Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "An' It Harm None..." - for pagans and the pagan-curious
deschatsrouge
post Feb 16 2010, 05:42 PM
Post #1

A symphony of atrocities.

Hi I'm Deschats, I'm a heathen. I tell fortunes, and do divination.

--------------------
"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." -Exodus 22:18
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
alluna
post Feb 12 2010, 10:23 PM
Post #2

BUSTie

Ahoy.

--------------------
Rain Blanken
'Rain Strong!'

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jan 15 2010, 09:20 AM
Post #3

Big Fat Bitch

*bump*

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
Shy-Rock
post Jul 14 2008, 04:30 PM
Post #4

Bump!

I used to lurk here a lot, but I just joined recently so I can post now too, hooray!

I'm a sorta longtime (between 10-20 years, depending on how you count) Pagan-type. Are there still any posting Pagans around here? Wanna chat about it?

Anyone? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
vesicapisces
post Jan 23 2008, 03:56 PM
Post #5

Hardcore BUSTie

Wow, Djenn! Hi, been a long time (I've been gone, I see you've been around here and there.) Yes, the thread still muddles thru. I think this is the only one I ever started that stuck.

I don't work with the Fae myself but in the ever-present reference library is a copy of Nancy Arrowsmith's A Field Guide to the Little People - I'll remind myself to check it when I get home and see what sort of info I can find (it's a pretty comprehensive study and groups the sidhe by "light"/"dark"/"dusky" elves depending on their habitat and behavior - one tricky thing about the Fae can be the various "common names" they're called by different cultures. Anyway, I'll see what I've got on hand.

Nice to see you again! I should come by more often.

--------------------

+Quote Post
deschatsrouge
post Jan 14 2008, 11:50 AM
Post #6

If you want to know about Gnomes this is the book to read. I have a copy, and it's very informative.

--------------------

+Quote Post
djennma2000
post Jan 9 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #7

Hardcore BUSTie

Heya Folks! smile.gif

Happy Winter/New Year and all that! smile.gif

Okay--here's a weird one for y'all: anyone ever do any work w/the Fae extensively? If so, what do you know about *gnomes*?

..told ya it was WEIRD! wink.gif

+Quote Post
missyann
post Nov 4 2007, 10:23 AM
Post #8

Hey there all,

I'm new to the Bust forum, so apologies if this isn't the "right" way to go about this. :-) I'm a freelance writer and I want to interview a "modern witch" for an article I'm working on. I'm looking for a fabulous girl who is spiritually and environmentally aware and a practicing pagan. Any takers? I love Bust and thought this would be a good way to find the right person for my article.

Here is my email: hephzibah_m@hotmail.com. Hit me up if you're interested...

Thanks,
Missy

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Aug 31 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #9

belligerently lazy

thanks, amy-that's what I had in mind : )

--------------------
I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American and to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you if you don't watch your step.
-Matt Groening, Life in Hell

+Quote Post
amywoman
post Aug 30 2007, 06:53 PM
Post #10

Hardcore BUSTie

humanist77, I think you could just sage in there and clear it up. In my experience, sage doesn't radically change the energy of a place, but it can cleanse it of energies that are fairly temporary.

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Aug 28 2007, 09:15 PM
Post #11

belligerently lazy

Hi all,
I kinda have the same query as moonpieluv-
My boy's roommates are moving out, and he's taking their bedroom. The energy is actually good in this bedroom; every time I've been in there, I always feel very peaceful and quiet, but it's not OUR energy-so I want to clear it out and start new. Should I do this-or should I not try to fix what's not broken? Any suggestions?

--------------------
I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American and to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you if you don't watch your step.
-Matt Groening, Life in Hell

+Quote Post
Moonpieluv
post Aug 21 2007, 08:23 AM
Post #12

Hardcore BUSTie

Quick question: I've been waking up in the night feeling completely frightened as if something is in my room.... happens when my back is turned away from the door and side window when I'm laying on my side... I have awakened so afraid that my heart pounds and I have to look around the room and listen for "off" sounds or something...

I have since been adamant about closing the lid on the toilet and closing the bathroom door, but... it happens almost every time I sleep at home (that is, not at my bf's house).

I had bought sage when I first moved in and never burned it. I'm moving in two months so I don't really see a point in burning it now... but....

sea salt on the windowsill? Herbs in my room? etc.

Any suggestions as to how I can rid of this negative energy that wakes me up at night? I guess it could just be stress, but.... it really creeps me out.
FYI, I live in a old place....the last tenant was rather negative in general. hmmm?

Thanks.

+Quote Post
amywoman
post Aug 14 2007, 05:56 PM
Post #13

Hardcore BUSTie

Djenn! Good to see you back!

And no, it's not just you, but I can't really verbalize it myself, if you know what I mean.

+Quote Post
djennma2000
post Aug 14 2007, 06:41 AM
Post #14

Hardcore BUSTie

GOOD LORD AND LADY!!!! THIS IS STILL *HERE*!!! smile.gif

How *IS* everyone? And what are we doing for Mabon?

And is it just me, or is the "strange" (the general high-weirdness that seems to come in around Samhain-ish) in a little E*A*R*L*Y this year?!

*kisses and hugs to all, all around!* laugh.gif

+Quote Post
MJCalloway
post Mar 1 2007, 08:46 AM
Post #15

Hey everyone!

Stumbled upon this thread and had to read it. Always nice to talk to fellow pagans smile.gif

I'm MJ, live in NYC and am in the process starting spring off in the right foot.

Just broke up with my b/f of 10 years. I have to say I hurt a lot, but am very very happy that it happened at this time of the year. What a better time to welcome in new things. That, and I'm turning 30 this year so I'm about change this spring!

I don't think I'll be doing anything major, but I'm sure I'll some sort of small intimate celebration with the fae and paying homage to my gods and goddesses thanking them for their help during this time.

+Quote Post
deschatsrouge
post Feb 5 2007, 12:12 PM
Post #16

What is everyone doing for spring?

--------------------

+Quote Post
deschatsrouge
post Nov 21 2006, 02:04 PM
Post #17

I think we're gonna decorate the tree, make candy and celebrate the solstace.

--------------------

+Quote Post
magickal_realism
post Nov 18 2006, 12:44 PM
Post #18

BUSTie

So what are people planning for Yule? I'm doing a brief rite-of-passage ceremony with some girlfriends in Atlanta (it'll be a nice relief from Minnesota cold!), but beyond that, I haven't developed much of a plan.

--------------------

+Quote Post
deschatsrouge
post Nov 15 2006, 09:32 AM
Post #19

Welcom, welcome, welcome Magickal!

--------------------

+Quote Post
magickal_realism
post Nov 13 2006, 04:46 PM
Post #20

BUSTie

Yay! More Pagans!

I'm Di, I've practiced Wicca for give or take 10 years. I've done the whole third degree initiation route twice, and I'm kind of venturing away from it now because there's so much more out there beyond the Wiccan scope. My pantheon is Hellenic; I am primarily dedicated to Eros and Psyche ... in a surprisingly conservative way.

I've written for Llewellyn since 2000, and I do reviews of occult books now, you can see a few samples here. That said, there's a LOT I don't know. In some ways I envy Crowley, because he was able to take off a decade or two just to catch up on his reading.

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 30, 2014 - 09:49 PM