Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 203 204 205 206 207 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
juls
post Mar 19 2007, 03:34 PM
Post #4081

BUSTie

I don't think I have BV, but I'm a nervous person, and when I get nervous, I get sweaty down there. And because I'm paranoid that I will smell because I'm sweaty, I get even more sweaty, and so the vicious cycle begins. Does anyone have to deal with this, and if so, do you have any tips to stop it? I've bought those Summer's Eve wipes but it doesn't seem to be enough...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
minayun
post Mar 19 2007, 01:11 AM
Post #4082

Hello, i was just told friday that I have BV. I ended up going to the emergency room because I was in a great deal of pain. My clinic had thought maybe i had a bladder infection and prescribed antibiotics for that, about three weeks ago, but the symptoms never went away. Earlier during the week i had tried an over the counter yeast infection treatment but didn't work either. So, now that I know what it is, they have put me on Flaygl for seven days. I was wondering, for those who have been on flagyl, how long it usually takes to start feeling better? The doctor had said about 48 hours but i'm not feeling any better yet. Just very, very nauseated from the pills. Also i read something about Tetrasil and just ordered a jar of it from ebay. Does anyone know if it can actually be put "inside" the vagina? I see alot of you have had long term battles with this, i just hope mine goes away. Anything you can tell me would be really helpful and hopeful. I've had the pain and burning for a couple of months. Now that i found out what i have and have medicine I am feeling a little anxious because I'm not feeling better yet
=(

+Quote Post
deprime
post Mar 18 2007, 08:54 PM
Post #4083

BUSTie

i need some flagyl fast! blah, does anyone have strategies for getting your doctor to prescribe you some ? (the last time i went to the gyno, the cultures came back negative for BV... but i'm in BV hell right now, so I want to try the suppositories thing!)

i am so depressed about this -- nothing has worked, nothing.

until we find a cure,
deprime

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Mar 16 2007, 06:08 PM
Post #4084

BUSTie

Well I started antibiotics on wed and so far today things are looking up!
I'm still having discharge but it's mostly thicker, clear stuff and NO SMELL!
So hopefully this is the beginning of the end, for now anyway. I'm not confident that I'll be "cured" but it's been a long time since I was symptom free even for a little while. I just hope that I can kick this before I go to Jamacia in december...
I bought 2 types (brands/concentrations) of acidophillus today and am going to use it daily both orally and vaginally. The insert with the meds said it's a pretty strong antibiotic and I'm taking a lot, so I don't want a new yeast infection, and I don't want a reocurrence of BV if I can help it.

+Quote Post
JustMeCeeCee
post Mar 15 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #4085

I am going to try the HP wash. I just don't want to try everything all at once, or I won't know what's working when something does start to work. I thought about using one of those little suction thingies that you use to suction a baby's nose with for the HP. I don't know what they're called, but I figure if you squeeze the HP out of it slowly, maybe it won't gush back out. A turkey baster might work too...just kidding smile.gif. I used the BA last night, and I only had one gush of watery discharge when I first got up this morning, and nothing since. There's been no smell today either. I'm going to use it tonight & tomorrow night, and I'll do the HP wash on Saturday to wash away any risidual BA before I see the fiance Saturday night. I am taking my acidophilus twice a day religiously, though, and will continue to do that regardless of whatever else I do.

Thanks for all your suggestions!!!

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Mar 15 2007, 01:33 PM
Post #4086

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(JustMeCeeCee @ Mar 15 2007, 01:56 PM) *

That is so good to hear, because I'm thinking that once I get my estrogen levels regulated, mine will go away too. Hope is a good thing smile.gif

Welcome Cee Cee

The estroil worked for me and I didnt have hot flashes but I had a dry vagina. It took over a month to work but well worth it. I also did the HP wash a few times and at first it wasnt effective (I was using a medicine dropper) but if you use a funnel it is great. THe boric acid I used to use for months but now it seems primitive as compared to the other suggestions the ladies here have compiled/tried.

Try the HP wash CeeCee, you wont have the runny discharge as you will on the boric. Also when on the boric I wouldnt let my BF go down on me for fear of him getting poisoned, it may sound silly but the HP is cleaner. For some ladies the HP didnt work but for some it did so please give it a try.

Thanks

+Quote Post
JustMeCeeCee
post Mar 15 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #4087

QUOTE(neverending @ Mar 15 2007, 01:38 PM) *

Hi CeeCee! As you already know I cured my bv with estrogen=estroil. I too had hot flashes (especially at night), dry vagina, etc. I hope everything works out for you and welcome to the board!

That is so good to hear, because I'm thinking that once I get my estrogen levels regulated, mine will go away too. Hope is a good thing smile.gif

+Quote Post
neverending
post Mar 15 2007, 11:21 AM
Post #4088

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi CeeCee! As you already know I cured my bv with estrogen=estroil. I too had hot flashes (especially at night), dry vagina, etc. I hope everything works out for you and welcome to the board!

+Quote Post
JustMeCeeCee
post Mar 15 2007, 09:17 AM
Post #4089

Hi Ladies, I'm new here. I've been lurking for the past couple of days, and I'm glad i found you. I knew there had to be others out there sufferring from this awful problem too. I was diagnosed with BV 3 years ago right about the same time I started having hot flashes and night sweats. (After reading some of the articles posted here, I'm guessing my BV stems from a hormonal imabalance (low estrogen levels). I've done all the flagyl, metrogel, cleocin cream, blah, blah, blah, and none of it works for very long. I have put off using synthetic hormone replacement because I'm afraid of it, but I have recently begun using a combined natural estrogen/progesterone cream (bio identical hormones). I've been using it during the second half of my cycle for the last couple of months (because from what I understand, if you are still having a period, you only need hormone support during the second half of your cycle to get rid of the hot flashes and night sweats). So far, it has greatly reduced my hot flashes and night sweats, and now I am hopeful that if I can get my hormone levels straightened out, the BV will go away too.

In the meantime, I wanted to find something that would be a more immediate solution for the odor and the discharge. Mine is so much worse during sex. My fiance is very tolerant of the problem, but he has mentioned it a few times, and I know it bothers him. Hell, it bothers me, and it's my smell.

I see that you all use many different methods to control BV, like acidophilus, BA, HP, different antibiotics, etc., but I was wondering if any of you have combined these methods with the continuous use of acidophilus probiotics? I'm kind of thinking out loud here after readding all the posts, and since BV seems to be caused by the lack of lactobacilli causing a PH imbalance, that using probiotics continuously would be a must no matter what method you're using to control the BV. Since most of these methods, especially BA and antibiotics kill all the bacteria, not just the bad ones, it kind of makes sense to me that you would need to replenish the good bacteria while you are creating a better environment for them to live in.

I'm thinking I'm going to try use the BA for several days along with acidophilus, and maybe use the HP wash right after sex to see if that helps.

This is a very embarrassing and difficult thing to live with. I look forward to hearing more of your treatment ideas, and how the different methods are working for everybody.

It's nice to meet you all!!

CeeCee

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Mar 15 2007, 08:53 AM
Post #4090

BUSTie

Thanks a lot Jewels, I hope so too. It's been a loing time since I've taken anything besides metronidazol so maybe the clindamycin will do the trick. If not I'm all over the flagyl, thanks for the link.
Plus I never thought I had a yeast infection too so it could be what has been keeping me from getting results with the hp, boric, folic acid, estroil and the slew of other remedies we've all tried. And hopefully it'll stop the itchy cracky bleedy exterior problem!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and thank you all so much for the kind words and continued support!

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Mar 14 2007, 11:17 PM
Post #4091

Hardcore BUSTie

Here's the website I purchased from the last time.

http://www.discount-rx.net/drugs/pageMaker...drugBrandId=634

This is the one that has the Live Online Help.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Mar 14 2007, 07:36 PM
Post #4092

Hardcore BUSTie

Eralc: Sorry about your experience. Doctors SUCK ASS. And the worst part, I think they get kick backs on the med's they prescribe.

Hopefully this round of med's might do the trick for you. If not, seriously think about using the Flagyl.

I'M STILL SMELL FREE!!!

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Mar 14 2007, 07:06 PM
Post #4093

BUSTie

Another new doctor, another condecending look and attitude, and another round of anti-biotics. Turns out I had a yeast infection AND bv this time so I took Diflucan and started a round of clindamycin ( 2pills, 3x a day, 2 weeks) so at least she's not afraid to get aggressive. She refused to check my hormones though saying that if I get my periods than there's no problem.

She also completely brushed off my mention of something new my sister found for me, and article in a magazine for nurse practitioners about Cytolytic Vaginosis and Lactobacillosis. Turns out the problem for some women can be too much lactobacilli present in the vagina. I don't think this is me, but if you have problems with whiteish discharge and no smell this could be you. I'd goole it to find out more. The magazine is called Advance for Nurse Practitioners. Hope this helps someone!

I also said that I would like to try flagyl vaginally but she seemed very judgemental and when I said, "ya know, instaid of metrogel" she said, "but orally, right?" and I just caved and said yes. it wasn't worth fighting for. If her meds don't work than I'll just get it online and try it myself. Bitch...

At least I'm back on track with the Guardasil and got to address a few other things I had been worried about. I will let everyone know how this goes for me.
Jewels - hold on to that doctor for dear life! You really are very luck to have him!
I hope my insurance covers a reproductive endocrinologist and than I'll know for sure wether or not this is a hormone thing...

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Mar 13 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #4094

Hardcore BUSTie

No, not since I've done the Flagyl. I did take the Boric with me, because I developed a huge rash on my arms and forehead. They were actually pretty interested in the Boric, and where going to do some research on their own. They said, my rash was internal, and they didn't they it was from the boric. WELL.... I did the Boric for the first time last July, and my rash is still here, and has never gone away. It went away for a little bit, but I used boric again, a few months ago and it came right back. So, that is why I don't use boric.

Either way, my doctor is open to everything, so, he would probably say, more power to you!!

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Mar 13 2007, 10:10 PM
Post #4095

Hardcore BUSTie

hey jewels i have one more question and then that's it i promise! since you've done the flagyl have you gone to the doctor? or told a doctor that you've done that?? just wondering what they said to you if you did. ok thanks again.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Mar 12 2007, 08:10 PM
Post #4096

Hardcore BUSTie

awesome thanks!! after my period is over i think i'm gonna go to planned parenthood and have them check if i have the bv and if i do they'll give me flagyl and i don't have to pay for it!! yayy haha. pretty sure the bv is still there right now but i can't really tell cause i switched birth controls this month and i'm just all messed up, with bleeding and everything. so i just left it alone for now.

alright well most likely i will be trying the flagyl vaginally so if i do i'll let you ladies know how it goes. thanks everyone for your help and experiences. biggrin.gif i almost want to say "experiments." hahaa tongue.gif

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Mar 12 2007, 07:18 PM
Post #4097

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi anitsirhc. NO NOT TO PERSONAL!! We are all talking about smelly kitty's, so if that's not personal, then I don't know what is!!!!!! wink.gif

Yes, he would finish inside of me. And no I have not done anything different whatsoever. I'm a smoker, so I am afraid that at some point it might come back, due to the smoking. But, if it does, I will do the Flagyl again. I'm going on 2 months!!! That's 100% better then having to use Boric every other day, or lay on my back in the bathroom and poor HP down me!! wink.gif

Hope this helps!!!

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Mar 12 2007, 02:49 PM
Post #4098

Hardcore BUSTie

jewels i have a question for you, sorry if it's graphic or too personal you don't have to answer if you don't want to but sperm affects the ph of the vagina obviously and can make the bv come back, i was just wondering since you've done the flagyl vaginally when you've had sex have you let him finish inside you or no? and have you done anything at all since the flagyl to keep the bv away or you just did that and that was it?

thanks! smile.gif i'm thinking about trying it...

+Quote Post
pianogirl
post Mar 12 2007, 01:12 PM
Post #4099

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Eralc Alegna @ Mar 10 2007, 05:20 PM) *

Just an update - Haven't posted in a while cause I'm too damn frustrated. Period came and went, estroil ran out, discharge still there. I'm not going to try more cause if it didn't work in 30 days than it probably wont. plus i'd like to save the fifty bucks.

I'm going to the doctor next week and will try to score some flagyl to try vaginally while I cry, beg and plead for blood work to check out my hormones and thyroid and just for someone to take this seriously in general. For god sake it's been a over a year since i've been normal. this is really taking a toll...

Hi Eralc Alegna,

I am sorry the estriol isnt working for you. I been using it for 2 months straight and my period is ending now and there is no smell. I have also douched with the HP but not recently.

Please let us know how the flagyl works for you.

I really hope everything turns out ok for you.

Thanks

PG

PS It does indeed take a toll. My smell is gone and I still dont feel as sexual as I use to. sad.gif

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Mar 11 2007, 03:35 PM
Post #4100

Hardcore BUSTie

I don't know, because I don't have periods. But, I would order now, so that it will be here at least after your period.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 203 204 205 206 207 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 25, 2014 - 02:10 AM