The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

211 Pages V  « < 41 42 43 44 45 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
auralpoison
post Dec 15 2010, 04:08 AM
Post #841

Big Fat Bitch

H&M = Hennes & Moritz. I'm just bitter the bastards don't let US/CA customers shop online.

Glad to hear you are doing so well, Spot-On! I'd like to say that I think we all appreciate your candor in answering questions regarding your surgery.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wondermist
post Dec 14 2010, 11:00 PM
Post #842

BUSTie

Ah, that's so fantastic that you're doing well, spot-on! I hope the good news keeps on coming (or should I say lack of bad news?).

I'd really like to thank you all for your input. I've finally finished reading all of the pages (whew!) of this thread and it's helped me greatly. Though I'm still a bit saddened and a bit angry at myself for feeling so down when I've so many wonderful things in my life and there were literally almost NO influence to get me to dislike my breasts. Seems so irrational. (Wrote hate but changed it. Catching yourself is kind of hard.)

But, again, thank you all. Before, I had many thoughts of suicide and self mutilation that I played out in my head, not always centering around breasts, and they've become extremely rare that I find that thinking whenever it crops up to be extremely disturbing and try to get myself away from that mindset. (Needless to say, I've horrible insecurities.) I never acted upon these thoughts. I feel as if I've made great progress to try and love other people's beauty, though it seems to have back-lashed and I'm thinking negatively? I negate those thoughts right away and find something beautiful about them, but I still find it terrible that I even think negative thoughts about them.

*Ramble Over*

Just saw a commercial for H&M featuring two beautiful smaller breasted ladies advertising some valeur sweater or something, though it was kind of strange since it looked like the girl in the back was groping the other girls shoulders.

Does H&M stand for anything?

--------------------
Alack alack. Quack quack, said the duck.

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post Dec 14 2010, 03:22 PM
Post #843

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(spot-on @ Dec 14 2010, 02:29 PM) *
Yes I did, and then some! I think some girls go into this too lightly and just think "Oh I'll get a boob job", let the first surgeon they meet do it and don't research anything. But this is a HUGE undertaking for me, I'm the kind of person that has to have ALL the facts. I've spent a LOT of time on google looking at augmentation info, pro's/cons, risks, and boob pics wink.gif Maybe I should upgrade my status from booby perv to booby expert?

Oh geeez, yeah. I would be thinking long and hard before going under the knife for anything! Ha ha... boobie expert! Pretty much... wink.gif

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Dec 14 2010, 02:29 PM
Post #844

Hardcore BUSTie

Yes I did, and then some! I think some girls go into this too lightly and just think "Oh I'll get a boob job", let the first surgeon they meet do it and don't research anything. But this is a HUGE undertaking for me, I'm the kind of person that has to have ALL the facts. I've spent a LOT of time on google looking at augmentation info, pro's/cons, risks, and boob pics wink.gif Maybe I should upgrade my status from booby perv to booby expert?

QUOTE(karategrrl @ Dec 14 2010, 10:11 AM) *
Thanks!! I must say, the more I read of your posts, the more it's obvious you REALLY did your research.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Dec 14 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #845

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks!! I must say, the more I read of your posts, the more it's obvious you REALLY did your research.

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Dec 14 2010, 10:24 AM
Post #846

Hardcore BUSTie

I said I would answer ANY question and I will, regardless, so please ask away!

From my research, price mostly differs according to region. I've heard prices as low as $4k and as high as $9k (new york area). Also it's going to be about $1k more for silicone implants than salines, just as an FYI. Really it depends on the area, like I said. But also other factors like education, whether they are plastic/cosmetic surgeon (you WANT plastic not cosmetic surgeon, and ensure they are board certified in PLASTIC surgery), and I've read horror stories of people going to Thailand etc for a $3k surgery.

I live in Southern California, I had consults with 3 surgeons in my area. Each gave me a price of around $6500 - $6900 for silicone. I actually ended up choosing the Dr that was the highest ($6900) purely because I felt he had the best results, best qualifications, best staff, location, surgery results, beside manner, and I just felt like he knew what *I* wanted from the surgery. I also felt like he was the most forthcoming with information, put me at ease more, and honestly I just 'clicked' with him. Ironically he was my first choice from seeing his gallery online, but I couldn't get in to see him till after I saw the other two. By then I knew what I DIDN'T want in a surgeon. The first Dr was ok, had all the same qualifications etc but I just didn't seem to gel with him that well on a personality level. 2nd wasn't board certified, and was only interested in doing salines, via belly button incision (I needed silicone) so that again we just weren't on the same wavelength, plus I didn't like the location or the office. The third like I said, we just gelled on that first consult. This was a HUGE decision for me and I wasn't going to have just anyone do the surgery, my husband was eager to go to Beverly Hills but as soon as I had my consult with Dr S, I just knew he was the guy. All his gallery results look natural and that's what I wanted.

QUOTE(karategrrl @ Dec 14 2010, 05:28 AM) *
Hey spot-on, if you don't want to answer this tactless question, please don't. But I was wondering how much your procedure cost. Hope you don't mind my asking, but I've heard prices all over the board, plus with inflation (no pun intended, hee hee) each year you don't have a real point of reference when you read old online implant stories.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Dec 14 2010, 08:28 AM
Post #847

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey spot-on, if you don't want to answer this tactless question, please don't. But I was wondering how much your procedure cost. Hope you don't mind my asking, but I've heard prices all over the board, plus with inflation (no pun intended, hee hee) each year you don't have a real point of reference when you read old online implant stories.

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Dec 13 2010, 11:09 AM
Post #848

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh yes I'll definitely be interested in that myself! I won't be back working out for another couple of weeks yet! But I will report in here with a full report wink.gif

Weirdly time appropriate after talking about sensation yesterday but lots of feeling came back in my nipples yesterday afternoon!!! Feels like sore nipples you get sometimes during your period (mine were almost always super sensitive and sore 1-2 days prior to my period). There is still a numbing of the boobs above the incision-nipple. Guessing that is gonna take longer to come back.

Last night I wore a tightish t-shirt over my sports bra when we went out to eat. Oh Boy do I have some boobs now! They have the same projection as the VS +2 size bra, BUT they shape is different. Those bra's tend to be conical? IRL the boobs are fuller and rounder compared. So those bra's will give you an idea of size but not really shape.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Dec 13 2010, 09:22 AM
Post #849

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi spot-on,

I know it's probably too early to report this, but with the implants under the pec muscle, I'm curious how they will look when you're doing pec exercises at the gym--like, will they squash the implant when they are flexed? Always wondered about that. I know you won't be back at the gym soon, but when you are, inquiring minds want to know! smile.gif

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post Dec 12 2010, 11:20 PM
Post #850

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(discowombat @ Dec 12 2010, 01:00 AM) *
Hi Spot On,

I'm glad to hear that your surgery and recovery is going well. This may be too personal, so if you don't want to answer that's fine, but did you lose any sensation after your surgery? That is one of my biggest fears about the idea of augmentation. Also, what do silicone implants do when you lay down? Do they flatten out a bit or stand straight up? Sorry, just curious. Obviously I've never had to chance to ask anyone else these types of things.

Yeah. I guess as long as you are comfortable that is the most important thing... And I am really curious about the breat sensitivity thing too! That would also be a concern for me also. Def one of the most fav thing about my booblets! smile.gif

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Dec 12 2010, 01:19 PM
Post #851

Hardcore BUSTie

I think that's one of the things that finally got to me. Not the Kardashians cos honestly I watch very little TV usually, but seeing women in the gym who I train and they have they great boobs and hourglass figures.

I've since found out the reason I am healing fast is due to a process called "flash recovery". Most of the surgery is done by cauterizing not scalpel, less bleeding, and one of the recovery factors is MOVEMENT.So far I'd definitely recommend this method!

I measured myself this morning. Previously I was 34A/32B depending on the bra, so far I am a 34C/32D, not sure how the implants dropping and softening will affect that. I'm still amazed at how they can look small and yet HUGE. I've read a lot about women getting emotional or depressed after breast augmentation, and I think I can understand that to an extent, though haven't experienced it myself. I am used the size now in clothes, though I haven't worn anything tight or revealing (maybe that will change my mind!) but naked they look ginormous but naked was my issue before, I had nothing above the nipple so the change naked is drastic. To someone who only saw me in a push-up/padded bra they probably wouldn;t even notice a difference!

QUOTE(buttercups @ Dec 11 2010, 11:44 PM) *
Up sick with an upset stomach and stupidly decided to turn on Keeping up with the Kardashians. Now not only do I feel sick, but I have serious Kim boob envy. Her body is so amazing I would give anything to look like that. This show is definitely a trigger into boobie negativity for me. Feelin jealous Spot-on, maybe I need to consider something like that. It seems like you've done really well with everything (thank god) and I feel a little more encouraged towards considering it...

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Dec 12 2010, 01:06 PM
Post #852

Hardcore BUSTie

I will answer ANY questions for you all! I figure this is what we need right? And honestly I wish I'd had someone to ask!

I'm only 5 days out and can't NOT wear a bra right now, but every Plastic Surgeon is different some advocate wearing bra's others don't, some get you wearing a strap over the tops of the boobs to push the implants down, other say nope. I',m wearing a sports bra most the time now. When I lie down they do go to the sides a little already so kinda happy they act a little bit natural, though mine are still a little high and a little firm, though they are getting softer every day. I won't know how they act 'normally' until they drop fully and soften up.

As for sensation, yes I feel my boobs but not 100% right now, though again I am only 5 days post-op. My nerves are firing back up though as I've had some buzzing sensations in part of my boobs as the nerves kick in. I opted for crease incision cos I didn't want increase risk of loss of nipple sensation. But yes I definitely have sensation there, not 100% right now, but that comes back as the body settles. I won't know for sure about permanant loss of sensation till 3-6 months time.

QUOTE(discowombat @ Dec 11 2010, 10:00 PM) *
Hi Spot On,

I'm glad to hear that your surgery and recovery is going well. This may be too personal, so if you don't want to answer that's fine, but did you lose any sensation after your surgery? That is one of my biggest fears about the idea of augmentation. Also, what do silicone implants do when you lay down? Do they flatten out a bit or stand straight up? Sorry, just curious. Obviously I've never had to chance to ask anyone else these types of things.

+Quote Post
buttercups
post Dec 12 2010, 02:44 AM
Post #853

Hardcore BUSTie

Up sick with an upset stomach and stupidly decided to turn on Keeping up with the Kardashians. Now not only do I feel sick, but I have serious Kim boob envy. Her body is so amazing I would give anything to look like that. This show is definitely a trigger into boobie negativity for me. Feelin jealous Spot-on, maybe I need to consider something like that. It seems like you've done really well with everything (thank god) and I feel a little more encouraged towards considering it...

+Quote Post
discowombat
post Dec 12 2010, 01:00 AM
Post #854

BUSTie

Hi Spot On,

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Dec 11 2010, 12:48 PM
Post #855

Hardcore BUSTie

Well I look at it the same as gynecologists, they see womens parts all day. I also have a woman gynecologists but thats a personal choice for that dept, I figure women know better than men what's what down there wink.gif For breasts I think a guys opinion would be good, but yes I see your point. I guess it depends on the person and the dr. I just felt comfortable with this guy *shrug*

QUOTE(KeraBear @ Dec 10 2010, 12:36 PM) *
I have always wondered though and this is off surgery topic, about male doctors and breasts. I imagine they are trained to see it like an elbow or something? But at the end of the day, he is still a male and most males like breasts on SOME level you know? How do you turn something like that off? I have a girl doctor so it is a non issue for me, but i have always wondered.

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post Dec 10 2010, 03:36 PM
Post #856

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(spot-on @ Dec 10 2010, 12:18 PM) *
When the surgeons go in they create a pocket in the muscle for the implant to sit in, unfortunately the top part of the pec muscle holds on too told initially to the implant preventing it from sitting into the pocket correctly so the implants are higher than they should be. Gravity takes over, and the pecs release a little and implants settle into their pocket. In the BA 'clique" it's called "dropping and fluffing" as the implant drops and gets bigger on the bottom part.

My husband was there when he massaged the breast, and honestly they call it massage but it's NOT a massage! Basically I squeeze underside of the boob then push up to the collarbone so the implant rises and falls in the pocket. Not a massage IMO but that's what they call it. DH and I call it booby squeezes!

As for the Dr being a lover of massage I simply meant he advocates the massage technique for creating soft and natural looking implants, not that he enjoys massaging (I never meant to imply that!). What I meant is that not all surgeons do the massage thing. Mine believes that it helps the implant soften up, removes fluid, and prevents complications. He believes that moving helps them settle faster and honestly from experiences I've read on forums my recovery has been MUCh quicker than others! I've walked 1 mile in the morning/evening since the evening of day 1 post op! Other women have been laid up on their backs for a whole week! so what I meant is he advocates MOVEMENT and massaging, he loves the concept that it helps with quicker recovery, less complications etc

Day 2-3
Took a shower day 2, managed to wash hair, and body except for my back which my husband did for me. I slept the whole night last night, waking up at 5.30am to use the bathroom. Then back to bed till 8am. Walked with DH for a mile after breakfast and just switched into sports bra for the first time. Now to get some work done online. Cut down on Motrin today, just having 1 every 4 hours. Honestly don't think I need that really

Ooooooooooooh, okay! I thought it was something like that. Thanks. As for the doc "loving" it, I guess it just could have been worded differently. That does make sense.

I have always wondered though and this is off surgery topic, about male doctors and breasts. I imagine they are trained to see it like an elbow or something? But at the end of the day, he is still a male and most males like breasts on SOME level you know? How do you turn something like that off? I have a girl doctor so it is a non issue for me, but i have always wondered.

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Dec 10 2010, 01:00 PM
Post #857

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi karategrrl
Yep I think it all varies depending on the surgeon too. Mine had me up and about doing stretches the day of surgery. other surgeons say not to move at all. But that's the old thinking IMO, like they used to say lie flat on your back for 2 weeks if you had back pain, now they say to MOVE kwim?

It's day 3 post op I can move my arms freely overhead, and reach behind me (I do that hourly) and honestly I believe THAT is the biggest factor in my recovery. I also thing much of it depends on your tolerence for pain/discomfort. Honestly to me the only pain I had was waking up, and the bruising on my ribs/sternum, but that was only if I pressed on my skin, other than that just like I did a strenuous workout really, post workout soreness. Personally the damn IV going in hurt more than the surgery IMO. I'm getting my own breakfast, walking in the morning with DH and the dogs, then doing computer work in the morning, lunch, then watching tv in the afternoon. Walk in the evenings and then bed. So sure it's a LOT less than I'd normally do, but for 3 days post-op I really think the difference has been MOVEMENT like my surgeon advised. For example today I have on a sports bra (overhead entry, no clasps) and a t-shirt. Got it all on myself too!

I think this just goes to show that not everyone is the same, not all of us are going to get the same experience that we see on documentaries etc. Personally I put it all down to moving as per surgeons recommendations. I know the difference between pain, and nerves firing up and discomfort. You can move through discomfort.

Honestly I feel like I could do more if the Dr would let me but I'm not allowed to elevate my heart rate over a certain amount till week 3 due to the risk of bleeding. I feel great though honestly. I've been doing small jobs around the house like filling/emptying the dishwasher and preparing some foods, though some things are still not on my job list like lifting etc but all in all I am amazed! Cos like you I'd seen some pretty tough recovery stories and am just so glad I went with the Dr I did!

QUOTE(karategrrl @ Dec 10 2010, 09:14 AM) *
Hi spot-on. I'm SO glad you sound so good. I admit, I was more worried than I let on. You seemed determined to have the surgery so I wan't gonna discourage you. wink.gif I'm pretty surprised, actually, as I've heard some pretty scary post-op stories, and seen some poor ladies post-op in documentaries, where they were just in severe pain afterward. I can't believe you're sitting up at the computer and going for walks(!!!). I wonder how much of that comes from your already being in great shape and health. I am relieved for you!

Keep the updates coming, and god bless!

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Dec 10 2010, 12:18 PM
Post #858

Hardcore BUSTie

When the surgeons go in they create a pocket in the muscle for the implant to sit in, unfortunately the top part of the pec muscle holds on too told initially to the implant preventing it from sitting into the pocket correctly so the implants are higher than they should be. Gravity takes over, and the pecs release a little and implants settle into their pocket. In the BA 'clique" it's called "dropping and fluffing" as the implant drops and gets bigger on the bottom part.

My husband was there when he massaged the breast, and honestly they call it massage but it's NOT a massage! Basically I squeeze underside of the boob then push up to the collarbone so the implant rises and falls in the pocket. Not a massage IMO but that's what they call it. DH and I call it booby squeezes!

As for the Dr being a lover of massage I simply meant he advocates the massage technique for creating soft and natural looking implants, not that he enjoys massaging (I never meant to imply that!). What I meant is that not all surgeons do the massage thing. Mine believes that it helps the implant soften up, removes fluid, and prevents complications. He believes that moving helps them settle faster and honestly from experiences I've read on forums my recovery has been MUCh quicker than others! I've walked 1 mile in the morning/evening since the evening of day 1 post op! Other women have been laid up on their backs for a whole week! so what I meant is he advocates MOVEMENT and massaging, he loves the concept that it helps with quicker recovery, less complications etc

Day 2-3
Took a shower day 2, managed to wash hair, and body except for my back which my husband did for me. I slept the whole night last night, waking up at 5.30am to use the bathroom. Then back to bed till 8am. Walked with DH for a mile after breakfast and just switched into sports bra for the first time. Now to get some work done online. Cut down on Motrin today, just having 1 every 4 hours. Honestly don't think I need that really

QUOTE(KeraBear @ Dec 9 2010, 02:16 PM) *
Hi Spot-on! Glad to hear it went well! Hope you are back to your awesome normal active self soon! I have a question... what do you mean by dropping into the pocket? I am confused about that.

Wasn't it sorta awkward having the doc massage your breasts? Seems like it would be... and him saying that he he loves doing that... what did you mean by that? Just wondering. It seemed like an odd thing. Thanks!

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Dec 10 2010, 12:14 PM
Post #859

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi spot-on. I'm SO glad you sound so good. I admit, I was more worried than I let on. You seemed determined to have the surgery so I wan't gonna discourage you. wink.gif I'm pretty surprised, actually, as I've heard some pretty scary post-op stories, and seen some poor ladies post-op in documentaries, where they were just in severe pain afterward. I can't believe you're sitting up at the computer and going for walks(!!!). I wonder how much of that comes from your already being in great shape and health. I am relieved for you!

Keep the updates coming, and god bless!

+Quote Post
KeraBear
post Dec 9 2010, 05:16 PM
Post #860

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi Spot-on! Glad to hear it went well! Hope you are back to your awesome normal active self soon! I have a question... what do you mean by dropping into the pocket? I am confused about that.

Wasn't it sorta awkward having the doc massage your breasts? Seems like it would be... and him saying that he he loves doing that... what did you mean by that? Just wondering. It seemed like an odd thing. Thanks!

+Quote Post

211 Pages V  « < 41 42 43 44 45 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 22, 2014 - 07:40 AM