Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 245 246 247 248 249 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
sassy
post Sep 1 2006, 09:18 AM
Post #4921

Hardcore BUSTie

The boric acid is still working great for me. No problems with that. It makes the smell go away in one day. I usually use it once or twice a week. I don't know about the detergent. I don't think it would really help since I think BV is related a lot to sex as well.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neverending
post Sep 1 2006, 08:17 AM
Post #4922

Hardcore BUSTie

Has anybody else tried the unscented detergent?I think that might have something to do with some of it.Have you all heard that commercial that says something like"Whats worse than having your house smell like fish? Having your house smell like fish and flowers".I guess thats what scented detergent does.(makes it worse) Also is anybody here still self-conscious even when using the Boric acid. I swear I wear powder, feminine spray, monistat moisture control,and I use the boric acid but I still feel afraid to walk past someone or if I hear someone say something about bath or something of that nature I feel very self-conscious.I know I don't smell but i'm always thinking "what if I do?".How do you all deal with this and how do you know if you smell or not because I don't even know whats normal anymore?

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Aug 30 2006, 09:49 PM
Post #4923

Hardcore BUSTie

Sassy, how's the boric going and how much, when ect. I went off mine just to see what would happen. No sex for me for a while, so we will see

+Quote Post
sassy
post Aug 30 2006, 06:07 PM
Post #4924

Hardcore BUSTie

Emma22...I understand your frustration. Although I'm in a sexual relationship now...I've had BV even when I was still a virgin. It's a very mysterious and stupid infection!

+Quote Post
Emma22
post Aug 30 2006, 04:20 PM
Post #4925

see i dont understand wat im doing wrong cos i dont have sex or wear thongs. i dont smoke, i eat a healthy diet and i wash "down there" very frequently with water and non perfumed soaps.

I dont understandddddddddddddddd

+Quote Post
neverending
post Aug 30 2006, 04:11 PM
Post #4926

Hardcore BUSTie

D double U: I got that glop of crap too but only when I used Garlic as a Suppository.I thought "why in the hell do I have to go through this crap".I never heard of thongs causing BV but I did hear that thongs helps BV grow because of the moist environment.Thats why I stopped wearing thongs.(unless I know my husband will come home & want some. Then I pull out the pretty stuff!)

+Quote Post
sassy
post Aug 29 2006, 08:32 PM
Post #4927

Hardcore BUSTie

I don't smoke. I think I eat rather healthy as well...I've been a vegetarian for the past 7 years. I do drink occasionally but I've never seen that affect whether or not I have BV. As for the soap issue...I've tried not using soap, using it only around the outside of my vagina, tried unscented soap, etc...it doesn't matter, I still get BV. I'm pretty sure sex will always bring it back and since I don't intend giving up sex, I don't know what else to do to prevent it. If I have to use boric acid until I find something better, so be it. I'm at my witts end and at least the boric acid makes me smell normal.

+Quote Post
D double U
post Aug 29 2006, 08:19 PM
Post #4928

BUSTie

So far, Ive only used the Boic acid three times and I really haven't had a problem since. EXCEPT for Sunday. I was doin Tae Bo and it was really rigorous. I was wearing a thong at the time and when I went to take a shower, there was a huge glop of white discharge!!! I didn't have a smell tho.... I immediately inserted a BA capsule and I've been fine ever since. It was just a weird experience I guess. A doctor once told me not to wear thongs because the rubbing from the anus into the vagina causes BV. What do you guys think about that??

+Quote Post
ittybittyhiney
post Aug 29 2006, 07:21 PM
Post #4929

I've been using Boric for awhile now since the second week of July. And I have found that if I stop using it, the smell does come back. I have to confess to you all that I did completely stop using it and went on Flagyl, 500MG, once a day. The only reason I did this is because I won't be seeing my boyfriend for another 2 weeks, which means no sex for a total of 3-4 weeks. And I figured since the boric was taking it away, and not keeping it away, I might as well try the antibiotic to see if that helps. Also, the Boric took away the fish smell, but I still had a sort of rotten smell down there. Not during sex, just at times that I would test it to see if there was a smell. Almost smells like poop, but NOT THAT bad. So, as far as the Boric, it seems to me that unless we change our other habits like for me, smoking and coffee, the boric probably won't work 100% because of those other issues. Sassy, what has your experience been? You don't smoke do you??

Oh, also, since I've been on the Flagyl, the rotten smell is gone. I think I needed the antibiotic, however, I know I will need to go back on the Boric to atleast keep the fish smell away.

+Quote Post
latinrican
post Aug 29 2006, 12:25 PM
Post #4930

BUSTie

Hey Neverending...

I used Boric Acid for the first time last week and the smell stopped; however, my period just came on, so I can't really say if I need to keep putting Boric Acid in after my period. I did notice that once I started using unscented soap and detergent that my BV wasnt so strong as it was before. I'll know more once my period goes away if I need more Boric Acid.

+Quote Post
musicfit
post Aug 29 2006, 11:48 AM
Post #4931

Latanrican, I just use water. The doctor actually recommended that I not use any substance to wash myself 'down there.' Everything I have used to wash that area has ended up giving me an infection, except for plain water.

+Quote Post
pepper
post Aug 29 2006, 10:06 AM
Post #4932

after that boyfriend who liked me all au naturelle i stopped using soap down there too. maybe that's why the bv only lasts for a couple of days for me? it is definately sperm related with me too, especially if it was crazy sex and my bits are all irritated, these days that's just as likely to turn into yeast for me though which has never happened until this year.
i have had some serious dietary changes in the last 1-2 years though, i have been eating way, way more dairy and grains, foods that i never really liked but have around for convenience since our schedule has gotten hairy. i drink more alcohol and caffeine too and my sleeping habits aren't as good.

well, no duh things aren't working as well as they used to eh? luckily i'm still really healthy by any standards but i KNOW that if i clean my act up my kitty imbalances will clean up too. just gotta find a way to do everything i have to do in half the time. ha.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Aug 29 2006, 08:31 AM
Post #4933

Hardcore BUSTie

How many people are using Boric acid and how long have you been using it?Also do you think if you stopped using the Boric acid the BV will come back?I'm afraid to stop using the boric acid.I insert two a day.Is that too much? blink.gif

+Quote Post
latinrican
post Aug 29 2006, 07:32 AM
Post #4934

BUSTie

Hey Musicfit...

I have also started using unscented laundry detergent and unscented dove soap...what are u using to wash down there?

+Quote Post
musicfit
post Aug 28 2006, 10:59 PM
Post #4935

Today I found out that I no longer have bv! I have finally beat it after years of trouble. One of the things I did was start using unscented laundry detergent. I also do not use soap when I wash my vagina or my anal area. I have also started using Astro Guide as a lubricant because KY just wasn't doing it to me, since it gets too sticky. So far, that's about all I've done.

I'm glad you are all finding ways to beat it.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Aug 25 2006, 08:34 PM
Post #4936

Hardcore BUSTie

Yeah, Sassy is right!! For all is different. For me, it's the sperm. And it's a definate for me!!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Aug 25 2006, 03:28 PM
Post #4937

Hardcore BUSTie

I got on board with the boric acid and I'll have to say that this is a great method to use.No smell after sex or anything!I used boric acid before(prescribed) but it did'nt work as well as me putting it together myself.(very odd)Anyway this is great stuff!
Thanx ladies smile.gif

+Quote Post
sassy
post Aug 25 2006, 11:18 AM
Post #4938

Hardcore BUSTie

It may make it worse, but for me the sperm alone doesn't cause my BV. I use condoms with my fiancee and I still get BV. I will say that when I don't use condoms with him, I notice a BV smell a lot faster...but either way, I still get it.

+Quote Post
dani837
post Aug 25 2006, 09:07 AM
Post #4939

Hardcore BUSTie

You know what, that might be it.
Like one month ago, I had sex with the boy, and I don't know why we used a condom(ooo now that I remember, he was super horny and he didn't want to come fast so he used a condom). Anyways, when we were done he grabbed it and threw it into the trash can. One/two days later,(I have totally forgotten about the condom in the trashcan) something in my room was smelling WEIRD, liek disgusting rotten milk or SOMETHING, I was like ewww wtf is that smell coming from! Then I found out: it was the condom! his spunk was smellin funky! I almost PUKED i swear god! Then like 1 week ago, he used a condom again, threw it again and 1 day later it was smelling HORRIBLE. So yeah girls, I think their spunk is the cause.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Aug 24 2006, 11:12 PM
Post #4940

Hardcore BUSTie

YEAH!! BORIC ACID!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I'm so happy everyone is having such great success!! smile.gif As far as how long you have to use it, nobody really can say for sure. However, what seems to be working for most is twice a week and ALWAYS after sex!! Cause it seems to me that our man's little [i]swimmers are the [b]CAUSE for MOST of us!!!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 245 246 247 248 249 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 23, 2014 - 03:39 AM