271 Pages V  « < 115 116 117 118 119 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
mfc10
post Dec 31 2007, 05:07 PM
Post #2321

BUSTie

QUOTE(yme30 @ Dec 31 2007, 05:14 PM) *
Hi Mfc10, I wanna thank you for the link you provided, it is always helpful when us ladies get together and share useful information with one another. I thank all the ladies here for being so helpful, friendly,and understanding. Mfc10 how often did you use the suppositories give me the complete 411. Thanks.

I mainly have used the suppositories as a maintenance/preventive method. (I got over repeat cycles of BV & yeast infections, finally, 18 months ago, after using boric acid at night for 2 weeks.) After things cleared up, I would take a tea tree oil suppository, break it in 1/2 and insert it in the morning. I usually wore a panty-liner, but it really didn't make a messy discharge like boric acid does. I did that for months. Then, when I was sure things were under control, I switched to using estrogen cream in the mornings 3 days per week and Sylk lubricant (pH=4.7) on alternate mornings. So far, so good!

Happy New Year,
Maggie

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Dec 31 2007, 04:01 PM
Post #2322

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(chantelhugo @ Dec 31 2007, 07:34 PM) *
I inserted tea tree oil in a capsule 2 nights ago, and I think it gave me a yeast infection??
Jewels, did this happen to you after you used the tea tree? I am a big afraid to try it again...

No, did not get a yeast infection at all. But remember, I said, wouldn't use this if you are raw in any way. I don't think it would feel so good if you were raw!! But, no, in fact, my b.v. is gone again, so, I'm sure I'll have sex again tonight, and I will probably use it after that tonight. But, so far, so good on my end! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
yme30
post Dec 31 2007, 02:57 PM
Post #2323

BUSTie

QUOTE(mfc10 @ Dec 31 2007, 04:39 PM) *
Tea tree oil is a broad-spectrum anti-fungal as well as an anti-bacterial (except for good bacteria, which are not adversely affected by it). Therefore, the tea tree oil itself would help cure, not cause, a yeast infection. What kind of capsule did you use? I personally use the tee tree oil suppositories I provided the link to several messages ago. They've worked well for me.

Best wishes,
Maggie

Hi Mfc10, I wanna thank you for the link you provided, it is always helpful when us ladies get together and share useful information with one another. I thank all the ladies here for being so helpful, friendly,and understanding. Mfc10 how often did you use the suppositories give me the complete 411. Thanks.

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Dec 31 2007, 02:22 PM
Post #2324

BUSTie

QUOTE(chantelhugo @ Dec 31 2007, 03:34 PM) *
I inserted tea tree oil in a capsule 2 nights ago, and I think it gave me a yeast infection??
Jewels, did this happen to you after you used the tea tree? I am a big afraid to try it again...

Tea tree oil is a broad-spectrum anti-fungal as well as an anti-bacterial (except for good bacteria, which are not adversely affected by it). Therefore, the tea tree oil itself would help cure, not cause, a yeast infection. What kind of capsule did you use? I personally use the tee tree oil suppositories I provided the link to several messages ago. They've worked well for me.

Best wishes,
Maggie

+Quote Post
chantelhugo
post Dec 31 2007, 01:17 PM
Post #2325

BUSTie

+Quote Post
yme30
post Dec 31 2007, 12:15 PM
Post #2326

BUSTie

QUOTE(kittykat @ Dec 31 2007, 02:52 AM) *
Lori -- I love your blog!! It is full of a lot of helpful information, you definately did your homework smile.gif

You've got me really interested into researching further into some other possibilities of vaginitis.

Lori, very helpful indeed. Though when I saw that the tea tree oil on your blog did nothing for bv I was somewhat disappointed because I ordered it the other day so now its going to be yet another let down. My doctor's appointment is on the 8th so at least I have that to look forward to. Thanks again Lori and hi to everyone esle. Later

+Quote Post
kittykat
post Dec 31 2007, 12:35 AM
Post #2327

QUOTE(mg86 @ Dec 30 2007, 07:26 AM) *
Thanks for this information...she has some really helpful information. Just what I was looking for...thanks!

Lori -- I love your blog!! It is full of a lot of helpful information, you definately did your homework smile.gif

You've got me really interested into researching further into some other possibilities of vaginitis.

+Quote Post
yme30
post Dec 30 2007, 09:27 PM
Post #2328

BUSTie

QUOTE(Bella10 @ Dec 30 2007, 05:07 PM) *
I too noticed that I have had no problems while on birth control. I was in a relationship for 13 years, broke up and came off the pill and got BV 3 times already. This past week I started up the pill again and my Dr thinks the pill will help because it keeps your hormones at the same level at all times of the month. Lets hope..

Hi Bella which birth control pill are u taking, I am on lovara?? and it makes me sick to my stomach still, many of times I had to leave work early because of the side effects. Being that I had BV since the age of 14 I really do think it could be hormone related because that was the same year of my period. Also are you 100% BV free, if so than I am so happy for you and tell me exactly what you did so I can do it too. Bye for now and thanks for responding to my earlier post.

+Quote Post
Bella10
post Dec 30 2007, 02:50 PM
Post #2329

BUSTie

QUOTE(fotogal @ Dec 29 2007, 09:26 AM) *
I have almost all of my records from the 3 Dr's I've seen about this. I will go back and look to see if those blood tests are in with any of them. I'm sure the RN I saw did those tests b/c she did a lot of blood work checking folic acid, iron, thyroid, etc. She seemed very thorough on the blood, but something to check into! Thanks! Reading on this forum, I seem to recall that I had a lot less trouble when I was on the pill....I may need to do a little checking on my dates, but something to check also! Right now, it just seems that the boric acid, tee trea oil, and HP treatments are not something I need to explore with the pregnancy.....just wondered if anyone else had experienced this with pregnancy and what they did to get through it!

I too noticed that I have had no problems while on birth control. I was in a relationship for 13 years, broke up and came off the pill and got BV 3 times already. This past week I started up the pill again and my Dr thinks the pill will help because it keeps your hormones at the same level at all times of the month. Lets hope..

+Quote Post
Bella10
post Dec 30 2007, 02:45 PM
Post #2330

BUSTie

QUOTE(mg86 @ Dec 28 2007, 10:07 PM) *
Hi everyone,

I am a newbie and thankful to have found this forum. Obviously I am suffering from chronic/recurrent BV, but just to give you a little background...I first noticed symptoms after a long course of antibiotics, and, thinking it was a yeast infection tried to treat myself with over the counter treatments...I eventually made a doctor's visit which began the first of many treatments with Flagyl. I have been to 4 different doctors, 2 of which were OBGYNs. I have been on Flagyl, Metro Gel, and Clindenesse (seems to help the most.)

It is almost always there...except for like one or two days after my period. I have not been to the doctor in several months as I am no longer sexually active and was hoping it would clear up on its own. I recently tried a box of rePHresh which seemed to help a little, but didn't do much. I tried taking some L. Acidopholus capsules orally, which also did not help at all. Someone on another forum, which you may want to check out if you haven't (http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=7675) suggested inserting Stonyfield Farms Organic Plain yogurt (supposed to contain a certain kind of culture), I tried this, which didn't really seem to help, but it is worth a shot.

The biggest culprit for me is the odor. The discharge has DRASTICALLY improved since I first had it a year ago. There is some itching/redness present.

I have been suffering with this condition for a little over a year now. I am 21 years old. Reading other posts and seeing people have suffered for DECADES scares me!

I was wondering if someone could type up a little list of some alternative treatments, I have been doing some reading for months now but I am confused on how/how long to use certain treatments, etc.

Also, can anyone give any advice as to starting a new relationship? I am single at the moment, but I fear for the day when I will have to explain it to someone. The BV surfaced during a relationship that has since ended, and he was very understanding about it.

Thank you so much in advance for any help you can provide.

Hi I too noticed my symptoms after taking antibiotics as well and had a bad BV infection last summer that took 6 weeks to go away. As far as when you enter into a new relationship I was finally diagnosed BV free 9/8 and then got into a relationship at the end of Sept. I too was so paranoid about relapsing and nervous BV was going to sabotage my relationship but so far it hasnt and earlier this month I relapsed. I just told him that woman's bodies are sensitive and the littlist thing can throw off your levels and result in an infection. So far he has been great and understanding. He tells me to eay healthier and reminds me to eat yougurt or take my acidopoulous pills. If you date a meet a guy that is not understanding than he is clearly not worth it. Also when you meet a guy and become sexually active, afterwards either shower or wipe yourself with baby wipes to get any surface bacteria off. As far as any home remedies I am not familiar with them I always run off to the Dr whenever I think I have symptoms I actually just changed gyn's since my old one was not understanding. I just went to my new Dr last Thurs she examined me and took cultures and said she thinks I am BV free but I get the culture results wed so keep your fingers crossed.

+Quote Post
Bella10
post Dec 30 2007, 02:25 PM
Post #2331

BUSTie

QUOTE(yme30 @ Dec 28 2007, 09:45 AM) *
Hi all, I am Yme30, I have been reading here for a little over a month now and I am anxious to post my story. I have had BV since I was a 14 year old virgin, I never thought that one day I would wake up and be plague by BV for the rest of my life, its as if all my innocence was ripped from me yet on the outside I was innocent. I made decent grades, wasn't into boys, and obeyed my parents. It hurts when you have to re-arrange your life as a young teen around a foul smelling odor. Now here I am almost 30, afraid to have sex with anyone afraid to get too close to anyone. Why did this happen to me? Why is there not a strong cure for this BV? Why do women even get this s--t?

Anyway just needed to get these things off my chest and I have a question for Bella, you said you ordered your flagyl from easy-md right? How often did you take it? Congrats on being BV free, oh how I envy you.

I took Flagyl but I didn't order it off the internet I got a prescription from my Dr and got it at the pharmacy. I took 500 mg for 7 days and that seemed to work and then to counter-act against getting a fungal yeast infection from the Flagyl I took a suppository of Gynazol.

+Quote Post
Italianwife88
post Dec 30 2007, 12:30 PM
Post #2332

BUSTie

QUOTE(Bella10 @ Dec 26 2007, 09:58 PM) *
If you don't have a smelly discharge, how do you know you have BV? Disharge is normal and the consistency varies over the course of the month. Everyday about a teaspoon of discharge is released, do you think you are losing more than that? I know sometimes I get crazy of I see any discharge assuming I have BV and then I go to the Dr and they say it is a normal discharge.

QUOTE(ThisSux @ Dec 27 2007, 02:20 AM) *
Why does your hubby get sick when you have unprotected sex. Did the smell make him nauseous? I can't believe there are girls with BV with NO odor. How lucky can you get? I mean, BV sucks, no matter what but I'd rather have a million things wrong with me then smell stanky down there. It's so nasty and gross. How can a guy not be turned off by that? If a guy smelled foul when he took off his pants.....INSTANT TURN OFF!

QUOTE(CanCan @ Dec 28 2007, 09:04 PM) *
Ya, I think that anyone of us that wants to take a bath is taking a chance down there. I always do showers, I took a bath the other day, and two days later had a yeast infection! I haven't had a yeast infection in a very long time. I was on the phone bitching to a girlfriend about it and she told me she had one too! And that she thinks she got it because she was in a jacuzzi the other day! No shit.

Bella, Sorry for the late reply. Yeah I think I used to loose more than that, not right now. Sometimes it would feel like I'd loose that all at once. My discharge has never been grey, its been smelly like fish and even eggs before(?) I wish I had insurance to run to the doctor every time I thought something was wrong sad.gif

This Sux, No he gets sick like, the day after his dick will get red bumps on it...like a male yeast infection or something, he'll have white stuff around his dick and hes not circumcised but i know its not that stuff whatever its called that is suppose to be between there. Yeah I've had odor, but there are times when I know I still have BV but not fully BV and i'll no odor but maybe some really this discharge with some white specs in it. Like right now I'm on CIPRO for a kidney infection and I think I'm going to get a yeast infection.

CanCan, Yeah no more baths for me, what sucks though is the Husband and I are suppose to be going away for 2 days to some cabins in VA for 2 days. It has a jacuzzi and were going to bring our champaign and have lots of sex lol, but I dont want to get sick again. so what can I do? The doctor told me its the chemicals in the hot tubs and pools that do that, and its just the bath tub being dirty that does it. I want to have a good time there but i dont want to come home sick..again. And EVERY time I have a UTI its strickly kidneys. I find that odd.

+Quote Post
mg86
post Dec 30 2007, 09:09 AM
Post #2333

BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Dec 29 2007, 09:15 PM) *
CLICK ON BLOGS, THEN LOOK FOR "LORI'S BLOG". Lori is a member of this thread and has a great blog on everything we all have tried, what's worked, what's not worked, how to use it, etc. You will get alot of good information on there!!!

HI LORI!!! IF YOU'RE LURKING!!! tongue.gif

Thanks for this information...she has some really helpful information. Just what I was looking for...thanks!

+Quote Post
jularee
post Dec 30 2007, 01:49 AM
Post #2334

BUSTie

QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 29 2007, 05:06 PM) *
Are the meds just like what we get with a prescription- or are they different? I ask because I remember someone saying their Flagyl was yellow...and they werent sure it was the right med.
I am thinking of ordering another round of Flagyl from the site to keep here as backup.

i ordered mine from there and they worked fine. they were little yellow round pills instead of the white capsules i was used to seeing. i knew it was the real deal once i started to experience stomach cramps, nausea, and the infamous metallic taste in my mouth.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Dec 29 2007, 07:58 PM
Post #2335

Hardcore BUSTie

CLICK ON BLOGS, THEN LOOK FOR "LORI'S BLOG". Lori is a member of this thread and has a great blog on everything we all have tried, what's worked, what's not worked, how to use it, etc. You will get alot of good information on there!!!

HI LORI!!! IF YOU'RE LURKING!!! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
mg86
post Dec 29 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #2336

BUSTie

glitzz - thanks for your reply... I have read about others using the boric acid. How did you use it exactly? And how often?

konphusion26 - Flagyl is the worst! I always feel horribly nauseous when I take it...I can barely eat. It also gives your mouth a nasty taste. I hate Flagyl! LOL

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Dec 29 2007, 03:17 PM
Post #2337

Hardcore BUSTie

Yeah i ordered my flagyl from there, its yellow. Has anyone gotten nauseous taking this stuff????? I just took one and now i feel like shyt. I dont know if its the weather change/sinusitis or if its from that flagyl. I feel like i've been run over by a bus. LOL

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Dec 29 2007, 02:49 PM
Post #2338

BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Dec 29 2007, 12:16 AM) *
Hi Neverending! When I ordered from the easy-md site I got my meds in about 10 days just as the website promised. I figured it would take several weeks for it to arrive considering it was being shipped from overseas, so I was very surprised when it actually came on time.

Are the meds just like what we get with a prescription- or are they different? I ask because I remember someone saying their Flagyl was yellow...and they werent sure it was the right med.
I am thinking of ordering another round of Flagyl from the site to keep here as backup.

--------------------
"Insanity is the only sane reaction to an insane society. -Thomas Szas

+Quote Post
yme30
post Dec 29 2007, 08:34 AM
Post #2339

BUSTie

Hi members, I just found out via email from easy.md.com that my order for flagyl didn't process for the 8th time so maybe its a sign, so I made the dreaded decision to go to the doctor soon after all the new years hoopla. I am still waiting on my tea tree oil from vitacost though, and I hope that helps. Going to the doctor yet again to get all poked and prodded. Forget the war in Iraq theres an on-going battle thats raging inside of me right now, HELP!!! I know, TMI. Bye for now.

+Quote Post
fotogal
post Dec 29 2007, 08:09 AM
Post #2340

QUOTE(CanCan @ Dec 28 2007, 07:13 PM) *
Have you ever had your progesterone levels tested? My OB/GYN gave me a prescription for progesterone vaginal gel - it helps prevent miscarriages. It also helps with estrogen dominant BV.

I have almost all of my records from the 3 Dr's I've seen about this. I will go back and look to see if those blood tests are in with any of them. I'm sure the RN I saw did those tests b/c she did a lot of blood work checking folic acid, iron, thyroid, etc. She seemed very thorough on the blood, but something to check into! Thanks! Reading on this forum, I seem to recall that I had a lot less trouble when I was on the pill....I may need to do a little checking on my dates, but something to check also! Right now, it just seems that the boric acid, tee trea oil, and HP treatments are not something I need to explore with the pregnancy.....just wondered if anyone else had experienced this with pregnancy and what they did to get through it!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 115 116 117 118 119 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 31, 2014 - 04:38 AM