The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Plus size girls are there any cool clothes out there for us ?
craveforeric
post Mar 19 2014, 10:55 PM
Post #1

BUSTie

QUOTE(anastasiay @ Nov 7 2013, 12:47 AM) *
Yesterday I just finished the wedding, I am a little fat, looking for a long time to find for my dress,see pics of prom dresses

that is just for prom? really look nice

--------------------
eat..live..love

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
anastasiay
post Nov 7 2013, 12:47 AM
Post #2

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
anastasiay
post Nov 7 2013, 12:47 AM
Post #3

Yesterday I just finished the wedding, I am a little fat, looking for a long time to find for my dress,see pics of prom dresses

+Quote Post
snehsmart
post Sep 18 2013, 06:56 AM
Post #4

Torrid and Avenue has some good collection of dresses smile.gif

+Quote Post
madeinamerica
post Jun 3 2013, 12:26 PM
Post #5

Whoa . This specific guide is extremely very helpful. I will probably store this page so I can go back. I love this and I think this is amazing !

--------------------

+Quote Post
hoffbyhoff
post May 15 2013, 12:54 AM
Post #6

BUSTie

i think i may dress totally goth/emo/whatever the kids are calling it these days (gawd, i feel old). at least that way i can dress in layers. i thought about doing the wicked witch, but, according to my kids, that's not a costume. brat-children!

--------------------

+Quote Post
lunia666
post May 9 2011, 06:55 PM
Post #7

Hardcore BUSTie

Can we talk about Bra's and muffin tops lol smile.gif because I have an issue with both

+Quote Post
damona
post May 6 2011, 08:49 PM
Post #8

can i go to bed now?

i picked up a pair of Old Navy khakis at the thrift store for 2 bucks. they're practically brand new. yay! may i just say, tho, that Old Navy are a bunch of liars when it comes to their sizes. these claim to be an 18, but all my other 18's are practically falling off of me, and these are like a second skin. they fit, but just barely! they're more like a 16, or even a 14/16. why, oh, why can't there be consistent sizing in women's clothing???

hey, polly, what did you end up wearing? smile.gif

--------------------
"give me life, give me pain, give me myself again" - tori amos

+Quote Post
damona
post May 4 2011, 06:33 PM
Post #9

can i go to bed now?

i know i posted ages ago, but i thought i'd update for y'all... i emailed Levi's, and was informed that, in fact, they no longer make an 18 long. apparently, women aren't allowed to be tall and fat. finding regular or petites in an 18 or 20 is no problem... what is a problem is that i have a 33 inch inseam! ugh. stupid companies. i so wish i could afford custom made jeans.

on another note, The Boy bought me a pair of Applebottom Jeans (i love sales!) in a 17/18, which is a jrs size, i'm pretty sure, although it doesn't specify. they're skinny leg, dark wash, with big pockets on the sides of the thighs. basically, these . they fit pretty good, but the waist is too big, so they keep sliding down my butt! grrr... i have no luck with jeans!

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Apr 9 2011, 08:11 PM
Post #10

brown delicious

Polly, I can see you wearing this shirt. Most times, when I was out and about, I saw girls wearing the rockabilly look....the kitten heels, makeup, and hair was all I remember. I think there is flexibility in the top you wear....just think a classic top. I did find alot of youtube videos for doing rockabilly hairdos.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Apr 9 2011, 05:16 PM
Post #11

Big Fat Bitch

Stay the fuck away from Pacifiplex! Their stuff is EXTREMELY poor quality & runs . . . small doesn't even cover it. Miniscule. And shoddy.

Your request is a bit of a tall order. Rockabilly/pin-up is a fairly niche market, so unless you go costume-y it's not going to be cheap. And silhouette-wise, it's all about the hourglass. The most variety would be ModeMerr, but $50 is a sale price. You could also try Baby Girl Boutique, Pinup Girl, Stop Staring, Bettie Page, or My Baby Jo.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Apr 9 2011, 02:11 PM
Post #12

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

My co-worker's bachelorette party is on the 30th and I need a top to wear. It's gotta be a kinda rockabilly/pin-up look- there's a theme.

I'm wearing black capri's and shoes that are similar to these, but not as high- more like a kitten heel.

I don't want to spend more than $50 and in Lane Bryant sizes, I'm an 18/20, so a 1x or 2x depending on the brand. And I'm bigger in the middle than on top, so something really cleavage-y doesn't work on me.

I looked at this shirt, but the reviews on Amazon are terrible.

Any ideas?

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Apr 3 2011, 10:36 AM
Post #13

Big Fat Bitch

Pretty! I'm sure you'd look great in it for spring!

Ah, yes, boobie accomodation. I got a GREAT dress from ModCloth that I wound up getting in a 3X because it'd have been tits a poppin' otherwise. Have you tried Pepperberry? Their motto is "Clothes designed with your boobs in mind!"

And sizing is *such* bullshit. Online, I usually go by measurements even if I have to contact the seller directly. In stores, I eyeball it. Places Like H&M, UO, & Forever21, etc, etc have such uneven sizing that if it looks like I might be able to cram my ass in it, I try it on even if the label *says* it's a size twelve.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Apr 3 2011, 06:41 AM
Post #14

brown delicious

OoOoO, those are great sites, AP. I can always count on you to know where to shop. I really want this dress at ASOS. The color would compliment my skin tone.

The older I get, I find that I have to buy different sizes based on the cut and certain part of my body. I wear a size 14, but, sometimes I have to get a XL or size 16 to accommodate the boob-age area. Also, sometimes, the cut or material means I have to get a size 16.

I wish I had this cool clothing when I was growing up. At least, I have more options now!

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Apr 2 2011, 08:54 PM
Post #15

Big Fat Bitch

I so heart ASOS! I have both of the waisted t shirt dresses, the halter maxi, Peter Pan collar jersey dress, chiffon kaftan dress. I WANT the tiered chiffon & the v neck chiffon & the pansy chiffon tea dress.

I also discovered Style369, they are part of the Evans/Dorothy Perkins family. I have the white lace dress, ditsy print dress, black pleated dress, & a great 60s vintage looking dress that is black lace over pink.

I've also been haunting the usual suspects, Ruche, ModCloth, & eShakti. I have eShakti promo codes out the yinyang, so PM me if you want one.

And lest I be thought too stodgy, I like a lot of the edgier stuff from Carmakoma as well.

Gabi is awesome, it's so great that she got the MTV gig! I do miss her having the time to blog more, though!

I also love Lilli from Frocks & Frou Frou.

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Apr 2 2011, 09:40 AM
Post #16

brown delicious

With the arrival of Spring, I find myself wanting to buy some new clothes. I've finally gotten around to perusing ASOS. Makes me want to buy a whole bunch of dresses. Also, I think I've mentioned my love of Gabi years ago. Just wanted to say I love her fashion sense. Also, I saw her at a Boston bar years ago...she is very beautiful in person...amazing complexion....she definitely has a presence.

Off to look at more clothes...

--------------------

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Dec 28 2010, 10:43 PM
Post #17

I checked my pair and you're right, Aural- I must have imagined it. Just a small label on the outside, but on the inside, there's a long rectangular label on the inside of the waistband that says "Boot Cut 515" and then below that, where the waistband is sewn to the back, there's a hanging tag that says "18P" or whatever the size is.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Dec 28 2010, 05:49 PM
Post #18

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Dec 28 2010, 12:35 PM) *
Is there a tag on the outside, on the waistband? Usually Levi's puts the model number on that tag.

Actually, I don't think they do that on the plus size jeans & most of their basic jeans stop at size 16. With the plus the style info is usually on the label inside the back or on the fly. They might be from the Signature line, I'm pretty sure they go up to an 18 & are widely available at Walmarts across the USA.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Dec 28 2010, 11:35 AM
Post #19

QUOTE(damona @ Dec 27 2010, 10:32 PM) *
ok, ladies, help me out! i have a pair of jeans that i absolutely adore. they are Levi's, and the tag says simply "straight leg, mid-rise, misses 18 long". i have looked everywhere. they don't seem to exist. if i wasn't wearing them, i wouldn't believe in them! i have looked at Kohl's, online at Kohl's, at levis.com, on amazon, ebay... help!

i have the worst time finding jeans that fit right, and it would just be my luck that i found these and they immediately discontinued them.

Is there a tag on the outside, on the waistband? Usually Levi's puts the model number on that tag.

--------------------

+Quote Post
damona
post Dec 27 2010, 10:32 PM
Post #20

can i go to bed now?

ok, ladies, help me out! i have a pair of jeans that i absolutely adore. they are Levi's, and the tag says simply "straight leg, mid-rise, misses 18 long". i have looked everywhere. they don't seem to exist. if i wasn't wearing them, i wouldn't believe in them! i have looked at Kohl's, online at Kohl's, at levis.com, on amazon, ebay... help!

i have the worst time finding jeans that fit right, and it would just be my luck that i found these and they immediately discontinued them.

--------------------

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 20, 2014 - 11:37 AM