The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 77 78 79 80 81 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
hellotampon
post Nov 1 2006, 08:04 PM
Post #1561

Hardcore BUSTie

Uggh. So many Halloween sweater vests and appliqued pumpkins and haphazard false eyelashes yesterday!

There is this girl who always shops where I work, who doesn't know how to dress. She tried to incorporate homespun trendiness into her ratty outfits and ends up looking like a misguided slob. For instance:

-nondescript gray hoodie, fine for hanging out in
-flimsy, dingy grey cotton shorts
-"leggings" which were actually sheer black tights that appeared to have had the feet hacked off with scissors; she then twisted/tucked the raggedy edges under.
-those hideous adidas sandals that were popular a few years ago
-stupid blue eyeshadow (why bother with makeup when you're dressed like you just came from the Bland Fitness Center, Inc.?).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dusty
post Nov 1 2006, 03:59 PM
Post #1562

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh, I totally forgot to mention, a couple of weeks ago I went to a craft festival, ie. suppliers for quilting, beading, stamping, scrapbooking etc. and I saw a bunch of seasonal sweater vests.

Plus, there is a guy in my neighbourhood who has been sporting a huge ass pumpkin brooch lately.

+Quote Post
ginger_kitty
post Nov 1 2006, 01:30 PM
Post #1563

Hardcore BUSTie

It's probably wrong to say, but half.....no 3/4 of my family need to be nominated for What Not to Wear. Recently we had a family get together, and my mom just sent me the pics.....it almost seems like I am the only one that cares about how they look. My parents have decided to start being one of those couples that decides they should wear matching clothes. I can't go an to any more detail....I'll feel bad for making fun.

--------------------
-We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.

-What we think, we become.

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post Nov 1 2006, 01:05 PM
Post #1564

Ambassador from the Republic of Cocktailland

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to kill the thread. sad.gif

--------------------
All I know is that I don't know nothing.--Op Ivy

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post Oct 28 2006, 09:55 PM
Post #1565

Ambassador from the Republic of Cocktailland

Oh dear, I believe I'll be seeing plenty of appliqued sweatshirts when I go home for Xmas. Hell, I probably have one as a gift that's never been worn, if anyone here wants to borrow it for infiltration purposes.

Dear female coworker,
Hi. I know you and I normally don't chat, but would it be all right if I nominated you for What Not to Wear? I know you don't make a lot (about the same as I do), but every time I see you dressed in something from the "frumpy old woman" rack at Goodwill (and fer chrissakes, you're the same age as I), I want to scream, grab your hand and take you to Target or a thrift store for some cool and inexpensive clothes. They do exist and you don't have to go into debt to look good,or at least your age. Today, your outfit of black leggings, blue, XXX-large, oversized t-shirt and white,puffy sneakers really set my teeth on edge because 1) that outfit looks like someone who is twice your size and age would wear (and they really shouldn't) and 2) while you are trying to follow a trend, that's not it. Please, invest in some decent clothes. Yes, almost nobody here knows how to dress, but that doesn't mean you need to be one of them.
--lilacwine13

--------------------
All I know is that I don't know nothing.--Op Ivy

+Quote Post
pherber
post Oct 27 2006, 05:46 PM
Post #1566

Hardcore BUSTie

laugh.gif

I actually checked the "fugly" site again, haven't been there for quite a while! Oh my, oh my! blink.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ohmaude
post Oct 27 2006, 12:52 PM
Post #1567

Hardcore BUSTie

They call me the "Thread-killa." Don't mess.

+Quote Post
ohmaude
post Oct 25 2006, 10:56 AM
Post #1568

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey ladies, I tend to lurk in here. The truth is I work on a major state university campus so I see so many CoF's every single day I can't describe them, they all blur together into some horrible neonlegging-croc-fake-tan disaster. It's like my circuits are overloaded. Which brings me to my post. in gofug today they wrote this lovely ditty, sung to the tune of "it's a small world."

It's a world of leggings
A world of Crocs
It's a world of Bai Ling
And pants with frocks.
There's so much to abhor
Every day, there is more
It's a fug world after all

They could be describing my campus. Well, minus Bai Ling.

+Quote Post
lorewolf
post Oct 23 2006, 10:02 PM
Post #1569

Hardcore BUSTie

You're quite welcome, Maimy.

When I was in Japan, I went to several used-stuff shops "recycle shops". Most of them were really nice. They were clean, had really helpful staff, and there was music and bargains and a comprehensable layout. A couple shops I found (by looking really intently) weren't so nice, though. There were two which had dusty signs out front, and they basically looked like warehouses of junk. Even the staff (usually just one person) looked junk. The one I remember wasn't dressed like a salesperson at all, but had an old badge on. She ignored me while watching something on TV. The merchandise was scattered haphazardly around, collecting dust, and only some of them had price stickers. The prices were ridiculously high, too! Nobody would pay so much for dusty junk from someone not interested in selling to you.

That was apparently the point. Some local friends told us that they were just fronts for Yakuza money laundering. They could just cook up fake sales, and it would be too hard to prove that they're fake. The local people thought it was obnoxious and blatant, though.

Sorry about the invasion, KittenB sad.gif Maybe you can find your own appliqued sweatshirt and try to invade their groups?

+Quote Post
maimy
post Oct 23 2006, 06:28 PM
Post #1570

Hardcore BUSTie

Lorewolf, thank you. You've given me enough hope to sleep at night ... Money laundering makes the only sense my mind is prepared to handle with this little item.

$4 is by far too high a price to pay for this rubbish, brand new OR "vintage".

*Off to have a quiet shudder now*

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Oct 23 2006, 08:06 AM
Post #1571

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

lorewolf - your post reminded me that very soon Michigan Ave. (Chicago's Number 1 tourist shopping zone) will soon be invaded by the sweatshirt mafia, bus loads of tourists who all wear similar appliqued sweatshirts for holiday shopping. Save me.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
lorewolf
post Oct 22 2006, 11:08 AM
Post #1572

Hardcore BUSTie

Maybe it's a front for money laundering?

(Hey guys! I mostly lurk out of not having any good ones to report.)

I was just in downtown Seattle yesterday where I saw a tourist couple doing something I thought only tourists to Hawaii would do: They both wore identical color schemes so as not to get lost from each other or something. They both wore the very same tint of khaki pants and, remarkably enough, identical shades of purple on top. The logos on their tops were different, so it wasn't as if it was a work uniform. He wore a golf shirt and she a long-sleeved button-up. Both were the color of purple you'd find if you were to get a multi-color pack of construction paper a-la grade school. Barney the Dino Purple.

In Hawaii, tourist families might buy matching Aloha prints like some kind of costume so that their *real* egos aren't hurt by the embarrasing things they do, or to scar their kids, or to make the description for the police easier in case a family member gets abducted by a group of savages. "I'm sorry Mam, but all we could find is this tattered scrap of cloth near their tribal cauldron. It looks like they used it as a napkin."

I'm clueless why such a practice would be performed in Seattle, though.

+Quote Post
pherber
post Oct 21 2006, 11:51 AM
Post #1573

Hardcore BUSTie

When I see these hair clips in drugstores for about 3.50 (in Euros) I'm always thinking "Whaaaat?? 3.50??? So much money for that plastic crap???" laugh.gif

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Oct 21 2006, 10:49 AM
Post #1574

Hardcore BUSTie

Don't they like...sell those kinds of hair clips...for about $4 at the local drugstore?

And *why* is she selling all kinds of lil' plastic clips for like $40-$50??

Does anyone really *pay* that price?? sad.gif

dry.gif

+Quote Post
pherber
post Oct 21 2006, 01:30 AM
Post #1575

Hardcore BUSTie

laugh.gif quietmadness, I'm way too messy, to deserve that offer..

maimy, it's a bargain:

"IF YOU ARE PURCHASING MORE THAN ONE OF MY ITEMS AND PAYING VIA PAYPAL PLEASE DO ALL OF YOUR PURCHASING AND THEN WAIT FOR ME TO PROVIDE YOU WITH A COMBINED SHIPPING INVOICE -THIS GIVES YOU THE BEST POSSIBLE COMBINED SHIPPING DISCOUNT...."

fucking hell.

+Quote Post
herculesgirl
post Oct 20 2006, 11:45 PM
Post #1576

Hardcore BUSTie

Lolz, Maimy, you can still buy those at Target...

+Quote Post
maimy
post Oct 20 2006, 07:29 PM
Post #1577

Hardcore BUSTie

Please tell me there is nobody on earth willing to pay $45+ for a cheap old plastic banana clip ... Please?

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-HAIR-CLIP-COMB...bayphotohosting

+Quote Post
maimy
post Oct 20 2006, 06:45 PM
Post #1578

Hardcore BUSTie

I GET FIRST DIBS ON THAT OFFER!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Oct 20 2006, 11:31 AM
Post #1579

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh, my...Gobs...

Y'all have got me laughin' so hard!

Busty, Maimy, Walking, Pherber---I'll come clean y'all's houses, if you'll let me hang out with you.

Here's my ad: "Out of touch Southern girl will clean houses for laughs in Bust lounge..."

Something like that.

My creepy neighbors across the street: (You know--Y'all have 'em.) They're the ones who *never* open their blinds.

Anyway, speaking of bleach. She totally came out of the car the other day to go in the house. She was wearing:

Those Mary Jane style shoes, brown or black
Tube top under a mid-length shirt
Tapered pants with RUFFLES ohmy.gif huh.gif

I swar.

+Quote Post
Tardis
post Oct 20 2006, 09:48 AM
Post #1580

Black gouchos.

With gold high heeled shoes.

Embroidered camoflauge jacket.

Sad really.

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 77 78 79 80 81 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 28, 2014 - 02:37 PM