The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 106 107 108 109 110 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
doodlebug
post Jun 9 2006, 12:12 AM
Post #2141

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

AP, I so want to sit on a bus bench and drink wine and people-watch with you.

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 9 2006, 12:08 AM
Post #2142

Big Fat Bitch

Several of the hottest clubs in town are within three blocks of my apt. I sat on a bus bench for a half an hour drinking a bottle of wine & watching the fashion disasters on their way into 'da club'. There is no prouder woman than a BIG black woman. I am one, so I know this to be fact, I just dress for my shape. Two girls: one wit' booty, one wit'out. Bootay has on... grey cotton CAMO gauchos with her Payless BOGOs. Her asscrack was HONGRY. No bootay has on... Grey. Crushed. Velvet. Gauchos. Black halter with rhinestone back. WICKED muffintop. Her ass wasn't hongry, it was STARVING by the amount of cheap fabric up her ass. Really cheap weave. She also had on cheap, ugly slides.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
possum
post Jun 8 2006, 11:26 PM
Post #2143

BUSTie

Seen today at a deli: Woman in her 50s. VERY big hair. Big, poofy, fake-o blond feathered hair. Like a good four inches high on all sides, down past her shoulders. Sort of like a televangelist's wife hair. T-shirt and short-shorts, which she did not have the legs for, though she was strutting around as if she thought she did. Ugly 70s sunglasses, way too big for her head, where the lenses were kinda detached from the frames on the sides, so she looked like a giant fly. Didn't notice the shoes due to the train wreck that was hair and sunglasses. Heads turned as she walked by as if to say "Oh my God, what the hell?!"

She had what appeared to be her granddaughter with her, whom she made get up every 30 seconds to get a straw, a fork, a napkin, more sugar packets, blahblah. Poor kid did not get to eat any time before she was told to get up again for something else. You could tell the kid was kind of embarrassed to be seen with her too. It was sad.

--------------------

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jun 8 2006, 06:42 PM
Post #2144

I'll be 38 this year. I guess I count myself among the older folk. But the non-sun-wrinkly kind!

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Jun 8 2006, 05:46 PM
Post #2145

PANTIES! ew.

Maimy, you are so not old. Even at 105, you won't be old. MWAH!

+Quote Post
ginger_kitty
post Jun 8 2006, 05:42 PM
Post #2146

Hardcore BUSTie

Oooh, Maimy, you're only 12 years older than me, you aren't old! I keep forgeting that I am going on 30. So I always say older, my mistake!

Yeah, I know I work in a factory(for now), so the dress code is obviously really slack. But those t-shirts are just trashy.

I agree, doodle. My mom, was a sun block nazi, even in the 80's. Anyway, I think it's scary when people are 'too tan'. Thier skin starts to get leathery.

--------------------
-We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.

-What we think, we become.

+Quote Post
maimy
post Jun 8 2006, 04:11 PM
Post #2147

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm 38. I feel so old now!

*Definitely prefers clothing upon which the only words are related to cleaning and care*

The closest thing I have to offer as a "crime" today is that a woman in my building was wearing a very nubby, rather warm looking, pink wool suit. It was of a color of pink that I would actually accept (non-Pepto) ... but it's 85 degrees. Wool which can be called "thick" is likely a bad choice ...

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jun 8 2006, 03:19 PM
Post #2148

One - ONE - sparkly thing during the day is a creative fashion statement. Three sparkly things during the day is a different kind of statement altogether: $20 blowjobs.

These older folks who look 20 years older due to endless tanning during their youth...I have no empathy. My mom told me in the '70s what tanning would do to my skin. (And I heeded the warning!) So if people knew it then, there's really no excuse for the way they look now.

Just another curious fashion crime, as recently pointed out by Kathy Griffin: why DOES Ann Coulter wear cocktail dresses at 7 in the morning?

Goddess, I'm so bitchy today.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mornington
post Jun 8 2006, 02:33 PM
Post #2149

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

another older lady... shopping with her daughter (herself wearing a dress that was too low-cut for daywear imo). She had white, long-square toed slingbacks on (last seen at a wedding circa 1998), black big-net tights - where the fishnet is made of diamonds about an inch on each side. A knee-length wrap skirt in beige, that was covered in sequins, some sort of crinkly satin/silk top in a mint green, and then a white bolero/shug/doodah, again encrused with shiny beads. She looked like she was playing dress-up in all her mummy's sparkliest clothes.

Oh, and the woman in her middle years, perma-tanned mahogany (with that papery skin thing) wearing a sun dress clearly designed for someone twenty years younger, with dyed blonde hair that was so light it clashed with her skin tone. Or she was wearing a wig.

ginger - those things are a cof no matter who they're on, but especially for workwear

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jun 8 2006, 02:00 PM
Post #2150

ginger....she wears these t-shirts to WORK?

--------------------

+Quote Post
ginger_kitty
post Jun 8 2006, 01:16 PM
Post #2151

Hardcore BUSTie

Okay,Cof: This older lady I work with maybe late 30's early 40's always dresses way to young for her age. Now don't get me wrong she looks good for her age. But, I think Britney Spears is her fashion role model. Her cof is she started wearing baby doll t-shirts that say things like 'look but don't touch' and 'you don't deserve this'

Actually, it's not even an age issue, I don't think anyone should wear lame slogans like that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jun 6 2006, 01:25 PM
Post #2152

I must report an anti-CoF, if that is allowed.

There's a man who goes into the bistro next door every single day. Previously, he had this really long, stringy ponytail. Well, today I saw him and the hair is all chopped off. Turns out, he has very nice, naturally wavy hair...AND he looks about 15 years younger!! Now if only he'd lose the goatee...

Attention, people of the world! Stop hiding behind your hair!! (This means you, too, Jake Gyllenhaal!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post Jun 5 2006, 11:14 PM
Post #2153

Hardcore BUSTie

i go back and forth between no CoFs for days, and then BAM it's total overflow, the the extent that i'm too overwhelmed to even post anything.

and then there's the other day, when i was cataloguing like 5 specimens on the subway when i was unfortunately distracted by a really cute boy who was totally NOT a CoF.

+Quote Post
ginger_kitty
post Jun 5 2006, 06:56 PM
Post #2154

Hardcore BUSTie

heehehee, tyger. That's my defination of gaucho's too.

My cof is a lady I saw a the ice cream shop wearing white capris pulled up just beneath her breasts with the deepest panty lines I have ever seen in my entire life. Which somehow she managed to tuck a sleeveless teal polo into but I can't imagine where she found the space to tuck.

--------------------

+Quote Post
tyger
post Jun 5 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #2155

Hardcore BUSTie

i think they're really only gauchose if they're loose and flowy, or clingy and being eaten by your vagina (because they really do end up that far up, i'm sure)

no cofs for me lately. but i did see thigh-highs at the drugstore today. i think i'll pick up a bunch. nude fishnets, black fishnets, any other kind they have. i love wearing cute tights with skirts, but i've only found one brand (i think oh! les filles) that doesn't do evil things to my tummular region

+Quote Post
maimy
post Jun 5 2006, 06:33 PM
Post #2156

Hardcore BUSTie

I *park* my sunglasses on my head, but I do not *wear* them there. The dividing line for me is a time limit of say five to ten minutes - or the absence of a bag to stuff 'em in (my shades are too flippy to stay put if I put them in the cleavage).

NON fashion crime to report for a change - amusingly, 3/4 of the women I work with most closely every day (100% on "the power strip", my section of the floor!) wore a wonderful variety of B/W outfits today. Couple of black and white dresses, one pair of sharp black slacks with a nice white piqe' top, one "boho" (hee) white cotton skirt with black graphic flora, and my own little MaxAzria faux-wrap dress ... We were fab, every one of us. Go us!

+Quote Post
meetay
post Jun 5 2006, 05:45 PM
Post #2157

BUSTie

Uhm, did everyone forget that tights are really cool looking, like, totally? I once spent an entire day at work (8 or 10 hours) looking at different pairs of tights.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 5 2006, 02:30 PM
Post #2158

Big Fat Bitch

Oh great googly moogly. I am gonna start a photoblog. Yesterday. Cute woman wearing... a red mini-cowboy hat, yellow ill-fitting baby tee, red/white/yellow madras plaid capris. Writing it down it sounds kinda cute, but it was AWFUL!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
ginger_kitty
post Jun 5 2006, 01:35 PM
Post #2159

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks bklynhermit and dirtbunny, I am gonna go ahead and wear them with out worries. I was surprised they were labeled gauchos, they just seemed like board shorts like you said ddritbutnny.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dirtybunny
post Jun 4 2006, 10:32 PM
Post #2160

BUSTie

I live in Montreal so every third person is a CoF! My fav today was the lady at the grocury store...Big "yellow" (not blonde) hair. Short acid washed jean jacket, cotton candy pink capri's that went up past her short jacket (hello camel toe?)and white patent leather sandals. It was like a train wreck that I couldn't take my eyes off!...How can you carry a Gucci bag (yes it was real) but look like a 50 year old women dressed for pre-school?

In gaucho news - the word is used as a marketing tool because it, like "boho" and other ridiculous catch names/words sell. The word "gaucho" refers to "A cowboy of the South American pampas" and "Calf-length pants with flared legs". Wear what makes you happy and f@%& the names; I'm going to look at my technical drawing book to get to the bottom of this stupid gaucho!
...ginger_kitty your very cute shorts to my design edu-macted self are surf shorts and would look cool with just a bikini top (@ the beach) or with a cami. I've been shamelessly wearing the mens ones for many years!

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 106 107 108 109 110 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 1, 2014 - 01:03 PM