Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 187 188 189 190 191 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
jewelscando
post May 12 2007, 10:39 PM
Post #3761

Hardcore BUSTie

MORPHIA, Sorry if you took it the wrong way. You have to understand that, you keep ASKING QUESTIONS, over and over and over again, and WE ARE ONLY TRYING TO HELP, but everytime we say something, you HAVE AN OPPOSITE ANSWER for it.

So....all I was saying is, stop asking. We've given you our answer. OBVIOUSLY, we are wrong, therefore, let your doctor tell you what it is. We say it's yeast. NO MATTER HOW YOU FRASE YOUR QUESTION, IT WILL STILL BE YEAST TO US.

I don't know what to tell you. Because you aren't open to any of our suggestions. There is no, HOLYIER then Though attitude. Trust me, My kitty smells like fish, there's no holiness about it!!! wink.gif

AND WTF, why are you jumping down my ass. I made one statement...just backing up Lori.

WOW, THIS BOARD IS GETTING STRESSFULL!!

NEVERENDING!! GREAT TO SEE YOU!! I MISS YOU!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 12 2007, 10:31 PM
Post #3762

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 12 2007, 09:56 PM) *
Lori is right. We are NOT PROFESSIONALS HERE. Although we are becoming experts in the B.V. world, we all still have not come up with a 100% cure, or a 100% reason why.

Morphia. Lori is right. Flagyl OR ANY antibiotic for that matter, CAUSES YEAST. You will get you answer when you go back in and the doctors says it's yeast. Everything you are saying is the signs and symptoms of that. ALL OF US HAVE HAD B.V. and YEAST at the exact same time. However, Monistat DOES NOT cure B.V., therefore, that is why you have to treat the B.V. with antibiotics, and you can use over the counter for the Yeast.

Either way, Lori is right. You are not wanting to listen, which you shouldn't. We aren't your doctor. But stop asking questions, if you don't like the answers.

Wtf? Jewels I really respect you, but you can be way too harsh sometimes. This is supposed to be a place of support. I should never hear, "Stop asking questions if you don't like the answers." I AM listening. You're just not listening to me. I don't know how many times I have to tell you guys that this is my body and I know it. I know what yeast feels like for ME and I know what bv feels like for ME. I know what it feels like to have BOTH at the same time. And this feels like BV. When I went in last time (to the doctor) after the Clindesse you guys kept telling me it was yeast and guess what, It wasn't! I've never had text book symptoms for pretty much any illness I've ever had in my life besides strep throat. When I had VIN it presented itself like herpes. I've always been very hard to diagnose and am extremely unlucky in that respect. If I didn't get a yeast infection when I was on the Clindesse then I certainly don't have a yeast infection on the flagyl, since it spares more lactobacilli than the Clindamycin does. Then there's the fact that I'm already on Diflucan as a preventative. I've also said more than three times on here that my bv presents with yeast like symptoms which is exactly why I and my doctors thought I was having recurring yeast infections for over a year until I finally got a test. I should be able to come here and ask questions without being attacked and told not to ask questions. Its the only place I have to go. I figured you guys would be more understanding. But all I'm getting is this "holier than thou attitude". That's no way to treat someone who comes here for your support. I don't want to have to leave this board. But I don't want to be denigrated either. At this point I'm pretty torn, because this is my sanctuary right now. Thanks for making me feel like a stupid piece of shit and like I don't know my own body. I honestly don't mean to come off as a bitch right now but honestly, your comment hurt me.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 12 2007, 08:39 PM
Post #3763

Hardcore BUSTie

Lori is right. We are NOT PROFESSIONALS HERE. Although we are becoming experts in the B.V. world, we all still have not come up with a 100% cure, or a 100% reason why.

Morphia. Lori is right. Flagyl OR ANY antibiotic for that matter, CAUSES YEAST. You will get you answer when you go back in and the doctors says it's yeast. Everything you are saying is the signs and symptoms of that. ALL OF US HAVE HAD B.V. and YEAST at the exact same time. However, Monistat DOES NOT cure B.V., therefore, that is why you have to treat the B.V. with antibiotics, and you can use over the counter for the Yeast.

Either way, Lori is right. You are not wanting to listen, which you shouldn't. We aren't your doctor. But stop asking questions, if you don't like the answers.

+Quote Post
lori
post May 12 2007, 07:15 PM
Post #3764

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 12 2007, 06:03 PM) *
I've done enough research on yeast that I don't need to ask questions here about that.

If you've done yeast research, you would know that antibiotics can also cause yeast infections. So if you've been taking flagyl, it's possible you've got yeast now, even though you didn't before.

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 12 2007, 06:03 PM) *
There is no need to get virulent here. I haven't asked for any suggestions other than what antibiotic should I take next.

No, that's not true. In any case - Metronidazole (aka Flagyl) & Clindamycin. That's it for treating BV.

If you want something else, you should ask your doctor.

I know BV is discouraging to everyone here. (I really, really KNOW.) But I think you have a more defeatist attitude than most. Like saying, "I know the flagyl is NOT going to work ..." even before you started taking it. You are under the care of a doctor, at least - some ladies here don't even have that.

Yes, it is your body. And you have a doctor. There is no one here who's going to be able to diagnose and cure you because we are not your gyno doctor looking between your legs. And since you have another appointment next week, just ask him/her about the burning and the thick white discharge.

But when you say "burning and the thick white discharge ..." 50 times a day, all anyone can tell you is "yeast" and "monistat." We already know you have BV, because you told us so (and we believe you!) and you're taking flagyl for that. So there's nothing else to do.

So to sum up:

- you may have yeast; try monistat (but you refuse, and it's probably too late, since you shouldn't use it too closely before a gyno appointment)
- if flagyl doesn't work, try clindamycin (but you can't)
- probiotics (but they don't work for you either)

There. That's it. You can keep asking, but there's not much more to say. Every suggestion you've been given - you either refuse or can't use. Well, there's only so much a message board can do. You can't squeeze blood from a stone.

So there's nothing left for you to do now, but just wait for your next gyno appointment.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post May 12 2007, 06:54 PM
Post #3765

BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 12 2007, 08:03 PM) *
Exactly! I'm going to experience bv differently than everyone else. And obviously I am. I'm also not the only one that experiences burning as a symptom. If you go back and read some of the recent posts you'll see that. I've had burning with my bv since day one and I did not have yeast at the time. There is no need to get virulent here. I haven't asked for any suggestions other than what antibiotic should I take next. I've done enough research on yeast that I don't need to ask questions here about that.

Hello Morphia, smile.gif

I hope you find relief because I know and all of us know how frustrated you are. Get better sweetie..We are here for you

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 12 2007, 06:46 PM
Post #3766

Hardcore BUSTie

its your body

Exactly! I'm going to experience bv differently than everyone else. And obviously I am. I'm also not the only one that experiences burning as a symptom. If you go back and read some of the recent posts you'll see that. I've had burning with my bv since day one and I did not have yeast at the time. There is no need to get virulent here. I haven't asked for any suggestions other than what antibiotic should I take next. I've done enough research on yeast that I don't need to ask questions here about that.

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post May 12 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #3767

BUSTie

QUOTE(paige @ May 12 2007, 03:42 PM) *
Hello everyone i did the the flagyl orally and vaginally no smell. rolleyes.gif

Hello, Paige

I may try doing it that way when needed and or if my current product stops working for me.. I just have to do a trial and error with how much and how long to use it.

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
lori
post May 12 2007, 06:34 PM
Post #3768

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 12 2007, 05:13 PM) *
I just don't understand why you're arguing with me about this. When I was first diagnosed with bv it looked so much like yeast that's what the doctor thought I had. It was thick, white, and pasty. And the reason I refuse to treat myself for yeast is because that's just flat out dangerous to do without confirmation from a doctor. Studies are starting to show that its because of self diagnosis and self treatment that we have these resistant strains of Candida Glabrata and Tropicalis out there. The OTC meds are more dangerous than they are good.

I'm not arguing with you about anything. I said - "No one said you didn't also have BV." This is a statement of fact, NOT AN ARGUMENT.

Anyway, the reason "self diagnosis and self treatment" is bad is because women are self-treating and NOT going to the doctor and delaying proper treatment. You are going to see a doctor, and you said s/he even gave you Diflucan! So treating yourself with an OTC yeast treatment shouldn't be dangerous for you at all.

Me, and other ladies in here have repeatedly suggested you may have yeast, based on the fact that you have BURNING and THICK discharge. It's a very reasonable and sound conclusion. You refuse to believe us, which is fine. It's your body. But all anyone here can do is just tell you what they think and give you suggestions.

If you refuse all suggestions, there's really no point is continuing to ask for them, is there?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 12 2007, 05:56 PM
Post #3769

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lori @ May 12 2007, 04:29 PM) *
No one said you didn't also have BV.

I just don't understand why you're arguing with me about this. When I was first diagnosed with bv it looked so much like yeast that's what the doctor thought I had. It was thick, white, and pasty. And the reason I refuse to treat myself for yeast is because that's just flat out dangerous to do without confirmation from a doctor. Studies are starting to show that its because of self diagnosis and self treatment that we have these resistant strains of Candida Glabrata and Tropicalis out there. The OTC meds are more dangerous than they are good.

+Quote Post
neverending
post May 12 2007, 05:00 PM
Post #3770

Hardcore BUSTie

ILOVEHIM: Have you ever noticed the watery discharge before? I had the exact same thing happen to me and I fixed my problem with Estroil. I'm not the only person cured from this horrible discharge. Pianogirl also fixed this problem with estroil too. You might want to try it.

+Quote Post
lori
post May 12 2007, 03:12 PM
Post #3771

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 12 2007, 11:07 AM) *
Trust me. The bv is still there. I have a mixture of both thick and thin discharge.

No one said you didn't also have BV.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post May 12 2007, 02:40 PM
Post #3772

BUSTie

i'm feeling soooo much better on Zoloft. I'm no longer constantly worring about my smell. Finally, i'm not paranoid about being stinky! It might not be the cure to the problem but it sure takes away alot of stress so I can finally be myself again! =)

I'm still taking the flagyl orally twice a day. I noticed yesterday that when I first stand up in the morning, I have a gush of watery discharge expell from my pussy. What is this? is it because of the antibiotics? I don't remeber that happening before.

--------------------
[font="Garamond"][/font][size="2"][/size]&hearts; Yours Truly...

+Quote Post
paige
post May 12 2007, 02:25 PM
Post #3773

BUSTie

Hello everyone i did the the flagyl orally and vaginally no smell. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
neverending
post May 12 2007, 01:24 PM
Post #3774

Hardcore BUSTie

Sounds like you have BV hun. A doctor should tell you for sure if you have it or not.

Hey jewelscando! Everything is fine on my end.

+Quote Post
Jupe
post May 12 2007, 01:00 PM
Post #3775

ok, it won't let me start a new thread so I guess I have to ask here- this is such a long story so I guess I'll just keep it short. I have a YI- I just finished my Period yesterday so I decided to check myself out down there in the mirror... when I laid down on my back and spread my lips apart- I noticed a "fishy" odor- very slight- so I started panicking- is it from the end of my period or is it BV? I know blood gets a fishy odor. I stuck my finger up there and smelled- no odor- I looked in the mirror and the "discharge" that is coating the opening does appear a little grayish- as would BV- but when i put it on my finger- it has the consistancy of paste- I guess- like yeast- here's the thing- I am currently on terazol 7 so I don't know if the cream is the "grayish" or not. When i had BV 12 years ago it was fishy- after sex and I also remember it would smell fishy on the washrag when I was soaping up (PH in the soap?) anyway I always wear tampons but because of the YI I had to wear a pad- So I don't know if I smell a little fishy after my period because I never let it bleed out- you know? AND I never lay on my back and spread 'em after my period- this is messing with my head because I am not a very patient person- and I have to wait until I finish the cream completely- then if this still isn't gone- back to the doc- that's at least a week away! this has been going on for a month! I douched and everything went horribly wrong from there! I did the monistat ovule, a diflucan, a 3 day cream, 2 more diflucan's now terazol. I should mention the itching went away AWHILE ago and all that's left is an internal "burn" which now I don't know if it's from the Terazol, the yeast or BV???? oh and by the way- those of you with recurring infections- I had that problem 12 years ago- first I had BV- then a SCREAMING yeast infection once a month- Every dr said "Men don't get them" BULLSHIT! finally after 9 months of pure hell, swollen,itchy vag- a DR prescribed my boyfriend some pills and poof! all was better... funny- I should have sued them all for 9 months of torture! nowadays you can do that....

+Quote Post
Jupe
post May 12 2007, 12:44 PM
Post #3776

Morphia,
question- not to be gross but the discharge in your undies- did you smell it? is it fishy? I ask this because I have a loooooonnnnngggg story and I'm all confused- should I start a new post???

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 12 2007, 11:50 AM
Post #3777

Hardcore BUSTie

Trust me. The bv is still there. I have a mixture of both thick and thin discharge. The thick stuff sticks to the walls and my body produces a thin watery discharge as well. I woke up this morning to some in my undies. White and thin. I think I'm going to try the metrogel next, then the tindamax, then the cleocin. I will never use Clindamycin again. That's stuff is evil. Any other antibiotic suggestions?

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 12 2007, 01:00 AM
Post #3778

Hardcore BUSTie

And MOST OF ALL, getting Monistat, WON'T HURT!! It could only help!! Plus, you can get the generic brand which works the exact same!! I agree, it's worth a try!!

+Quote Post
lori
post May 11 2007, 11:37 PM
Post #3779

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Aggravated @ May 11 2007, 09:15 PM) *
The first time I was diagnosed with BV, I was prescribed Metrogel and it worked...for about 4 months or so. When the BV returned, I tried the Metrogel again...and again...and again...it didn't go away. I then tried Metronidazol orally (the generic form of Flagyl). I was given the prescription with 3 refills. I took the first and refilled it immediately and took a second round...nothing. I've had constant BV for over a year now. I even tried the oral Metronidazol vaginally, but didn't have much luck with that for more than a day or two. I've been doing HP washes to keep it in check, but I'm going back to the doctor on the 16th...I'm hoping she'll give me something else to try. So, you are not the only one, but I have never had burning due to the BV...I hope you find some relief for that soon!

You should ask for clindamycin, oral.

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 11 2007, 09:50 PM) *
This is where I differ. I kept getting visual diagnoses of yeast (which was wrong) until a doctor finally had the sense to test me and found out that it was bv.

Then did you get treatment when you thought it was yeast?

Every google search I've ever done says thick discharge is typically yeast, and thin discharge is typically BV. It's also possible to have concurrent infections. So I just don't see why you can't just get yourself some monistat and see if it helps - since you're already being treated for BV as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 11 2007, 11:05 PM
Post #3780

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sassy @ May 11 2007, 11:21 AM) *
Jewels...a few questions, and I'm sorry if you've answered these before. How long did you wait from the flagyl before having sex? I really don't want a yeast infection. And you only use one pill? How long before trying another one if the first pill doesn't work? Finally, where did you order yours? I don't really want to call my gyno. Thanks! I'm glad you are doing so well. I hope this helps. I've kept using the boric, which keeps things smelling nice, but I have to use it all the time. I would like something that lasts longer so I hope this does it. I would also like to try the estoroil but I know a couple of girls on here tried it and it didn't help at all. I'm hesitant about spending more money right now. sad.gif

Sassy, Here is what I did the first time. Inserted 1 500mg at night. Inserted a second one the next night, had sex the third night, inserted another one the following night, AND MY VAGINA ALMOST STARTED ON FIRE!!!!!! So, here is what I suggest you do, because it's what I did. I inserted 1 500 mg first night, then another one the second night. Then left it alone. About 2 days later, I do the whiff test...and it was gone. After that, I could have sex. So, I would actually wait at least 2 days after the last dose, just to be on the safe side. Another conclusion, I don't have sex very often any more, because boyfriend and I are on again off again, so when I do have sex, I use a flagyl the following evening. If you are having sex more often, you might want to becarefull with that, only because too much use of it, will cause a yeast infection. Nothing that an over the counter Monistat won't help with, but, still, you know yeast infections, they are not fun!!

I can't remember where I bought it, because it's been so long, but here's a website I have in my favorites.

http://www.horizondrugs.com/flagyl.html

If this doesn't work, just type in Buy Flagyl Online. And you should find it!! Please let me know how it works for you!!!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 187 188 189 190 191 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 23, 2014 - 06:23 AM