The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

211 Pages V  « < 42 43 44 45 46 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
spot-on
post Dec 9 2010, 05:03 PM
Post #861

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi ladies
Ok day 2 post-op:
Yesterday I had my first post-op appt. The Dr took off the dressings, and I got to see them for the first time. Both my husband and I were shocked cos in the bra and in the hoodie top I was wearing they looked small, naked they look BIG! I know they haven't dropped into the pocket yet, pecs are holding on firmly to the implant, but wowser! Bit of a shock to see them for the first time! I think it was surprising to see that they look totally different nude to clothed, and I can see how in clothes they will look quite conservative if I want them to! not "in your face" like some implants kwim?

At the appt the surgeon also showed me the massages he wants me to do. Squeezing the bottom of the implant up towards the collarbone, hold for few seconds and slowly releasing. 3x on each breast 3x a day. Wow that hurt on the left one! But it's gotten better as I've been doing it and I will say that the discomfort is less. Not all Dr's do the massage but mine is a big lover of massaging them, he said research shows they drop into place quicker, look more natural, promote faster healing and less risks of complications. I'm following his directions to a T!

He also said I can walk around again smile.gif Last night I joined DH and the dogs for the evening walk, I was slower than usual (cos I am bloated to hell due to the meds) but I did the mile. That helped me sleep too! Walked again this morning and feeling much better.

Oh I also stopped taking the percocet as it was making me loopy, and nauseous! Dr said to just take ibruprofen so I switched to that, and honestly tomorrow I may not even bother with that.

TMI but I didn;t have a bowel movement tues or weds, but finally did this morning! Usually regular as clockwork so unusual for me. Hopefully now I am getting the meds out my system and back to eating, drinking and moving more I hope to lose that excess.

Any questions, just ask!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Dec 8 2010, 07:46 PM
Post #862

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey Allison
Well they cover you in blankets then strap your legs down it was all very comfortable. I've only ever had a couple of surgeries or proceedures and this was by far the most comfortable I'd felt in any of them.

I'll update tomorrow with a full recap of day 2

QUOTE(Allison-Shine @ Dec 8 2010, 11:23 AM) *
Wow, Spot-On, you are a brave soul ! Reading about you being strapped to the bed and being zonked gave me the chills ohmy.gif Your account of your experience was very informative and sobering at the same time about this procedure. I hope you are feeling better and got what you desired, I hope your new look turns out good and you stay in good health, the latter being way more important indeed.

+Quote Post
Allison-Shine
post Dec 8 2010, 02:23 PM
Post #863

Hardcore BUSTie

Wow, Spot-On, you are a brave soul ! Reading about you being strapped to the bed and being zonked gave me the chills ohmy.gif Your account of your experience was very informative and sobering at the same time about this procedure. I hope you are feeling better and got what you desired, I hope your new look turns out good and you stay in good health, the latter being way more important indeed.

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Dec 8 2010, 10:22 AM
Post #864

Hardcore BUSTie

thanks everyone for the good vibes!

Well here is the details so far:
I went in yesterday at 12.15, they took my blood pressure etc, giving me a check over before the surgery. Dr came in and marked me up. I gave him my pics of boobs I like, natural, natural, natural. Not TOO big, I want proportionate. I guess I was lucky as 3/4 of the pics were from his website of boobs he'd enhanced lol. He said he'd take a couple of sizers in and see what they looked like, I trust him to give me good boobs smile.gif Then the anesthesiologist came in to double check details, then the nurse was back for the IV. Then few minutes later kissed hubby bye and I was off to the OR. Laid on table, they strapped me to the bed, and the anesthesiologist said he was gonna give me something to relax in th IV. The room went a little blurry and... zonk...

Next thing it was 1 1/2 hours later and I am in the recover room. I felt some pressure on my chest and some pain on my sternum but nothing other than that. Though I was still pretty out of it with the drugs still in my system. I heard the nurse call my husband and he came over. He said "they don't look huge" cos he knew I didn't want bazooka boobs smile.gif Dr came in to check me over and I got to drink some ginger ale, then 30 mins later they took the IV out, unhooked me, I got dressed and we went home.

Pretty much the rest of the day was a breeze. I felt a little nausea on the ride home but got home had some crackers and juice and that passed. I was just REALLY hungry!!! Spent some time watching TV and stretching every hour (Dr recommends pec stretches). Boobs themselves are numbed with meds still from the op and I have percocet for the pain (every 4 hours) and antibiotics to take (3x day). Other than that feeling good. I was reading, watching tv, and online surfing the web in the evening. Dr called to check on me around 9.30pm smile.gif Took 2 pain pills and went to bed around 11pm.

Sleeping was tough, not gonna lie. Mostly that was because I am usually a side/front sleeper and I have to sleep elevated on cushions for a few days, on my back. I seemed to wake every hour or 2 just because I was uncomfortable sad.gif hopefully that gets better. But then I have nothing else to do whilst recovering so midday naps are an option wink.gif

Yesterday I was having a weird spacial awareness issue with my arms, Where I'd reach for something but my arm wouldn't behave. Put that ddown to the numbing meds cos that went away when the numbness wore off. Basically this morning I am back to normal smile.gif I feel good, just a little sore. Most of the pain right now is on my sternum and side of ribcage/bra line. Only having 1 pain pill it basically feels like the day after a tough chest workout. The stretching exercises help, just reaching arms behind my back and then overhead. Overhead hurts a little, but it's doable.

The Dr said he put in 350cc, which is a little more than the sizers I tried on at the pre-op but he said that going under the muscle takes a little off the projection, and that when he was "in there" the 350 gave me the look I was after comparing to the pics I bought it, whilst remainining within my breast width distance. I have a surgical bra on that I'm not allowed to remove yet, and so far the boobs are firm and feeling has returned as the numbing meds wore off, they are a little high, not square (if you've seen some post-op pics you'll know how they CAN look), they look like inflated versions of my previous boobs, or filled out version is probably more apt. As I head into recovery weeks they should 'drop' into the pocket and fill out a little more and soften up. Honestly they look better already even in their firm state. In clothes I look just like I did in the VS +2 sizes bra! So if you are looking for a comparrisson to get an idea those things are a good indication! Aside from the shape is a little different (VS bra tended to look like 2 torpedo's)

I have another appt today so the Dr can check on my surgery recovery then I should have another appt next week.

Will keep you all up to date! Feel free to ask questions I am going to be open and honest about it all cos I know that it's hard for us to get REAL information about these things! I wish I'd had someone to talk to throughout this so I want to be that person for you guys. Like Karategrrl said I'd rather be here as the voice of someone who has been a small bustie but opted out and be able to provid us with information that just disappear!

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Dec 8 2010, 07:41 AM
Post #865

Hardcore BUSTie

spot-on, thanks for sharing so much. I'm glad you are giving us updates instead of just opting to bow out of the group without explanation.

Sending good vibes!

+Quote Post
buttercups
post Dec 8 2010, 07:02 AM
Post #866

Hardcore BUSTie

***seconding those vibes***

I'll be thinking about you today spot-on!

Hope everyone else is doing well, I'm in the midst of finals so haven't been able to post much but I miss you guys!

+Quote Post
enfermera
post Dec 7 2010, 10:18 PM
Post #867

Hardcore BUSTie

~~~~~~surgery/recovery vibes for spot-on~~~~~~

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Dec 7 2010, 10:29 AM
Post #868

Hardcore BUSTie

Good morning everyone! Just letting you know I am in for surgery today. Came around quick huh? I know some of you are wanting an update so here is today's update.

Things have gone well the last week or so, the only doubts I've had are my thinking about overs vs unders, but I am sticking with my original decision of unders for ease of mammograms and less risk of complications. I have all my post op meds, and supplies (books, dvds, husband of work lol). Slept really well last night and honestly the only thing bothering me this morning is the fact that I cannot eat anything. It's weird but I have no nerves. I think that's possibly because I researched the Sh!t out of this and have been considering it so long that it just feels right for me now. Kinda like I've made my peace with the decision after many years back and forth with the whole deal.

Anyway, I have a couple of hours to go so final clean through the house, shower then off to surgery. Thanks for all your support with my decision to opt for surgery. I will let you know how it all went soon.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Dec 7 2010, 09:22 AM
Post #869

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(enfermera @ Dec 7 2010, 02:10 PM) *
So, this is partly just me sharing a funny link, but I thought it was nice to see pics of ladies with large-to-tiny-sized breasts as burlesque performers. I would say Miss Piggy, Count von Count, and Cookie Monster are all as small as I am, or maybe even smaller. Nothing graphic, but probably NSFW: Muppets Burlesque!

Very interesting muppet concept. Yes, I think burlesque is generally one of the more body-diversity types of entertainment. I SO want to do burlesque!

+Quote Post
enfermera
post Dec 7 2010, 09:10 AM
Post #870

Hardcore BUSTie

So, this is partly just me sharing a funny link, but I thought it was nice to see pics of ladies with large-to-tiny-sized breasts as burlesque performers. I would say Miss Piggy, Count von Count, and Cookie Monster are all as small as I am, or maybe even smaller. Nothing graphic, but probably NSFW: Muppets Burlesque!

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Dec 3 2010, 07:11 AM
Post #871

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(KeraBear @ Dec 3 2010, 02:38 AM) *
I am making this post because I am sitting at 99 and am wondering if this would push me over to Hardcore Bustie status. I've never been hardcore bustie before! LOL!

EDIT: YAY, it worked! smile.gif

You're too cute!
Welcome to the sisterhood. I knight thee Hardcore Bustie Extraordinaire. wink.gif

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post Dec 2 2010, 09:38 PM
Post #872

Hardcore BUSTie

I am making this post because I am sitting at 99 and am wondering if this would push me over to Hardcore Bustie status. I've never been hardcore bustie before! LOL!

EDIT: YAY, it worked! smile.gif

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post Dec 2 2010, 09:36 PM
Post #873

Hardcore BUSTie

I would suggest that BUST start a "boobie perv" thread, but it would probably attract the wrong kinds of people, ha ha!

+Quote Post
Allison-Shine
post Dec 1 2010, 01:54 PM
Post #874

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(strongirl @ Dec 1 2010, 06:36 AM) *
LOL, me too, Kera! There's nothing wrong with enjoying our bodies! wink.gif

I second that !

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Dec 1 2010, 09:04 AM
Post #875

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(nbdx0645 @ Dec 1 2010, 12:24 AM) *

I would have added Milla Jovovich and Lou Doillon to that list! they have small chests and just don't give a shit!!!

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Dec 1 2010, 08:59 AM
Post #876

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(strongirl @ Nov 30 2010, 03:12 PM) *
Experiment! (Goodwill is a great place to do this for cheap and you can just re-donate what you end up not lking.)

Sheeet yeah! This is one of my fave things!!!!! Treasure hunting!
And I'm also all for the alterations. I've not had good luck finding a tailor so I learned to do a lot of it myself. It's really not that hard, and inexpensive, get-the-job-done sewing machines are not hard to come by!!! I took a basic sewing class years back and learned all I needed to know. Or you can find any number of books in the library or have someone teach you.

and yeah, I admit it--I'm a boobie perv too! I'm kinda obsessed with them. Dont' know if I would be if I had bigger ones. I just have a fascination--I see bigger ones than mine and wonder what it's like to "wear" them.

+Quote Post
strongirl
post Dec 1 2010, 06:36 AM
Post #877

Hardcore BUSTie

LOL, me too, Kera! There's nothing wrong with enjoying our bodies! wink.gif

+Quote Post
wondermist
post Dec 1 2010, 12:58 AM
Post #878

BUSTie

Thank you all for the advice. I'll certainly look into alterations, though they seem a bit intimidating (such as pinning and pinching things). I'll have to research more on this.

I guess half the battle is mustering up the courage!

--------------------
Alack alack. Quack quack, said the duck.

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post Nov 30 2010, 09:18 PM
Post #879

Hardcore BUSTie

btw... I AM a booobie perv. I'll admit it. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post Nov 30 2010, 08:30 PM
Post #880

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(nbdx0645 @ Nov 30 2010, 07:24 PM) *
I agree with strongirl; well said!

Also, don't be shy to find a tailor that can make your evening dresses or business wear absolutely perfect for you. I do some easy alterations myself, like shortening tank top straps and pinch-and-pinning garments that are too large in the bust and waist. The best clothes are the ones you don't have to pull or tug into place. And don't feel bad about alterations -- the grand majority of women can't buy everything off the rack and have it fit perfectly.

I remember seeing this fashion article a while back. I really liked how the author caters the piece to different preferences. Some women want to maximize their bust, others want to conceal it, and others want to flaunt it.

Style advice

I really want to try the cashmere sweater look, but I think I'd also wear a bra that's 'meant to be seen' if I lean over a bit too far. Something like this.

Oh yes!! I have my mom alter things for me all the time. And had a few taylor made dresses too . For sure, don't feel bad about that!

Cool article. And major props to Strongirl, yes! So many different preferences around here. Plus isn't experimenting half the fun? wink.gif

Yea, nbdx. Lean over. Show dat off! wink.gif

+Quote Post

211 Pages V  « < 42 43 44 45 46 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 23, 2014 - 04:52 AM