The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Return Of The Vintage Busties, over 35 & fabulous,dahling!
missladyj
post Sep 22 2007, 01:34 PM
Post #61

Hardcore BUSTie

for me it is all about moisturizing, all the time.

I teach water aerobics and one of the older women in my class has a saying, " See a wrinkle, eat a twinkie! "

So twinkies all around.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Sep 22 2007, 10:54 AM
Post #62

brown delicious

wow. i've seen those tree. do you worship the sun?? tanning seems to bring those. and shagging skin. damn aging.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
venetia
post Sep 21 2007, 11:26 PM
Post #63

Hardcore BUSTie

I thought those looked good! I have three of them in the mornings that fade during the day (I'm sure they're gradually becoming more permanent) and I think they sort of make my chest look more interesting and my breasts look more defined. But I'm a weirdo.

+Quote Post
walkingbitch
post Sep 21 2007, 09:01 PM
Post #64

Hardcore BUSTie

lol no u didn't.

I have those too. In fact i thought it was honorable that you mentioned them first... but you know what makes them less noticeable/ go way some?
I use the oil of olay microdermabrasion crap once a month on my chest, bust (heh) area. any more than that damages the delicate skin there, but it helps.

--------------------
"A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a f@*#ing cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant."
Bill Hicks

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Sep 21 2007, 05:39 PM
Post #65

cryostat bitch

And...I killed the thread....

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Sep 18 2007, 07:48 AM
Post #66

cryostat bitch

Okay...I'm developing chest wrinkles. They're vertical. This distresses me much more than the facial wrinkles and the grey hair.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pepper
post Sep 13 2007, 07:51 AM
Post #67

35. le sigh. i don't even feel all that grown up most of the time.

these days though i find myself checking with the younger set to make sure they're getting my references (thank maude for Retro or i would be SO out of it!).
think about it, the smurfs haven't been on tv since before i hit the teens man. what about Jem and the Thundercats? Barbapapa anyone?
ok, those are all cartoon references but i've got kids yo!

*laughing at self*

+Quote Post
walkingbitch
post Sep 12 2007, 05:23 PM
Post #68

Hardcore BUSTie

LOL what 33 means to me.....

The when are you and Ed going to start a family question still irks me. We ARE NOT HAVING CHILDREN. PERIOD, EXCLAMATION POINT now mind your goddamn business. It's always the ones most irritated with their own children, that push and ask the most I find. Those and the adults that are so miserable with their own that they question the validity of our 11 year relationship because there are no kids. Yes we have an active sex life, I probably have way more sex than you do and it's not always the quickie slipped in variety when the kids are bathing, at a friend's or the inlaws are sitting variety either.... (Not that quickies can't be fun, but that's for another thread.)

I went to meet my nephew (23) and a bunch of his friends at a bar two weeks ago. Having not seen some of these kids, (I babysat for many of these boys/men...lol) I sat at the bar alone until I saw my nephew. I would occasionally glance over at the group of twenty-something guys, a couple of which were definitely giving me the once, twice, three times a lady once-over, so I went outside for a smoke. Out strolls my nephew about 5 minutes later, and told me I should come inside, but did I happen to see the hot chick his friends had been gawking at leave the bar? I cracked up and went inside with him, where I visited with half of the kids that I tucked in with a story when they were 5,6,7 years old except this time instead of complaining about going to bed they were more interested in getting me in one.
Proving yet again that men mature slower than women, I heard variations of "pretty hot for an old chick" a couple of times over the next 3 hours.

Most of the time I don't feel like I'm in my 30's at all. But I do get a bad case of the "Fuck, I am OLD!"('s) from time to time.
Um like last week when I had to explain my oh so cool "Back to the Future" references to a 22 year old.

--------------------
"A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a f@*#ing cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant."
Bill Hicks

+Quote Post
dusty
post Sep 12 2007, 09:03 AM
Post #69

Hardcore BUSTie

I don't remember ever getting any pressure over marrying, having kids, etc. My mother didn't marry until she was 30, which was pretty unusual in the 50s, I think, and I don't think my mother particularly liked kids. My dad always said that she shouldn't have had any.

I think the most I ever got was "When are you getting a real job?" at Christmas dinner, no less.

Because of my gray hair, I never get taken for younger than I am (mid-forties) but I rarely get taken for older, either, as far as I know.

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Sep 11 2007, 04:35 PM
Post #70

PANTIES! ew.

I owned property in my 20s and now I rent.

Last week someone in her 50s told me she thought I was in my 20s, not my 30s. I have poise/manners/social graces, I'm polite, I'm smart, I'm well-spoken, I can interact with a wide variety of people of different ages and backgrounds. I know all of this. And I know she meant well in trying to clear up the misunderstanding, but I'm not taking it as a compliment anymore and I know that's 100% my problem not to foist on other people. I want to make up t-shirts that say "This is what 3_ looks like!" (fill in the appropriate number) because the whole "Oh, you DON'T LOOK 3_" is getting to be really stale. But then again, maybe it's part of the myth that only people in their 20s wear t-shirts.

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Sep 5 2007, 04:02 AM
Post #71

cryostat bitch

Heh...you feel really OLD when you get your first "you're eligible for an AARP membership!" notice. Gaaaaa! blink.gif

(although it was because I had spent more than ten dollars at Walgreens; not my actual age)

But...still.

--------------------

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Sep 4 2007, 05:05 PM
Post #72

Hardcore BUSTie

The weird thing about being in the 30's is that sometimes the conversation turns to mortages and shit like that.

I sometimes will be doin laundry on a saturday night, enjoying every minute of it and then I wonder:"HOw did I become such a functional adult with a career, husband, and house?" It is just so wild to me.

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Sep 4 2007, 08:12 AM
Post #73

it's cards on the table time

I've never really wanted kids, although when the mister and I got together it became intense quite quickly and he brought up having kids early-ish. I think the look of shock on my face clarified my position on that for him. smile.gif Saying that, as our relationship became solid I deliberately thought long and hard about having them... so I now feel I've come to an informed decision, full circle really: no kids for us. The mister has one of his own so he's happy either way, and is actually I think quite relieved, as a new baby would put quite a dent into our plans for travelling and/or eventually emigrating.

I've posted about this before, but I've been lucky in that my parents don't put any pressure on me to have children at all; in fact I think my dad, for one, is relieved. My sister wants them though, so the 'family line' will continue.

I admire (good) parents and feel the job of parenting is one of the hardest, albeit also potentialy the most rewarding. It's just not for me/us, and I relish our relative freedom from that responsibility.

What I increasingly run into is the property conversation. Most of my good friends own their houses but for me that's still a couple of years down the road. I honestly don't mind, particularly as property prices where I live have been ludicrous. I try to resist that sense that I'm not a proper adult until I own my house, though.

+Quote Post
billybonka
post Sep 2 2007, 06:23 PM
Post #74

Hardcore BUSTie

We never had the "someday maybe" phase. Not long into our marriage, perhaps even before, we decided there would be no kids. My parents never did really push it much. But from time to time something would slip out. It amuses me that around ten years ago at a family reunion, there were several small children around and my parents were visibly agitated by their presence. Maybe they realized that they weren't so disappointed after all.

No one should have kids unless they want to (visions of Caucescau's Romania where 5 were expected - most became orphans). It's great that we can make that decision on our own without having to justify it.

I've never thought about the "looking for a birth father" scenario because no one has been looking to me for that role (uh, not that I'm aware of). North may have seen it, though.

+Quote Post
zoya
post Sep 2 2007, 04:54 PM
Post #75

uh huh.

billy -

I think I'm probably pretty lucky in that area, because my parents actually stopped asking a long time ago. I have a couple of brothers who have kids, so that's taken any pressure there might have been, off. (but I never really felt any, actually) What I hear more often from them is "when are you going to settle down and get a real job..." (uh.. never)

Really, I think that any expectations of having kids were probably more self-imposed - it's never been a huge priority for me, nor has it ever been a deal breaker in a relationship to have or not have kids - but I think that somewhere in my head, I always just thought "ok, I'll have kids someday" without giving any real, deep thought to the whole subject. So now that I'm getting older, I'm actually giving thought to something that I'd never thought about before: what do I CHOOSE in terms of having kids? (as opposed to something I was socialized to figure I'd just do as a matter of course)

Something that a guy friend of mine brought up that I'd never even thought of before (and i don't know if this is true, northpole and billy, maybe you can weigh in on this) is that some guys think that just because you're in your late 30's, are single, dating, and don't have kids, that you're on the prowl to find a husband / father. ie: in your mind, when you're dating, you just want to hunt for a husband and get knocked up quick. Which couldn't be further from the truth. I mean, yeah sure, I really really want to be in a good, healthy, mutually exclusive committed relationship with someone I'm really compatible with - but I'm not looking at every single guy as someone I want to immediately marry and have babies with.

Makes me wonder if that is part of the reason it can be more difficult for us older girls to meet someone (although I've not had any real problems with meeting guys..Specially the somewhat younger ones.)

+Quote Post
billybonka
post Sep 2 2007, 03:16 PM
Post #76

Hardcore BUSTie

Raisan, Zoya & North, perhaps at some point, your parents will quit asking or wondering. I dont' recall when that happened with my family, but they eventually came to terms that there will probably be no grandkids. My older brother, long divorced & single, won't have a family unless something bizarre happens. The only sad part of this is that it creates a deadend for the family line. I have regretted that over the years, but not enough to volunteer to do anything about it.

Stargazer, I think it's generally hard to grow older as a single. Society isn't particularly geared to handle that. But I agree that it's probably harder for a woman. And society is still weird about people being childless. Everyone thinks it's their business smile.gif

+Quote Post
zoya
post Sep 2 2007, 12:44 PM
Post #77

uh huh.

yeah, northpole, I concur... If I had to choose between being in an excellent relationship with no kids, or to 1) keep looking for someone who wants to have kids or 2) get into a relationship that ends up coming second to the kids, I'd choose the relationship.

At this point, I know that the chances I'll have kids are probably 50% at most, (especially since I'm not in a relationship and have no real prospects of one - and I would only have kids if it was a mutual decision with a partner in a committed relationship) so I would really rather focus on having a great relationship when the right person walks into my life.

Totally different way of thinking than I did, shit, even a year ago. But I think that, for me, that has been a big part of becoming a healthy, mature person. Coming to terms with that has helped take any self-imposed pressure off finding a certain type of partner, in a certain period of time..

+Quote Post
northpole
post Sep 2 2007, 09:57 AM
Post #78

BUSTie

While reading this thread, it was like hearing a familiar old tune. Even though I'm a guy (just turned 40 this spring), my parents (well, my mom mostly) are wondering when I'm going to settle down, get married and give them a grandchild. I have one older brother and one older sister, both of whom are married and have chosen to not have children.

And like zoya, I'm learning to embrace the fact that I may not have children of my own as women my age either already have them, or do not want to have them. In my younger years, it would have been a deal breaker if the woman wasn't interested in having children, but it's not a deal breaker anymore. Finding that special someone with whom I 'click' is much more important.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Sep 2 2007, 09:39 AM
Post #79

brown delicious

you are right raisin, this thread originally for +30 and over.

anywho, yeah, i agree with you about feeling like wasting their time in their 20s. actually, there is research that believes adolescence lasts until the age of 27. so, maybe i'm finally growing up now. wink.gif

unfortunately, growing old as a women is harder than for a man. i mentioned this statement to a male friend. cause we get harped on about the whole "have babies now before you can't" thing. it is ok for a man to grow old and be single. that's stupid.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Aug 30 2007, 09:53 PM
Post #80

PANTIES! ew.

BUMP!

Hey..... yeah, this thread used to be 30+! Increase for inflation?

Well, I'm not yet 35 and I don't feel old, either, and I'm only reminded of my age when people (still) have the nerve to ask me when I'm going to get married and settle down.

A few of my friends have had children only within the last couple of years, but before that I didn't have any friends or family members of my generation with children.

I think the competition thing exists no matter what age people are; in my experience it has more to do with the people than their ages. Then again, maybe I don't care much what others think of me, so I'm not one to notice it.

Anyway, my parents still drive me absolutely bonkers from time to time and did so again tonight. Deep down I think they don't always know how to communicate with me because I'm not married and don't feel a biological clock going off with regards to having babies. We live within driving distance of each other and it feels like they're breathing down my neck sometimes. I get along better with them when we are living thousands of miles away, not a double digit number of miles away from each other.

I was one of those teenagers who thought she was going to die a horribly tragic accidental death at 27 like Hendrix and Morrison, and so I never really gave much thought to what my life would be like as an adult. Weird, eh?

It's only within the last year or so that I've really truly felt grown up, more than I ever did before. Something deep in me has shifted -- I can't quite pinpoint it tonight, maybe I need time to think about how best to word it -- and I finally feel like okay, I want and need to be making some long-term goals and plans and get excited about them. I did too much physical and emotional drifting in my 20s and I've had enough with this coasting through life with seemingly no real inner direction.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 1, 2014 - 10:53 PM