Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 63 64 65 66 67 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
damona
post Sep 11 2008, 02:21 PM
Post #1281

can i go to bed now?

damselindistress, when my partners were treated my gyn wrote prescriptions for them as well as me.

dani, i tend to have issues with condoms (pain, rash, general misery), but i'm thinking that was from the spermicide on them, or the lube. we have some unlubed ones that we will try. and yes, the ickiness only comes back after sex with my hubby, but not my other partner. i had my tubes tied and the three of us are "multi-monogamous" so we do unprotected sex most of the time.

lori, i know that there are others who have it way worse than i do, but it was rather a shock to get it back full-blown after so long without it.

btw, i'm sure it didn't get rid of the underlying infection, but i treated it like a yeastie with yogurt, inside and outside, tons of water, no sugar, and raw garlic (i cut a clove into 3 pieces and swallowed it like pills!) and by the next day the smell, at least, was neutralized.

--------------------
"give me life, give me pain, give me myself again" - tori amos
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
damselindistress
post Sep 11 2008, 11:57 AM
Post #1282

BUSTie

Question for those of you who say your partner was treated too:

Does your man have to go to the doctor too, or did your GYN give them something? My guy's doctors said that there was no bacteria in his semen analysis and that BV doesn't get passed back and forth. Of course, he says he doesn't have to be treated and doesn't want to go back to the doctor. If my GYN could be convinced somehow to treat him, then it would be easy and maybe he'd comply....to humor me, of course.

QUOTE(mg86 @ Sep 10 2008, 11:43 PM) *
there is hope!

Hi everyone

I have not posted here for awhile, but I have returned with good news. Just as a recap: I went to the doctor about 2 months ago for the first time in a year. I was not sexually active at the time. The doctor prescribed me Flagyl (again, ugh), for 10 days, plus Clindesse. I told him I had not been sexually active in over 6 months, and he said that the bacteria can hang around for that long. So, I went ahead with the treatment. I was skeptical.

I obsessed about every little itch, tickle, or hint of odor for several weeks. I sporadically took FemD. I was constantly checking my discharge and checking for odor. I was pretty sure it was gone, but not positive. Then, about 2 weeks ago, I had sex with someone. I was terrified, but just went with it. There was NO odor, NO weird discharge...and he even gave me oral and everything. I could not BELIEVE it!

I still have been obsessively monitoring and checking myself, but I am 90% confident that my BV problem is GONE. It is such a great feeling.

Like you all, I felt like I tried everything. I thought my problem would never go away. But my experience has revealed to me that my (at the time) sexual partner was the root of the problem. Even after I completed treatment and we had sex, the bacteria were still "hanging on" to him. The doctor only treated him once. IMO, they don't put enough emphasis on the fact that your partner NEEDS to be treated. If you have sex with your partner when you are BV free, there is a chance the lovely gardenella are clinging to him for dear life.

This may or may not help anyone out, but I wanted to share my experience. I wish you all the best of luck and you can be sure I'll return if I run into any problems, Thanks, you all have been so supportive.

+Quote Post
dani1983
post Sep 10 2008, 11:52 PM
Post #1283

BUSTie

QUOTE(mg86 @ Sep 10 2008, 11:43 PM) *
there is hope!
Like you all, I felt like I tried everything. I thought my problem would never go away. But my experience has revealed to me that my (at the time) sexual partner was the root of the problem. Even after I completed treatment and we had sex, the bacteria were still "hanging on" to him. The doctor only treated him once. IMO, they don't put enough emphasis on the fact that your partner NEEDS to be treated. If you have sex with your partner when you are BV free, there is a chance the lovely gardenella are clinging to him for dear life.

This may or may not help anyone out, but I wanted to share my experience. I wish you all the best of luck and you can be sure I'll return if I run into any problems, Thanks, you all have been so supportive.

Oh congratulations girl! im so happy for you! I kno I started getting thr BV symptoms when I started having sex qith my ex bf.... We broke up like 4 months ago, and 2 treatments with flagyl afterwards, i still have it! so treating the partner too is not always the solution....i think my problem is a mental one

+Quote Post
mg86
post Sep 10 2008, 10:43 PM
Post #1284

BUSTie

there is hope!

Hi everyone

I have not posted here for awhile, but I have returned with good news. Just as a recap: I went to the doctor about 2 months ago for the first time in a year. I was not sexually active at the time. The doctor prescribed me Flagyl (again, ugh), for 10 days, plus Clindesse. I told him I had not been sexually active in over 6 months, and he said that the bacteria can hang around for that long. So, I went ahead with the treatment. I was skeptical.

I obsessed about every little itch, tickle, or hint of odor for several weeks. I sporadically took FemD. I was constantly checking my discharge and checking for odor. I was pretty sure it was gone, but not positive. Then, about 2 weeks ago, I had sex with someone. I was terrified, but just went with it. There was NO odor, NO weird discharge...and he even gave me oral and everything. I could not BELIEVE it!

I still have been obsessively monitoring and checking myself, but I am 90% confident that my BV problem is GONE. It is such a great feeling.

+Quote Post
LisaL79
post Sep 10 2008, 01:36 PM
Post #1285

Hello everyone! New here and I must say, I'm so glad I found this.
I was googling BV and natural ways to try to treat it and came upon this thread.
I hate saying it, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who suffers this.
You just can't help but feel so alone when you have to constantly worry about if other people can smell you or not. So yeah, even though it's weird to say, it's nice to see that there are other women out there going through the same thing.
I've been suffering BV for about hmm..8 years now (I'll be 29 on Sept 20th) & nothing has worked for me so far.
My main problem is the smell. The god-awful, run for the hills, mostly fishy, sometimes ammonia smell.
I hate it and it's embarassing as hell to have it.
The smell will actually go away for 2 days after my period, but then comes back full force.

Right now I'm trying Garlique. Read that garlic can help, so yeah.. I'll try almost anything.

Anywho, that's my intro! lol.... There are a ton of pages in this thread, and I still have alot more reading to do... so.. yeah. Hope to post often and get to know everyone better smile.gif

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Sep 9 2008, 10:46 AM
Post #1286

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(dani1983 @ Sep 8 2008, 09:51 PM) *
hey sooo sad!! thanks for your kind words wink.gif the problem with me is that i have never had any itching whatsoever in my hoohah, and I had a weird smell before, but that smell stopped when i took flagyl for the first time(this was like in june). Now I only get a discharge, and its not a lot though, but its still discharge. its yellowish but no smell. none at all. so that's why i was wondering if i still had BV or maybe it's something else.
I wanted to ask the Busties, if I should still keep taking two capsules of fem-d per day or if i should reduce it to only one per day??? what do you girls think? ( i still have the yellowish discharge but not that much, and no smell)

hey hon

it's not normal to have yellow discharge, if i were you, i would get it check out to see if it is bv, yeast, etc. and tell the doctor that you want a test to be done for confirmation, like the affirm test that test for bv, yeast, and trich with one swab. tell the dr that just by looking will not do, i was diagnosed with yeast for about 4 months straight and when she decided to do the affirm test it came out to be bv......lol. i would also still take femd 2 per day, until everything is resolved, my advice.

hope this helps!!!

sooo sad

+Quote Post
dani1983
post Sep 8 2008, 08:51 PM
Post #1287

BUSTie

QUOTE(sooo sad @ Sep 7 2008, 04:07 PM) *
dani1983

that's the same thing that happens to me when i'm finished with flagyl.....i still have discharge. i did like a total of 4-5 treatments of flagyl and out of them 2 treatments were with femd. the bv would go away with confirmation of a affirm test at the dr's office but the discharge was always there. it's less with femd though. then after about 2 weeks, the bv would come back cause the discharge is a little different and the itch and burning was there too. it's frustrating!!!! i also did 20 days of metrogel and it came right back too. right now i'm thinking to do boric acid after i finish another round of antibiotics....lol!!! this time i was put on cefadroxil for 14 days. i feel you hon. this damn shit makes me so depressed and less of a woman. i don't know if it will work, but we will see.

hey sooo sad!! thanks for your kind words wink.gif the problem with me is that i have never had any itching whatsoever in my hoohah, and I had a weird smell before, but that smell stopped when i took flagyl for the first time(this was like in june). Now I only get a discharge, and its not a lot though, but its still discharge. its yellowish but no smell. none at all. so that's why i was wondering if i still had BV or maybe it's something else.
I wanted to ask the Busties, if I should still keep taking two capsules of fem-d per day or if i should reduce it to only one per day??? what do you girls think? ( i still have the yellowish discharge but not that much, and no smell)

+Quote Post
LoveLife
post Sep 8 2008, 03:28 PM
Post #1288

BUSTie

hey ladies... haven't been here in a while. but it's baaack. and stiiiinky. i think cuz i had sex with my ex that i had gotten this from originally. not gonna do that again! ugh. sad.gif

anyhoo, last time i said that the femdo and oregano oil worked for me. i'm trying to do that again, but also drinking some grapefruit seed extract as opposed to the oregano oil sometimes. I try to take 15 drops in water 3x day. and i've only been taking the femdo for 3 days. anyway. i'm also going to try this douche that was recommended to me called ProSeed Feminine Rinse. It looks promising. Look it up, I'll let you know how it works. My question though, does anyone know how often I should do it? twice a week? once a day? I want to make sure I'm using it right. Plus i'm only gonna use bottled water for it. i don't trust the tap. it tastes gross, so why would i want that in my hoohoo? any help with the douche would be greatly appreciated. Thank youuu! And good luck to you all too. this shit sucks.

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Sep 7 2008, 03:07 PM
Post #1289

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(dani1983 @ Sep 7 2008, 03:47 AM) *
damona, do you get the smell back when you have sex with your hubby....with a condom?? have u tried that??

So regarding my case....tomorrow is my last day on flagyl...and i still have the discharge! not as much as before(it wsnt that much anyways) but its still yellowish in color. Still no smell WHATSOEVER, and it still doesnt itch or anything.... its making me wonder if it is really BV.... I'm still taking fem-d....i hope it starts working soon, before i have to make another appt to go see the doctor.... damnit :-(

dani1983

that's the same thing that happens to me when i'm finished with flagyl.....i still have discharge. i did like a total of 4-5 treatments of flagyl and out of them 2 treatments were with femd. the bv would go away with confirmation of a affirm test at the dr's office but the discharge was always there. it's less with femd though. then after about 2 weeks, the bv would come back cause the discharge is a little different and the itch and burning was there too. it's frustrating!!!! i also did 20 days of metrogel and it came right back too. right now i'm thinking to do boric acid after i finish another round of antibiotics....lol!!! this time i was put on cefadroxil for 14 days. i feel you hon. this damn shit makes me so depressed and less of a woman. i don't know if it will work, but we will see.

+Quote Post
dani1983
post Sep 7 2008, 02:47 AM
Post #1290

BUSTie

damona, do you get the smell back when you have sex with your hubby....with a condom?? have u tried that??

So regarding my case....tomorrow is my last day on flagyl...and i still have the discharge! not as much as before(it wsnt that much anyways) but its still yellowish in color. Still no smell WHATSOEVER, and it still doesnt itch or anything.... its making me wonder if it is really BV.... I'm still taking fem-d....i hope it starts working soon, before i have to make another appt to go see the doctor.... damnit :-(

+Quote Post
lori
post Sep 5 2008, 11:06 AM
Post #1291

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(damona @ Sep 5 2008, 12:43 AM) *
and so, i'm back.... *sigh*

i've had this little issue on and off since i was 16, i thought it was just me until a couple years ago. the dr caught it, finally, and put me on a course of metronidazole. it went away, came back... this time the dr gave it to me and both my steady partners. it went away for a looong time, like a couple years, with a hint of it now and then, especially after sex w/ my hubby. i used a bit of tea tree oil on a tampon, and/or a soak in the tub with tea tree oil bath salts, and it wasn't really an issue. fast forward to last night... sex with hubby... this morning... wow! the smell is off the charts. i know, i know, it's my body and all that, but i am just grossed out. i tried tea tree oil and it did nothing. NOW WHAT????? i feel like i don't want to go out in public b/c everyone is gonna smell that and know it's me. i hate this!!!

Baths are not a good idea, according to The V Book (see info. in my blog). It kind of sucks that we can't enjoy a good soak in a bath, but Dr. Stewart says you should take them sparingly, not often, because the water washes away your vagina's natural defenses, like douching does. So you may have triggered this episode by bathing.

She also says tea tree oil doesn't do anything for BV. In my opinion, it's a "deodorant" solution, at best. So the fact that you put some tea tree oil in your bath didn't help you.

Since metronidazole (flagyl) worked for you in the past, take that again. Take them with your partner, if he's willing. And I'd suggest that you also take fem-dophilus during and after.

Flagyl worked for you in the past, and kept it away for a couple of years. I think that means you're actually in pretty good shape, compared to some of the other ladies in here. Not to trivialize your problem - you should be happy. But if you want this to go away, and stay away, I think getting things back in balance should be your priority. Good luck!

--------------------

+Quote Post
damona
post Sep 5 2008, 02:43 AM
Post #1292

can i go to bed now?

and so, i'm back.... *sigh*

i've had this little issue on and off since i was 16, i thought it was just me until a couple years ago. the dr caught it, finally, and put me on a course of metronidazole. it went away, came back... this time the dr gave it to me and both my steady partners. it went away for a looong time, like a couple years, with a hint of it now and then, especially after sex w/ my hubby. i used a bit of tea tree oil on a tampon, and/or a soak in the tub with tea tree oil bath salts, and it wasn't really an issue. fast forward to last night... sex with hubby... this morning... wow! the smell is off the charts. i know, i know, it's my body and all that, but i am just grossed out. i tried tea tree oil and it did nothing. NOW WHAT????? i feel like i don't want to go out in public b/c everyone is gonna smell that and know it's me. i hate this!!!

--------------------
"give me life, give me pain, give me myself again" - tori amos

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Sep 4 2008, 09:14 AM
Post #1293

Hardcore BUSTie

sassy or anybody that has used or is using boric acid

hi hon..........
i was wondering how can you have sex with your husband while on boric acid? does it burn you or him? how would the routine be? do you use condoms? i'm sooo confused. i tried to look on the internet but i can't find any answers.

thanks in advance

sooo sad

+Quote Post
Honeymelon
post Sep 4 2008, 12:33 AM
Post #1294

QUOTE(catwalk @ Sep 2 2008, 10:34 PM) *
Has anyone tried Dong Quai? It's supposed to be good for a whole bunch of stuff.....

"the main part of the root is a tonic, and the end of the root eliminates blood stagnation. it is considered the "female ginseng" because of its balancing effect on the female hormonal system"

I've added it to my 'cup of pills' I take now, which includes:
1g Flax seed oil
1g Omega 3-6-9
1g Primrose Oil
500mg Echinacea
500mg Dong Quai
400mg Vitex
Vit B50 complex (turns my pee BRIGHT yellow, lol)
Cranberry extract (cuz i hate cranberry juice)
3 pills of Lactobacillus Acidophilus & Bifidus

I'm doing pretty well, but still have discharge 'fall' out of me when I go to the bathroom... like a LOT. But at least no smell & not much discharge at all (even when standing!) so I'm happy. Still looking for a better treatment.....

yes, actually, my aunt who used to live in the middle east has Dong Quai tea i believe which is for like female probs especially on that time of the month, and i drank it when i had cramps and it did help, but tasted not the best... you take quite a handful of items! as much as i hope this works for you, maybe one or two of these work more than the others? Hey and while i'm making suggestions, something that will help withyour discharge and odor is inserting plain yogurt into your vajayjay(another helpful hint from my aunt). this will neutralize it. (you'll have some gross stuff fall out for a few hours until all the bad stuff is gone, so do this at night). and although shouldn't do this everyday, it helps as a *clean?* start for lets say acidopholus and dong quai or whatever you want to take?
hope this helps! good luck!

+Quote Post
Honeymelon
post Sep 4 2008, 12:22 AM
Post #1295

QUOTE(dani1983 @ Sep 3 2008, 11:51 PM) *
Definitely a sign that you have to change doctor! If you have ovarian cysts, wouldn't they be able to diagnose them through an x ray? ask them for one of those! or even better, a catscan

I'm on my 3rd day of flagyl and today i had some drinks... no abdominal pain but i'm soooo freaking nauseous right now :'(

oh i've had xrays, ctscans, and sonograms and they never found anything. so yeah, i'm thinking it's probably not my ovaries that are causing trouble although it could have been to small to see...
aww, sorry about your nausea, i'm glad i'm not on flagyl right now cuz i'm planning to have a few this weekend! wink.gif
thank you guys so much for your responses, i feel so loved!! wub.gif

+Quote Post
dani1983
post Sep 3 2008, 11:51 PM
Post #1296

BUSTie

QUOTE(Honeymelon @ Sep 3 2008, 02:18 PM) *
OOO good point! thanks for mentioning this. i did ask for oral medicine last time i was at the gyno and she told me it didn't exist. yea right.

Definitely a sign that you have to change doctor! If you have ovarian cysts, wouldn't they be able to diagnose them through an x ray? ask them for one of those! or even better, a catscan

I'm on my 3rd day of flagyl and today i had some drinks... no abdominal pain but i'm soooo freaking nauseous right now :'(

+Quote Post
Honeymelon
post Sep 3 2008, 01:18 PM
Post #1297

QUOTE(lori @ Sep 3 2008, 01:02 AM) *
Hi Honeymelon:

It sounds like you have some kind of inflammation. Untreated BV can cause cervicitis (inflammation of the cervix) and that might explain why a pap smear is so painful. And the metrogel might have caused a yeast infection, which might explain the itching.

If you're inflamed, I would not suggest inserting boric acid, which could make things worse.

My suggestion is that you see another doctor. I know you don't want to, but I'll tell you right now that there is probably nothing over-the-counter that's going to fix this permanently. Instead of metrogel, maybe you can ask the doctor to prescribe you oral flagyl (same medication in pill form), and have him monitor your inflammation.

OOO good point! thanks for mentioning this. i did ask for oral medicine last time i was at the gyno and she told me it didn't exist. yea right. anyway, i've been told i could have endometriosis or ovarian cysts but you know it could be cervicitis that's causing my pain and this has been going on for like 5 years so this could be bad.....
thank you lori!

+Quote Post
Honeymelon
post Sep 3 2008, 01:13 PM
Post #1298

QUOTE(neverending @ Sep 2 2008, 03:54 PM) *
Hey,
Give the femdophilious(sp?) time. With anything it takes time to see whether or not it's going to work. Oh, BORIC ACID SHOULD NEVER BE SWALLOWED! NEVER EVER PERIOD! It should go up the Vajayjay. Also, douching should not be done everyday. You may be pushing bacteria where it does not belong which may lead to PID. You know, I got so use to pap smears that no lube does not bother me but then again I have a high tolerance for pain. Next time let them know before starting that you would like lube to be used. Don't be afraid to speak up! Hope this helps! Oh, welcome to the board! Glad your here. This is the best board on the net and it's filled with lots of valuable info!

Thank you so much for the feedback. when i went the last time to the gyno i did tell them and apparently to take an STI test you can't use lube or it won't work. and i'll make sure to not swallow the Boric acid. I can't find it right now anyway....

+Quote Post
lori
post Sep 3 2008, 01:02 AM
Post #1299

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Honeymelon @ Sep 2 2008, 01:33 PM) *
So i'm new here, so hello everybody. Ive had BV for like 2 years now, and i'm partly glad i'm not the only one with this problem and saddend that others have to go thru this. But anyway, ive tried probly everything to make this go away. I will NOT go to the gyno anymore because the three times i went were absolute HELL. I have never experienced so much pain. to get a pap with no lube is not right. i couldn't even scream it hurt so bad. anyway, so the doc gave me something i think it was metro-something and it made me itch so bad and then did nothing to help. So i searched and searched for at home ways to cure this and the only thing that helps me a little is douching with hydrogen peroxide. i know it's probably the worst thing possible, but it works, that and inserting yogurt. but the problem is that they only work for a day, and i doubt it's healthy to do this everyday. So i bought femdopholus and it hasn't done anything on its own, so my question is how do i take it and would it help to also take boric acid, and how do you take it? do you insert it you know where or swallow it, and would it work like in douche form??
help!
Thanks!!

Hi Honeymelon:

It sounds like you have some kind of inflammation. Untreated BV can cause cervicitis (inflammation of the cervix) and that might explain why a pap smear is so painful. And the metrogel might have caused a yeast infection, which might explain the itching.

If you're inflamed, I would not suggest inserting boric acid, which could make things worse.

My suggestion is that you see another doctor. I know you don't want to, but I'll tell you right now that there is probably nothing over-the-counter that's going to fix this permanently. Instead of metrogel, maybe you can ask the doctor to prescribe you oral flagyl (same medication in pill form), and have him monitor your inflammation.

--------------------

+Quote Post
catwalk
post Sep 2 2008, 10:34 PM
Post #1300

BUSTie

Has anyone tried Dong Quai? It's supposed to be good for a whole bunch of stuff.....

"the main part of the root is a tonic, and the end of the root eliminates blood stagnation. it is considered the "female ginseng" because of its balancing effect on the female hormonal system"

I've added it to my 'cup of pills' I take now, which includes:
1g Flax seed oil
1g Omega 3-6-9
1g Primrose Oil
500mg Echinacea
500mg Dong Quai
400mg Vitex
Vit B50 complex (turns my pee BRIGHT yellow, lol)
Cranberry extract (cuz i hate cranberry juice)
3 pills of Lactobacillus Acidophilus & Bifidus

I'm doing pretty well, but still have discharge 'fall' out of me when I go to the bathroom... like a LOT. But at least no smell & not much discharge at all (even when standing!) so I'm happy. Still looking for a better treatment.....

--------------------
Thanks everyone on Bust Lounge!!! Fem-D changed my life! BV be gone! Try from Iherb (cheapest) with code LAZ615 & save another $5! :D

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 63 64 65 66 67 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 24, 2014 - 06:36 AM