Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 53 54 55 56 57 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
yme
post Nov 20 2008, 10:30 PM
Post #1081

BUSTie

Its disgusting because the test showed that I did have Bacterial Vaginosis I called her again to confirm it and she said the one dose treatment takes about 5 days and if I dont get better by monday she will write me a new script

I had a combo of yeast and bv for years so I know its not strep or an STD, trust me on this. I hate this its getting tired and I am about ready to live the rest of my life being a stinky person, but I still pray for a cure.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lolasaurus
post Nov 20 2008, 05:57 PM
Post #1082

BUSTie

It's not as strong as normal BV smell, but it was definitely bad enough for me to 1) notice it and seek treatment, and 2) not invite my darling boyfriend anywhere near that region.

Also, a lot a lot of thin, sticky discharge.

QUOTE(LovelyLadyLuck @ Nov 20 2008, 10:24 AM) *
hmmmmm...... and can strep b overgrowth give you a abad smell? ive researched it before on medical websites but never found anything clear on that part...

+Quote Post
heathernicole
post Nov 20 2008, 04:41 PM
Post #1083

ha. yes i do. Thank you. I have been searching for almost an hour for an answer

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Nov 20 2008, 02:49 PM
Post #1084

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(heathernicole @ Nov 20 2008, 01:59 PM) *
I am getting ready to start taking boric acid pills. I have 14 to take one a week and she also gave me three refills. I'm beginning to do the math and it looks like that might be a long time without sex. ohmy.gif Is it okay or safe to have sex while on the boric acid? unsure.gif

when you say "take" i hope you mean insert vaginally, taking it by mouth is very poisonous and you can die....only vaginally please. when i do boric acid i don't have sex until 24hrs later because you have to wait for it to come back out and it's kinda grainy like sand...irritating i would assume if it hasn't all came out. also use a pantiliner because it leaks out during the day. i would use a condom also until you know you are 100% bv free because it can be passed back and forth. good luck

sooo sad

+Quote Post
heathernicole
post Nov 20 2008, 01:59 PM
Post #1085

I am getting ready to start taking boric acid pills. I have 14 to take one a week and she also gave me three refills. I'm beginning to do the math and it looks like that might be a long time without sex. ohmy.gif Is it okay or safe to have sex while on the boric acid? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
LovelyLadyLuck
post Nov 20 2008, 10:24 AM
Post #1086

hmmmmm...... and can strep b overgrowth give you a abad smell? ive researched it before on medical websites but never found anything clear on that part...

+Quote Post
sassy
post Nov 20 2008, 05:40 AM
Post #1087

Hardcore BUSTie

Again, I would be really careful with that RX. It can do more harm than good. Lori wrote this in June 2007:

"I was doing some further research on strep vaginitis, and on pp.240-241 (click on "Search Inside" and type in "strep" - I can't provide a direct link) of this book it says that Clindamycin causes the overgrowth! The previous link by CanCan said it can be caused by flagyl and clindamycin cream (e.g., clindesse), but not Clindamycin oral."

+Quote Post
yme
post Nov 19 2008, 09:10 PM
Post #1088

BUSTie

Thanks to everyone for replying. So yesterday I took the one therapy dose of Clindesss and....................I still have discharge and a funky odor too. How long before I can feel confident about my hygiene again. I pray every night thats all I can do is just wait, I want my life back.

+Quote Post
Lolasaurus
post Nov 19 2008, 04:42 PM
Post #1089

BUSTie

Adding to the chorus, here, but the only success I've had with Clindesse was... a different, harder-to-diagnose BV (Strep B overgrowth), which is supposedly treated by a more broad-range (Amoxicillin, aka, Free Trip to Yeast City) antibiotic.

Good luck, and be careful.

QUOTE(yme @ Nov 19 2008, 12:20 AM) *
Hi everyone. I went to the doc a couple of days ago and she gave me a script for Clindesse which is a one dose treatment to get rid of BV. I am so nervous. I am so tired of smelling so bad. I tried everything. Even the metro pills with the femdolphis(which by the way put a big hole in my pocket) Anyway anyone had success with the one dose treatment for Clindesse. Thanks, Bye

+Quote Post
sassy
post Nov 19 2008, 01:49 PM
Post #1090

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(yme @ Nov 19 2008, 05:20 AM) *
Hi everyone. I went to the doc a couple of days ago and she gave me a script for Clindesse which is a one dose treatment to get rid of BV. I am so nervous. I am so tired of smelling so bad. I tried everything. Even the metro pills with the femdolphis(which by the way put a big hole in my pocket) Anyway anyone had success with the one dose treatment for Clindesse. Thanks, Bye

I would NOT use the Clindesse. I'm pretty sure they are pulling it off the market because it can cause strep to grow in your vagina.

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Nov 19 2008, 01:09 PM
Post #1091

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(yme @ Nov 19 2008, 12:20 AM) *

i've done the clindesse like 3 or 4 times last year with no success. i've had this damn thing for over about 1.5 years and i've tried everything. i don't want to do antibiotics anymore because it doesn't even help and it's making me resistant to the medication...just in case i need to take it later for a different kind of infection. so i had to go natural.....boric acid. i did that for about 2 months. one in the morning and at night, while doing that i would also take femd and nature's reuteri in the middle of the day. to tell you the truth this is the only thing that relieved me of the symptoms of itching and burning and gross discharge. now i'm doing femd vaginally....one at night and i've it's helped alot more vaginally than orally but i still take it by mouth, it wouldn't hurt, i guess. my burning and itching is like 98% gone. every once in awhile i feel a "twitch" but not too bad. the discharge is alot better too, and the smell....well, i smell like femd b/c it does have a certain smell. i'm having sex again too tongue.gif . with a condom though...trojan ultra thin ....so thin i love it and you can't even tell you're using one.

sooo sad

+Quote Post
yme
post Nov 19 2008, 12:20 AM
Post #1092

BUSTie

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Nov 15 2008, 09:07 PM
Post #1093

BUSTie

QUOTE(Grace08 @ Nov 15 2008, 11:48 AM) *
Thanks, Maggie.

I've Googled OMBE but nothing related came up. Do you mind me asking how long ago you purchased it?

It was a couple of years ago. I had a friend in Austria buy it at a local drugstore & ship it to me. Chr Hansen, a company in Denmark, manufactures it. That's all I recall. If I run across anything else, I'll post it.

Maggie c.

+Quote Post
lori
post Nov 15 2008, 05:17 PM
Post #1094

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Grace08 @ Nov 14 2008, 03:02 PM) *
Thanks, Lori. I'm hoping it's that, and as I've only seen it twice and def the first time would have been in sync with when I was "releasing", egg-wise.

I stupidly googled 'spotting' and got links to all these cervical cancer sites, scared myself. As it's contained within the mucasy stuff, I don't think I need to worry. It was a miniscule amount. You know how it is when you analyse every thing that happens down there... Which is a good thing really.

Yeah, I really know what you mean. smile.gif

QUOTE(Grace08 @ Nov 14 2008, 03:02 PM) *
I appreciate all the effort and gusto you've put into your posts and blog. You're the reason I want FemD asap! I know you recommend it should be refridgerated, but as I said before being here in the UK where it's not available in stores means I'll have to have it shipped, un-chilled stylee. I need to try it though. The acidophulus on sale here doesn't contain the two all-important strains found in FemD.

I just wondered if in your research (and anyone else's) you've heard of anyone trying the high alkaline diet? I'm pretty sure no one's mentionned it on this forum.

Cheers,
Grace.

My first two bottles of Fem-D were not stored/shipped refrigerated. But they still helped me. So I would say - it's ideal if it's refrigerated. But not useless if it's not. (After you get them, you should probably store them in the fridge anyway.)

I don't know much about high-alkaline, but it is all the rage in some health circles. A friend of mine even bought an expensive machine that infuses water with alkaline. She insists that I drink a glass everytime I'm over - but I haven't noticed any changes.

So yeah ... not a lot of info. there. But that's all I know about it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grace08
post Nov 15 2008, 11:48 AM
Post #1095

BUSTie

QUOTE(mfc10 @ Nov 15 2008, 02:55 AM) *
Grace---Before FemDophilus was available in the US, I obtained it in Austria. It goes by the brand name OMBE. Perhaps it is also available in other European countries under that name?

Take care,
Maggie C.

Thanks, Maggie.

I've Googled OMBE but nothing related came up. Do you mind me asking how long ago you purchased it?

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Nov 14 2008, 09:55 PM
Post #1096

BUSTie

QUOTE(Grace08 @ Nov 14 2008, 06:02 PM) *
You're the reason I want FemD asap! I know you recommend it should be refridgerated, but as I said before being here in the UK where it's not available in stores means I'll have to have it shipped, un-chilled stylee. I need to try it though. The acidophulus on sale here doesn't contain the two all-important strains found in FemD.
Cheers,
Grace.

Grace---Before FemDophilus was available in the US, I obtained it in Austria. It goes by the brand name OMBE. Perhaps it is also available in other European countries under that name?

Take care,
Maggie C.

+Quote Post
Grace08
post Nov 14 2008, 06:02 PM
Post #1097

BUSTie

Thanks, Lori. I'm hoping it's that, and as I've only seen it twice and def the first time would have been in sync with when I was "releasing", egg-wise.

I stupidly googled 'spotting' and got links to all these cervical cancer sites, scared myself. As it's contained within the mucasy stuff, I don't think I need to worry. It was a miniscule amount. You know how it is when you analyse every thing that happens down there... Which is a good thing really.

I appreciate all the effort and gusto you've put into your posts and blog. You're the reason I want FemD asap! I know you recommend it should be refridgerated, but as I said before being here in the UK where it's not available in stores means I'll have to have it shipped, un-chilled stylee. I need to try it though. The acidophulus on sale here doesn't contain the two all-important strains found in FemD.

I just wondered if in your research (and anyone else's) you've heard of anyone trying the high alkaline diet? I'm pretty sure no one's mentionned it on this forum.

Cheers,
Grace.

+Quote Post
lori
post Nov 14 2008, 05:07 PM
Post #1098

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Grace08 @ Nov 14 2008, 01:49 PM) *
My symptoms are a watery clear discharge with a strong smell, sometimes fishy, sometimes more like amonia. No itching or burning. Often I have a clear gloopy discharge more at the 'front' part of my vagina, only really notice that when I wipe after urinating. (Twice in the past month I've noticed brown specks in that gloopy discharge - and that's worrying me.)

Do you know if that "clear gloopy" discharge is ovulation discharge? The brown specks could be the small amount of blood involved when your ovary releases an egg.

(This is just pure speculation - clear it with your doctor, of course.)

Welcome to the group, Grace.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grace08
post Nov 14 2008, 04:49 PM
Post #1099

BUSTie

(Wow - I sort of feel scared of actually posting... I've been reading this forum for so long... but c'mon Grace, pull yourself together. And maybe stop talking to yourself, it'll give an odd first impression...)

Big Hello and THANK YOU to every lady who has gone before me on this thread. I really have been reading and taking advice from this forum for a long time, maybe 2 years. It's been such an ally and comfort to know I'm not abnormal, because you know the hardest thing about having BV is not feeling like a 'whole/normal' woman, isn't it? You guys have helped ease that, and given me hope. Okay, I'll just give you a rundown of my situation -

I'm 27, have had BV (not diagnosed - more of that in a bit) since I was 18. I'd just come off the pill when I first noticed it, so thought it might be my body rebalancing - but it just never got round to doing that.

My symptoms are a watery clear discharge with a strong smell, sometimes fishy, sometimes more like amonia. No itching or burning. Often I have a clear gloopy discharge more at the 'front' part of my vagina, only really notice that when I wipe after urinating. (Twice in the past month I've noticed brown specks in that gloopy discharge - and that's worrying me.)

It took me almost 2 years from noticing it at 18 to plucking up the courage to go to the doctors. I'd never had full penetrative sex and worried about the process/pain of examination.

So I was 20 years old then, and my (female) doctor tried to do a smear, but I kind of closed up and screamed - she was not amused, and said 'It's no bigger than any penis' - referring to the cold metal instrument in her hand. I couldn't complete the test.

I didn't go back to the doc for another year, so I 21 this time - luckily had a very understanding GYN this time and she used a smaller instrument and lots of reassurance. Results came back positive for Chlamydia - a total shock - I'd only had one boyf and after him a couple of 'foreplay' type encounters - not promiscuous at all - so not fair - but I actually felt relieved because I thought I knew what was causing the discharge.

Took the antibiotics, but the discharge didn't ease up. Everything was the same. Got re-tested after 2 weeks - Chlamydia had disappeared - and everything else was negative too. Felt deflated because I'd expected my discharge to be a symptom of chlamydia and if that had gone, why was I left with the discharge still? Went back for another test 3 weeks later because I just couldn't understand how everything was exactly the same as before - wet pants, fishy odour, you know the drill. Tests came back negative for everything again.

Doc said maybe that was just my natural state - but I found that hard to believe because I wasn't like this before I was 18, I was, well - normal. I soooo miss that dryness!

I haven't been tested for anything since that time, 6 years ago now. I have tried, been in the stirrups all ready to be examined, but I've just freaked out again. I've built the whole process up in my head so much that even though I managed it at 21, it terrifies me now.

I have an amazing boyfriend of almost 7 years. He's supportive and kind and actually doesn't think I smell - but I know I shy away fron being intimate when I know things are worse down there. Still haven't had full penetrative sex, but we make our own fun.

In every other way I feel my life is perfect. But this discharge and odour is always there, even at my happiest I think 'Oh but I'm not entirely happy because...'

That's why I love this place - the research, the ideas, the support eveyone gives - helps make me feel like I can find a way of getting rid of this. I've tried quite a few vitamin/supplements orally because I'm obviously hesitant about putting stuff in me... Nothing I've tried so far has made a difference - but here they are-

Folic Acid
Vit C
Garlic
Vit B complex
Vit B7
Acidopholus

I live in the UK and we can't get FemD sad.gif but I discovered to my absolute joy you can buy it on Ebay and have it shipped over. I doubt it'll be refridgerated - do you think it's still worth a try? I might have to wait til after Xmas when funds aren't so low anyway.

But I just read on another thread that a lady got rid of her smelly discharge by going on a high-alkaline diet - so I'm seriously thinking I might do that. In case anyone's interested in it, here's a chart which guides you on what foods are what: PH Food list

It'll take a bit of planning but it's all healthy stuff and could be worth a go. Has anyone else tried it?

Right, I'll stop there - didn't expect to write so much, must've been cathartic!

Will update any progress I make with the Alkaline diet. I think it's a 80% 20% thing - mainly need to give up the good stuff, coffee, cake, chocolate... and it's nearly Christmas!? ohmy.gif

Cheers guys,
lots of love and luck
Grace.

+Quote Post
lori
post Nov 14 2008, 04:36 PM
Post #1100

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(damselindistress @ Nov 14 2008, 12:39 PM) *
Woah! Somebody needs a stiff drink and a hug tongue.gif

Yeah, like I said, sorry for the bitterness. But maybe you don't know the absolute FUCKING SHIT I've been through in here. The self-appointed "ruling class" of this thread who've decided that they know everything would blast any new or useful information, getting people to believe that all doctors were useless and all prescription drugs didn't work (unless directly shoved into vaginas). The rampant ignorance was rather pathetic.

And no, I didn't enjoy having to fight to make every single point, until people finally started to see reason. But people do not respond to politeness in here, so I've had to break out the yelling and the cussing to get people to fucking listen to facts. So yes, I'm a little prickly and bitter. But I do think it was worth it, because obviously, this stuff is important for people to know. Too bad it took so much fighting and bitching to get people to finally know it.

But ... *deep breath* ... let's focus on getting the information out there. DON'T DISMISS TRICH, PEOPLE! Ages ago, a bustie who now works in an STD clinic proved my theory that Trich is definitely falling through the cracks.

QUOTE(damselindistress @ Nov 14 2008, 12:39 PM) *
Scary thing is, my guy was tested too - his urine and semen both and the doc said all clean. He has symptoms of prostatitis and the infection has caused his "tubes" to be blocked, no sperm int he samples whatsoever. He may be infertile from carrying this infection untreated for so long. Sad, huh? Seriously, I was specifically tested for trich multiple times and always negative. I KNOW he's been faithful; he's a wonderful wonderful man. In my desperation, I've been trying to cure myself instead of the doctor's visits. Just so happens this time I thought I had PID and she said come in. Glad I did, I guess. I know it's annoying, but I guess my advice is KEEP GETTING THOSE TESTS DONE and maybe one of them will finally give you some answers. Wow, still cannot believe it.

Well, again, glad you finally caught it. Let's hope it's finally out of your (and his) systems forever.

--------------------

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 53 54 55 56 57 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 30, 2014 - 08:13 AM