The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

19 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The New Lounge -- Problems, Suggestions & Stuff
bunnyb
post Jul 16 2006, 08:44 AM
Post #321

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

Is there any way we can set a colour of font to our profile so that we don't have to do new post each time we want to post in colour and it applies to fast reply too?

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bustygirl
post Jul 16 2006, 06:32 AM
Post #322

Hardcore BUSTie

THANKS FOR THE 'IGNORE'!!!! I don't usually shout, but it's great that we can finally go anywhere we want now and not read anything from a troll.

+Quote Post
indiechick
post Jul 15 2006, 12:07 PM
Post #323

Hardcore BUSTie

yay, thanks for the "ignore" function! i just added the first user who clearly deserved it. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
sunshine
post Jul 14 2006, 02:44 PM
Post #324

Hardcore BUSTie

Two questions: First, why does Google.com show as an "active user"at the bottom of the home lounge page, where it lists members that have been active in the last 15 minutes? Second, are the moderators actually moderating new thread start ups and the like? I see that the moderators are listed as: Lounge Lady and inv_board.

Thanks in advance.

+Quote Post
zoya
post Jul 14 2006, 03:19 AM
Post #325

uh huh.

thanks punkerplus.. I don't know how I was missing that..

probably because I always forget to log out and end up automatically back on when I open my browser.. smile.gif

+Quote Post
punkerplus
post Jul 14 2006, 02:56 AM
Post #326

Hardcore BUSTie

I think when you first log in there is a box you can tick which says "Make me invisible" or something along those lines, which will stop people from seeing when you are/have been online.

Just checked, its actually "Log in as invisible". I'm pretty sure that'll do it.

+Quote Post
zoya
post Jul 14 2006, 02:50 AM
Post #327

uh huh.

CROSSPOSTED FROM "THE BUST LINE" WEBSITE THREAD:

I apoloigise if this has been asked already, but I didn't see it anywhere when I looked..

is there anywhere to set the board NOT to show when I've been logged in? I like being on my bulletin boards anonymously (just personal preference) and I notice that it shows at the bottom of the topics who's been on in the last 15 minutes, etc.

Also, is there any setting that will automatically log me out when I close my browser? I didn't see that anywhere either as I navagate around here. I'd love that, I forget all the time to log out and I don't really want to be perpetually logged in.

I love the new lounge so far though!

ETA: also not to excited about the Google thing..

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Jul 13 2006, 06:17 PM
Post #328

PANTIES! ew.

Oooohhhh, I hate that G00gle.com is listed as a user under "board statistics."

+Quote Post
sillygrrl13
post Jul 13 2006, 03:41 PM
Post #329

BUSTie

Oh SNAP, I did it! You finally get to see Daisy as my avatar. WhooHoo! (dancing wildly,waving hands in the air)

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Jul 13 2006, 03:05 PM
Post #330

It's Calamity Jenn

Still not able to get into my account. I might add that above the message box thingy it says IPS error. Does that mean anything to anybody? Is anyone else using a laptop completely unable to get into their original accounts? I know I'm still a member - I saw my name on the members list.

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson

+Quote Post
sillygrrl13
post Jul 13 2006, 11:48 AM
Post #331

BUSTie

OK, is it still impossible to use a picture from "My Pictures" as my avatar? I just tried again & it ain't happening! I realize I'm clueless, but what I'm trying to do works just fine on say,my Meet-up profile. Why does this have to be so frustrating? Do I need to move a pic from my pic file to somewhere else before I can put as my avatar?Can someone walk me through it? Type real slow...lol.

+Quote Post
mandolyn
post Jul 13 2006, 08:35 AM
Post #332

Hardcore BUSTie

i am sorely missing the last day/tree view.

QUOTE(quantumspice @ Jul 11 2006, 03:01 PM) *

Alternatively, you can go to the Advanced Search page, leave the username & keyword part blank, select whichever forum(s) you want to look at the newests posts in (or ">>All forums" for the whole lounge), make sure "search child forums" is selected, change the date in "search posts from..." to whatever fits you best (a day, a week, a month) "and newer", and in "result type", select "show as posts"

i tried, q, but got this error message: "One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords."

thanks for all your help, btw, q! you're a peach!
and heartfelt thanks for all your hard work, admin persons!

--------------------
"... what i want is what i've not got
and what i need is all around me."

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Jul 11 2006, 02:56 PM
Post #333

It's Calamity Jenn

LoungeLady, I'm using firefox. I do have IE, though, so I'll pull it up and try again. As for the platform... pc..
Thanks!

Tried again in IE, still got the error message:

mySQL query error: UPDATE ibf_members_converge SET converge_pass_hash='8189de7e3b2dfcf609e316ed46913c36' WHERE converge_id=
SQL error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
SQL error code:
Date: Tuesday 11th of July 2006 05:10:07 PM

I've looked through the threads where I posted before the software change, and it says unregistered under all my posts..

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson

+Quote Post
quantumspice
post Jul 11 2006, 01:57 PM
Post #334

Hardcore BUSTie

It only does that within (I believe the default is) 10 minutes IF nobody has posted in between!

--------------------

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Jul 11 2006, 01:16 PM
Post #335

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

Oh wow...I just realized that when I double posted a while ago...about 5 minutes apart..the second podt became part of the first! I was wondering where the heck it went! That is pretty neato.

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
punkerplus
post Jul 11 2006, 01:06 PM
Post #336

Hardcore BUSTie

Ok so I figured out how to change my avatar. It seems to only be the upload function not working, and not the part which uses a picture hosting site.

+Quote Post
altargrrrl
post Jul 11 2006, 12:46 PM
Post #337

Hardcore BUSTie

loungelady- i had trouble logging in, too, at first. i figured out the password change workaround on my own though. i'm using safari 1.2.1 on a mac. hope that info helps fix the bug! thanks for all of your work for the switchover!

+Quote Post
quantumspice
post Jul 11 2006, 12:44 PM
Post #338

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(maryjo @ Jul 11 2006, 02:54 PM) *

The feature I am desperately missing is the one that used to give me the first lines of every post that had been posted since I last searched, all on one page. Is it actually possible to do that here?

Otherwise, it's very cool and exciting and all, but the change is a little disconcerting...

If you click on "My assistant" and then "Recent posts", it will give links to the newest posts to the forum, since your previous log-in. Alternatively, you can go to the Advanced Search page, leave the username & keyword part blank, select whichever forum(s) you want to look at the newests posts in (or ">>All forums" for the whole lounge), make sure "search child forums" is selected, change the date in "search posts from..." to whatever fits you best (a day, a week, a month) "and newer", and in "result type", select "show as posts"

--------------------

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Jul 11 2006, 12:40 PM
Post #339

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

maryjo...have you tried my assistant and my controls...both of those seemed to have some advanced search options.

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
quantumspice
post Jul 11 2006, 12:39 PM
Post #340

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(curioushair @ Jul 11 2006, 12:30 PM) *

I'm still having avatar problems. Also, the quote fuction isn't working for me. By the way, I'm using Firefox. Sorry to be such a nudge about it.

There are two buttons that quote people: the "Quote +" button, and the "Reply" button. The "Reply" button, you click, it quotes, you go. The "Quote +" button is for quoting multiple pepole in one post (like this one) - to use it, you have to click "New Reply" at the bottom of the page.

QUOTE(mornington @ Jul 11 2006, 12:37 PM) *

oh, now I'm torn... if I use firefox, it's all center-aligned. If I use safari, I can't add rich text. gah!

The center-alignment issue is only with the "Pink Martini" skin -- if you change it to the "work safe", that goes away. BUT, Celina's aware of it, and I'm helping her work on fixing it. smile.gif

QUOTE(pixiedust @ Jul 11 2006, 02:46 PM) *

*Raising hand* how do we see archives and things older than the last 20 posts? I know it's probably easy, but I'm at work and can't go crazy tryign out all the new controls until I get home.

At the top of the page, before the Quick Reply box and after the forum (say "The BUST Lounge » Forums » The F-Word", there are a bunch of numbers -- such as "22 Pages V « < 20 21 22" for Kvetch. Those numbers are the "archived posts" from before. There's another set of page links at the bottom of the page. Just click on the "<" button to see older posts.

--------------------

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 27, 2014 - 07:32 PM