Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cuss and Discussion of Skin Care items
raisingirl
post Jun 17 2009, 09:55 AM
Post #21

PANTIES! ew.

It's coarser than Coalface, exfoliates more (a little too much -- personally, I don't think I could use it every day because it's a little rough), but it is BLACK BLACK BLACK. I don't like to have to clean up the sink and the counter after washing my face, so I threw out the sample after using it a couple of times. Try it and let us know what you think!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
angelle321
post Jun 17 2009, 09:49 AM
Post #22

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm curious about the new Dark Angels stuff. I think I'll have to get a sample when I go to Chicago in a couple weeks. Other than the mess, how does it feel? I use Coalface now and it works pretty well for me.

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Jun 17 2009, 09:18 AM
Post #23

PANTIES! ew.

CCG, I also got a sample of Dark Angels. It is supposed to be good for my type of skin, but HOLY MOTHER OF COD does it make a gigantic black mess. You've been warned.

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Jun 17 2009, 12:00 AM
Post #24

Hardcore BUSTie

My absolute favourite skincare product appears to have been discontinued and I'm having trouble finding something that compares. It was the Aveeno oatmeal complexion bar - not the moisturizing oatmeal bar, which is still available, and not the new complexion bar, which is a standard, perfumey, chemically, drying soap that my outrageously sensitive skin hates. The one I want was quite oatmealy and had a silty texture - not scrubby, but not too slippery - and was completely scentless and gentle. The oatmeal did the work, not the soap, so it dried out my blackheads and smoothed out my skin without overdrying it or overwhelming it with chemically soapy stuff. I have never had better skin than I did when I had that soap, and I was incredibly dismayed when I discovered I couldn't get it anymore. I've tried some of Aveeno's other products, but it appears that they've been bought out by a company that's more about marketable cosmetic products than gentle stuff for unfortunate people like me who break out in a rash at the touch of soap. I've been using the St. Ives apricot scrub, which is fantastic, but still too strong for me, and my skin is getting rough and blackheady. I'm so fed up now I'm thinking of making my own special soap. Suggestions?

--------------------
To be free one must give up a little part of oneself.

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Jun 16 2009, 11:37 PM
Post #25

Hardcore BUSTie

I've never used Angels on Bare Skin but apparently they have a new facial soap coming out called Dark Angels or something and it's supposed to be a combo of Angels and Coalface. I might try it out.

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Jun 16 2009, 12:09 PM
Post #26

PANTIES! ew.

Bump.

So, speaking of Lush, have any of you used Angels on Bare Skin lately? I got a sample from them, used it for a week, and I'm kind of not thrilled about its consistency and pinching off a bit of it, working it into a paste in the palm of my hand with a bit of water, and then smearing it on my face. No matter how little I used (because at first I thought I was using too much), it just sort of flaked off my face as I rubbed it in. What's the point of that? Did I just get an especially dry sample or is this how it always is? Anyone have any tips? I might just go back to Coalface.

+Quote Post
sarasota
post Feb 7 2008, 07:51 PM
Post #27

BUSTie

i cant say it enough, i totally love LUSH products. i use herbalism face wash/mask/scrub and it is amazing! their bath bombs are so yummy too, and make your skin so soft.

not to sound like an ad here smile.gif

+Quote Post
adnarim
post Feb 6 2008, 08:57 PM
Post #28

BUSTie

I agree, Dr. Bronner's soaps rock! Plus they clean everything - hair, body, baby, dog, kitchen counter, floor, car....Can't beat it.

+Quote Post
sexysandee
post Feb 5 2008, 08:16 AM
Post #29

Hardcore BUSTie

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/brow...AUNE?id=DR-1007

I love this soap wink.gif

--------------------

"This could be the very minute
I'm aware I'm alive
All these places feel like home"

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Jan 23 2008, 06:30 AM
Post #30

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

Benetint is fabulous but I'm a Benefit whore wink.gif.

Be careful though if you're accident-prone/apply make up hurriedly as there's no way it would come out if you spilled it. I have an even harder time as I have the pocket pal, which is benetint and gloss in the same tube (v handy!)

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
ambersienna mari...
post Jan 23 2008, 12:01 AM
Post #31

BUSTie

i love sephora. too bad its so bad expensive.
and i want some benetint too, pugs.
i've been telling myself i'm gonna
buy it for the last 2 years now!
ebay??

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jan 10 2008, 09:02 AM
Post #32

i dislike loreal (dirty owned-by-nestle buggers mad.gif ) but they used to make a gel blush called translucide that works on cheeks and lips for a nice fresh face glow. i have a bunch i bought at a store closing sale for a buck a tube. you want one? i can send it with your fat lady clothes happy.gif when i get home.

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Jan 9 2008, 08:16 PM
Post #33

blanchedeveraux - a friend of mine just bought this stuff: Benefit Benetint. It's pretty cool stuff. Looks very natural. I wanted to buy it as well but didn't have the money at the time. Maybe I'll treat myself closer to my birthday.

Pugs

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Jan 2 2008, 10:31 AM
Post #34

Hardcore BUSTie

thanks also. i'll forward that link to a couple of friends who were just yesterday talking about after-30 acne woes.

+Quote Post
stellargirl9
post Jan 1 2008, 05:45 PM
Post #35

QUOTE(olivarria @ Dec 28 2007, 01:24 PM) *
This: http://www.smartskincare.com/ is an excellent website for reviewing beauty and skincare products. I have discovered so many great products here and I check it before I buy something just to make sure I don't waste my money.

Thanks!!

+Quote Post
stellargirl9
post Jan 1 2008, 05:44 PM
Post #36

My favorite products for cleansing are Apricot Scrub by St. Ives and Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleansing Pads. They work best for me. And I have tried EVERYTHING from high end to low end and always come back to these two for cleansing.

+Quote Post
olivarria
post Dec 28 2007, 12:07 PM
Post #37

Hardcore BUSTie

This: http://www.smartskincare.com/ is an excellent website for reviewing beauty and skincare products. I have discovered so many great products here and I check it before I buy something just to make sure I don't waste my money.

--------------------
"There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." -Anais Nin

+Quote Post
kari
post Dec 28 2007, 08:47 AM
Post #38

Hardcore BUSTie

I too get rashes easily. They itch so bad.

My favorite products:
1. Nivea body lotion
2. Cetaphil bar soap for the face
3. Oil of Olay day lotion
4. Clinique All About Eyes
5. Dove soap for the body
6. Neutragena anti-stress acne face scrub

+Quote Post
turbojenn
post Dec 28 2007, 08:41 AM
Post #39

Hardcore BUSTie

Marianita - I'm totally with you on the Bath & Body Works stuff - makes me VERY rashy, and I always get at least two gift sets for Xmas. But, even if I don't have receipts, they've been good about taking stuff back, when I explain that I'm allergic to their products, and then I exchange for candles or a bathrobe or whatever.

My top five products:
1. Cosmetic Lad moisturizer by LUSH
2. Aztec Clay Mask
3. Rosehip Seed oil (for redness & scars)
4. Dream Cream by LUSH
5. Apricot Scrub by St. Ives

+Quote Post
marianita
post Dec 27 2007, 11:32 PM
Post #40

i LOVE weleda skin food. my skin is super dry and i get weird rash-y dry skin in the winter and i use skin food on it and it goes away, and i even use it on my lips when they get chapped. i just wish i could find something cheaper that i wasn't totally allergic to.

and i HATE that for christmas i got a bath and body works gift box. i wish i could use that stuff but my skin reacts weirdly to it....

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 23, 2014 - 08:13 PM