found that both women are willing to say ANYTHING. Why would anyone do this? We're all trying to share helpful information here, aren't we? I think they really need to set their ego aside.

I've been wrong many times (blog and board). This is a complicated topic where even doctors don't know everything, so of course everyone makes mistakes. And when people point out my mistakes or wrong info, I always go back and correct myself because the most important thing is to make sure the right information is out there.

Also, I'm very open to other points of view and theories. But there are other theories, and then there's bullshit and ego. When people start making shit up and lying, that is officially bullshit and ego, which I have no respect for.

Sorry to respond this way, JoanClayton. You're just being nice, and probably didn't expect me to go off like this. But I guess I really have been too nice.

--

As far as helpful books: you really can't go wrong by reading The V Book, written by Dr. Stewart, asst. prof. at Harvard Med. It contains a lot of basic information about vaginal health that would be good for every woman to know. Please also read my blog, which is a compendium of useful stuff from this whole thread. I need to update it, but it's a good way to get the jist of the useful info from this thread without the bullshit and ego.

Now that you are back on the board, Please act like an ADULT. We don't need people bringing childishness to the board! People are here to share info. You were doing so good but lately it seems that you have gone back to your old ways. As far as me being a liar, it seems my "LYING" has helped cure one other person ont his board. AGAIN, how many people have you cured?.....................NONE! I thought so. Please stop with the AD hominem. Now, say it with me..........I will be an adult, I will be an adult, I will be an adult.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Apr 20 2008, 04:02 PM
Post #1691

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(JoanClayton @ Apr 20 2008, 09:58 PM) *

Joan Hun, Go back through the posts and see who here is full of ego and everything else. Go back through the posts. We've even booted her from the board before and she just came back and is still starting BULLSHIT. We are all here to share info and experiences but someone on this board likes to bully people into doing thinks her way all the time. *HINT, HINT* I understand where CANCAN is coming from and her research is valid. Another girl on this forum (PIANOGIRL) tried this method we speak of and has cured herself too. Look her up and ask/email her yourself. I also cured myself from this crap and I did about 1 year and a half worth of research. Sounds like something is working. Don't cha think?!

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Apr 20 2008, 03:36 PM
Post #1692

Hardcore BUSTie

I ordered the Femdophilus and got it the other day. The ice pack inside was completely melted and warm, but I threw it in the fridge immediately.

Been taking it now for four days. We'll see.... mellow.gif

Also---still a faithful user of the tto and boric acid. They work nicely for what they are. I'll keep y'all posted on the Fem-doph thing. I'm just so PISSED that I paid for the 2nd day shipping thing and STILL it was hot!!

Dammit!

--Quiet--

+Quote Post
JoanClayton
post Apr 20 2008, 02:41 PM
Post #1693

BUSTie

+Quote Post
lori
post Apr 20 2008, 02:14 PM
Post #1694

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(JoanClayton @ Apr 20 2008, 11:42 AM) *
Delurking: What is your plan of action CanCan? It seems like you, Neverending and Lori should all write a comprehensive book together...And cure all women!!!!!!

That's really nice of you to say. But oh my, you couldn't be more ... off.

Maybe I've been too civil and polite to get my point across.

I think CanCan is completely full of shit. I'm not sure if she just doesn't know what she's talking about, or if she's just pulling things out of her ass trying to cover up for the fact that she's said some ridiculous things.

- When I ask her to cite her sources, she randomly cites sources that have nothing to do with my question.
- She even says, "Loss of good bacteria causes thinning vaginal skin." I asked her to back this up, and she can't.
- She keeps talking about all the problems that thinning vaginal walls causes. When I realize that she doesn't know what "atrophic" means, I point out to her that "atrophic vaginitis" literally means "problems caused by thinning vaginal walls." She still insists that that's not what she's talking about.

CanCan just making stuff up, at this point.

Neverending is a known liar. IIRC, she made up a dictionary definition to try and save face.

I've found that both women are willing to say ANYTHING. Why would anyone do this? We're all trying to share helpful information here, aren't we? I think they really need to set their ego aside.

I've been wrong many times (blog and board). This is a complicated topic where even doctors don't know everything, so of course everyone makes mistakes. And when people point out my mistakes or wrong info, I always go back and correct myself because the most important thing is to make sure the right information is out there.

Also, I'm very open to other points of view and theories. But there are other theories, and then there's bullshit and ego. When people start making shit up and lying, that is officially bullshit and ego, which I have no respect for.

Sorry to respond this way, JoanClayton. You're just being nice, and probably didn't expect me to go off like this. But I guess I really have been too nice.

--

As far as helpful books: you really can't go wrong by reading The V Book, written by Dr. Stewart, asst. prof. at Harvard Med. It contains a lot of basic information about vaginal health that would be good for every woman to know. Please also read my blog, which is a compendium of useful stuff from this whole thread. I need to update it, but it's a good way to get the jist of the useful info from this thread without the bullshit and ego.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lori
post Apr 20 2008, 01:55 PM
Post #1695

Hardcore BUSTie

--------------------

+Quote Post
JoanClayton
post Apr 20 2008, 12:25 PM
Post #1696

BUSTie

Delurking: What is your plan of action CanCan? It seems like you, Neverending and Lori should all write a comprehensive book together...And cure all women!!!!!!

Where is Pianogirl? How are you doing with your BV? (Just curious. Last I read you said you didn't have it anymore. (I think)).

+Quote Post
neverending
post Apr 19 2008, 04:47 PM
Post #1697

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(CanCan @ Apr 18 2008, 10:51 PM) *
No, I did not say that thinning vaginal walls causes BV. I am saying that the thinning of the vaginal walls 'may' cause BV. And often does. Douching 'may' cause BV. Antibiotics 'may' cause BV. Hormonal imbalance 'may' cause BV. Dehydration 'may' cause BV. Numerous things may cause BV. In fact, if you are unfortunate enough to have numerous of these occurances at the same time, then you have a higher likelihood of developing BV or a yeast infection. Also, I am saying that the thinning of the mucose membrane which is part of the vaginal wall can become thinner for numerous reasons.

Atrophic Vaginitis - is vaginitis with severe tissue atrophy usually associated with estrogen deficiency. Yes many women get atrophic vaginitis and need to treat that in order to eliminate their BV. But I am not talking about that. I am talking about general mucosa health. Mucosa membranes in our reproductive organs, our intestines, our eyes, our sinuses, etc.

[ Definition: Mucous membrane
Mucosa is moist tissue that lines some organs and body cavities throughout the body, including your nose, mouth, lungs, and digestive tract. Glands along the mucosa release mucus (a thick fluid).

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002264.htm ]

Thinning of the walls of the mucosa can happen numerous ways. You took antibiotics. Or you have a hormonal imbalance. Or you haven't had sex in a while. (You don't use it - you lose it.) Or even if you are on antihistamines for your allergies. For example, if you take antihistamines often because of an allergic condition you may have, you will dehydrate all of your mucose membranes. Certain medications like antihistamines or decongestants can interfere with your vaginal moisture. If the mucose membranes become dryer and thinner, or rubbed off, they can not support growth of the lactic acid bacteria. If the mucosa is too depleted, it has a harder time to build up again probiotic colonies, it will take longer. As well, adequate mucose is important for vaginal flushing of pathogens. (I will post something later about mucose membranes, and the incidence of HIV.)

[ There are a variety of medications that can cause vaginal dryness.

Some medications lead to vaginal dryness by altering estrogen levels, while others can directly dry out the mucous membranes. Some types of medications that can lead to vaginal dryness include:

* Cancer treatments (e.g. Tamoxifen)
* Treatments for Vaginosis (e.g. Metrogel)
* Antihistamines (which dry out the mucous membranes)
* Treatments for Urinary Tract Infections
* Anti-depressants (e.g. Effexor)
* Medications for ulcers and high blood pressure

http://sexuality.about.com/od/sexualsideef...svaginaldry.htm ]

[ Vaginal dryness is an extremely common problem for young women, and the problem only increases with age. Women might notice feminine dryness around their monthly periods with tampon use; after childbirth or while nursing their baby; during times of stress, or after excessive exercise like jogging.

http://www.hitchedmag.com/article.php?id=374 ]

And if you have vaginal dryness and/or compromised vaginal mucosa, this isn't necessarily hormonally driven. It seems that most conditions can be helped, each situation is unique though, and you have to first determine which factor is dehydrating you, irritating you, or causing the inflammation. And you may have to stop taking your other medications, or change them. You may have to change your excercise regimine. You may have to eliminate stress. Stress alone can make a woman extremely dry, so finding a way to deal with stress will eliminate the problem, or at least reduce it.

I agree with you on this one also. Great Research! A+
I think other people are doing things the traditional way, but it takes looking outside of the box to figure this one out and again, you've done a great job.

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Apr 19 2008, 10:32 AM
Post #1698

Hardcore BUSTie

hi lovely ladies....

was wondering ...is bv associated with our diets?

mg86....how are you doing hun? haven't heard from ya.

sooo sad

+Quote Post
lori
post Apr 19 2008, 01:20 AM
Post #1699

Hardcore BUSTie

--------------------

+Quote Post
lori
post Apr 18 2008, 11:05 PM
Post #1700

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(CanCan @ Apr 18 2008, 02:51 PM) *
Atrophic Vaginitis - is vaginitis with severe tissue atrophy usually associated with estrogen deficiency. Yes many women get atrophic vaginitis and need to treat that in order to eliminate their BV.

Huh?

Women who get atrophic vaginitis will need to get treatment to treat ... their atrophic vaginitis, obviously. Why do you keep shoehorning BV in there?

And no source I've read about atrophic vaginitis says that it's "severe" atrophy. It just means thinning vaginal skin, period (usu. caused by hormones), and the problems that causes.

You keep talking about thinning vaginal skin, and how that affects the membrane - which is exactly what atrophic vaginitis IS, literally - and you keep insisting that you're not talking about atrophic vaginitis? You are not making any sense.

You are at least the 4th poster lately who is insisting that thinning vaginal skin and hormone-loss has anything to do with BV. It just doesn't. It is a different problem that requires different treatment.

This confusion is obviously very wide-spread and persistent. The fact that some of you have tried (literally) about 50 BV/yeast remedies including prescriptions and have experienced no relief - might be an indication that you might just be barking up the wrong tree.

BV isn't some catch-all term for vague things wrong with the vagina. (That would be "vaginitis." As in "atrophic vaginitis." Wow I'm so sick of typing that!)

Unfortunately, a lot of problems are often mis-diagnosed as BV. We have both anecdotal and clinical evidence of that. So it doesn't hurt to consider other possibilities after a while.

I've made more than enough effort to try and make my point clear. So ... it's out there. As always, judge for yourselves.

--------------------

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 83 84 85 86 87 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 19, 2014 - 09:52 AM