The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

224 Pages V  « < 222 223 224  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pregnancy - all things good, bad, and otherwise
car
post May 2 2006, 01:46 PM
Post #4461

for being here so rarely, how do I have so many damn posts?!

Noof,that is so frustrating...though from what I have read, secondary infertility is a HUGE problem for a lot of women. I would think there would be more literature around for that.

In the meantime, I would start temping so you have more info for your doctor...it will help give you a good baseline for your "normal" cycle, etc. Good luck!

All was well at the doctors. I am still a "solid 3cm" and 100% effaced, and the baby is low, low, low (lower than last week). The contractions come and go, some really awful others just mild and erratic. And I'm trying to do some natural things to get going so I don't have to be medically induced this weekend. My BP is a bit lower now (130/90) so I'm happy about that...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
noof
post May 2 2006, 06:21 AM
Post #4462

BUSTie

~*~*~*~*chillaxin-vibes-for-Car*~*~*~*~

Question: has anyone ever tried Black Cohosh or Chastberry-Tree extraxt to improve their fertility? These herbs are normally used to manage PMS or menopause symptoms, but I've read in several books that they can improve fertility. I'm taking Black Cohosh right now.

The pee sticks were a bust. I'm going in for my annual check-up in a couple of weeks and I'm going to discuss using Clomid with my doctor. In the meantime I'm going to start checking my mucous, and try to find my thermometer so I can start taking my BBT.

I have to say, I find it a bit frustrating that all the literature on infertility seems geared to people who have never had a successful pregnancy ... it's almost like my problem is "less important" because I already have a child!

+Quote Post
car
post May 1 2006, 05:09 AM
Post #4463

hee, thanks for the wonderment!

Indeed, I am still here, still pregnant and chillaxin (great word, Chani). I have an OB appt this afternoon, and we'll see what is brewing.

At my appt last week I was 3 cm and 100% effaced. My BP was elevated (140/90), and I am very puffy, so they are monitoring me to make sure this doesn't turn into preeclampsia....I have an induction scheduled for May 7, but would like to do whatever possible to prevent having to be medically induced. Hopefully, my BP will be better at today's appointment, if not they may send me to the hospital straight from her office.

Otherwise, I just continue to have major, painful, regular contractions for an hour or two, and then they go away. Last night they woke me up out of a deep sleep! So I am constantly in this "should we get to the hospital....nope, false alarm" start.

In the meantime, I am doing a LOT of walking, trying to get my body ready for the long haul of labor!

+Quote Post
chani
post Apr 30 2006, 02:26 PM
Post #4464

Hardcore BUSTie

she posted on lj today - still pregnant and chillaxin.

+Quote Post
anoushh
post Apr 30 2006, 01:40 AM
Post #4465

Hardcore BUSTie

I am really wondering what is happening with car.

((((car & family))))

+Quote Post
car
post Apr 24 2006, 06:45 AM
Post #4466

Congrats to you jasmine...

with my first pregnancy, I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks too, just to see "viability". I think given my fertility issues, they wanted to be sure...at that point all you can see is the sack and a fluttering heartbeat, but it is amazing!

This pregnancy I didn't have an u/s until my nuchael translucency test at about 12 weeks. Anoush, good luck w/yours on Wednesday! I loved having mine because again, with Coop I had an u/s at 6 weeks but then not another one until about 18-20 weeks, so the one at 12 weeks was fascinating to see how much was already developed by then! Are you also having the blood work part done? Here they do a round of blood screens along w/the nuchael translucency, then a few weeks later do more blood work. I did all of that to alleviate the need for an amnio which I really did not want.

I feel like the watched pot....every phone call and email I get starts with "So, still pregnant?!?!?!?"...its kind of driving me batty, considering my due date isn't until May 10! But now after all my fears of having another preemie, I'm feeling like I may just be making it to term after all. I've been trying to do a fair share of walking (1 hr at a time, 2 times a day) and squatting just trying to get my muscles moving again after so long on bedrest. The contractions are still coming and going - I'll get them every 4 minutes for 2 or 3 hours, then they go away, but they continue to be "non-progressive". I have another appt tomorrow, so we'll see.

Meanwhile, as much as I am fretting financially about how much this bedrest/off work situation is affecting us (it is an additional 6 weeks, and we don't know how much, if any, will be covered by disability) I am loving how much extra time it is giving me with Coop.

+Quote Post

224 Pages V  « < 222 223 224
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 24, 2014 - 12:53 AM