The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 56 57 58 59 60 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
missjanuary
post Oct 28 2008, 08:11 PM
Post #1141

There's so many conflicting ''solutions'' for bv it gets frustrating and discouraging. I think that you just have to find something that works for you and not think that whatever works for someone else should work for you too!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Oct 28 2008, 01:58 PM
Post #1142

QUOTE(persimmon_grrrl @ Oct 27 2008, 10:44 PM) *
acronyms...what does TTO stand for?

TTO = Tea Tree Oil

+Quote Post
roquelaure
post Oct 28 2008, 12:17 AM
Post #1143

BUSTie

yummy yummy Tea Tree Oil smile.gif

i have a bottle of TTO soap that i found in the foot care section of walmart- it's called the oh-so-appetizing "fungi-soap", but it is the same thing as the expensive antibacterial and oil controlling face soap sold in fancy schmancy places. um... i don't remember where i was going with that... but it smells good lol.

got the call from the dr's today, and no BV- yaaaaaaayyyyy!!! [i'm waving my arms around all kermit the frog-like as i "yay"]. just stupid yeast, which the diflucan has thus far defeated. i feel like i'm finally getting a leg up on things and reaching a karmic cootchie balance down there. oooohhhhmmmmm....

+Quote Post
persimmon_grrrl
post Oct 27 2008, 09:44 PM
Post #1144

Hardcore BUSTie

acronyms...what does TTO stand for?

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Oct 27 2008, 09:09 PM
Post #1145

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Oct 18 2008, 08:57 PM) *
Here is an additional reliable source that I have found regarding Pau d'arco and it's benefits.

http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/69325.cfm

HELLO LADIES!!!!

TTO worked for me!!!! It's been a life saver for me!

Also, I was at Whole Foods the other day, and they have TTO suppositories!!! So, you dont have to make them yourself!!! I bought a box, just to have in case of an emergency!!

But, just wanted to stop in real quick and tell you that yes, TTO works.. but as with everything, what works for me, may not work for you!!

Bye for now!

+Quote Post
roquelaure
post Oct 26 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #1146

BUSTie

i'm still waiting for my test results from last week. i feel better after the first diflucan though, so even if i do have BV again, i think i'll just wait it out- my yeast is always so much more horrible.

+Quote Post
horror_movie
post Oct 26 2008, 05:35 PM
Post #1147

BUSTie

dry.gif WHERE IS EVERYONE??? DID EVERYBODY FOUND A CURE BUT ME!!! HELLLLOOOOOO

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 24 2008, 01:05 AM
Post #1148

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ Oct 22 2008, 11:23 PM) *
Hello everyone..it's been awhile since I've posted. I was on a long strech of being BV free! I made the mistake of getting some artifical nails put on and I ended up with a horrible staff infection in my thumb. ( The pus appeared the next day after I had them done) Dirty tools? Who knows. My doctor feared it was MRSA and threw like 5 different antibiotics at me while awaiting the lab results. Luckily, for me it was just a bad staff infection. After all of that bull, I ended up with a yeast infection which I have been fighting since August. Anyways, to make a long story short, both BV and yeast are back. I found this article..its sounds just like Atrophic Vaginitis??, but I didn't see anything where it said the two were the same thing..
Desquamative Inflammatory Vaginitis

It is not a STI, nor associated with cancer, diet, or other medical conditions. It is not known what the cause is., but thought of some infection, or an autoimmune, inflammatory problem, A lack of estrogen may help trigger the problem...

Symtoms: Heavy vaginal discharge (usually yellow), with little or no odor, painful intercourse, and vulvar irritation and itching.

Exam: collect samples of discharge to rule out other infections, under the mircoscope many white blood cells are seen, and lack of lactobacilli, high ph, opening of vagina is red and inflammed.

Treatment of DIV: antibiotics (says clindamycin becasue it has anti-inflammatory componets) but not sure about the stuff..or what they will start treating this with because it's getting pulled?? If it recurs hydrocortisone cream every night for 4 weeks..estrogen is added if no improvement is made.

The article was posted 05/08

http://www.drexelmed.edu/FindaPhysician/Me...tetricsGynecolo

See, this is why I don't get my nails done anymore. I know they don't clean their tools properly. If you already have a bacterial problem, you don't need to have more bacteria introduced to your system. Sorry to hear that Arj75 BUT WELCOME BACK HONEY. Where have you been? Just taking a break?

+Quote Post
cocktail73
post Oct 23 2008, 10:11 PM
Post #1149

QUOTE(CanCan @ Apr 2 2008, 06:57 PM) *
Oh that is so weird, I have been reading about Vitamin D deficiency for the past month!! I am SO sure it is a factor - that I went away on a trip a couple weeks ago to Mexico to get sunshine.

Vitamin D deficiency is a factor for me, if you don't have enough of it, you can't absorb calcium properly. My nails have been breaking to a ridiculous degree over the past few months, I mean really breaking, like falling right off my skin. And a friend of mine told me that I'm probably not getting enough minerals. Ya right. I am taking my calcium supplements. So I thought there must be another factor. Reading about calcium scientists and doctors say that you need vitamin D to absorb it. And reading about vitamin D you realize that a lot of people are deficient during the winter months when there isn't much sunshine out, and anyone like me that spends a lot of time indoors wouldn't be getting much anyway. Even during the summertime, I don't get that much because I never tan. And I use sunblock religiously.

Your body produces vitamin D when exposed to sunshine (without sunblock on), by eating vitamin d rich foods, or by taking a vitamin d supplement. I started taking Vitamin D3 pills couple weeks ago. And I am also taking Cod Liver Oil capsules every day, now that I read that it is rich in both vitamins D and A. (You can also get vitamin d by using a vitamin D therapy lamp for 5 minutes everyday. But I am not about to run out and buy one, because summer is around the corner.) The problem with taking vitamin d as a vitamin suppliment is that some people with digestive issues may not digest it and absorb it anyway. Which may be my issue, we will see if my nails improve or not. For people that can't digest it, sunshine is the best way to get it.

So my nails were the first indicator that I was V-D deficient, I happened to pick up a book at my friend's place, and vitamin book, and flip it to the page that said vit-d, and it said right there in black and white that vitamin d helps fight infections! I had no idea. I have something written down about this, I will look for it now, and then post.

+Quote Post
arj75
post Oct 22 2008, 05:23 PM
Post #1150

Hardcore BUSTie

Hello everyone..it's been awhile since I've posted. I was on a long strech of being BV free! I made the mistake of getting some artifical nails put on and I ended up with a horrible staff infection in my thumb. ( The pus appeared the next day after I had them done) Dirty tools? Who knows. My doctor feared it was MRSA and threw like 5 different antibiotics at me while awaiting the lab results. Luckily, for me it was just a bad staff infection. After all of that bull, I ended up with a yeast infection which I have been fighting since August. Anyways, to make a long story short, both BV and yeast are back. I found this article..its sounds just like Atrophic Vaginitis??, but I didn't see anything where it said the two were the same thing..
Desquamative Inflammatory Vaginitis

It is not a STI, nor associated with cancer, diet, or other medical conditions. It is not known what the cause is., but thought of some infection, or an autoimmune, inflammatory problem, A lack of estrogen may help trigger the problem...

Symtoms: Heavy vaginal discharge (usually yellow), with little or no odor, painful intercourse, and vulvar irritation and itching.

Exam: collect samples of discharge to rule out other infections, under the mircoscope many white blood cells are seen, and lack of lactobacilli, high ph, opening of vagina is red and inflammed.

Treatment of DIV: antibiotics (says clindamycin becasue it has anti-inflammatory componets) but not sure about the stuff..or what they will start treating this with because it's getting pulled?? If it recurs hydrocortisone cream every night for 4 weeks..estrogen is added if no improvement is made.

The article was posted 05/08

http://www.drexelmed.edu/FindaPhysician/Me...tetricsGynecolo

+Quote Post
roquelaure
post Oct 22 2008, 04:13 PM
Post #1151

BUSTie

finally went to the gyn today- a MALE doctor, which i have always refused to see on principle, but i was almost in tears this morning from Itchy & Burny that i would have gone to a trained monkey if he would give me something to make it stop. the only doc at my practice on duty today was a guy, so i sucked it up and went. i must say, i was very impressed. he was actually more polite, "gentle", and most importantly INFORMATIVE than any woman that i've ever seen. he actually took me into his office and sat me down and explained everything in detail- the chicks were just like "you have BV, here's an rx put your pants on". i've come to the conclusion that guys in the "biz" must know they have a hell of a lot to prove, so they make sure they do their jobs well. well, at least THIS guy did.

anyway- he's suspecting yeast is the culprit this time caused by the metrogel, and that i had some bleeding the other day from general irritation. but he also thinks i still have stubborn remnants of BV. i asked him if i was going to be on this loop forever now- get the BV, the cure gives me yeast, the cure for the yeast gives me BV, and so on and so on. he said not if he could help it, haha- so he gave me an rx for diflucan plus a refill, as well as more metrogel. the idea is to take the diflucan, give it a day or two to get into my system and start destroying the yeast, then start the metro again, and when i'm almost done with it take the other diflucan. i also asked him whether or not the BV was std related, since everything i read says it is, and he said that that is an older idea, and these days most doctors agree that it is no more an std than a yeast infection could be considered one: sure it can be passed via intercourse, but so can yeast, and no one considers that an std.

i'm debating whether or not to use the metrogel, just because it was so damn gross, andto me my symptoms are like, 80% yeasty and 20% bv. i think i'm going to see what happens after the first diflucan and take it from there. if i do decide to though, i still have over half the first tube, but don't have any applicators left. does anyone know where i can buy JUST the apps? i'm clueless. i've tried to use empty tampon apps when the same things has happened with yeast stuff before, but i always end up with more leaking out of the wrong end than the right one.

+Quote Post
LovelyLadyLuck
post Oct 22 2008, 10:21 AM
Post #1152

Morphia i also used the HP. i am not sure how you did yours, but for mine i used a small needleless syringe. i mixed about 1/4 c of hp with abt 1/8 cup of water, and used the syringe to douche, very slowly, until i had used almost all of the solution. then i would use the rest to disinfect the syringe. it worked very well. no itching or burning, so if you didnt use a syringe you might want to try that so you can bypass the outer part of your vag altogether. anyways after that i would take one fem d orally and insert one vaginally. my period came down and i continued to use the exact same method, because my Bv is absolutely disgusting during my cycle, and even tho it was a bit gross having gobs of brown foam dropping out of me, my coochie didnt smell during my period. i did all this for abt a week and a half, but ive been taking the fem d longer then that.this was my first full cycle of fem d. i have been out of it for two days, and there is still no smell. im a bit feaked out by it because i just cant believe i am curing myself! i have had BV off and on(mostly on) since i was 15, and im 22 so its not like this was my first occurence. the hp def helped kill off the bad bv bact although i ran out of that as well so i havent been able to continue my little method. but the probiotics were just as, if not more important. like flagyl the HP will kill the bad bact. as well as the good, so if you are not using probiotics your Bv wont go away completely, and i suppose its possible that you could get a yeast infection as well...

+Quote Post
roquelaure
post Oct 21 2008, 11:45 AM
Post #1153

BUSTie

i've never used peroxide, but it sounds like you might have started to kill everything off, didn't quite get it all, and it came back stronger than before. that always happens to me with freaking yeast, i'd think BV would be similar. good luck at the appointment- let me know what she said, now i'm super curious about h2o2!

at my lunch break i'm going to break down and call my OB/GYN and see if i can get in to see someone. i had thought mine was going away, but now i have this bloated/pressure-y feeling along with all the other symptoms, and i'm starting to get concerned. i'm COMPLETELY embarrassed though because when this started to come back last week, i was in the middle of the ol' semi-monthly body hair maintenance. i usually go bare down yonder, but i'm a wuss so i have to wax it over a few days, not all at once. when my symptoms started coming back, i stopped. so now it looks like i have mange or something. blink.gif

+Quote Post
Morphia
post Oct 21 2008, 11:29 AM
Post #1154

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey, ladies. LOOOOOOOOONG time no talk. I have a really big problem here. I was never keen ]on the idea of using hydrogen peroxide in that area until my obgyn/oncologist told me to. So thats what I did. I did it twice and it did seem to be getting rid of the bv (less discharge/no smell) but now the insides of the lips "down thur" itch so bad. And they burn and are sore. It feels like I have a yeast infection but there is no sign of any yeasty discharge or anything. Just my usual BV discharge. I was hoping that maybe it was just irritation from using the HP but the last time I used it was sunday morning and the problem doesn't seem to be getting any better. On top of this itchy/burny/sore problem my bv seems to be coming back with a vengeance.

Did anyone else have an experience like this from using HP? Is this a common occurrence? What the hell could be going on?

I do have an appointment with my doc's nurse practitioner later today but I'm afraid she's not going to see anything under the microscope, which is a common occurrence with me. I have all of the symptoms but rarely do any yeast or clue cells show up. Anyway, sorry this was so long. I hope everyone is doing well!

+Quote Post
sciongal
post Oct 19 2008, 11:40 PM
Post #1155

BUSTie

QUOTE(mfc10 @ Oct 19 2008, 04:29 PM) *
Yes! It did the same to me! Two years ago, I tried it for a mixed BV/yeast infection & it sure didn't help! I had purchased several boxes & threw them all out. $ down the drain...
mad.gif
Maggie C.

It made things worse for me...

+Quote Post
roquelaure
post Oct 19 2008, 06:55 PM
Post #1156

BUSTie

i'm so afraid that now that i've had one, i'm going to be stuck in the anything's-gonna-set-another one-off loop like i have been with yeast for the past decade.

um. that's all. no questions or comments. just sittin' here pontificating my vag...

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Oct 19 2008, 06:29 PM
Post #1157

BUSTie

QUOTE(bizzy @ Oct 19 2008, 05:47 PM) *
Has anyone tried the product Candaclear? It is an acidophilus suppository many use for bacterial vaginosis and also yeast infections. A lot of people online liked it so I tried it. It burned and irritated me so bad .... I was hoping that this product would help with my lingering irritation, but it made it worse. Just curious.

Yes! It did the same to me! Two years ago, I tried it for a mixed BV/yeast infection & it sure didn't help! I had purchased several boxes & threw them all out. $ down the drain...
mad.gif
Maggie C.

+Quote Post
bizzy
post Oct 19 2008, 05:47 PM
Post #1158

Has anyone tried the product Candaclear? It is an acidophilus suppository many use for bacterial vaginosis and also yeast infections. A lot of people online liked it so I tried it. It burned and irritated me so bad that four days later I tried sitting in a tub of water with baking soda and then the heavy discharge began. A week later and I am still burning. Just wondering if anyone else had a similar reaction and what made it better. I have tried almost everything for my reoccuring bacterial infections. I had a complete culture done before the candaclear and it showed nothing. I was hoping that this product would help with my lingering irritation, but it made it worse. Just curious.

+Quote Post
Sweaty in Social Studies
post Oct 19 2008, 08:32 AM
Post #1159

QUOTE(missjanuary @ Oct 18 2008, 06:51 PM) *
so what are you doing specifically to help banish your problem?

I never really had Bacterial Vaginosis, although I thought I did until I went to my Gynecologist and she said I had 2 or 3 different species of non-albican yeast. My gynecologist also wrote, The V Book, you should definitely read it or borrow it from a library sometime. It's a really informative book that gives great advice on gynecological problems. What she prescribed me was Boric Acid for 14 days which eventually killed the infection. The type of yeast infection I had was so similar to Bacterial Vaginosis. It had an odor, not fishy but really strong and briny. And it had a normal looking discharge, at times it looked clear and then at other times it was white-ish. The only homeopathic treatment that worked for me was taking a daily round of Acidophilus that my General Practitioner recommended to me, taking the Acidophilus really helped, I noticed results within a few days. It had 3 billion live cultures and didn't need to be refrigerated because it was in a pearl form. Other than that I take Vitamin A, Vitamin C and a daily multivitamin to keep away any reoccurring infections.

Since then I only had one reoccurring infection and it went away on it's own after I took 5 rounds of garlic and cranberry caplets.

Did you find anything that has worked for you?

+Quote Post
roquelaure
post Oct 18 2008, 06:18 PM
Post #1160

BUSTie

i'm guessing tea tree oil:

http://herbalmusings.com/tea_tree_oil.htm

i luuuurrrrve tea tree oil. i've been apprehensive to try it for my BV, because i'm not gonna lie- it stings like the dickins. i've used it to treat yeast infections when i've felt them coming on, and it combo with yogurt and acidophilus usually stops them in their tracks. when i feel one of those huge cyst-like "under the skin" zits coming on, i start dabbing on tto and they never fully develop.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 56 57 58 59 60 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 22, 2014 - 06:08 AM