The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 171 172 173 174 175 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
kmfkmb
post May 23 2007, 03:11 PM
Post #3441

Has anyone tried the Today pH Balance Restore vitamin C tablets that you insert inside your vagina? They say it is used to treat BV.

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jenniferg
post May 23 2007, 03:11 PM
Post #3442

BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 23 2007, 02:02 PM) *
I thought about that too. I also think about the fact that there is blood too and blood has a higher ph.

I also just noticed that I really am having a watery brown discharge. This time I know for sure that its not blood. I'm soaking my undies yet again and I don't know if its from the colpo, the bv, the yeast or everything. I can still FEEL it. Every now and then I'll get little jabs of pain and from what I understand I'm not supposed to be feeling anything this long after a colpo.

I just took a diflucan and can only hope it helps. But I doubt that it will since I tested positive for yeast just 4 days after I took one. I'm also about to start my period. (How is my pH supposed to stabilize with all of this bleeding I'm doing?!).I'm sorry girls but I just don't see a light at the end of this tunnel. I have an appointment to have a lump in my breast checked out tomorrow, and I'm going to have him check my cervix for infection while I'm in there. I'm terrified to have something stuck in there again because of all the burning I experienced last time. This is also a different doctor. He's younger, so I'm going to ask him if he knows anything about culturing discharge and sending it to a lab. If he says he too doesn't do cultures I'm going to be crushed. I really hope my biopsies aren't infected because that would mean more broad spectrum antibiotics. I can't deal with that.

I never have much discharge come out, only a little bit right after it's done but the doctor always puts this coffee ground-like stuff in there after that gets really hard and comes out in a couple days. It is suppose to prevent infection I guess. Does you doctor put that stuff in after your colpos? I still get little jabs of pain every now and then ever since I had my leep procedure. Don't know if it's normal or not.

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 23 2007, 02:45 PM
Post #3443

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jenniferg @ May 23 2007, 12:02 PM) *
I think the colposcopys have alot to do with bv because they put all that vinegar stuff in you so they can see the abnormal cells which in a way is like douching isn't it? And we know that douching is a cause of bv.

I thought about that too. I also think about the fact that there is blood too and blood has a higher ph.

I also just noticed that I really am having a watery brown discharge. This time I know for sure that its not blood. I'm soaking my undies yet again and I don't know if its from the colpo, the bv, the yeast or everything. I can still FEEL it. Every now and then I'll get little jabs of pain and from what I understand I'm not supposed to be feeling anything this long after a colpo.

I just took a diflucan and can only hope it helps. But I doubt that it will since I tested positive for yeast just 4 days after I took one. I'm also about to start my period. (How is my pH supposed to stabilize with all of this bleeding I'm doing?!).I'm sorry girls but I just don't see a light at the end of this tunnel. I have an appointment to have a lump in my breast checked out tomorrow, and I'm going to have him check my cervix for infection while I'm in there. I'm terrified to have something stuck in there again because of all the burning I experienced last time. This is also a different doctor. He's younger, so I'm going to ask him if he knows anything about culturing discharge and sending it to a lab. If he says he too doesn't do cultures I'm going to be crushed. I really hope my biopsies aren't infected because that would mean more broad spectrum antibiotics. I can't deal with that.

+Quote Post
jenniferg
post May 23 2007, 11:45 AM
Post #3444

BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 22 2007, 11:35 PM) *
Its official...I now smell. I've actually read about women getting recurring bv following their first colpo. I should have known that it was only going to make mine worse. I used to be one of the lucky ones (in the not smelling aspect, very unlucky in the burning aspect) and now I can smell myself just sitting here. Fuck.

Sometimes I get a little smell after colpo. I will be getting my fourth one next Wed. to see if hpv is back and possibly a need for another leep procedure. : ( I think the colposcopys have alot to do with bv because they put all that vinegar stuff in you so they can see the abnormal cells which in a way is like douching isn't it? And we know that douching is a cause of bv.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post May 23 2007, 11:15 AM
Post #3445

Hardcore BUSTie

does anyone know if you can or can't have sex while you have a UTI and you're on antibiotics for it??

+Quote Post
lori
post May 23 2007, 12:50 AM
Post #3446

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(CanCan @ May 22 2007, 11:54 PM) *
If the Flagyl works to get rid of the BV, great, but be prepared to feel some depression. Taken orally, Flagyl wipes out good bacteria in your intestines, not just the bad.

[...]

On the basis of current data, we suggest that oral doses of both folic acid (800 microg daily) and vitamin B12 (1 mg daily) should be tried to improve treatment outcome in depression.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...t_uids=15671130 ]

Sounds like a good recommendation to me! Certainly couldn't hurt.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CanCan
post May 23 2007, 12:37 AM
Post #3447

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 22 2007, 12:19 AM) *
Luckily I have no side effects from the flagyl except for one. Depression. Its not documented but I found a board with hundreds of patient reviews on Flagyl and a lot of people were claiming that they got very depressed on it. I even found a couple of articles that said depression could be a side effect. I had been wondering why I was getting so damn depressed when I was nearing the end of my 7 day course. I can only imagine what this 14 day might do to me. huh.gif

QUOTE(jenniferg @ May 22 2007, 12:29 AM) *
That sounds just like me...I was wondering why whenever I take it I start getting really depressed. It must be the Flagyl.

If the Flagyl works to get rid of the BV, great, but be prepared to feel some depression. Taken orally, Flagyl wipes out good bacteria in your intestines, not just the bad. And good bacteria in our intestines is called 'beneficial bacteria' for a reason. These microbes in your intestines produce Biotin, Vitamin K, Vitamin B-12, Folic Acid (B-9), Thiamin (B-1), and Riboflavin (B-2), etc. Having a B vitamin deficiency, one is more likely to experience depression and cognitive disfunction. These vitamins lower high homocysteine levels, which is a good thing, because raised levels have been linked to depression.

[ E H Reynolds. Folic acid, ageing, depression, and dementia. British Medical Journal. June 22, 2002;324:1512-1515.

Researchers believe folic acid works in the same way as SAMe (S-adenosylmethionine). Both folic acid and SAMe affect methylation in the brain, a process linked to mood and cognitive function. Methylation also plays a role in the metabolism of homocysteine, the amino acid linked to heart conditions and other diseases. Folic acid and SAMe also both influence monoamine metabolism, a process linked to depression. In numerous studies, low levels of folate in serum, red cells, and cerebrospinal fluid and high levels of plasma homocysteine are linked to depression and dementia.

http://intelegen.com/nutrients/folic_acids..._depression.htm ]

--------------------------------------

[ 1: J Psychopharmacol. 2005 Jan;19(1):59-65.
Treatment of depression: time to consider folic acid and vitamin B12.

Coppen A, Bolander-Gouaille C.

MRC Neuropsychiatric Research Laboratory, Epsom, Surrey, UK. acoppen@globalnet.co.uk

We review the findings in major depression of a low plasma and particularly red cell folate, but also of low vitamin B12 status. Both low folate and low vitamin B12 status have been found in studies of depressive patients, and an association between depression and low levels of the two vitamins is found in studies of the general population. Low plasma or serum folate has also been found in patients with recurrent mood disorders treated by lithium. A link between depression and low folate has similarly been found in patients with alcoholism. It is interesting to note that Hong Kong and Taiwan populations with traditional Chinese diets (rich in folate), including patients with major depression, have high serum folate concentrations. However, these countries have very low life time rates of major depression. Low folate levels are furthermore linked to a poor response to antidepressants, and treatment with folic acid is shown to improve response to antidepressants. A recent study also suggests that high vitamin B12 status may be associated with better treatment outcome. Folate and vitamin B12 are major determinants of one-carbon metabolism, in which S-adenosylmethionine (SAM) is formed. SAM donates methyl groups that are crucial for neurological function. Increased plasma homocysteine is a functional marker of both folate and vitamin B12 deficiency. Increased homocysteine levels are found in depressive patients. In a large population study from Norway increased plasma homocysteine was associated with increased risk of depression but not anxiety. There is now substantial evidence of a common decrease in serum/red blood cell folate, serum vitamin B12 and an increase in plasma homocysteine in depression. Furthermore, the MTHFR C677T polymorphism that impairs the homocysteine metabolism is shown to be overrepresented among depressive patients, which strengthens the association. On the basis of current data, we suggest that oral doses of both folic acid (800 microg daily) and vitamin B12 (1 mg daily) should be tried to improve treatment outcome in depression.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...t_uids=15671130 ]

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 23 2007, 12:18 AM
Post #3448

Hardcore BUSTie

Its official...I now smell. I've actually read about women getting recurring bv following their first colpo. I should have known that it was only going to make mine worse. I used to be one of the lucky ones (in the not smelling aspect, very unlucky in the burning aspect) and now I can smell myself just sitting here. Fuck.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post May 22 2007, 09:44 PM
Post #3449

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jenniferg @ May 22 2007, 11:04 PM) *
I have taken Flagyl several times...I can't even count. Sometimes it works and then sometimes it doesn't. I also have used metronidazole gel, have tried tea tree oil, garlic, yogurt, probiotics and am now trying the botanical advantage pills. The only thing that always works but I don't like to use it that often because I don't even have a yeast infection is the monistat. It takes away the burning from the bv for some reason. The doctor said that maybe I have a small yeast inf. combined with the bv so that could be why it helps, but when they test me it always comes back as just bv. I am going to order the fem-dophilus and try it.

ohh i see. that's weird that the monistat helps. well i hope you find something that works soon. let me know how the fem-dophilus works for you, i'm going to use it too. smile.gif

+Quote Post
jenniferg
post May 22 2007, 08:47 PM
Post #3450

BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ May 22 2007, 07:48 PM) *
how many times have you taken flagyl? from what you said it sounds like a couple of times. if it just keeps coming back maybe it's time for you to try something different. just a suggestion, i think that using flagyl over and over again only makes it more difficult to get rid of bv.

I have taken Flagyl several times...I can't even count. Sometimes it works and then sometimes it doesn't. I also have used metronidazole gel, have tried tea tree oil, garlic, yogurt, probiotics and am now trying the botanical advantage pills. The only thing that always works but I don't like to use it that often because I don't even have a yeast infection is the monistat. It takes away the burning from the bv for some reason. The doctor said that maybe I have a small yeast inf. combined with the bv so that could be why it helps, but when they test me it always comes back as just bv. I am going to order the fem-dophilus and try it.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post May 22 2007, 08:31 PM
Post #3451

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jenniferg @ May 22 2007, 10:30 PM) *
I have had both at the same time. Flagyl usually always gives me a yeast infection and since it doesn't always clear up the bv, I have bv and yeast. I think that's why the burning was so bad this month because I had a little yeast inf. I used the 3 day monistat and now it's all gone biggrin.gif ...of course until next month when I will start the battle all over again.

how many times have you taken flagyl? from what you said it sounds like a couple of times. if it just keeps coming back maybe it's time for you to try something different. just a suggestion, i think that using flagyl over and over again only makes it more difficult to get rid of bv.

+Quote Post
jenniferg
post May 22 2007, 08:13 PM
Post #3452

BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 22 2007, 06:20 PM) *
Who here has had yeast and bv at the same time? This is my second time with a coinfection (that I'm aware of). Although the yeast was a lot worse last time around.

I have had both at the same time. Flagyl usually always gives me a yeast infection and since it doesn't always clear up the bv, I have bv and yeast. I think that's why the burning was so bad this month because I had a little yeast inf. I used the 3 day monistat and now it's all gone biggrin.gif ...of course until next month when I will start the battle all over again.

+Quote Post
jenniferg
post May 22 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #3453

BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ May 22 2007, 03:14 PM) *
go go iherb.com and search for it. they ship it in an iced package so it doesn't go bad. because you need to keep it refrigerated. and it's cheaper there than most places. that's where lori and i both bought ours, she got hers already and i just ordered mine today so i hopefully will have it soon.

Thank you! I will order some today.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post May 22 2007, 07:33 PM
Post #3454

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 22 2007, 09:20 PM) *
Who here has had yeast and bv at the same time? This is my second time with a coinfection (that I'm aware of). Although the yeast was a lot worse last time around.

i've had that happen twice so far. and same as you.. that i know of. may have been more than twice. it was horribleeeee. i was so itchy!!!!

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post May 22 2007, 07:32 PM
Post #3455

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(bvgirl @ May 22 2007, 09:20 PM) *
Hello antisirch..

I used it for 21 days,twice a day(even though it rid the bv smell in one day) I continued to use it. I planned to purchase more but I have not yet and I have had no smell in a month but I will get around to buying more. Yes, I plan to use it during my period(I did not yet because I ran out)for four months like the direction says. From time to time I experienced drying and a little irritation but I guess it depends on how your body reacts to it. Some people may have a reaction to the boric acid and or experience more than minor problems so just understand that it may or may not work for you and or you may or may not have irrritation,dryness and or some people say they sometimes were bothered by itching. So just be aware that you may experience one or all or none of the minor problems. I was just so amazed that it worked so very quickly for me and still is. They also say that you may need to use it longer than a month if the yeast arrest has not rid it in a month. I have been dealing with bv for years and I am just so glad that I found a product that will help me with the bv. It is not a cure but at least I know when I use it it works for me. Please let us know how you are doing...

well i've been using it since yesterday morning (so i've inserted 4 so far) and the smell is gone and i am not burning or anything. i understand everyone is different but it seems like it's working for me. it's not causing any problems and i don't smell at all. we'll see what happens when i stop using it in a month. hopefully it will stay away!

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 22 2007, 07:03 PM
Post #3456

Hardcore BUSTie

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post May 22 2007, 07:03 PM
Post #3457

BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ May 22 2007, 07:33 PM) *
how long did you use it? and did you use it twice a day? i plan on using it for a month twice a day and then after that once at night for 4 months during my period. is that what you're doing too? that is what's on the directions. also, mfc10 stated that she was using boric acid and also used estrogen cream along with it because it dried her out, did you experience any drying?? i'm kind of excited, i hope this works.

Hello antisirch..

I used it for 21 days,twice a day(even though it rid the bv smell in one day) I continued to use it. I planned to purchase more but I have not yet and I have had no smell in a month but I will get around to buying more. Yes, I plan to use it during my period(I did not yet because I ran out)for four months like the direction says. From time to time I experienced drying and a little irritation but I guess it depends on how your body reacts to it. Some people may have a reaction to the boric acid and or experience more than minor problems so just understand that it may or may not work for you and or you may or may not have irrritation,dryness and or some people say they sometimes were bothered by itching. So just be aware that you may experience one or all or none of the minor problems. I was just so amazed that it worked so very quickly for me and still is. They also say that you may need to use it longer than a month if the yeast arrest has not rid it in a month. I have been dealing with bv for years and I am just so glad that I found a product that will help me with the bv. It is not a cure but at least I know when I use it it works for me. Please let us know how you are doing...

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
sassy
post May 22 2007, 06:54 PM
Post #3458

Hardcore BUSTie

jennifer: The boric acid is not permanent, at least not for me. It does, however, take away the smell and discharge for short amounts of time so that I can at least feel normal sometimes and have sex with my fiancee. If I use it two nights in a row, the smell is gone. It usually comes back in a week, or quicker if I have sex. I've never experienced any side effects (Jewels got a bad rash). It does dry out the vagina sometimes but nothing too horrible. It's honestly saved my sanity in this BV battle.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post May 22 2007, 06:16 PM
Post #3459

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(bvgirl @ May 22 2007, 08:18 PM) *
QUOTE(anitsirhc @ May 22 2007, 01:05 PM)
i'd rather use natural ways. that's why i'm using the Yeast Arrest. and there are a few people on this board (i don't remember who) who were successful with that.

Yes, I am one who has had great success with yeast arrest.

how long did you use it? and did you use it twice a day? i plan on using it for a month twice a day and then after that once at night for 4 months during my period. is that what you're doing too? that is what's on the directions. also, mfc10 stated that she was using boric acid and also used estrogen cream along with it because it dried her out, did you experience any drying?? i'm kind of excited, i hope this works.

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post May 22 2007, 06:01 PM
Post #3460

BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ May 22 2007, 01:05 PM)
i'd rather use natural ways. that's why i'm using the Yeast Arrest. and there are a few people on this board (i don't remember who) who were successful with that.

Yes, I am one who has had great success with yeast arrest.

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 171 172 173 174 175 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 23, 2014 - 01:40 PM