The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Red Hot Chili Busties (SoCal and the Southwest)
girl_logic
post Dec 14 2009, 11:41 PM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey all, I'm going to be in Lomita California for the next couple weeks - just wondering if there are any Busties in the area?

--------------------
There are years that ask questions and years that answer. - zora neale hurston
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ihateoly
post Dec 9 2008, 01:02 PM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

Nice swag, thirties! I'm totally jealous. I couldn't make it out that way, but I hope they do another Craftacular in L.A. next year as well.

--------------------
"Let's go dancing in high heels!"-Liz Lemmon

+Quote Post
thirtiesgirl
post Dec 6 2008, 10:47 PM
Post #3

Hardcore BUSTie

Did anyone attend the LA Craftacular at the Echoplex today? I did. I bought 2 great posters from the Seattle Poster Company, a great necklace for half off from Charcoal Designs (silver-tone chain and blue lucite cameo-type pendant with a pic of an octopus inside), and a gorgeous fused glass pendant from Mucha Muchacha, a local jewelry designer. She has a few items up on Etsy, but it's nothing in comparison to her Craftacular display. She had some really gorgeous stuff and I wish I'd bought more. I bought a deep teal colored pendant with a few red streaks and flecks in it that looks vaguely Asian inspired. She also had some absolutely gorgeous deep egg-yolk yellow and orange pendants with tonal markings, and grass green pendants with black flecks. I wish I had bought one of those, but I thought I'd find more online. Hopefully she'll add more products to her online store soon.

--------------------
I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing.
-Mae West

+Quote Post
ihateoly
post Dec 5 2008, 07:22 PM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

Bump! Hey, all! I'm in Tucson, Arizona and was wondering if there are other Busties in Southern Arizona?

--------------------
"Let's go dancing in high heels!"-Liz Lemmon

+Quote Post
thirtiesgirl
post Jul 29 2008, 10:44 PM
Post #5

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm good. I was in class at the time and it was kind of freaky, but I don't think we felt the full magnitude. The epicenter was far northeast of where I am. I'm actually surprised I haven't heard from my mom yet, though. She doesn't live in the area, but natural disasters are her specialty thing to worry about. Any time there's a fire within 50 miles of LA, she calls me to make sure I'm ok, never mind that it's not even near me. I guess she hasn't heard the news yet.

--------------------
-Mae West

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 29 2008, 10:34 PM
Post #6

Big Fat Bitch

Great googly moogly! 5.4! I hope you are all doing okay out there on the west coast!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
mouse
post Jul 29 2008, 09:30 PM
Post #7

Most Likely Procrastinating

quakey busties, we all okay and accounted for? that was the biggest one i've felt yet and let me tell you it was FREAKY!

--------------------
jam out with your clam out

+Quote Post
mouse
post Jul 19 2008, 03:10 AM
Post #8

AP, no wrath from me! just disappointment tongue.gif j/k. though i have been spending a lot of time at the smogcutter and always think of thee.

thirtiesgirl, i was at the ramones tribute last year! and valley girl last week, and blue velvet the week before, and the TAMI show the week before that...probably not gonna make it for clockwork orange this week b/c a movie that popular will merit getting there at 3pm to wait outside for 4 hours. but the cemetery movies are probably my favorite thing about LA summers.

we had a very small meetup several months ago, me, zoya (who was in town), greenbean & opheliathemuse, but zoya's not in LA and gb and ophelia rarely post anymore...i keep in sporadic touch with gb but i haven't talked to her lately. i don't know about anything planned but if we do it's usually talked about in this thread, so you will know.

--------------------

+Quote Post
thirtiesgirl
post Jul 8 2008, 09:00 AM
Post #9

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks, auralpoison, for the bump. wink.gif Tee hee! (Sorry to get you all excited, mouse, but it took me a while to write this long-ass post!)

Hi, ladies! I'm so glad there's a SoCal thread on the forum! I'm kind of a new~old member to the Bust Lounge, having joined a few years back. I didn't become a very active member back then because I didn't notice a lot of west coast women around. It also didn't help that I fell down the rabbit hole of another forum at the time, but I definitely plan to be a more active member now.

I'm in the Los Angeles area, the South Bay to be specific, although I spent several years living in North Hollywood, and used to have a tribe of women friends on the westside. Grr_arrg, your mention of Echo Park hipsters cracked me up (I can so identify), but bar security treating you like that is absolutely heinous. In the past two years, I've noticed that security at several places I used to frequent has changed for the worse and they're not nearly as friendly and tolerant as they used to be.

I love the mention of Cinespia, too, since I've gone with friends to see several movies at Hollywood Forever, most notably the Ramones tribute last year, North By Northwest, and Fast Times at Ridgemont High (kind of a "reliving the '80s" night for us). I can't believe I missed Chinatown! That would've been fun to see there.

Anyway, if the SoCal ladies ever decide to have a meetup (or *another* meetup?), count me in. I'd love to meet some new women in the LA area, as my last circle of friends has all but dwindled. I'm definitely a lady who lunches... and happy hours... and dinner/drinks... and block parties, backyard bbqs... etc, etc.

'Nuff said. Happy to be here.

--------------------
-Mae West

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 8 2008, 08:09 AM
Post #10

Big Fat Bitch

*bump* for a newb.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
mouse
post Mar 12 2008, 10:35 PM
Post #11

AP, you dirty little tease. i got all excited when i saw you as the latest poster in this topic. TSK!

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Mar 12 2008, 09:11 PM
Post #12

Big Fat Bitch

*bump*

--------------------

+Quote Post
mouse
post Oct 24 2007, 02:02 AM
Post #13

((yuefie)))

i am fine, i'm out near east LA, so we don't really have anything except vaguely smoky air and pink skies. as far as i know the fires are moving west to the coast, so fingers crossed neither of us will have anything to worry about! be careful! i hope things get contained quick! ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
yuefie
post Oct 23 2007, 11:23 PM
Post #14

Lip Balm Aficionado

((((mouse)))) where in LA are you?

I'm in Santee, East of San Diego. Our area still remains unscathed, but the community behind us is listed as threatened and on stand by for evacuations. This is the craziest thing I've ever seen.

stay safe, chica!

--------------------
~I'm so tired of being tired
As sure as night will follow day
Most things I worry about
Never happen anyway~

+Quote Post
mouse
post Oct 23 2007, 08:26 PM
Post #15

bumping just to make sure my fellow socal busties are safe and sound and not burnt

((hope you are all okay and safe))

--------------------

+Quote Post
ms.gb
post Jan 17 2007, 02:42 PM
Post #16

Hardcore BUSTie

hi mouse and imdancingbarefoot.....

i need to break out the map and find where you speak of, this lemon grove....time for some exploring!

mon the 29th i'll be down in LA at the big hair show..i need to get a map to that...

and its thundering and looking like a good downpour for the evening in my area....

*pouts over soiled produce*

--------------------
"If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance."
- George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

+Quote Post
ImDancingBarefoo...
post Jan 16 2007, 02:42 PM
Post #17

BUSTie

Ok, so some how I completely lost track of this thread in the holiday and life madness. Sorry!

Yeah, Gwen and Bren rhyme. That's so cute. Lol. I have two other ratties: Luna and Selene. I need to get some pictures of them. There are some pictures of Gwen on my myspace, anyway . . .

Yuefie, I'm in East County of San Diego too. Not real far east but it counts as East County. Have you heard of Lemon Grove?

I'm still all for a meet-up but I have no ideas right now. Chemistry is frying my brain. I really need to do some stuff for the Vagina Monologues today too. Guess I should get off the message boards, huh?

--------------------
"Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful."
-Thich Nhat Hahn

+Quote Post
mouse
post Jan 16 2007, 01:42 PM
Post #18

happy new year gb.....IT'S FREAKING FREEZING

our produce is ruined! sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ms.gb
post Jan 16 2007, 12:36 PM
Post #19

Hardcore BUSTie

*bump*

happy new year y'all....

*bundles up against the cold*

--------------------
"If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance."
- George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

+Quote Post
yuefie
post Dec 21 2006, 11:18 PM
Post #20

Lip Balm Aficionado

we RHCB's suck at this, don't we? I'm hiding down in the east county of San Diego.

Hey ImDancingBarefoot, which part of the SD are you in??

--------------------
~I'm so tired of being tired
As sure as night will follow day
Most things I worry about
Never happen anyway~

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 17, 2014 - 04:42 AM